Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:24:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy, Sell, or Trade Collectors Silver, Gold, and Bullion  (Read 9344 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:53:19 PM

Heading to a show today, watch for neat new additions to the list.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:44:25 PM

A little bit dissapointed with the turnout, all that I picked up was a 2 Oz 2011 Year of the Rabbit silver coin, from the Lunar II series. There was a lot of neat stuff, but most of it was a bit out of my price range.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:16:51 PM

With Bitcoin's flip flopping price, can you afford not to hedge?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:00:17 AM

all prices dropped, silver's spot price is down, now is the time to buy.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

SILVER BULLETS ALL THE WAY !!!

It is a must have for tomorrow.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:04:54 PM

Would you accept CGB?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:25:46 PM

Would you accept CGB?

Uhm, I suppose, pm me.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:47:20 AM

bump

Please keep bumping thread Salty as I'm checking it quite frequently wondering when Libertads and Britannias will be back in stock Smiley I also don't see the Fiji Turtles very often and in general terms I happen think that now is quite a good time to buy silver.

As I'm based in Australia, I am a little concerned about receiving the items via the mail but it's probably worth the risk for one or two different coins, if only to see what they're like in the hand. Obviously I can access all of the Perth Mint offerings without any importation issues and although there's no real reason for me to buy 'foreign silver', it's always nice to compare the designs and quality. Do you have any bars or is it just the coins that you offer?

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to send me a quick pm with an indication of shipping charges please?

Thanks very much, it's great to see the different coins, so I hope that you're getting some buyers through the thread (I'm thinking most would be quietly pm'ing you Cheesy ).

Cheers!

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:33:35 AM

Please keep bumping thread Salty as I'm checking it quite frequently wondering when Libertads and Britannias will be back in stock Smiley I also don't see the Fiji Turtles very often and in general terms I happen think that now is quite a good time to buy silver.

As I'm based in Australia, I am a little concerned about receiving the items via the mail but it's probably worth the risk for one or two different coins, if only to see what they're like in the hand. Obviously I can access all of the Perth Mint offerings without any importation issues and although there's no real reason for me to buy 'foreign silver', it's always nice to compare the designs and quality. Do you have any bars or is it just the coins that you offer?

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to send me a quick pm with an indication of shipping charges please?

Thanks very much, it's great to see the different coins, so I hope that you're getting some buyers through the thread (I'm thinking most would be quietly pm'ing you Cheesy ).

Cheers!

Thanks for the message and question. I've been trying to hit local shops and coin shows and such looking for good deals on Libertads and Britannias and such as well as interesting pieces, however haven't had too much luck lately. Of course if there is demand, I'll look for a more reliable but slightly more expensive source, however of course the cost would be passed along to the buyer, and I'd like to keep my prices competitive.

About your question, I cannot ship to Australia. Australia is actually incredibly strict on the importation of precious metals, and it is even difficult for large dealers like APMEX to do so. There is a ton of paperwork and other things standing in the way that make it near impossible for individuals to ship precious metals to Australia. Even APMEX won't bother with orders less than $1500, and they have extra say in the matter because of their business status.

I mostly deal in the more exotic coins, however I do get bars and rounds and such in from time to time. Designer bars and whatnaught I just don't find as interesting as collectors bullion, so I don't buy as much of it, but of course, if I find the market wishes it, I'd see if I could find more. I'm just about in restock mode, and once I can convert my BTC to $ or silver, I'll have everything restocked.
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1393

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:21:44 AM

Hi Salty

Any idea when your webshop will be open?

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:18:44 PM

Hi Salty

Any idea when your webshop will be open?

I've got everything registered, just brushing up on dreamweaver so I can create the site itself. I'm also thinking about what sort of payment processor to use. But my guess would be somewhat shortly.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:20:06 PM

Cheers!

Thanks for the message and question. I've been trying to hit local shops and coin shows and such looking for good deals on Libertads and Britannias and such as well as interesting pieces, however haven't had too much luck lately. Of course if there is demand, I'll look for a more reliable but slightly more expensive source, however of course the cost would be passed along to the buyer, and I'd like to keep my prices competitive.

About your question, I cannot ship to Australia. Australia is actually incredibly strict on the importation of precious metals, and it is even difficult for large dealers like APMEX to do so. There is a ton of paperwork and other things standing in the way that make it near impossible for individuals to ship precious metals to Australia. Even APMEX won't bother with orders less than $1500, and they have extra say in the matter because of their business status.

I mostly deal in the more exotic coins, however I do get bars and rounds and such in from time to time. Designer bars and whatnaught I just don't find as interesting as collectors bullion, so I don't buy as much of it, but of course, if I find the market wishes it, I'd see if I could find more. I'm just about in restock mode, and once I can convert my BTC to $ or silver, I'll have everything restocked.

Thanks very much for your detailed reply Salty, it is greatly appreciated. Yes, I think you are probably right, discretion is the better part of valor when it comes to exporting to Australia and I wouldn't want you or me to transgress and fall foul of any rules. It's just not worth it for a few pieces of silver and the imposition of customs or other levies would negate any value (and probably negate the joy) of receiving the 'foreign silver'.

Interesting you mention APMEX, I just signed up for an account with them the other day and yesterday received a "$10 off first order" coupon code by email. Maybe it's just a generic introductory offer, however they're aware I'm in Australia from the account sign-up, so I'll need to log into the site and see what the shipping situation is as I didn't actually check. As you comment though, it might be one thing for a large business to send to Australia and quite another for an individual. If I find anything interesting or discover a legitimate way where it might be possible and practical to enable you to send me some of your goodies, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, thanks for putting your coins up on this thread, I have to say it's very interesting to see what you have available and apart from the one ounce coins I mentioned above, I also find myself being drawn to that one and a half ounce Polar Bear Cheesy

Thanks again and good luck with the restocking.

Smiley

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:28:17 PM

Thanks very much for your detailed reply Salty, it is greatly appreciated. Yes, I think you are probably right, discretion is the better part of valor when it comes to exporting to Australia and I wouldn't want you or me to transgress and fall foul of any rules. It's just not worth it for a few pieces of silver and the imposition of customs or other levies would negate any value (and probably negate the joy) of receiving the 'foreign silver'.

Interesting you mention APMEX, I just signed up for an account with them the other day and yesterday received a "$10 off first order" coupon code by email. Maybe it's just a generic introductory offer, however they're aware I'm in Australia from the account sign-up, so I'll need to log into the site and see what the shipping situation is as I didn't actually check. As you comment though, it might be one thing for a large business to send to Australia and quite another for an individual. If I find anything interesting or discover a legitimate way where it might be possible and practical to enable you to send me some of your goodies, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, thanks for putting your coins up on this thread, I have to say it's very interesting to see what you have available and apart from the one ounce coins I mentioned above, I also find myself being drawn to that one and a half ounce Polar Bear Cheesy

Thanks again and good luck with the restocking.

Smiley

That would be great, thanks. I too am a fan of the Polar Bears. When they came out, I tried ordering a roll, but Canada was being a jerk, and somehow managed to only allow them to be sold within Canada. APMEX and other online dealers had them, however they would only ship to Canada. The Royal Canadian Mint, would only ship them to Canada, there was no pay a ludacris amount for shipping and handling, it was just impossible to buy them outside of Canada. I'm not sure if that is no longer in effect, or if my dealer smuggled them in from Canada, however they are very nice pieces that are pretty uncommon and without a rediculous premium. I'm trying to get my hands on another roll, but I see in the future that those coins may hold some rediculous collector's premium because they were impossible to get from the beginning if you weren't in Canada, and because they are the first piece of their 1.5 Oz series. I don't believe the second has come out yet.
ptereh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:16:04 PM

Just received my coins  Grin Very well packed and coins are as advertised. Thanx for a great transaction SaltySpitoon!

To bad the local postage company made an error on the customs form. They declare it's one item even tho Salty clearly stated on the package that there are 3 coins in the package. Resulting in me having to pay tax over all coins in stead of just one.  Angry
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:56:05 PM

Just received my coins  Grin Very well packed and coins are as advertised. Thanx for a great transaction SaltySpitoon!

To bad the local postage company made an error on the customs form. They declare it's one item even tho Salty clearly stated on the package that there are 3 coins in the package. Resulting in me having to pay tax over all coins in stead of just one.  Angry

Sorry to hear that. I do what I can to get around VATs or at the very least minimize them, but sometimes the tax man just wants his dues.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:52:38 PM

I should have a package coming in tomorrow containing some silver coins I've never owned before. Be sure to watch out for those, especially if you are a sport fisherman.
madpoet

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:53:05 PM

Salty what are you looking for to buy?  I've got a bunch of old junk silver (mostly dimes and quarters) as well as about 30 2013 silver eagles, a bunch of Maple Leafs, some turtles, etc;  Kind of a weird eclectic mix Smiley
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:26:22 PM

Salty what are you looking for to buy?  I've got a bunch of old junk silver (mostly dimes and quarters) as well as about 30 2013 silver eagles, a bunch of Maple Leafs, some turtles, etc;  Kind of a weird eclectic mix Smiley

Sent you a pm  Smiley
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

New Product Added!

Just in fresh from the mint, 1 Oz 2011 Proof Gilded Pacific Swordfish coins from the New Zealand Mint. Each coin comes inside of a special display case direct from the mint. Pick yours up now, because I have no idea if I'll ever get more of these.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:58:05 AM

Some people that purchased lately made out big! If you are concerned with the Bitcoin market, why not hedge?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: