Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for scammers  (Read 426 times)
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:23:34 AM

There are so many airdrops today that are unregulated and prone to scams. So let us not fall into their trap with too good to be true projects which they collect some personal data and some  private key on our wallets. So let's beware of these suspicious airdrops when they ask you some KYCrequirement, token donations and private key .
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:50:48 AM

How they can steal your private key through your eth address? Is that possible? 'cause I'm wondering 'cause actually those emails from airdrop is just a normal email which is its impossible to hack our private key.   unless if you used your private key to login on their sites then you verify it through the email from airdrop.  Hmmp
Alfred V

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:56:33 AM

this is where anti malware programs should be working for you. I work in the tech industry and yes while it’s easy to make a script to look for a certain file from your hardrive, retrieving it is a bit of a stretch unless you were baited to another form that allowed the program to send the information back. I hope this serve as a lesson for everyone, the development of softwares to protect you from these kinds of attacks are there for a reason.

Nonetheless owning a cold wallet is always a great layer of security. There is no such thing as “Overly secured” especially ehen it’ thousands or millions worth of money is what you are talking about.

Be careful out there folks— 1. Never joins something that guarantees and are always to good to be true and 2. Always be secured.

KitToken                       
                                     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔                                     
▔  Whitepaper  │ TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium │  Announce  ▔
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:42:57 AM

Thanks for the warning. It's really hard to join some airdrops now a days, most of them are just scam. This should be a good lesson for us to not trust in most airdrops.
Darkstare

Activity: 59
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:49:25 AM

Thanks for your warn,  we might be careful now. And it's true,  many of the airdrop is scam or it has no value. And i think this the lesson to be more careful and your personal information become more secure.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:55:03 AM

I have been receiving many mails in my spam box which look suspicious to me I discovered that those emails are from some airdrops I applied for sending a link to me telling me to claim my tokens I never care to read those mails I ensured that I delete them immediately.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:56:31 AM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .
Airdrops wont get your private keys,normally they will just require you to fill up some form with your bitcontalk account,wallet address and optional with email addresses you can use dummy email address so that you wont receive phishing emails from these people,do not waste your time with these stupid airdrops instead join bounty programs.
it wasnt airdrops whos OP stealing money,it was the people behind those airdrops that requires you to out email address,but your right airdrops are sucks,they are created by damn people whos involve in many shady activities here.people who loves to get from others than providing their own.this people must put behind bars
Psalms236

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:18:33 AM

This is a good reminders for all the participants joining in any kind of campaigns.  Everyone should be aware or must be watchful for scammers as we all know that scammers are really existing and they are real. Be wise, and make every  every effort to  identify those scammers.  Being a victim of scammers is very disgusting  and  very  frustrating so folks  watch  out for scammers.

Astorgame.com | eSports & Gambling | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus (http://Astorgame.com)
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:27:02 AM

Wow, this is a new way to steal our tokens. I think I will get enough attention.
Thank you for sharing.

rosalyn07

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:40:55 AM

There's a lot of Airdrop Form i've seen that are asking for private key but it's nothing to me i will continue join their airdrop, instead i put my private key in the form, i just put my ETH address.
And there are also Airdrop that asking for donation. Their rules are (If you will not donate 0.1 ETH you will not received your tokens) be aware from that brother that's obviously a scam.
jundel

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:45:03 AM

I thank you for the information and let us be aware. This is just means that hackers could be also a campaign manager or even project producer and just fool us. what will happen in our crypto-world if investors will be afraid to invest at crypto. we should increase security in all aspect of crypto community.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MAINCOIN MONEY DIGITAL COIN NEW GENERATIONWHITEPAPER[ANN][ICO]MAINCOINTELEGRAMDIGITAL COIN
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jundy020

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:49:28 AM

Never used airdrop and never ever gonna use it by means of cryptocurrency because of this, scammers are really anywhere but I will not risk my coins to be scammed by those group of scammers. Thanks for the information.
gwapo.zylle

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:50:11 AM

We need to know in every step we will do because scammers are all over the world. They will just hit if their is an opportunity. They can easily gather informations and if we are talking about money they will just come up without hesitation. We need to be careful to trust someone because we might even don't know what are they going to do with us.
Cmoh

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:54:46 AM

I also have the same thinking of many scammers that can inject Malware and spyware to your computer some of the unsafe links by sending you an e-mail. But, can't understand how they do it only by clicking the links. If somebody has the details idea then post here the remedies we should take.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:00:46 AM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .

Exactly the main problem of Airdrops now
IMO, tons of Airdrops now are actually sketchy and scammy.

They would mostly first ask for Public address
Then tells you to login to claim your tokens and etc.
Then people end up going to the fake site

My suggestion here is to install MetaCert - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptonite-by-metacert/keghdcpemohlojlglbiegihkljkgnige?hl=en
If you are not a person that are cautious and protective, this might be a good tool to protect you Smiley

Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:03:41 AM

this is where anti malware programs should be working for you. I work in the tech industry and yes while it’s easy to make a script to look for a certain file from your hardrive, retrieving it is a bit of a stretch unless you were baited to another form that allowed the program to send the information back. I hope this serve as a lesson for everyone, the development of softwares to protect you from these kinds of attacks are there for a reason.

Nonetheless owning a cold wallet is always a great layer of security. There is no such thing as “Overly secured” especially ehen it’ thousands or millions worth of money is what you are talking about.

Be careful out there folks— 1. Never joins something that guarantees and are always to good to be true and 2. Always be secured.
Very useful advice. I know several people who recommended the same stuff that you advised which helped me out. So many people jump into the crypto world head first without thinking too much and focusing on quick profits who are targeted by hackers and scammers for easy money. Such investors conclude that this is mainly the problem with the crypto market itself and begin spreading FUD like crazy which shows how naive they truly are. For example, some people were spreading FUD recently saying that Binance was hacked while the truth was a trading bot was hacked. Be smart people.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:04:35 AM

I  always try to be careful when I sign up for airdrops, and usually use those better browsers like Firefox instead of Chrome so that the scammers can't get any of my info from backend autofill forms, which might be what you're talking about. Thanks for the heads up!
BTCerm

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:20:40 AM

There are fake wallets out there that steal your coins. When a coin forks or a new coin comes out and people are confused, it isn’t uncommon to see fake wallets pop up. Make sure to use wallets officially endorsed by the entity or community behind the coin. If you are unsure, do more research. Following random online instructions can be a really bad move.
pitchi (OP)

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:36:02 PM

Exactly the main problem of Airdrops now
IMO, tons of Airdrops now are actually sketchy and scammy.

They would mostly first ask for Public address
Then tells you to login to claim your tokens and etc.
Then people end up going to the fake site

My suggestion here is to install MetaCert - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptonite-by-metacert/keghdcpemohlojlglbiegihkljkgnige?hl=en
If you are not a person that are cautious and protective, this might be a good tool to protect you Smiley

thank you very much sir
jomvill

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:43:36 AM

be alert and prepare for many scammers are now spread around us to keep safety our things being careful that items or files to not waste our hard
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: