Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:42:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy, Sell, or Trade Collectors Silver, Gold, and Bullion  (Read 9344 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:10:06 PM

Glad I could help you source another  Grin  Not a collector in silver bullion, but I thought I would pass along what I had found when looking around for info on that one.  I prefer older pre64 US coinage to the newly minted slabbed coins.

I like old coinage as well, but thats one of those things you can spend a few hundred dollars on, and not have it sell for a few months. I'll start carrying some and see how it goes from there.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:39:06 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 12:56:04 AM by SaltySpitoon

Updated shipping policies: Now shipping out of the U.S with caution

Updated Payment Options: Personal Check and Cash added.
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:27:08 PM

My order arrived. Excellently packaged and only took ~5 days from US to Europe.

Thanks again bud! Trust left.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:27:32 PM

Thank you very much, enjoy.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:32:57 AM

My Bitcoin price tickers seem to be on the fritz, so they are no longer displaying prices in Bitcoins. If you have any questions about pricing, or any questions at all for that matter, please pm me.

Also, I've had a few European customers receive their packages. Shipping to Europe tends to take around 5-7 days.
tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 03:49:51 AM

How did you manage shipping from US to Europe? The cheapest way I've found is USPS flat rate. Also, what did you list on the customs forms?

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:22:44 AM

How did you manage shipping from US to Europe? The cheapest way I've found is USPS flat rate. Also, what did you list on the customs forms?

First Class Mail in a well protected padded mailer and some of the larger orders in small boxes (6x6x6). Always be sure to tape the hell out of the openings of the boxes, as a lot of customs workers don't care all that much, however if the package is easily opened and resealed, it doesn't take much effort on their part to open it. If you have a non suspicious package, well sealed, they tend to not mess with it. On the customs declaration, I wrote Collector's Coins, and set their value near spot + a few. Which isn't lying in any way. They are collectors coins, and the coins are only worth their weight in silver + whatever people are willing to pay for them. So while Johnny may offer Spot +$50, Jeff may only be willing to pay Spot + $25 and Raul is a bastard and offers me spot. I do however refuse to falsify the customs declaration, as I'd be pretty dissapointed with myself if the thing I went down for was mail fraud. I just leave the customs declaration truthfully vague.

So far no one has had any issues with customs, however I have insisted that no one buy more than $400 worth at any given time, as then I have to fill out seperate customs forms specifically for tax reasons. Shipping cost has ranged from $6 for a 2-3 oz package, to around $20 for a 2lb package.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

Updated quantities, still having issues with the price ticker, so I may have to find another method of listing BTC pricing.
tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:38:26 PM

Updated quantities, still having issues with the price ticker, so I may have to find another method of listing BTC pricing.

I sent you a PM with a price ticker you can use. Actually I sent 3 of them because I clicked send too soon, but I hope it works for you!

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:50:36 PM

Do you have a gold "Year of the rabbit" coin?
Looking to get one for my friend Smiley
If so, how much?  Please PM me
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:25:34 AM

I sent you a PM with a price ticker you can use. Actually I sent 3 of them because I clicked send too soon, but I hope it works for you!

Got it, and I'm going to check it out now, I really appreciate it, thank you.

Do you have a gold "Year of the rabbit" coin?
Looking to get one for my friend Smiley
If so, how much?  Please PM me

What size, and the 1999 or 2011 Lunar rabbit? I don't have one currently, but I think I could get ahold of one for a reasonable price.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:19:32 AM

Many thanks go out to tim-tams for hooking a brother up and offering another solution for Bitcoin Price Tickers. Be sure to check out his site youmeandbtc.com
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:11:40 PM

Hi

can you help me with a price please
I am looking for 1 of each of the 2 relesed to date Zombucks in Silver sent to the UK

Thanks

I'll look around and if I find some, I'll give you a quote, and you can tell me yea or nay from there.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:41:39 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 04:07:01 PM by SaltySpitoon

I am looking for a silver White Dragon Lunar coin.

As in the 2012 Lunar Dragon, painted white?

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:08:00 PM

Exactly, kind sir Smiley

Alrighty, I included a picture in my last post just to make sure we are on the same page. I see them pretty often, however I don't often dip into the painted coin market which I guess is why I don't have one at the moment. I'd be happy to send you a quote as well when I find one.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:26:02 AM

Heh, sorry guys, I got a few pms from people asking what was up with their tracking info, as it said it was received by the post office, however there were no updates after that. I checked my voicemail, and I had a call from the post office telling me that I had forgot to check the, "I agree that what I'm shipping isn't flamable, dangerous, etc, etc" box on the customs forms. So I've got to go in and do that before they are allowed to move the packages.

So the down side, is everything is delayed a few days. On the upside, nothing has been lost or stolen or anything like that.

Sorry about that, won't happen again.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

Heh, sorry guys, I got a few pms from people asking what was up with their tracking info, as it said it was received by the post office, however there were no updates after that. I checked my voicemail, and I had a call from the post office telling me that I had forgot to check the, "I agree that what I'm shipping isn't flamable, dangerous, etc, etc" box on the customs forms. So I've got to go in and do that before they are allowed to move the packages.

So the down side, is everything is delayed a few days. On the upside, nothing has been lost or stolen or anything like that.

That's all fine and dandy but the real question is, how tough are ya?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:09:37 PM

That's all fine and dandy but the real question is, how tough are ya?

Well, my dietary norm consists of nails for breakfast... without any dairy supplement...

I plan on going to a pretty large coin show this weekend, I hope to be able to pick up some interesting pieces.
ptereh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:38:52 PM

Good to know my coins aren't flamable  Grin
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:36:25 PM

So I went in today and signed for everything, so all packages that were stuck in transit should now be moving. They just made me remove the lighter fluid from the packages with the customs declarations saying, "collectors coins" first.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: