Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:12:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Cryptsy's XPM Market  (Voting closed: November 07, 2013, 07:31:40 PM)
I like it, nothing needs to change - 36 (46.2%)
I don't like it, it needs to be replaced by a PPC market - 5 (6.4%)
I don't like it, it needs to be replaced by an NVC market - 1 (1.3%)
I don't like it, it needs to be replaced by some other market - 17 (21.8%)
I don't care about it at all - 19 (24.4%)
Total Voters: 78

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vote]Cryptsy's XPM market  (Read 1609 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:31:40 PM

There has been alot of controversy surrounding cryptsy's move to creating an XPM market for coins not good enough for BTC and LTC markets. Specifically, we have seen an outcry over the lack of liquidity in the market.

State your case.

if choosing option four, please name the market you would like

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 07:34:46 PM

FRK!!

but im biased. Tongue

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Fablio2

Activity: 464
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:36:50 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 07:51:16 PM by Fablio2

PPC? NVC? What a strange idea!

I don't think that XPM market needed, but if you want to make CPU-coin market, then make it by QRK.
Because QuarkCoin is the most innovative coin (Super secure hashing: 9 rounds of hashing from 6 hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.0

ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:39:01 PM

There should be no more markets.
The XPM market is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:41:29 PM

i didn't even notice this -- why primecoin? is it the most highly traded coin after BTC and LTC? this should be based on volume, pure and simple. the "3rd market" should be traded against the next most-highly traded coin. i like the idea though.

demontn

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:58:26 PM

What about NOTHING?  isn't BTC and LTC markets enough? Huh you need to invest more in shitcoins?  Shocked   Angry
Lottery Tickets

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:13:42 PM

Get rid of it altogether. Btc and ltc is enough. Xpm looks like a desperate cash grab to cash in on a stockpile of XPM. It's ruining two great coins for this bullshit, too. TIX and NET are both suffering so Cryptsy can line their pockets. Shameful
exnom

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Get rid of it altogether. Btc and ltc is enough. Xpm looks like a desperate cash grab to cash in on a stockpile of XPM. It's ruining two great coins for this bullshit, too. TIX and NET are both suffering so Cryptsy can line their pockets. Shameful

Mjeh how did you manage to fit in "TIX" and "great coin" in the same sentence!?
XPM market is fine, if you dont like it dont trade on Cryptsy..
Lol you guys actually payed people to spam for TIX in Cryptsy´s announcement thread and now you complain about it being added at the XPM market, you get what you deserve i guess Grin

Want to trade Altcoins? Come give https://cryptsy.com a try.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 08:33:16 PM

We dont need an XPM market, end of story Smiley
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:41:06 PM

+
Lottery Tickets

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:44:05 PM

Lol you guys actually payed people to spam for TIX in Cryptsy´s announcement thread and now you complain about it being added at the XPM market, you get what you deserve i guess Grin

It's funny you pick the coin with the most places accepting it to talk shit about. Research is your friend. Blindly posting comments you know nothing about makes you look ignorant
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:52:17 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 09:37:01 PM by cryptohunter

That makes no difference at all. No new coins should be only listed on that exchange. I do not want to have to double exchange my ltc it is madness until more people hold large quantities of xpm. Use another exchange is not possible after they created a firesale on their exchange.

Actually the rate LTC is crashing and xpm rising there will not be all that much difference soon. Could even strangely work out better for TIX and NET in the end, doubtful though.

If the xpm rise is due to cryptsy adding that market, it is dangerous that an exchange that has a vested interest in the coins they hold can have that much influence, it's like a rigged market. Let's hope they don't start an ORB market anytime soon. Really the exchange needs to adhear to rules or they are no better than phenix they can cause spikes and troughs when they like and scoop up coins ready for sale or dumping.

Why are more exchanges not adding far more coins. Have they not noticed you need to add the new coins to get a good turn over. The older exchanges have less volume than cryptsy now due to the fact they dont add the coins they need to.

Crypsty is the best we have but we need to make sure it is impartial since the markets are so small and they are the only exchange for many coins, right now it is open for exploitation. Any massive changes like adding markets need discussion and notice for a long time before doing it.

Overall i feel i may be a bit harsh because they have done a lot for young crypto currencies, low fees and still the best for now.

r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:54:25 PM

Any massive changes like adding markets need discussion and notice for a long time before doing it.

i agree

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:57:09 PM

How typical, 10 posts and not a single number... you know, that thing with digits.

Cryptsy doesn't even show you volume totals, it must be a secret...
You think they might show you a volume table for all the coins...
No, it would be embarrassing... most of them trade 0.5 BTC/day.

October 8th XPM

mcxNOW = 300 BTC
Cryptsy  = about 50 BTC (they don't sum it for you, why?) 

mcxNOW takes over every coin it lists within weeks...
Keep watching it happen as more coins get added...
Who ever thought WDC would be trading > 1000 BTC/day.

October 8th WDC

mcxNOW = 1200 BTC
Cryptsy  = about 15 BTC (they don't sum it for you, why?) 

That's what happens when you have 10,000 BTC sitting on a great exchange...
And a hardcore trading culture (I was wrong about the Crack Box).
exnom

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:50:02 PM

It's funny you pick the coin with the most places accepting it to talk shit about. Research is your friend. Blindly posting comments you know nothing about makes you look ignorant

I think people are not very interested in dice-rolling, texas holdem and things like that they want real stuff.
I aint talking shit - its the truth, you just cant handle it and are butthurt about getting added to the XPM market..
Not the A-team, not the B-team but the C-team is where TIX belong i do honestly think so and so did apparently Cryptsy!

here a quote from your TIX thread:
"Lottery Tickets is now the FIRST coin traded on the XPM Market
Thanks Paul and John, we are honored to be the first ones in this market"
here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297666.0
so why complain now?
From that to..
"TIX and NET are both suffering so Cryptsy can line their pockets. Shameful"
In a few days..

Want to trade Altcoins? Come give https://cryptsy.com a try.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:05:44 PM

I think people are not very interested in dice-rolling, texas holdem and things like that they want real stuff.
I aint talking shit - its the truth, you just cant handle it and are butthurt about getting added to the XPM market..
Not the A-team, not the B-team but the C-team is where TIX belong i do honestly think so and so did apparently Cryptsy!

here a quote from your TIX thread:
"Lottery Tickets is now the FIRST coin traded on the XPM Market
Thanks Paul and John, we are honored to be the first ones in this market"
here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297666.0
so why complain now?
From that to..
"TIX and NET are both suffering so Cryptsy can line their pockets. Shameful"
In a few days..

Cryptsy moved TIX to LTC market just minutes ago.
abrx

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:21:31 AM

At the heart of Primecoin laid a good idea, but it does not fit well with the market practice and mining of coins.
mkbit88

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 07:59:23 AM

Can someone provide some insight on exactly why a XPM market is detrimental?

If anything, it may not be that great of a thing, but I cant see how its that much worth of a thing.
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:10:56 AM

I like the new change. This can obviously help xpm in general.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 08:12:36 AM

Where is the option to vote for "They are already way over their fucking heads and can't handle what is already on the exchange. Remove XPM markets and replace them with NOTHING."
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: