Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die?  (Read 2980 times)
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:21:21 PM

You determine what happen to your portfolio in crypto while you are still alive,ones you will your laptop with your private keys to the person you want to will it to, then you can be sure your family or over ones can have access to it, else it will just be there wasting away, while families that are alive might be suffering
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:43:12 PM

that will happen with cryptocurrency when you die in my opinion your assets will be a treasure because that can only access yourself only but different if the assets you have you give to relatives or people you trust.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:57:35 PM

Your cryptocurrency will be useless if you die without carrying any of your relatives or child along which is very bad. You can also keep your keys in a place that can be accessible when something like that comes up but it will be better and more secure when you get someone along so that your Crypto Currencies  will not die with you.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:05:59 PM

For me, if I would die, I wouldnt let my Bitcoins die. I would be writing it in a piece of paper and secure it in a place where they will be able to find it after im gone. Big or small amount can help, and besides what would you do with bitcoin? you cant use it in the other life
Yes, that's better idea to share your bitcoin in your relatives. Write something about your assets of what they do if your gone even it is small or big amount. I think your relatives thanks to you cause you trust them.

dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:09:04 PM

As far as I know nothing will happen to your crypto it will remain as it is, not unless you permit someone closes to you know whom you trusted the most to your keys or can access to it if something happens to you.Crypto will remain as it is and has the chance to grow and bloomed it...no one and nothing can tamper , intrude to your wallet unless you permit to,

paulo29

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:17:56 PM

As far as i know, your cryptocurrencies will remain in your account and will stay in there even you die. However, if you let someone whom you trusted to have an access to your account and even trusted your wallet and your private key so that if anything happen to you they can still have an access to your account or to your digital currencies.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:31:42 PM

still there is still crypto if me and you all it is dead. because there are still many crypto users in this world and the future of crypto and old and not crypto also depends on the internet network in this world

Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:30:53 PM

when you save all your crypto data including your wallet, when you die it will not happen anything. Crypto in your wallet will be a hidden treasure.
But it is not good at all, I think if you will save your wallet and your password no one will be able to use your bitcoin or steal it, so it is good to share about your saving and your wallet private key with anyone of your family member, so that in case of any emergency or if you will die your life long saving will not go wasted, and your family will use it for them in future.
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:52:25 PM

As far as I know nothing will happen to your crypto it will remain as it is, not unless you permit someone closes to you know whom you trusted the most to your keys or can access to it if something happens to you.Crypto will remain as it is and has the chance to grow and bloomed it...no one and nothing can tamper , intrude to your wallet unless you permit to,
Yes, if we die then our crypto assets will remain in the blockchain and our heirs have nothing to do nor ask help from someone or other party for the claim if we don't give them our crypto password for all our account and if that will happen then unfortunately we are the lifetime holders in the crypto world.

Mujensirio

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:18:59 PM

it die with you
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:25:27 PM

that will happen with cryptocurrency when you die in my opinion your assets will be a treasure because that can only access yourself only but different if the assets you have you give to relatives or people you trust.
Then it's good to write a testament about bitcoin assets you have. So the bitcoin becomes a kind of inheritance that can be used to continue the life of the family we leave behind. This is of course very important so that the results of your hard work in cryptocurrency can be useful.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:30:22 PM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

Hi there runCRYPTOrun! I think you are the fourth use who have ask the same, but you have a detailed and layered question than theirs. Let us step back and see it in the traditional way. If someone have a bank account and that person die, the bank don't have prior information about that. On that time, relatives that knew the process and have been able to withdraw should do it quickly. If the bank got the information, it could still hold the account for a several months. Since banks are regulated, the money that is untouched could go directly to the government only if no one claim for it and no one is authorized or beneficiary of the accounts. In terms of bitcoin or cryptocurrency, since it is not regulated, I believe that the coins will remain on that account. But again, if the wallet provider knew that the account is not active and no way other people could access it. Thus, they could then claim it for their company.

Th3developer

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:37:48 PM

If the owner of the bitcoins dies without transferring the "private key" to the heirs, they risk never having access to their inheritance.
Daday23

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

There is a project that allows you to make a will and dispose of your crypto-currency assets. This is based on smart contracts. Smart contracts control the fulfillment of your will. So at the moment it's not a problem.
Yes you are right,if this kind of scenario happen your bitcoin is not steal by other and even your relative they cannot get it.
Xavierfr12

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:49:30 PM

When you die your crypto is no benefit. But if you are going to heritage in your family you can teach it early enough to learn more in crypto world. Your crypto is going continue in your family.
organelles

Activity: 350

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:14:44 PM

What happens to your crypto after you die is totally dependent on you, The decision is yours on whom to leave your crypto to, You could write a will with instructions on who will inherit your crypto, note your private keys and keep them safely  in a safety deposit box only to be opened after you die, that way you will be certain on who will take over your investments when you are gone

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
extrimals

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:10:46 PM

Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.
The only way that you could secure your crypto is by using an off line wallet and make sure you have some back ups to the offline wallet incase you lost it.
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:17:25 PM

it's easy to give all your assets passwords to your child or family. because it can be a family heritage or we can donate to people who can not afford. like a poor man .
adjiku

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:29:49 PM

I think all securing crypto if there is something we do not want to happen simple solution we backup our data to offline,
inform the heirs about this, hopefully later our heirs can continue this
chromosomes

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:53:21 PM

Some like:
* death... obviously

We are all thinking about that matter for a very long time and I hope someone would step up and make a way to ensure that all of the hardworks we exerted to earn such high amount of bitcoin wouldn't go nonsense all of a sudden. In my case, I already told my mother the way he can access my wallet so if ever something bad happens to me, they get to inherit all my earnings.

center]DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  [/center]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: