Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] BulkSource.me - Crowdsourced Bulk Ordering Site  (Read 899 times)
Cyrus (OP)
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2949

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:08:04 AM

I'm posting this for a long time lurker but new user to the forums Sythic. He will be able to post here after the site has come back up fully. I've worked with him on several projects before and can vouch for him. Here goes:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BulkSource.me is a site dedicated to crowdfunding bulk orders(or in other words group buying) for hardware such as ASIC chips that require a large minimum order amount that many people may not be able to afford all at once. BulkSource.me provides the opportunity to buy smaller quantities with a group so you only have to purchase what you can afford/the amount you want.

The first funding campaign will be for BFL 65NM ASIC Bitcoin Mining Chips. They require a minimum of 100 chips be purchased at a total cost of $7500. Through BulkSource.me, you can purchase any amount you wish.
In the future we may partner with some community developers to build the chips into a finalized product, however in the meantime, the current campaign is soley for the chips only. Currently Bitcoin is the only payment option, however we may add other funding sources such as Paypal and Altcoins in the future.

The majority of items that will be funded through BulkSource.me will require manufacturing prior to being able to ship. Each different vendor will have different lead-times on their products, please be sure you agree with the delays before making a purchase.

The ordering process simply requires filling out the form on the homepage and following the instructions in the email to send a deposit of 50% of your total balance.

We have a full refund policy at any time up until the group order is fully funded, at which time no more refunds will be accepted, and the remainder of your total balance will be due. Once all payments are received we will submit the order to the vendor for manufacturing. Another email will be sent when the order is complete and we are ready to ship your items to you.

Thanks for your time, help spread the word to others who might be interested as well, funding campaigns will be fullfilled faster this way Smiley
Sythic aka Aaron Blankenship
http://bulksource.me
http://aaronblankenship.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cyrus (OP)
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:19:28 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 07:33:15 PM by Cyrus

We're looking into restarting a new campaign with a more requested product than BFL mining chips. Please help us choose something that more people want to get their hands on. Mining hardware is not our only option here, it can be anything that requires a bulk order or offers a substantial discount for buying in bulk.

Please leave us some suggestions in the comments here, we'd like to launch a new campaign within a day or so. Also, the current campaign has been disabled, you can now signup for our mailing list to be notified when new products go live. You can unsubscribe from this list at any time.

Since we are unable to start a poll, just leave a comment with the following information to make a suggestion.

Name of a product
URL to the suppliers product page

Thanks for helping make BulkSource more valuable to the community!
Sythic

hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:16:34 AM

This is pretty exciting for us, exactly the kind of stuff that Bitcoin could be really useful for.

Hope to see some consumer-oriented products offered this way soon.

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Jumpy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:05:09 AM

Any chance of future expansion into items aside from mining-specific equipment?

Cool concept, especially if you can build a rep for handling these orders ethically and efficiently; I'm just not in the mining crowd.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
Cyrus (OP)
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:33:59 PM

Yes, we do have in plan to add more than one campaign at a time, as well as diversifying the range of items.

Jumpy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:17:51 AM

Yes, we do have in plan to add more than one campaign at a time, as well as diversifying the range of items.

Keep us updated on developments in this regard, of course. There is a huge number of useful ways to apply this type of funding campaign.

Good luck with the mining equipment.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
Sythic

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 05:48:28 PM

If mining hardware is not what is wanted we're definitely open to trying other things. I decided to open with BFL chips because it was relevant to Bitcoin and a fairly small order of only 100 chips for our first campaign.

So far it seems these don't interest too many people, I will have Cyrus update the thread sometime today with a poll for a new product and we can get something going. The poll will probably be generic, "Mining hardware", "Other hardware", "Comment suggestion". Please post any suggestions and we can add them to the poll.

Appreciate the interest in the project, I'm excited to see where we can go with it.

Cyrus (OP)
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:33:52 PM

Check the second post for more details. Thanks for the interest guys!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: