Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die?  (Read 2975 times)
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:46:25 PM

The loss of the crypto currency is the reverse side of technological progress. In connection with the non-obviousness of the existence of a crypto currency, such a loss can occur under many circumstances. This is one of the weaknesses of the crypto currency. Already talking about the loss of access to about six million bitcoins. In the future this figure will only increase steadily. It is from this point of view that we can say that the crypto currency is not a reliable store of value and even money.
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:56:12 PM

Do the same as with documents and paper money, make the competent bequest, you store in the fireproof safe, and make backup copies.
Larrymili

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:57:42 PM

The hardest part of crypto currency is listing of pin and crypto wallet information. I will advice people to at least share their secret pin with their wife or child to avoid a big mistake when someone dies , so that your crypto currency will not be a wast to your family when you die
russaa8

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:02:50 PM

You know that one of the versions, why the bitcoins creator has not used one of his bitkoynov, is his death.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:31:02 PM

It's good from the beginning when we decided to enter into the world of crypto family also know what you're doing,when you're getting older try to approach your children and tell them about the world of crypto with a language that is understandable so when you bequeath your wallet they already understand and know how to wd or manage your wallet for trading in the exchanger but all will be so very difficult if you died suddenly because of all the people also do not know to the life what they live in the world
Dingdong7

Activity: 138
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:34:46 PM

There is no way you can recover it unless you allow somebody to have access over your account. It might ne burn and will help to make price have greasy value. For every loss private there is a potential for growth. I suggest you to make a complete details of your accounts allowing closest family member to have access om it when you die.

●                   ►                   ●      B I T C O I N   V I D E O   C A S I N O      ●                   ◄                   ●
Slots    Video Poker    Blackjack     ──  Classic fun for serious players  ──     Craps    Roulette    Keno    Dice
////////////////////////   PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT   ///   PROVABLY FAIR   ///     REFERRAL PROGRAM     ////////////////////////
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:31:39 AM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

If you are using your hardwallet, be sure to write the seed of your wallet out of it to backup.
store it on a different safe place than your hardwallet. so if your wallet destroy, the backup seed not destroy and
you can recover your wallet.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
fargoway

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:33:23 AM

Leave the access to someone you trust and no problems. Otherwise, why should you worry about something that will happen after you die?
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 09:10:10 AM

Strange thoughts. One can`t know for sure what will happen in the next few hours but people here start to predict their own death...Don`t panic. While you`re young and healthy go bitcoin and other cryptos if you`re interested and time will tell what will happen next...
weeklyeth

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:20:48 AM

As of now, as suggested by others, we have to have a backup, making a note or leaving some resource in a trusted third party member, like a friend or a relative, leaving them responsible for them. In addition, as bitcoin industry is still in a budding stage, as the industry develops, I believe, there will be services that can provided by many service providers for such instances.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:23:53 AM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

Use a tresor for your private keys always do backups and wirite sth down in tresor in case of death so somebody can take care about your private keys.

otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:51:24 AM

Leave the access to someone you trust and no problems. Otherwise, why should you worry about something that will happen after you die?
worried because if we die and no one passes our crypto then all of that is wasted. you must give / inherit your crypto to the person you trust. but do not let you think you will die. because we have a decisive death. may we always be given health and long life by god.
klavyemaus52

Activity: 571
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:51:47 AM

They will die with you if you dont teach anyone like a real life u are dying and nothing come with you
princess22

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:02:18 AM

If ever that happens to me,?i will never take it secretly i better tel my husband give him a copy of my secret or i may say private securities (wallets).,for the future also of my kids.
ekstremista

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:10:58 AM

That depends on where you wind up going. Heaven is where you can still use your bitcoin and transaction times are instantaneous. Hell is where they take only fiat.
MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:14:28 AM

maybe there's nothing to do and if some years have passed the price of your hold is great, but it's best to put all your wallet info just as soon as your family finds it or you can tell them if you go procedure how to make money for not being able to work

Or make a last will and testament form to your trusted lawyer to be given to your love ones just in case accidents happen. It is like having an organ donor card in your wallet, it is not like you wish for it to happen you just don't want everything you have worked with to go to waste.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
RealMean55

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:20:20 AM

Thats a choice you will have to make, you can decide to have a heir to whom you pass them to when you die, maybe write a will and tell them where to find your private account details when you die
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 11:10:06 AM

Its a very good question actually. I have thought of it myself. I'm not sure but I think there is a new cryptocurrency project whose aim is to tackle this problem of what happens to your assets after you die. Personally, I have written my private keys and kept it together in a fireproof safe with some of my personal belongings. If I die, there are instructions on how my siblings or other family members can make use of it. They'll be damn lucky bastards if I hustle so hard and die very quickly for them to enjoy the work of my crypto hustles.

cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:29:34 AM

I think if I die soon, all the coins or tokens I have will be buried forever. I never told my family about wallet storage. Though death is a mystery, but I don't think I will die soon. So I haven't prepared if anything like this will happen. I am still young by the way. I haven't got a wife and child yet. To be honest, I don't intend to tell this kind of thing to my parents. They are really cool parents, maybe if i tell them they will donate it.

russaa8

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:17:05 PM

When I see that bitcoins have not been affected for more than 5 years on purses, I have the idea that their owners died and did not give their personal keys. I think this is to reduce the supply on the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: