Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:40:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ICOs and how to choose a proper one?  (Read 1695 times)
vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:29:07 PM

Cultural places is good ICO from Austria i believe.I was thinking to invest but this market at the moment is killing and giving us so much other cheap alts.This is great oportunity to buy cheap and already proven coins but there are nice ICOs there with great ratings
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:34:12 PM

In my own understanding the criteria to pick good ICOs are subjective but to me
1. It must be a novel idea
2. The token must have real utility and show potential growth and adoption in future
3. the quality of the team is very impotant if not the most important of the criteria
You are right!
Also can add - the market. Product has to conform to market, not late or early.

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
dedelp01

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:43:40 PM

Try looking at the discussions about the ICO before you go for it.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
hhussain

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:47:43 PM

It is hard to find a good initial coin offering even if you have analyzed the good ICOs in the market, this is due to the increasing supply of ICOs in the cryptocurrency world and with this increase is the simultaneous increase in the number of frauds so be careful because you can never be certain if an ICO is completely good.
wave06

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

Sometimes I consult with my more experienced friends about where it is better to invest money. Sometimes I trust my intuition and invest in those projects that I liked.

Great shout I think, couldn't agree more.

Wow, thanks to everybody for so many answers....didnt expect such a discussion and so many infos. I have done the most important "homework" and went through the whitepaper of culturalplaces.com and honestly, it looks very professional and a great idea for me. I obviously would not invest anything into a new project without going through the whitepaper. The team is already made of 30 people and is a new startup in Austria, which already has also an App for it...so this is already a project which has a solid fundament. The thing is why I would choose this one, is because I am also a musician and have a lot of professional musician and artist as friends and know how hard it is for them to live just with the art and music they create...with this platform it would be much easier to have gigs, or make a crowd-funding for anythinig they want....but everything based on the upcoming cultural coin. I would be my first ICO and I am really excited about it Smiley I dont know, but its a good feeling....you guys maybe know it very well? Wink

I think its essential that you do your research, which looks like you have. I've heard of the coin before but don't know anyone who has got more experience with it. I think its important to find a project you are passionate about like cultural places in your case! Team and whitepaper look good, maybe also a good idea to search for some other sites reviewing it?
kamalkk

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:51:20 PM

I must understand first the project before I invest on any ICO and to do this you have to make effort to know more about it. One thing is that, if the campaign manager is good most probably the project are also good because managers will not accept any shit ICO. A lot of things to be considered before you invest.
kaloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:29:08 PM

there are too many ICOs are running today so investors should spend more time to know everything related to those icos.
just like their websites, their team like devs and marketing staff, their road maps and most importantly is their social communities because I do believe that good ICOs have strong social community reputation like many active members, admin and moderators in their Telegram Channels and other medium.
for me, the best way to check ICOs reputation is through their social network communities.
kaloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:32:44 PM

While researching ICOs, I mainly focus on the following -
1. The team - their track record with previous ventures, linkedin profiles - a good mix of technology and business expertise is what I generally look for
2. The whitepaper.
3. What using the blockchain enables for the project and if a seperate token is required.
4. Activity on Github.
5. How the team engages the community on telegram, twitter, reddit, medium.

Also, this thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2552575.0 has a number of spreadsheets maintained by ICO researchers which rate upcoming ICOs on a number of parameters. I've found these to be a good starting point to filter out projects before diving into my own research.

You have a really good points on choosing better ICOs over the other.
But for me, I should take a closer look that point number 5 because I do believe that good ICOs have strong social networking communities especially on telegram channels because this is the most trusted and more reliable community channel as we speak.
Ive been on scam ICOs and that ICO have poor social community that's why I could say, that point number is the best option to check whether the ICO is official or fake.
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:34:23 PM

Now fewer and fewer companies enter the ico, everyone is waiting for the market to stabilize and we will see a trend reversal. I've also noticed that many companies are putting off the news releases! (this is my opinion)
Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:52:24 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 09:01:26 PM by Killrbit

well at the moment atleadt the ico market seems to be extremely saturated with with mostly mediocre projects at best and outright scams and frauds being the staple, though u do sometimes tend to find gems hidden in between. Law of averages state that most people however will end up bag holding a mediocre coin.

Yes most people will tell you to look at the idea, use case and so on but given the clutter in the ico market as well as the bear market tendencies rite now, the most important thing to look at is the team, behind the project. Research the management behind the team to see if they're legit (and are not just fake identities, sometimes even a simple Google search helps)

Point being that it's better to start of with a healthy dose of skepticism and caution, and if you find any redflags avoid it. Most often you can get a better deal after the post listing dump excpetional in the case of really hyped icos.
Also imperative to chc github.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:03:02 PM

I will tell you the main secret how to choose a good ICO nowadays - you need to join in most pools groups that gather money for private sales and join only those blockchain platforms that were collecting money outside of all pools and had a personal cap for ICO/presale participants.
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:08:01 PM

Every ICO has it own white paper, that we can read. Its one of the best thing to know if its a good one. You may alao look the likes of every ICO, it shows that a lot of people are visiting their site and gain the trust of those people out there. Smiley

You need to take a view at all the competing products in crypto and outside crypto space and that is a really ardous task to do. Is rarely worth the effort for small investments.
Lee Junseo

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:17:00 AM

I think,the vision and mission of the project is very important to the participants of the campaign, and from here we can analyze the quality and future of the project will be good or not. You need to be careful while investing in ICO. There is no regulatory body who can control ICOs so it's your duty to analyze and research an ICO properly before investing in it.
Winterizing

Activity: 312

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 02:56:51 PM

For me in choosing ICO to invest on I only check whether mission and vision is that good or not because I think it signifies the quality and the future of the coin itself in the market.

herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:00:06 PM

What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Would you choose this one or what are your most important ICO criteria?
Thanks Wink

People will give you the same answer, such as ideas ( concept ), road map ( development step ) and price ( product ). I think this is not the right time to buy coins from new ICOs, you should buy from ICOs project that already has history track record ( at least 2 year ). New ICO can't give you nothing they still on start line and don't have progress. Be careful to take coins as investment/ trade and I only suggest you buy eth only.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
doughnut (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:00:46 PM

While researching ICOs, I mainly focus on the following -
1. The team - their track record with previous ventures, linkedin profiles - a good mix of technology and business expertise is what I generally look for
2. The whitepaper.
3. What using the blockchain enables for the project and if a seperate token is required.
4. Activity on Github.
5. How the team engages the community on telegram, twitter, reddit, medium.

Also, this thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2552575.0 has a number of spreadsheets maintained by ICO researchers which rate upcoming ICOs on a number of parameters. I've found these to be a good starting point to filter out projects before diving into my own research.

Thanks for this detailed points to have in mind. The longer I am investigating the ICOs and knowing more and more about it, it seems to me that number one and 5 in your list is also very important. Especially number 5 - so the engagement in the social media - I wasnt considering that much important but in the end it is! I just look for this one ICO I am interested ( www.culturalplaces.com ) and the team spreads a confidence and they are very active in the social media. So I am quite sure, that this one will have success.
Just one question: where or how do you check the activity on Github?
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:03:03 PM

usually I am in choosing ico is by finding the concept that suits me. so i can understand it. if I do not understand the ico then I will only lose money

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
doughnut (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:08:32 PM

What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Thanks Wink

People will give you the same answer, such as ideas ( concept ), road map ( development step ) and price ( product ). I think this is not the right time to buy coins from new ICOs, you should buy from ICOs project that already has history track record ( at least 2 year ). New ICO can't give you nothing they still on start line and don't have progress. Be careful to take coins as investment/ trade and I only suggest you buy eth only.

I dont agree 100% with you. Maybe the ICO hype was 2 years ago but if there are good and novel project coming and have no real competitors on the market then, with a good team and a good project organization/management/etc the time to buy or participate is also now. Depends always on the project.
Linhkej

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

Thanks Wink
That is one of my criteria, I always appreciate the idea of ICO projects. It is an important foundation for evaluating the project in the future. A subtle project and a special idea will make it stand out from other projects. Projects that are different are worth the investment and must be a good and reputable team.
Amicorum.Live

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 03:18:57 PM

AMICORUM.LIVE PRE-SALE INTEREST

WE HAVE OVER 800 PEOPLE ON OUR WHITELIST.

OUR PRE-SALE WILL BE LIVE IN 5 DAYS AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW:

PRE-SALE FORM

LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL YOUR SUPPORT!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: