Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:34:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ICOs and how to choose a proper one?  (Read 1695 times)
doughnut (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:03:45 PM

ICOs whose services are needed by the community, not for promoting popularity or the like. The vision of the mission obviously wants to fix economic problems or environmental problems and it must be revealed clearly. That's more interesting to me.
But it does not guarantee the ICO will end a success. Everyone thinks differently. But the vision and mission of the project is very important to the participants of the campaign, and from here we can analyze the quality and future of the project will be good or not.

Thanks for the answer. Yeah I know, there is no guarantee that it will have success....there newer is. The vision and ideas of culturalplaces.com for example look very interesting to me and it could be a success I think. Its a project which I think, could involve a lot of people and create a nice platform...
Adalwolf

Activity: 239
Merit: 4

AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:11:39 PM

What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Would you choose this one or what are your most important ICO criteria?
Thanks Wink
I myself liked the ICO with the theme of gambling and gaming. both ICO I always support. because I believe the ICO will succeed and reach the target quickly. this can be seen from the level of interest in such ICO began to increase.

Autobay.io   │  The First Decentralized E-commerce platform Buy Sell Cars
JOIN TOKEN SALE    ►   1 OCTOBER 2018   ◄
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:13:36 PM

i prefer to evaluate them on some form of the following. Note to newbies: also always be careful to follow instructions clearly, including whether they accept btc or just eth, and not to send eth/btc from an exchange etc.

Hype:
twitter users
reddit posts
telegram members
discord members
responsiveness/truthfulness of moderators in these channels

Fundamentals:   
Availability of MVP
Team strength (number of experts in the field; linkedin profiles)   
Whitepaper originality/technicality/clarity   
Independent reviews   
Partnerships with corporates/academia   
Use-case strength   
Clarity of roadmap

Others:   
Existing Competition (other coins in the same space? how established are they)   
Regulation Risk (does it have security characteristics?)   
Hardcap (is it asking for too much money for its use case?)
Share of tokens distributed (are the founders/team keeping too much for themselves, escrow?)
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:14:07 PM

My opinion in choosing an ICO you always find the best company that offers unique and revolutionary project. This way your investments will not go to waste thus it will grow that's how I think it works. Nowadays, legitimate ICOs are mixed with many scams so always be alert.
satashi

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:31:15 PM

If you are still new to this and would like to invest or join new ICO, you should study first how good the ICO is. You should be knowledgeable enough to for you to determine which is legit and which is a scam. You should identify first what are the main objectives of a certain ICO, are they promising or not? You should probably read a lot for you to evaluate each and every ICO. But for now, if you have no time yet to do certain evaluation, I would like to recommend this new ICO named PLENTIX. If you want to know more about it, visit https://medium.com/@plentix.aprilvalmeo/a-new-ico-that-innovates-referral-programs-with-blockchain-technology-c4e667e6442
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:36:14 PM

What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Thanks Wink
Hi, based on what I know, you had to start with reading the white paper.The white paper is one of your first impressions to the world of serious investors.
A well-written white paper requires time and commitment and can show how serious teams are about the project. It’s not as simple as having a good idea — you should know why project team are going to be able to build it out better than anyone else can.
Agathai

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:42:53 PM

I do not have much experience to analyze and choose ico. But with recent discoveries, I realized that looking at practical ideas from gadgets, white papers, total <500m supply and value tokens. if managed by management team or bonus management organization. That has attracted a huge investment community. I think these are promising and worthwhile investments.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:56:31 PM

Nowadays, its really difficult to know a good ICO cause lately because scammers are using this means to dupe a lot of people. Normally, the usually good ways to know is to make research about the developers, check them out on LinkedIn, read their whitepapers and see if the project interests you. But now, I suggest you should just go to coinmarketcap and choose the cheap top coins there to invest.
doughnut (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

A good way to choose a good ICO is to find out if the ICO project has open source code.
Because a good project will generally open source code, open source code can judge the good and bad of this project.

Ah ok, thanks. I will check this out. But as a non-professional-programmer I dont know if I could go through the code and understand everything. I do have some coding experience but actually have no time to do that. But anyways...thanks Wink
doughnut (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:34:53 PM

Wow, thanks to everybody for so many answers....didnt expect such a discussion and so many infos. I have done the most important "homework" and went through the whitepaper of culturalplaces.com and honestly, it looks very professional and a great idea for me. I obviously would not invest anything into a new project without going through the whitepaper. The team is already made of 30 people and is a new startup in Austria, which already has also an App for it...so this is already a project which has a solid fundament. The thing is why I would choose this one, is because I am also a musician and have a lot of professional musician and artist as friends and know how hard it is for them to live just with the art and music they create...with this platform it would be much easier to have gigs, or make a crowd-funding for anythinig they want....but everything based on the upcoming cultural coin. I would be my first ICO and I am really excited about it Smiley I dont know, but its a good feeling....you guys maybe know it very well? Wink
CoinJanitor

Activity: 300
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:40:46 PM

Unique idea, a great vision and an even better team. Thats how you pick a proper one.

▇ ▇ ▇▇────────CoinJanitor────────▇▇ ▇ ▇
Join the Janitor. Restoring Lost Value to Cryptocurrency.
https://www.coinjanitor.io/
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:48:50 AM

Thanks Wink

Well for me, I tend to always do the same thing whenever I see  new ICO. All I do is look at the main thread first, and then I look at the website in case there is already one. And then the traffic or the number of supporters it has and then take a slight look on their white paper. And when I happen to like more of what I see, I then go deeper into researching about the ICO and go ask more questions on the threads or personally send a private message to the developers for my questions and dig more into the white paper itself. and after I get satisfied, that is when I start investing.
Stereostar

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:29:19 AM

I have to laugh at most ICO buyers. When you buy a stock, you get an ownership share in the company. When you buy most ICO's, you get nothing other than the silly token. Why would someone invest in a company for nothing in exchange other than the two minutes it took them to copy/paste some code to make the token? You'd have to literally be a moron -- you're donating money so someone else can get rich.

There are so many ICOs out there with utility tokens, which bring you no (financial) reward. But security token is no option for most companies. Do you have anything in mind, which give users a reward when holding the token? Would be nice the hear about  Smiley Cool
katiepower

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:49:21 AM

I agree withal the methods, which were written above. Meanwhile, there are two major issues :
- does it fulfill any actual need
- does it have any prototype of the product or partnerships with core players in this industry

For example, ImmVRse has positive answers for these questions. It is blockchain VR video-sharing platform, which unites content producers, advertisers and viewers. It also has partnership with Kingston University London, which enables to conduct actual R&D.
raahi

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:26:47 PM

I think that the most important factor of an ico is to first judge its reliability, whether it is based on any superior coins and that way you may know that the valuation of that coin may be dependent upon any other value also check for security whether that coin is bounded by any ERC 20 smart contract to ensure reliability.
Procopiogamscrypto

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:34:56 PM

Thanks Wink
  Good ICO's comes from a good nature of company and a very experience team behind it,the product and services they offered must fit to a real need area with a positive solution. Probably a good bases in choosing a good ICO's.
leland orser

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

The good ICO project has an excellent team and a good team of consultants, which is quite important.
And good ICO projects tend to be open source, and you can look at their gtihub code base.

McDee

Activity: 532

A M E P A Y

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:01:15 PM

Sometimes I consult with my more experienced friends about where it is better to invest money. Sometimes I trust my intuition and invest in those projects that I liked.

Lhanofclover

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:09:54 PM

Sometimes I consult with my more experienced friends about where it is better to invest money. Sometimes I trust my intuition and invest in those projects that I liked.

I do this also, asking for my friends view about the project i saw then after making a conversation to them. I will make conclusion wether i'm going to invest or not. I think it's not bad to have the opinion of our friends but the last decision will up to us but choosing new ico is hard because sometimes even if they have a good whitepaper. Some of the company don't perform well in icos or after ico.
sultanali

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:06:07 PM

The best way to judge the initial coin offering is by judging the number of tokens the company is seeking to print. If the company is printing multiple billion coins then most probably after the ico each coin will not increase in value to an extreme amount averagely so look for coins with less number of coins printed.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: