Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die?  (Read 2980 times)
Dayan1

Activity: 388
Merit: 100

All-in-One Crypto Payment Solution

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:18:18 PM

Your cryptocurrencies are still in the internet but it depends on you if you have person that will inherit your bitcoin like someone that you really trust so if you did that then your bitcoins will not just die and it will continue its life from a new bitcoin user which is the person that you trusted to inherit your bitcoin.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
Janpura

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:49:22 PM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.
To avoid loosing your account in crypto, while you are still alive when you have a wife or children who anyone else that you want to trust you should give to them your private key let them know and access your account.
Gila uang

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:04:16 PM

If no one has your passwords and passkeys to your wallets or whatever storage you use then I am afraid those coins are gone forever. You would always put it in a will like you would other properties and investments, write the passwords and passkeys down and have it specified who and who gets the passwords and passkeys so they can get your crypto when you die.

I think it is best to enter all information wallet you as soon as the family you found it or you can tell them if you go to the procedure how to make money for could not work may no one can be done and if a few years have passed, the price you remove the very large
Corsicoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

CryptoSport

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 03:15:55 PM

Hope someone will developp an app that could transfer your Bitcoins to another wallet if there's a too long inactivity?
That's what I would do if I knew how to make an app with smart contract

luckybit1

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:42:30 PM

Anyway no one tells it all. It does happen and it maybe anytime any day..But my humble advice is you can always share your private key with one of your trusted member of the family.Like i really trust my only sister and our last son very well,she has my private key even now.
dgross0818

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:43:14 PM

If you have a personal key to generate the correct signatures, you can dispose of the currency. If its owner dies and does not leave a password after itself, the currency remains inaccessible forever. On the other hand, if you can access the computer of a deceased person, it is possible that you will have access to his bitcoins.
Nurul_

Activity: 181
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:47:07 PM

if I die. although I myself am afraid to speak with death.all the assets I have will be a legacy for my children and my family. because bitcoin Although still only the picture and there is no form in the real world. but the results we can enjoy in the real world like paper money .

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:55:44 PM

Well you lose your crypto coins when you die and they are lost forever and just add to the coins that are not coming into the market ever. Thats why if you have a big enough hodling than you either let someone close to you in your family about it or make a will in which you mention the private keys.

Rebdoomer

Activity: 100
Merit: 2

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:28:18 PM

Pass down your paper wallet to a family member.
People die everyday and there are investors out there who owns cryptocurrency that passed away. The deaths of investors are basically HODL their crypto coin. Which keeps the value of their coin to never reach zero.
DarrinEspacio

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:33:03 PM

in this case you can share your personal information to someone whom you believe. so that, after you he/she can use it.
abiola1

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:34:53 PM

Anything can happen to anyone at any time the chances to suddenly die are slim but they are not non-existent. Strokes, accidents, heart disease and so on, in case of a sudden death try to be transparently share the keys to your trusted children and tell them how crypto is all about.
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:35:40 PM

choose someone who will take the responsibility on behalf of you and give your personal info.
ClintonJ

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:46:31 PM

it will be safe but it need someone to give the correct information and collect your things.
Th3developer

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:51:41 PM

If you want to transfer someone your bitcoins by inheritance, then make sure that he gets the data to access your wallet. But, it turns out, the exchanges have a policy of transferring virtual currency to the next of kin. However, they are reluctant to discuss this issue, fearing that fraudsters will use fake death certificates to appropriate strangers' bitcoins.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:18:54 PM

Perhaps the problem that often happens when someone starts to plunge into the online world is losing the key to store an asset so that condition can make a person panic and could be afraid when want to do various activities about the online world in the future.

ogini

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:31:29 PM

It will be best your drop your password and keys to your wife or the person you have choose as your next of kin ,in that way after you join your Forefathers some should have access to your wealth.
MxRizky22

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:10:25 PM

Hahahah you mind that ? Grin me too by the way. maybe you must teach you're kid about crypto Grin
ninjaeth

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:13:43 PM

The hardest part of crypto currency is listing of pin and crypto wallet information. I will advice people to at least share their secret pin with their wife or child to avoid a big mistake when someone dies , so that your crypto currency will not be a wast to your family when you die
jpnl0004

Activity: 198

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:30:15 PM

If no member of your family has access to your wallet when you die it dies along with you, for you to avoid such and watching all your hard earn coins waste while in the grave let a reliable member of your family have access to your wallet thanks.
Samj16

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:56:25 AM

I think if ever when a cyrpto holder dies and no one knows about your cyrpto account it will maybe useless your the only pne who knows about it. Much better if you make a list of your password,waller etc so your family will have an access in the event you die. So all the effort you made in cyrpto will have worth for the sake of your Family.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: