Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:17:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is still better than BTH?  (Read 170 times)
CryptoFisherman (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:07:04 PM

I read online that BTH is more faster and cheaper-fee than BTC, so why people are not migrating to BTH en mass?
I mean why Hodl BTC?? if there is an other so similar crypto but best-design...
thank

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marjoree

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:01:39 PM

I read online that BTH is more faster and cheaper-fee than BTC, so why people are not migrating to BTH en mass?
thank
Whenever there is a coin or crypto coins that are being compared to bitcoin, I always tried to look for its potential due to the fact that someone or some people really believe that it can beat bitcoin. Indeed, BTH is cheaper, but bitcoins transaction is only the overprice. As you can see, the price of bitcoin transaction is just fair and fine because of its value and some exchange deserves it. What did you really think that BTH is better than BTC? Do you really have enough information or a link that will show the different between the two? Just asking.

SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:25:11 PM

The correct ticker for BitcoinCash is BCH.

I think this "which is better" argument needs to come to a stop from all of us in the crypto community.

Instead of harping on the differences, which will be an ongoing and endless battle bcause those who are pro BCH will argue to the end of the world thant it's better than BTC and vice versa.

How about we all try something different, we embrace and accept the fact that okay... so we have a fork of Bitcoin, it can not be undone, it is what it is. BCH is here to stay,  Mama and Papa Blockchain hooked up and shagged, they made BCH... Papa Blockchain did a runner and said fck that shit...I didn't want the little b@stard, Mama Blockchain now raises it little BCH as a single mother...

Now I suggest that all of us that are on the Papa Blockchains train, come to terms with the fact that no matter what we say or do this is still our kid, we can deny it as much as we want but DNA results prove it (The Blockchain doesn't lie). So we need to suck it up and realize that with the "family" being split it is actually counterproductive, we have enough people out that would love nothing better than to see the death of crypto, we have enemies with deep pockets and unlimited resources. Divided we are weak, together we can stand strong.

If WE ALL just accept both coins and realize that we can use BCH for smaller transactions, like buying a cup of coffee and then use BTC for larger transactions like buying a car or house or whatever.  Adopt the same mentality we already have with different denominations of bank notes.. if you going to buy car for cash, it doesn't make sense to pay for a $1000 car with 1000 x $1 notes now does it?... instead 10 x $100 would be better. Does it mean that 1000 x $1 are worth less? No it just means for that transaction it made sense to use the $100 notes... then on the flip side of you happen to be in vegas, then right opposite the Aria hotel on the strip you will see a 99c beer sign outside one of the supermarkets. If you buying 1 beer doesn't really make sense to pay with $100 note does it? ... instead, you would use a $1 note.

Why can we not adopt the same mentality to BTC and BCH and just stop the hating for once and for all???

tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

I think this "which is better" argument needs to come to a stop from all of us in the crypto community.

Instead of harping on the differences, which will be an ongoing and endless battle bcause those who are pro BCH will argue to the end of the world thant it's better than BTC and vice versa.

How about we all try something different, we embrace and accept the fact that okay... so we have a fork of Bitcoin, it can not be undone, it is what it is. BCH is here to stay,  Mama and Papa Blockchain hooked up and shagged, they made BCH... Papa Blockchain did a runner and said fck that shit...I didn't want the little b@stard, Mama Blockchain now raises it little BCH as a single mother...

Now I suggest that all of us that are on the Papa Blockchains train, come to terms with the fact that no matter what we say or do this is still our kid, we can deny it as much as we want but DNA results prove it (The Blockchain doesn't lie). So we need to suck it up and realize that with the "family" being split it is actually counterproductive, we have enough people out that would love nothing better than to see the death of crypto, we have enemies with deep pockets and unlimited resources. Divided we are weak, together we can stand strong.

If WE ALL just accept both coins and realize that we can use BCH for smaller transactions, like buying a cup of coffee and then use BTC for larger transactions like buying a car or house or whatever.  Adopt the same mentality we already have with different denominations of bank notes.. if you going to buy car for cash, it doesn't make sense to pay for a $1000 car with 1000 x $1 notes now does it?... instead 10 x $100 would be better. Does it mean that 1000 x $1 are worth less? No it just means for that transaction it made sense to use the $100 notes... then on the flip side of you happen to be in vegas, then right opposite the Aria hotel on the strip you will see a 99c beer sign outside one of the supermarkets. If you buying 1 beer doesn't really make sense to pay with $100 note does it? ... instead, you would use a $1 note.

Why can we not adopt the same mentality to BTC and BCH and just stop the hating for once and for all???

I agree and disagree in parts. The divide and in-fighting between bitcoin and bitcoin cash is not healthy. However I more see it as a one way thing. I do not think that there would be any really adverse effects to the overall market if bitcoin cash failed, however if bitcoin fails (which is what Ver's attacks were trying to accomplish) then crypto as a whole would probably die a quick painful death.

kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:41:44 PM

BTC is always the first choice of investors and BTH will not be able to match BTC. BTC has won the trust of investors for a long time and that has built the reputation of bitcoin. BCT always has a good technology to serve multiple transactions at a time, BCH is impossible. That is why many people trust BTC more than BTH and BTC will never collapse. That is the best evidence to say that bitcoin is the number one.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
michaelmathew768

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:43:29 PM

I am newbie But i know BTC is best.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:49:07 PM

thank

Fees aren't currently much of a problem for bitcoin right now, as since the segwit upgrade they have been gradually falling. Recently there was a big boost in segwit adoption, meaning that the average fee is decreasing still. Nowadays it is quite possible to have a transaction confirm within a few minutes for just 20sats/byte, whereas it was hundreds around Christmas. Segwit has done enough for Bitcoin, and will allow implementation of the Lightning network, no need to switch to BCH (the probable scam coin).
abhishek273b

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:52:25 PM

Smiley I read online that BTH is more faster and cheaper-fee than BTC, so why people are not migrating to BTH en mass?
thank
  Smiley
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:54:35 PM

The biggest advantage of Bitcoin Cash were lower fees due to 8 times bigger blocksize. Bitcoin Cash transactions fees were lower than Bitcoin's for quite a long time but now thanks to the latest Electrum and Bitcoin Core updates SegWit adaptation surged. Transactions fees on Bitcoin are really cheap. It costs about 1 sat/b to get your transaction through after a few blocks. I think it is pretty safe to assume that currently Bitcoin Cash has not benefits over Bitcoin for now. Bitcoin is more valuable, supports SegWit and it looks like Lightning Network will also work very soon.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
5ensei

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:29:14 PM

What is BTH? If you mean bitcoincash then yes it will always be better. Not because of the technology, a lot of coins are better than bitcoin in that sense, even ethereum is better, but because it is the core coin that will be widely accepted by everyone in the future. Always stick to bitcoin, not the forks!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:29:29 PM

What is BTH? If you mean bitcoincash then yes it will always be better. Not because of the technology, a lot of coins are better than bitcoin in that sense, even ethereum is better, but because it is the core coin that will be widely accepted by everyone in the future. Always stick to bitcoin, not the forks!

And how is Ethereum better than Bitcoin? Are you aware that Ethereum was mostly designed for smartcontracts and tokens? Ethereum can't handle all the trafic when a huge ICO starts to send out their tokens. The same thing happened when CryptoKittens became extremely popular. Why do you think that Bitcoin Cash is better? It has nothing to offer for now - transaction fees for both BTC and BCH are now low. Bitcoin has SegWit and Lightning Network (WIP), Bitcoin Cash has 8 MB blocksize which will have to be increased in the future as soon as there is no space.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:39:27 PM

And how is Ethereum better than Bitcoin? Are you aware that Ethereum was mostly designed for smartcontracts and tokens? Ethereum can't handle all the trafic when a huge ICO starts to send out their tokens. The same thing happened when CryptoKittens became extremely popular. Why do you think that Bitcoin Cash is better? It has nothing to offer for now - transaction fees for both BTC and BCH are now low. Bitcoin has SegWit and Lightning Network (WIP), Bitcoin Cash has 8 MB blocksize which will have to be increased in the future as soon as there is no space.
Totally agree, I have always thought that the altcoins boasting how cheap the transactions are compared to bitcoin would be plagued with the same diseases that bitcoin is the moment they become remotely as popular as bitcoin is. They have cheap transactions because - compared to bitcoin - you can say very few people are using them!

crypto_mastermind219

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:58:03 PM

bitcoin is always better than any coin in online world. because, most of the coins depend on btc, without btc no coin can exchange with profit.BTC is the present and also future.
Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:33:03 PM

thank
I think that bitcoin currently remains in the first place due to the fact that it was developed first. By force of habit. On technology, he is much inferior to other coins. BTH is also not the most high-tech crypto currency, there are more promising coins.
tdrinker

Activity: 276

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:46:59 PM

Totally agree, I have always thought that the altcoins boasting how cheap the transactions are compared to bitcoin would be plagued with the same diseases that bitcoin is the moment they become remotely as popular as bitcoin is. They have cheap transactions because - compared to bitcoin - you can say very few people are using them!

It's because these are all first generation blockchains, they have always struggled to find solutions to scalability and it's the biggest thing holding them back and also presents the biggest opportunity for newer blockchains to replace them. New blockchains are promising to deliver 1 million tps in the future, quite an increase on the 8 or so that bitcoin can manage.

cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:11:04 PM

The biggest advantage of Bitcoin Cash were lower fees due to 8 times bigger blocksize. Bitcoin Cash transactions fees were lower than Bitcoin's for quite a long time but now thanks to the latest Electrum and Bitcoin Core updates SegWit adaptation surged. Transactions fees on Bitcoin are really cheap. It costs about 1 sat/b to get your transaction through after a few blocks. I think it is pretty safe to assume that currently Bitcoin Cash has not benefits over Bitcoin for now. Bitcoin is more valuable, supports SegWit and it looks like Lightning Network will also work very soon.

the average Bitcoin transaction price is less than $2 now which is substantially lower than it was a number of weeks ago.
thats if we are talking about pure functionality but Bitcoin is more than that now,
it has become something to invest in because people can see the potential it can give in the medium and long term,
and something a lot of people cannot see in bitcoin cash.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
CryptoFisherman (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:32:13 PM

Sorry man I don't want to generate a fight between BCH lovers and BTC lovers. I only want to understand the real differences between this two cryptocurrencies, and clearly way. In your opinion, on future, which of this two will raise more? ...cause I'm a little investor and newbie and it is quite difficult to cream off informations.
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:34:36 PM

well . recently bitcoin transfers got kinda cheaper and faster, don't know why but it is fact.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:37:51 PM

Personally I consider bitcoincash is a no potential coin and it is just a free coin from the fork so I don't expect that to beat its father the king of crypto.I think BCH is still alive because it was added to the coinbase so it is a big advantage over other forked coins.
In terms of fee and transaction speed the bitcoin is little expensive and not faster but soon this problems will be rectified when the lightning network implemented so don't think BTC is a bad coin.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:48:02 PM

The difference BTC and BTH have is trust. BTC has been here from the start and has the first movers advantage which BTH doesn't have. People don't always go after the tech but the trust and value a coin has to offer.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: