Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for scammers  (Read 422 times)
sammys

Activity: 1111
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:44:54 AM

If there are 100 airdrop 60-70 of them try to steal your funds bro. I use my rpi for airdrops mail and I'm relax with that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sireseh

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:08:03 AM

we all know that scamers are everywhere, they have many ways of doing scam. we must always be careful in choosing airdrop to avoid things that are not desirable. so we should always be careful in maintaining the safety of our wallets ..

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:20:26 AM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .

I have no problem with most airdrops, but I won't send payment to cover cost of delivery.

Also, do not open sketchy emails on your PC that has your crypto coins.  Do that on an old phone or something.  Better yet do it on a windows phone.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:27:21 AM

Honestly, the scammers are everywhere especially in the field of cryptocurrencies, so everyone should be wary of them, As well, I see that  many have been robbed by those scammers, because simply, they do not have much knowledge in the field that  they use ,  and unfortunately there are many idiots,  and everyone must learn how to protect himself before entering into the area of crypto.

On the other hand, the private key in "Myetherwallet" is a personal protection, and it is certain that  we should not give it to anyone. Otherwise, the airdrop is the easiest way to trick many people,  and the  greed is  prevalent in many of them, because  they want to make money in an easy way.

Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:58:32 PM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .

that is why don't click any links from them because they are injecting worms and viruses in order they could penetrate your computer and they could get whatever they want.
I never joined even a single airdrops because I knew that they're not worth of my time and efforts because last year I have no good experiences on joining Airdrops because most of them are just plain useless and scams.

Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:02:30 PM

Honestly, the scammers are everywhere especially in the field of cryptocurrencies, so everyone should be wary of them, As well, I see that  many have been robbed by those scammers, because simply, they do not have much knowledge in the field that  they use ,  and unfortunately there are many idiots,  and everyone must learn how to protect himself before entering into the area of crypto.

On the other hand, the private key in "Myetherwallet" is a personal protection, and it is certain that  we should not give it to anyone. Otherwise, the airdrop is the easiest way to trick many people,  and the  greed is  prevalent in many of them, because  they want to make money in an easy way.

This is the fact evidence that blockchain technology and Cryptocurrencies are hack proof and the only way they could get something worth out of Crypto is to send malicious stuff to the users and holders that will trigger and giving them green light to penetrate their victim's computer and get private keys and other confidential stuff from your computer.
If they got your private key then  they could get every coin in your wallet and you'll wakeup the next day seeing empty wallet.
so, better stop joining Airdrops and focus on something else, that is joining bounty campaigns will offer you higher chance of getting new altcoins that will soon offer you good fortune.

Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:09:48 PM

That's very bad, just by sending an email they can steal our Privat key ..Always be vigilant, and thank you for the info you provide.This helps a lot of people

cryptomorphines

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:13:41 PM

You shouldnt be joing airdrops,or giving your main email addresses because these people will only going to send a lot of phishing emails and will try to steal your private keys that is why we shouldnt be using our email addresses if we are joining these airdrops,use some dummy email accounts so that you will be safe from these spam emails.
MarlonDamon

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:21:45 PM

Thanks for the information

Next time I will watch the scams.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:39:17 AM

Thanks for sharing this case, i joined airdrop only from legit project. I prefer to join bounty program and spend times for trading. Airdrop is small reward and sometime waste times to handle it when sell the token in exchange. For the better more focus on bounty and altcoin trading.
Tishry201

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:54:56 AM

You are absolutely on point. I observed most of shit airdrops out there are just their to collect people’s information and keep spamming emails after getting the information. Bunch of scammers, no doubt
sneakycoin

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:04:13 AM

As they say there's no such thing as a free lunch. Thanks for the info. I'll keep it on mind
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:53:27 PM

Airdops cannot steal your private key because airdrop only got your ETH address during the survey or the form that you are going to fillup and submitted to thier site. The reason why we are scam its because we give directly our private and personal information and also wen we are  applying on airdrops.

But thank you for this information this is a big help for us.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:57:06 PM

Thanks for the warning. I dont join airdrops by the way they are just a waste of time. Aside from they don pay, they will take thousands of participants so get only very few valueless tokens. Will reauire you also to,perform tasks whis is a waste of time also. Better bounty than airdrops.

Alexishugh7

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:59:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up, but I personally think it is unwise to store your private keys eletronically. Quite risky. Put it on a sheet of paper, with that it can never be hacked.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:56:00 AM

Good post, to add to what you have sais, everyone should let it be your part of core not to click on untrusted links, that is how people are being hacked of private keys.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:08:30 PM

At this point I would not advise anyone to participate in any kind of airdrops because almost all of them are scammers that are looking for a way to steal your coins by asking you to paste your private keys to log into your wallets in order to earn the coins from the airdrops. DON'T DO IT. Stay away from airdrops and if you need to earn some free tokens then do bounty and signature campaigns.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
sky9314

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:11:44 PM

There are some phishing sites, they imitate etherdelta, but they have subtle differences, maybe etherdelta2.com, or etherdelte.com, so when you have to open your eyes.
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:54:18 PM

It's ok to join any bounty campaigns or airdrops available on this forum but never give your private keys for you not to be scammed.
Open MyEtherWallet on your browser and hit bookmark in order not to open phishing sites in the future.
That will prevent you on losing your crypto assets because you are the owner of your wallet and you are only the responsible on taking care of it.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:56:53 PM

There are some phishing sites, they imitate etherdelta, but they have subtle differences, maybe etherdelta2.com, or etherdelte.com, so when you have to open your eyes.

EtherDelta isn't safe this year due to many attacks on their servers and even on their DNS that you'll then redirected on their clone phishing website in order to get your keys.
Phishing is one of their main attack because blockchain servers are 99% attack proof so their only way to get money is to attack crypto holders remotely.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: