Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die?  (Read 2975 times)
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:05:38 PM

I think there are many ways  to keep things for future purpose, you should have someone so close to you that knows where you keep your things even if they don't know about crypto....So, you should share the password with at least one  person.
The best thing to do is make sure that you put it in a safe place where you believe that your family may be able to access it when you eventually die. Else you would be investing for nothing at all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MiguelCryptoss

Activity: 244
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 11:11:54 PM

In my own opinion, this depend on individual relationship between his/her nucleus and extended family in regards to information storage. It's not bad to leak out your password to your close family member either as a brother, sister, wife, husband, mother, father so that when death come one's cryptocurrencies can be save for family use. Just my own opinion mate.
Chooroz

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:18:18 PM

as far as only you know the key to your wallet your crypto cannot be open anymore, in any word, your crypto will die too
Well if your family knows how to open your wallet or when your family knows all of your info in your crypto i am sure that your crypto will be in good hands with your family and i know that your family will used your crypto for a good purposes.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:25:30 PM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.
If you have a bitcoin in your wallet and you died but no one knows what is your private keys to your wallet then literally your bitcoin will stuck their forever and no one can access it. So if I were on you just share you keys to limited persons who are trustworthy.

masonmason

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:27:51 PM

The last month has shown how much the mood of market participants depends on the reliability and security of their savings.there is nothing to worry. Until then they will be serene and peace of mind.
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:02:39 AM

Obviously if you die your digital money will die also, if there is no other person has knowledge about your crypto wallet, maybe you need to give some information to someone you are trusting like your mom, child, or a like.

faycel96

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:25:46 AM

When you die, your cryptocurrencies stay at your wallet, so if you give your private key to person , he will be the owner of this wallet .

gvnsrbtc

Activity: 523
Merit: 285

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:29:49 AM

If you die with your secret key stored in privacy where no one can get them then in your wallet is where they will remain, no one touches them ever, they literally die with you, however, your cryptos can be passed down to your kids i you so wish, Open a safety deposit box  and write a will that it be opened only when you are dead, in it  write down the details and instructions to whom you want the coins to go to, this way your coins are passed on to someone
arjen18

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

When you die your cryptocurrency token will remains in your wallet but if there someone part of your family using also or know also the crypto they can get your account
yourialfa

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:21:21 PM

Because you can control your own wallet. So nothing will happen to the crypto. Preferably before you die, you first tell your family about the private key to access into your wallet. Then it will not be a waste. because if you die but no one can access your wallet then it will be in vain and better you give access to your family. That's all I think.
yvuj101

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:30:27 PM

Your bring your coins with you if you do not leave your private keys to some one open or in question mode how mosaic

I  let my wife or husband or kids knows my private key when I'm still on sickness or wrote in a piece of paper  to let them take in place in behalf of my absence or they can used my coins in preparing of my grave.
Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:36:01 PM

Your bring your coins with you if you do not leave your private keys to some one open or in question mode how mosaic

We dont know when we will die if our dying period is on tragedies or accident all those coins are gone.
Christian_k

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:52:38 PM

A silly question it is but a good one too, well no can predict the day of their death but the only thing we can do is to make sure that our money is secured and always have a back up
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

Depends on you when you were still alive, if you gave or shared your wallet`s password or private key to someone, then they could use your crypto when you die. But if not, then it would stock on your wallet or perish at the future. Better donate your money already when you feel like dying, there are many people who are needy.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:26:59 PM

It is alway in the network system until the system down even you die. You can pass it to your wife or kids by sharing private keys or cold wallets. If not, it will stay forever in the system.
Leomarco

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

If you die your crypto will still stay in your wallet. If you dont give the backup with your family then your coins will not be sold unless your wallet is hacked. So my suggestion is give your backup to your wife or husband or people who are very close and you trust.

arjen18

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:32:11 PM

I dont think so that bitcoin will die.., many people now is involving in crypto world, thats why its hard to think that bitcoin wilL die.. But if that happen in the future i guesS many of ur is a millionaire at that time.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:03:08 PM

If you have a tension of coin after your death.So first you have to explain to some family members about Bitcoin.If your family member does not understand Bitcoin then how do they withdraw money from Bitcoin Wallet? It has to be explained so that the money you invested can reach your family.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Genosx

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

I think the investment will still possessed in your name and no one should claim it unless there is a stipulations that governs the ownership of that securities which have been abandoned by the decedent.
ishinn99

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:14:48 PM

If you have a tension of coin after your death.So first you have to explain to some family members about Bitcoin.If your family member does not understand Bitcoin then how do they withdraw money from Bitcoin Wallet? It has to be explained so that the money you invested can reach your family.

You are right, but how can we be sure that the family members will spend time knowing all our investments if we just gave them some info about it? I think giving a step by step notes will gonna help them in the future if they are really willing to get our investments or if they will believe us.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: