Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:28:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are the cryptocurrencies crashing today?  (Read 137 times)
emmagloor (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 03:45:01 PM

Why are the cryptocurrencies crashing today?
Voco Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 04:12:22 PM

Cryptocurrency markets are pretty volatile - even more than most of the traditional markets you see - and for a few reasons.

Cryptocurrencies are affected by market trends and happenings just like stocks. During the recent past, there were some events which made the price of the cryptocurrencies go down. Ripple prices, for instance, plunged when a New York Times articles stated that the company didn't have as many businesses as it claimed.

Among the mentionable ones are China’s ban on ICOs, JP Morgan calling Bitcoin a fraud and Bitcoin cash fork.

In such events, people panic sell their cryptocurrencies making the prices go down. But just like stocks, the market stabilizes after a time.

yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:15:25 PM

Because BTC is and has been gaining momentum for the past couple of months and that slowly has been the "crashing" of alts. I hardly would call this crashing though, a crash would be much more severe of a nosedive.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
sana gull

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:09:45 PM

Because BTC is and has been gaining momentum for the past couple of months and that slowly has been the "crashing" of alts. I hardly would call this crashing though, a crash would be much more severe of a nosedive.
That is true that when bitcoin price start increasing, people convert their investment from other crypto currencies into bitcoin, and that is the reason that when bitcoin price start increasing othe crypto currencies start decreasing their price, but still there are so many altcoins who have good potential and their price is also increasing from time to time, even if the bitcoin price is increasing too much.
HostC

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:15:43 PM

I believe mostly related to MTgox selling lots of bitcoins and causing fear that he may sell more (which you can best rest assured he will not, as the next court appointment is at the end of the year). Also, there's a meeting in the US I believe Wednesday, where they will discuss Exchange regulation and ICOs.
Fredyink

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:45:36 PM

I believe mostly related to MTgox selling lots of bitcoins and causing fear that he may sell more (which you can best rest assured he will not, as the next court appointment is at the end of the year). Also, there's a meeting in the US I believe Wednesday, where they will discuss Exchange regulation and ICOs.

It could be, but there are lots of things that are shaping Bitcoins price.
And this time of the year is usually the bear market or value drop.
littlebill16

Activity: 160
Merit: 12

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:12:34 PM

Mt gox bitcoin being dumped on the market by the trustee.
SEC ruling on crypto
Japan closing exchanges until their security improves
FUD

The last one is the biggest one, and the first part of it more so than anything else. FEAR

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:21:24 PM

we are still in the correction season, no need to  panice ,the downward movement  of the  coins will continue till the end  of  march,by he 2nd  quarter  there  should be an upward  movement, now is the best time to accumulate.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:28:33 PM

The price of cryptocurrencies is dropping, not just because of the Mt. Gox dump or other FUD, but because investors are waiting for the outcome of the G20 cryptocurrencies discussion next week. Governments will come with worldwide regulations and that could mean taxed transactions, but even worse, cryptocurrencies would be centralized. Not what we're waiting for.

Suharti12

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:33:09 PM

Until now we can see that the price of coin has not really been stable and rising, but we can benefit by buying it at a cheap price like today.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:43:43 PM

It could be, but there are lots of things that are shaping Bitcoins price.
And this time of the year is usually the bear market or value drop.
The market is in a downward trend to adjust before the stronger growth in the mid-year. Bitcoin can be very profoundly reduced so that many new investors can enter the market and that is the motivation for other altcoin to grow stronger.

Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:08:55 PM

News have been spreading that some bitcoin whales have been manipulating the price since the start of 2018, thus the reason for the sudden fall of prices. It is believed that these whales, who are group of people that keeps in touch with each other, have been accumulating their wealth since the fall off prices and are responsible for the huge market fluctuations.

Sudarmoon

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:15:01 PM

Everything becomes an opportunity and nothing gets worse in the moment, even though the price of cryptocurrency mostly goes down and this may be just a correction.
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:25:38 PM

Because simply this is how the market works ,there wont be always uptrend because the market needs to be corrected ,bears will always come when these bulls got tired of pushing the market up.You just need to know how the market works,so that you can easily adopt im every situation we are into,you could save your porfolio from crashing.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:26:08 PM

Why are the cryptocurrencies crashing today?

difficult to explain why bitcoin crashing the price instantly without any notice from the market because nobody can predict and can control what the exactly time and day when bitcoin goes dump and up the price.
don't panic after that crashing wait for few weeks and again the price goes uprise again, hoping the price expectation of all to reach again the target price at 20k usd and I believe hit this before 3rd quarter of this year.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:27:32 PM

this ~^

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: