Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die?  (Read 2973 times)
S.R Rikto

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:30:59 AM

I think if you have some time your borrowing costs become great, but it will be available to your family if you keep all your wallet information well or you can make money on their method but you can tell them to be able to work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ordeath

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:19:11 AM

I think it is just like Regular money that you would give to your children and grandchildren. So you need to give them an access before you die, or provide it somehow, that they will get an information after.
elachious123

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:54:26 PM

Smile Roll Eyes, Death is inevitable, when you die Crypto continue to live.. The rules now is let your wife, husband , brothers or sister know your password or details of your crypto investment so that your investment won't be lost in case of emergency death.
olites

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:10:32 PM

It is very funny but very important question. If you die your cryptocurrency will be on your wallet.You need give it's private key to your trusted person before die.
Ad Baculum

Activity: 175
Merit: 23

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:12:39 PM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

Being decentralised will bring pros and cons and this is one of the cons. It's hard to formulate a efficient solution for this as a community. People here can only secure their account if any accident happened to them by personally letting those he trusts know his account beforehand.

Marvelio

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:14:58 PM

Of course you already have inheritors to be inherited if you experience undesirable. tell the person how to use it and save it. if the person is definitely you choose to be inherited your coin then you have given good thing and make progress in every thing life.
SakaZasur

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:20:46 PM

I fully agree with you, because if you think about it well, there are great chances of high incomes, which can not but rejoice.
Zhagedu

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 05:25:07 PM

Whenever individual refuse to disclose his/her password to his/her family members when death come his/her Crypto wallet will be gone forever, but when he/she disclose the password the entire family take over after death might have claim that individual life. This must be done with trusted members of the family and not thieves from the family.
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

If you die without giving your wallet key then the bitcoin you have will be locked forever. Perhaps the best way to avoid it is to share personal keys with family.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
harunhabib

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:56:22 PM

Perhaps it depends when you get away from guidance, passwords, mail bank account facts, within a will probably, confidence, or maybe having a spouse and children, guaranteed it is feasible. In any other case, subsequently it is much like when you shed ones non-public critical, it truly is absent. I exploit encrypted surpass records having every little thing ended up saving with code covered thumbs hard drives, having spouse and children, in addition to a couple added people around my possession. Tend not to get away from within a traditional bank first deposit pack.
kennyle167

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:59:12 PM

It is better to have a backup of private keys in a hardware wallet and it should be stored in a secured place.Since this life is full of insecurity.It is better to give details about our passwords to our loved ones.These must be the best options as many early bitcoiners have left their bitcoins useless forever after their death.We better inform our family members on how to access our accounts in case of emergency.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:26:53 PM

Whenever individual refuse to disclose his/her password to his/her family members when death come his/her Crypto wallet will be gone forever, but when he/she disclose the password the entire family take over after death might have claim that individual life. This must be done with trusted members of the family and not thieves from the family.
Although we are already die here on earth, for sure that cryptocurrency will still stay here in the world, so we need to have at least some bitcoin in our wallet so that we can enjoy the benefit of it before we die on this planet, don't let yourself to just grow old without having any insurances in the future.
Bong11

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:43:43 PM

..when you die,it is not the end of your crpto world,you can pass your crypto/coins/altcoins/Bitcoins to your siblings and love ones..make sure that you have a backup of your crypto assets so that when time comes,,a bad things happen to you and no one was expecting it, which is not suppose to happen,,your love ones will going to have a key on how to access your accounts..
Marjo04

Activity: 408
Merit: 100

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:52:05 PM

If you die and u still keep your private key secretly and not give to your family it will die with you as well.so share it also to you love ones whom you trust.i share mine to my love one.because i trust him.

cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:32:15 PM

It is not necessary to think about death but it is right to be prepared for this always. I think that nothing good will happen to crypto if you don't think about this beforehand and not either inform the relatives about the details how to use btc

Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:37:44 PM

Your bring your coins with you if you do not leave your private keys to some one open or in question mode how mosaic

Same also die if you did a sharing attitude before your dying period maybe your relatives can used it for your burial expenses let's not forget that we are here to help.
Mathieu86

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:42:14 PM

Interesting post Wink
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:45:03 PM

The question is not stupid at all, many people don't think about such a problem, but it's actually a serious thing. You should instruct your wife and/or sons about how to get back the coins and how to use an exchange.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:49:47 PM

Yes, our bitcoin will be worthless when we die if no one knows our password in our wallet . Thats why we all have one trusted person where we can share it so that when it comes to our life, our bitcoin will be useful and helpful as the same time for that person.

rob143

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:54:16 PM

Nothing, your  crypto will remain on your wallet until someone access to it and takes them out of there /spend them, that is the only way that they can be moved from your wallet once that you die.
Maybe, giving out your PV might be the best option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: