Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Start crowdfunding effort for decentralized stock exchange?
yes
no
waste of time

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are a US citizen you basically can go F yourself! BTCT, Bitfunder, Dwolla  (Read 17285 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:42:13 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 03:53:24 AM by freedomno1

Effective October 28, 2013 at 4pm CT, Dwolla will be withdrawing its service offerings to virtual currency exchanges and virtual currency related services.

It is interesting that the deadlines for all three are at the same time. I wonder if something is going to happen on Nov. 1st.

That's actually an interesting observation, I will be expecting some sort of  news release on November 1st now myself
Besides the Crowdfunding legislation bill

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:14:39 PM

luckily the EU countries (I know it sounds crazy to even say this) are more friendly to financial innovation...

Doesn't sound crazy at all.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 08:46:45 PM

luckily the EU countries (I know it sounds crazy to even say this) are more friendly to financial innovation...

Doesn't sound crazy at all.

Well yes now, but historically speaking MNC exec's complained about all of the red tape in EU countries and how those economies were slower to recover from recessionary periods due to inability to adjust to new economic opportunities.  It seems the tables have turned?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:17:01 PM

They should just use Cavirtex but sucks to be in the USA

https://www.cavirtex.com/news

Oct. 9, 2013, 3:05 p.m. - **Debit cards have arrived as a new withdrawal option! (In Beta)

In the interest of releasing this to the public quickly, we are proud to announce our Beta launch of Debit Cards that will work with ATM or POS terminals in Canada and even some internationally! For faster withdrawals you can now sell Bitcoins for CAD and then take out the cash at ATM's! There is a one-time fee of $10 to have the card mailed to you, once you have the card there is a low administration fee of $1.50 to add funds to the card. You must have VirtEx CAD to withdraw to this card and you must be cash or online verified but no bank account is required. Loads are performed once per business day at 5PM(MST) starting tomorrow.

The first step is to make sure your contact information has your correct address, this is where your card will be mailed by regular mail, next go to Withdraw CAD and choose an amount to withdraw A debit card (with PIN) will then be mailed to you but the amount will not be loaded until you have confirmed receipt of the card by submitting a ticket under the new category: ”Prepaid Debit”. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail when your first amount is loaded. More details will follow with the release of a full fee schedule for card use shortly. When Beta ends in approximately 1-2months we will enable live 24/7 loading of these cards the moment you press withdraw CAD! We will also allow for Canada express post rush card delivery shortly!
Yeah, but you know Cavirtex will fall / require AML eventually, right? The only exchange that I'd call safe is MPEx.
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:27:41 AM

Every freedom seems to be slowly taken away from Americans under the guise of homeland security and fighting terrorism. I wonder how soon before its illegal for American citizens to even have a bank account outside the U.S.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:23:40 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 07:45:20 AM by freedomno1

They should just use Cavirtex but sucks to be in the USA

https://www.cavirtex.com/news

Oct. 9, 2013, 3:05 p.m. - **Debit cards have arrived as a new withdrawal option! (In Beta)

In the interest of releasing this to the public quickly, we are proud to announce our Beta launch of Debit Cards that will work with ATM or POS terminals in Canada and even some internationally! For faster withdrawals you can now sell Bitcoins for CAD and then take out the cash at ATM's! There is a one-time fee of $10 to have the card mailed to you, once you have the card there is a low administration fee of $1.50 to add funds to the card. You must have VirtEx CAD to withdraw to this card and you must be cash or online verified but no bank account is required. Loads are performed once per business day at 5PM(MST) starting tomorrow.

The first step is to make sure your contact information has your correct address, this is where your card will be mailed by regular mail, next go to Withdraw CAD and choose an amount to withdraw A debit card (with PIN) will then be mailed to you but the amount will not be loaded until you have confirmed receipt of the card by submitting a ticket under the new category: ”Prepaid Debit”. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail when your first amount is loaded. More details will follow with the release of a full fee schedule for card use shortly. When Beta ends in approximately 1-2months we will enable live 24/7 loading of these cards the moment you press withdraw CAD! We will also allow for Canada express post rush card delivery shortly!
Yeah, but you know Cavirtex will fall / require AML eventually, right? The only exchange that I'd call safe is MPEx.

It is a possibility tradefortess that they will require AML for this, they already do KYC documents but for now it is in beta.

The Anti-Money Laundering part of the document however has no jurisdiction in the United States since they primarily deal with Canadian customers (or dual-citizens). (I believe you are alluding to the Federal Shutdown of the last attempt at a bitcoin visa)

That said I looked back at the previous post and quoted a bad example since we are talking about American Citizen's.

To say that they will fall/collapse as an exchange implies that they haven't been building up a network which is unlikely as they are spending time and resources to develop a merchant user-base and are starting to grow it albeit gradually.
https://www.cavirtex.com/merchant_directory

https://www.cavirtex.com/faq
What is online and cash verification?

In order to create barriers for money laundering and other abusive uses of our system as well as to comply with government regulations, we perform a type of due diligence known as KYC (know your customer) compliance for customers choosing to use payment methods shown here.

When logged into your account go to the account verification link and submit the documents

Can check the previous notes

Oct. 1, 2013, 3:24 p.m. - Dividend Update

Joseph David : "There will be no dividend payout this quarter for the following reasons:
1) New banking relationships recently secured demand large capital reserves in order for them to work with us.
2) VirtEx is re-investing all revenues to grow our company and maintain our team of 15 employees, as well as investing in marketing and legal counsel.
I do intend on paying a dividend once the company shows sustained growth and profitability, and will be providing the next dividend update as well as financials by Q1 2014.”

Sept. 26, 2013, 3:52 p.m. - Recent Fraud Attempts require us to tighten our verification procedures yet again!

From CEO Joseph David: "I grow increasingly frustrated with the amount of fraud BTC attracts. My mission has always been to keep Canadian funds in Canadian Banks and service Canadian Citizens only. Every time even one fraud attempt occurs, it damages our relationships with our banks and payment providers and makes it more difficult for all Canadian Bitcoin exchange to operate. As a result of recent fraud attempts, I am drastically increasing our verification requirements and all verified customers will be contacted to update their documentation if needed. Please see the new document requirements on the account verification page and upload any documents that you may be missing. The limits on Bill Payment will now be a maximum of $9,000 per day with $90,000 per 30 day period. Be warned that if you attempt to exceed $30,000 per 30 day period via any payment method we will require a bank reference letter before crediting any received payments. If you would like to make larger deposits, you must be cash verified and use the wire transfer option. We have also implemented velocity controls on new accounts and will be holding all deposits of $5,000 or more via any method for 3 business days AFTER we receive the funds before we can credit your account. I understand that these new policies are frustrating for new and existing users however my goal is to maintain Bitcoin Exchange in Canada with Canadian banks."

I agree Mpex one way or another will not die silently
Unless MP gets put into jail
Don't recall the contingencies of MPEX if the operator is gone.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:45:15 AM

As a non US citizen in a country that will discover bitcoin in about 10 years or so, I offer my services to be a proxy for US citizens portfolios. Smiley

aww so kind <333

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:44:22 PM

Well yes now, but historically speaking MNC exec's complained about all of the red tape in EU countries and how those economies were slower to recover from recessionary periods due to inability to adjust to new economic opportunities.  It seems the tables have turned?

Well, the tables have turned inasmuch as the US has become a rogue state.

From the FAQ:

21. What happens if your domain(s) or server(s) are confiscated ?
 In case the domain is confiscated or otherwise lost MPEx will move to a different domain, in a different jurisdiction. Should the same happen again, MPEx would move to what will at the time be a solid alternative for a free Internet, be it the TOR network, namecoin or some equivalent DNS or any comparable solution. No government will ever be able to stop the Internet, in general. We're prepared to show this in the particular.

Should the systems be confiscated or otherwise lost the service will failover to different systems, possibly on bulletproof hosting if need be. If sufficient pressure is put on this side MPEx will be recoded as a p2p system.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:10:30 PM

Every freedom seems to be slowly taken away from Americans under the guise of homeland security and fighting terrorism. I wonder how soon before its illegal for American citizens to even have a bank account outside the U.S.
They won't even need to make it illegal as a growing list of foreign owned banks, payment processors and financial companies are already singing kay sera sera to the US.
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:36:29 AM

They won't even need to make it illegal as a growing list of foreign owned banks, payment processors and financial companies are already singing kay sera sera to the US.

Though I am sure the U.S. would still prefer to have complete control and that would not be too difficult for them to just make it illegal to own a foreign bank account if you are American. Granted, they are getting a lot of data handed over from foreign banks, processors, etc. I am sure the U.S. will deem that not enough. Absolute money control is the government's goal and it'll probably stretch past American's if they allow it. They already monitor global internet data as it passes through the U.S. We've already seen instances of the long arm of the U.S. arresting and seizing foreign assets and foreigners.

I think Americans need to push for separatist movements in my opinion.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:13:16 AM

sad to hear, but you are voting for those assholes who run your country and changing it to fascist state. Next time you will be not allow to travel abroad probably, only few of you would have a chance to even get a passport... sad to hear, again.

How exactly can we be expected to vote for someone when everything they do is top secret and not disclosed to the general public?

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 01:15:10 AM

This is true...
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 01:20:03 AM

Well, the tables have turned inasmuch as the US has become a rogue state.

From the FAQ:

21. What happens if your domain(s) or server(s) are confiscated ?
 In case the domain is confiscated or otherwise lost MPEx will move to a different domain, in a different jurisdiction. Should the same happen again, MPEx would move to what will at the time be a solid alternative for a free Internet, be it the TOR network, namecoin or some equivalent DNS or any comparable solution. No government will ever be able to stop the Internet, in general. We're prepared to show this in the particular.

Should the systems be confiscated or otherwise lost the service will failover to different systems, possibly on bulletproof hosting if need be. If sufficient pressure is put on this side MPEx will be recoded as a p2p system.

Would be cool if people could launch blockchains of database changes for inclusion in p2p networks that are then used by end user apps... like imagine if the DB for SR was totally distributed...  not advocating that but just saying...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: