Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:08:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy, Sell, or Trade Collectors Silver, Gold, and Bullion  (Read 9344 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:52:49 PM

Just a few hours left on the Norfed Auction. At the current bid, I'm losing about $8.50 if no one decides to bid higher. Good for you, bad for me  Undecided 

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:42:46 PM

Just a few hours left on the Norfed Auction. At the current bid, I'm losing about $8.50 if no one decides to bid higher. Good for you, bad for me  Undecided 

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite

You might hang on to these...  I am expecting some news that is going to make their value soar.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:16:26 AM

You might hang on to these...  I am expecting some news that is going to make their value soar.

Very neat, thanks, I'd be interested to hear whats going on if it isn't a hush hush type of thing.

Someone got a steal, winning the auction at 0.2298 BTC.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 02:35:54 AM

Very neat, thanks, I'd be interested to hear whats going on if it isn't a hush hush type of thing.

Someone got a steal, winning the auction at 0.2298 BTC.

Its been more than two and a half years since the trial, with no sentence.  The prosecution was defective, they didn't prove, much less allege, all the elements of any crime, but they rested their case and still got a guilty verdict from the jury.  Juries are unpredictable that way.
Justice dictates that there be no sentence and the verdict be overturned, the question is how.  Something is amiss, either the jury (likely), the ineffective government supplied defense counsel for not requesting the right jury... or something.
No court want's to be appealed and overturned, so it is likely to happen at the lower court.  When it does, it will resolve many questions regarding these pieces of historic consequence.

But yes that is a steal, if only I didn't have house guests and could have attended.  Wow.. that price. Smiley

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:06:53 PM

Updated quantities, will restock popular coins shortly. Remember, if there is anything in particular you are looking for, let me know, and I'll make some calls, and send you a quote.
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:53:52 PM

Made a purchase and received tracking info already. I will update on arrival.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:39:43 PM

Added a few more items, out of stock items to be restocked (based on availability) shortly. Picked up a special treat for the die hard coin collectors the other day, and will have that listed in the next few days.
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:00:28 PM

Hello people of BTCTalk. I have been an avid Silver stacker for years, and in the last few years got into the collectors coin market as well. I have a wide network of other collectors that I frequently buy/sell/trade with, and I figured I'd open up that market to you. Please note, spot price has very little to do with some of these coins. Some of them are semi collectable, and have lower premiums, some have low mintage numbers, pretty pictures, and are specially treated making them more valuable to collectors. I will also have lower premium generics and eagles and such from time to time. Before posting prices, I have price checked with other online retailers, and then undercut them to provide incentive to buy from myself, rather than them. This thread is self moderated, this is mainly to handle people complaining about spot prices, and to keep the thread on topic. If you are looking for something in particularly, pm me and I'll see if I can find it for you and give you a quote.

I accept BTC, LTC, or USD. Shipping to the U.S only, with small sales possible out of the country, however I've found that shipping services aren't a fan of shipping precious metals out of the country. I'm also always looking to buy or trade, so if you have something interesting for sale, or you want to barter, let me know.

Graded and Slabbed coins:

(10) 2005 MS69 Silver Eagle  

(1)  2011 25th Aniversary NGC MS69 Silver Eagle  

(1)  1995 Proof MS69 Silver Eagle  

(1)  2013 Enhanced Finish MS69 Silver Eagle  

(0)  2013 Tokelau MS70 Year of the Snake     SOLD OUT

(1)  2012 Tuvalu MS69 Mayflower UC    

(0)  2013 Perth MS69 Year of the Snake   SOLD OUT

(0)  2013 MS70 Silver Panda   SOLD OUT

Brilliant Uncirculated In Airtites:

(16)  2000 Norfed $10 Liberty Dollar     - Two of them have slight toning

(18) 2011 Fiji Taku Turtles  

(4) 2013 Mexican Libertads   
Photo to be added

(0) 2013 British Britannia   SOLD OUT

(1) 2013 1.5 Oz Candian Polar Bear  

(4) 2013 Armenia Noah's Ark  

(4) 2014 Somalia Elephant  

(4) 2013 Somalia Elephant  

(0) 2014 Australian Kookaburra   SOLD OUT

(0) 1999 Perth Year of the Rabbit   SOLD OUT

(1) 2003 Perth Year of the Goat  

(2) 2012 Perth Year of the Dragon    - One is in an Airtite, and other is in a flip

(1) 2008 Perth Year of the Mouse  

(1) 2010 Perth Year of the Tiger  

(1) 2013 Rwanda Cheetah  

Gold Coins:

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Perth Snake  

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Australian Kangaroo  

Bullion:

(2) Roll of 20 OPM 1Oz silver rounds.

(1) Roll of 2013 Silver Eagles

(1) Case of 10 1 Oz NorthWestTerritory Mint .45 Caliber Silver Bullets   

(3) 2013 Mexican Libertad in Air Tite with Milk Spots   

Who wants gold and silver given their downward sloping graphs?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:15:55 PM

Gold and Silver, even when down are still wildly popular investments. They are one of the only fairly well guarenteed investments. While Precious metals may not have the dramatic shifts up and down like Bitcoin has, If you buy gold or silver, it is almost guarenteed that your investment will at the very least keep up with inflation. So when the US Dollar is junk, Bitcoins are dead (A very real possibility) and you are holding Silver and Gold, you wont be totally screwed like if you were holding solely USD or Bitcoin.

Fiat, the US Dollar in particular has been on a downtrend for the last 80 years. Bitcoin has had a rediculous growth in the last 5 years, but it really hasn't been a thing long enough for people to know in what direction its going. And Gold and Silver have been a fairly stable form of currency or investment for over 3,000 years. Why not diversify?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:37:03 PM

Gold and Silver, even when down are still wildly popular investments. They are one of the only fairly well guarenteed investments. While Precious metals may not have the dramatic shifts up and down like Bitcoin has, If you buy gold or silver, it is almost guarenteed that your investment will at the very least keep up with inflation. So when the US Dollar is junk, Bitcoins are dead (A very real possibility) and you are holding Silver and Gold, you wont be totally screwed like if you were holding solely USD or Bitcoin.

Fiat, the US Dollar in particular has been on a downtrend for the last 80 years. Bitcoin has had a rediculous growth in the last 5 years, but it really hasn't been a thing long enough for people to know in what direction its going. And Gold and Silver have been a fairly stable form of currency or investment for over 3,000 years. Why not diversify?

Well aside from the precious metal content, some of these are very sought after by collectors.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:22:28 PM

Well aside from the precious metal content, some of these are very sought after by collectors.

Heh, true. I was directly responding to the question, "Who wants gold and silver given their downward sloping graphs?" But very true, the majority of the pieces that I offer for sale are influenced by the collectors market.
ptereh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:09:46 PM

You have 3 Libertads in stock, am I right?
How much for one 2013 Mexican Libertad in Air Tite with Milk Spots including shipping to EU?
How much for al three Libertads including shipping to EU?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:54:34 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 07:10:24 PM by SaltySpitoon

You have 3 Libertads in stock, am I right?
How much for one 2013 Mexican Libertad in Air Tite with Milk Spots including shipping to EU?
How much for al three Libertads including shipping to EU?

pmed
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:28:00 AM

Just added a coin which I love dearly, and would not be sad in the least to see it not sell. After a few months of searching, I found a MS70 Proof 2012 Tuvalu Flying Dutchmen. With a mintage number of 3,000 which sold out within weeks of their release in 2012, finding a MS70 one has not only been a chore, but has been against the odds in every way. Getting a grade of MS70 from NGC is a fluke. In order to recieve that grade, the coin has to be absolutely flawless, something that is not often found even with coins straight from the mint. Sometimes being a one in many thousands odds depending on what mint it is coming from. Although I don't know for certain, but based on past trends, I would venture to guess that there are not more than 30 of the MS70 Flying Dutchmans.

For those that don't want to spend quite that much on a coin, I'm planning on heading to a coin show fairly soon, so hopefully I snag some neat coins at a good price.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:11:19 PM

Added 2013 MS69 Silver Pandas, and 5 Oz Silver Scottsdale bars.
djjacket

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:46:49 PM

Just added a coin which I love dearly, and would not be sad in the least to see it not sell. After a few months of searching, I found a MS70 Proof 2012 Tuvalu Flying Dutchmen. With a mintage number of 3,000 which sold out within weeks of their release in 2012, finding a MS70 one has not only been a chore, but has been against the odds in every way. Getting a grade of MS70 from NGC is a fluke. In order to recieve that grade, the coin has to be absolutely flawless, something that is not often found even with coins straight from the mint. Sometimes being a one in many thousands odds depending on what mint it is coming from. Although I don't know for certain, but based on past trends, I would venture to guess that there are not more than 30 of the MS70 Flying Dutchmans.

For those that don't want to spend quite that much on a coin, I'm planning on heading to a coin show fairly soon, so hopefully I snag some neat coins at a good price.

Looks like there is one on ebay at the moment for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Tuvalu-1-Oz-Silver-The-Flying-Dutchman-1-NGC-PF70-UC-ER-SKU29429-/131015238286?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item1e811de28e
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:59:03 PM

Thanks so much Smiley Just bought myself another. Guess I'll hang onto mine until the guy is done selling his. I've seen maybe four Dutchmans since their release in 2012, one being on Ebay for $450, but that was way outside my price range.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 08:44:09 PM

Thanks so much Smiley Just bought myself another. Guess I'll hang onto mine until the guy is done selling his. I've seen maybe four Dutchmans since their release in 2012, one being on Ebay for $450, but that was way outside my price range.

Nice catch.  I am going to have to watch your thread more carefully!  Folks are feeding you the deals.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:33:33 AM

Nice catch.  I am going to have to watch your thread more carefully!  Folks are feeding you the deals.

Heh, yeah. Once I have a bit more capital flowing in and out, I'll be able to start offering more rare and harder to find/sell coins. As it is now though, I don't have the extra cash to buy a $500 coin that may or may not sit around for a few months. I do a lot of trades and purchases, so be sure to check in fairly often, as I never know what I'm going to have in stock.  Wink
djjacket

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:07:27 PM

Glad I could help you source another  Grin  Not a collector in silver bullion, but I thought I would pass along what I had found when looking around for info on that one.  I prefer older pre64 US coinage to the newly minted slabbed coins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: