Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:32:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XFX Radeon RX470 4GB for $280  (Read 352 times)
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:28:49 AM
Merited by jillscarbrough (1)

Well no matter what the means, ASIC, POS, high difficulty, all that GPU hashrate will be looking for a new home, and if you think all the non Ethash coins will be able to adsorb it and continue to make profit, well I have a bridge I would like you to look at....

Even in longest period, remember, we still have an asset.

Doing mining at the major coins are the best option related to profit is an imprecise view. I can't deny that a newcomer would more interest to major coins, but I believe they would get experience over time. That's why this forum existed.

Absolutely agree, to give OPs some view of risk. But providing balanced opinions also would be a reference for OPs to decide. That's how the forum works.

Yes, I agree that differing viewpoints are the best and also simply pointing my own out there, I am not necessarily just disagreeing with you.

I mined through the downturn 4 years ago as well as the good times in early 2013 and again in 2017, so I can offer the experience of seeing the bad times as well as the good. I am not necessarily endorsing a gloom and doom viewpoint and like everyone else I hope the market and mining conditions do improve, but I also think that simply having everyone say "wait it out things will be back to normal in no time" is also not in everyone's best interest.

Most likely reality is going to be different than any of us can predict with any certainty, but by offering up different viewpoints hopefully the OP, as well as others, can make the best decisions by taking into account even the worse-case scenarios.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:41:07 AM

Yes, I agree that differing viewpoints are the best and also simply pointing my own out there, I am not necessarily just disagreeing with you.

I mined through the downturn 4 years ago as well as the good times in early 2013 and again in 2017, so I can offer the experience of seeing the bad times as well as the good.........

Maybe we meet on BTC Guild, Ghash or Eligius before, lol. I was also starting with antminer S1 in early 2014.

I hope our short discussion would help OP to decide what need to do.  Wink
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:09:25 AM

I mined through the downturn 4 years ago as well as the good times in early 2013 and again in 2017, so I can offer the experience of seeing the bad times as well as the good.........

Maybe we meet on BTC Guild, Ghash or Eligius before, lol. I was also starting with antminer S1 in early 2014.

I hope our short discussion would help OP to decide what need to do.  Wink

Yeah, I used those pools too, but I think I started at Bitclockers or 88BTC (or something similar) both of which eventually got hacked and a lot of miners, myself included lost a lot of coins. Since they were probably worth < $10 each back then, we didn't get too worked up, but man thinking back on it now makes me sad...
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:31:25 AM

Yeah, I used those pools too, but I think I started at Bitclockers or 88BTC (or something similar) both of which eventually got hacked and a lot of miners, myself included lost a lot of coins. Since they were probably worth < $10 each back then, we didn't get too worked up, but man thinking back on it now makes me sad...

We are both still exist here, that proved that we could survive. Would be a good reference for a new miner, that we can survive because we learn. Learning new thing and learn from the past.  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: