Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I participate in an ICO?  (Read 620 times)
MyShield

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:48:29 AM

One important tip is to always read the whitepaper.  Details are important so take time to carefully go through the information of the ICO.  Do some background checking as well among your network and/or other ICO relevant sites.  Here's also a good article that helps you identify a scam ICO:  http://strategiccoin.com/3-ways-to-identify-an-ico-scam/

Good luck!
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santosummer

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:36:01 AM

you need to learn that ico on the media as faceboook, twitter, telegram ... to update the latest information about the ico and the bonus. join the telegram to chat and asked to probe investment approach. of course for eth is to be prepared before that!
crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:13:10 AM

It is easy to join to the ICO,firstly you need money to burn out and convert them to cryptocurrency,second you need to find a good ICO always do your research before investing,Third register on there ICO portal or token sales then get you address and deposit.Fourth Wait for months  and boom get your profit from ICO(if it is successful lo Smiley Smiley :)l)
fairy_fries

Activity: 357

CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST : Airdrop & Bounty Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 08:16:20 AM

You just have to choose which ICO you want to participate in. Make sure you study everything about it, and learn important details you needed to know before you jump into that. And once you're sure and confident about it, you can signup to their website and read all details on their ICO.
atithisha

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:01:14 AM

So you are interested in participating in a upcoming Initial Coin Offering (ICO) of a [Suspicious link removed]pany, most ICO is based on cryptocurrencies, usually either Ether or Bitcoin. There are various business models designed to make the tokens more valuable  with time. ICO is newly fund raising mechanisms. so Launch your ICO website easily!!!
Danstan

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:36:09 PM

First of all is you should join their telegram group so you can have update about the ICO and you can ask directly your questions to the manager.
wallstreetcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 02:06:31 PM

As I see, a lot of people have given you advice on how to find a good ICO so I'm not gonna go through that right now.
To participate in most ICOs (erc20 tokens) you need an Etherum Wallet and a Metamask Installed. Please look up how to use Metamask since I can't share links here.
schupp (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:05:30 PM

Thanks a lot to all of you! I joined the telegram group of the ICO I'm interested in and I'm spending al lot of time to get all the informations I need. I almost finished reading the whitepaper of the Cultural Coin ICO. And I also read here https://www.culturalplaces.com/agile-adaptive-and-ad-hoc-more-time-for-investors/ that Phase 2 of the ICO will be extended, so I have more time to make the best decision.
Cuma

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:22:19 PM

I would be extremely careful with ICOs right now because of the current environment.
wallstreetcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 11:45:58 PM

I personally have not done any research on this ICO, but before you invest on any ICO I would recommend that you go to ICOBench and look for the ICO that you want to invest in. Take a look at its rating and the rating of ICO experts. It is the easiest way to determine whether an ICO has potential or not, because the ICO experts that rate ICOs on ICOBench usually go into a deep research of the team, vision and product of the ICO. Other than that, you can also look for reviews on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and most importantly their ANN thread on Bitcointalk.
sophiaAG

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:16:08 AM

just a tip to always read and go through the whitepaper of an ICO.  there are so many scams out there and it's important for you to carefully go through the details, do a background check of the developers and seek wisdom from reliable sources and crowd.  before making a decision, stop and think twice first.
Tan_avia)vl.

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:36:37 PM

Looking for a project, open its site, study it, project team, prospects and ways of development. Based on the analysis of these criteria, you must decide whether or not you will participate.

rps_rado

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:09:46 PM

The 1st step is the most important: Do your own and most extensive research possible on the project you're contributing to!
schupp (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

I agree, research is in fact really important!

I personally have not done any research on this ICO, but before you invest on any ICO I would recommend that you go to ICOBench and look for the ICO that you want to invest in. Take a look at its rating and the rating of ICO experts. It is the easiest way to determine whether an ICO has potential or not, because the ICO experts that rate ICOs on ICOBench usually go into a deep research of the team, vision and product of the ICO. Other than that, you can also look for reviews on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and most importantly their ANN thread on Bitcointalk.
Thank you for you advice! I took a look at this site and found the rating for the Cultural Coin I'm interested in there. The ICO got a green rating there, which looks good to me. I like the site and how clearly arranged things are there, you can also find the Whitepaper there.

Here's a detailed analysis about ICO tendencies in 2018 and some suggestions about how to make ICOs great again! It's highly worth reading!
https://steemit.com/ico/@cryptohu/ico-tendencies-2018-how-to-make-decent-profit-from-the-changing-world-of-icos
Looks like interesting stuff!
wave06

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:46:09 PM

Transparency is one of those things which are really important to me. I want to get the feeling that the company openly shares their info and that their website is well structured and provides all the most important information. I also try to find the team members on Linkedin and check their profiles. For questions you have the cultural places telegram chat is probably best. And definitely check out these independent review websites and make sure you understand the criteria they are reviewing with. When will your project hit the exchanges?
CryptoHunters

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 08:07:32 PM

About the "how to", that's in general quite easy, moreover if you already have some crypto in your wallets.
Almost all the ICOs accept BTC and ETH. If you own other altcoins, you can convert them on exchanges, or using a service like changelly. Actually, even the conversion from fiat is not that different.
Not sure I'm allowed to post a link (so I won't), but I have a youtube channel (CryptoHunters ICO) where I collected many useful videos about this topic.

The real issue is anyway about the "which  one". My suggestion is always the same in this case.
Only invest an amount of money you can "comfortably" afford to lose and if you can, do not put your money on just one ICO. The risk of losing your investment is lower if you spread it across several projects.

There are also strategies about how to select the best ICOs. It also depends on your expected ROI and/or investment timeframe.
CookieGums

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:42:15 AM

I am an absolute beginner in investing in Bitcoin and alternative Coins, but I found an ICO that sounds interesting for me. It's about the Cultural Coin, I guess one of the first cryptocurrencies here in Austria: https://www.culturalplaces.com

There are only 4 days left for Phase 1 of the ICO and I'm interested in participating. Do you have any advice and tips for me?
there are some of instruction every ICO you want to participate. you must look for there ann thread and read about investing. you can also access their website where all of the information you want to know is on it.

zc133012

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:48:26 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

I hate ico,it makes me sad when i lose my money
Get_Rich

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:29:16 PM

If you want to participate in ICO,
- first must open ICO first
- Secondly, Must choose bounty campaign as you wish.
- Third, How to fill in the form already provided by the company
Tribizz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:50:20 PM

You would first need to buy some cryptocurrencies to participate in an ICO if only you don't have some.cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ether.  The best way to purchase significant amounts of Bitcoin is through online exchanges. Transfer money from your bank account to your newly created account with a cryptocurrency exchange.Transfer your Coins from the Exchange to a Blockchain Wallet you Control. Then go to 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: