Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:05:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the cryptocurrency prices went down suddenly  (Read 560 times)
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:36:56 AM

As you are all aware, this week the market experience a fall of around 10% in prices for major cryptocurrencies. The reason for this dramatic drop in prices are multiple, but it is my hope to enlist them below and start a discussion.

It is said that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  announcement about ICOs platforms and the possibility of forcing them to register is one factor to take into consideration. Second, Japan’s FSA recently suspended two exchanges and penalized another four, which caused a bit of panic among the [Suspicious link removed]munity. Last but not least, rumors started running across Redditt that Binance was being hacked. All these situations caused the cryptocurrency prices to go down by 5-15% on average.

To explain this a bit more, take a look at this video that easily explains what exactly happened this week Smiley https://cryptocoin.news/news/altcoins-this-week-why-cryptocurrency-prices-went-down-blockchain-legislation-in-russia-and-much-more-8714/

Feel free to comment as well

Why?
Read this news
https://news.bitcoin.com/japan-punishes-cryptocurrency-exchanges-suspending/
So i believe this time its caused by Japan then those who have no knowledge panic selling as usual.

-Peace-
healthcarep

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:40:37 AM

maintain tight for extra sudden drops of diverse greater ICOs and crypto currencies/tokens/cash in 2018 awful 12 months for all digital unregulated coins/tokens, not like 2017 whilst BTC/BCH & other crypto currencies have been at maximum in October, no extra now again until 2d half of 2018, with any luck, cheers!
arditiyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:41:44 AM

I see some negative news about bitcoin in different countries, I think this is one of the causes of unstable market for several days, I hope it will end soon and recover quickly

ukstar

Activity: 436
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:42:19 AM

Now cryptocurrency price is very dumb because it is a business that means it is a start of the year so January February March it can be starting month for a new year so happy new year market will be down if you follow before you can see the total market prediction.
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:54:08 AM

As for me it is a simple correction of crypto market, and now we can see the bullish trend and it is a great chance to invest in crypto  Smiley
the correction supposed to be ended and btc was already trying to break 12k resistance ,but these resent FUD caused the crash.

AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:56:30 PM

You have to know my friend that btc is the king of the crypto and whenever the price of it goes down the price of alternative coin go down either but soon it will back normal

Actually, can you believe that one coin went up in price while the rest went down? It's a new one by the name of CREDITS, went out and up the charts by 600% of its original price. Here's a video where you can see more about it Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2qoSoYyi3E

oturanbilboa

Activity: 454
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:05:55 PM

Because the price of bitcoin is down. I think this is the biggest reason why the prices of crypto money have fallen. The other reason is that there are too many scam projects and garbage tokens on the market. The trust issue is very important in this market as well.

AlexTF.CCN (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:07:26 PM

As you are all aware, this week the market experience a fall of around 10% in prices for major cryptocurrencies. The reason for this dramatic drop in prices are multiple, but it is my hope to enlist them below and start a discussion.

It is said that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  announcement about ICOs platforms and the possibility of forcing them to register is one factor to take into consideration. Second, Japan’s FSA recently suspended two exchanges and penalized another four, which caused a bit of panic among the [Suspicious link removed]munity. Last but not least, rumors started running across Redditt that Binance was being hacked. All these situations caused the cryptocurrency prices to go down by 5-15% on average.

To explain this a bit more, take a look at this video that easily explains what exactly happened this week Smiley https://cryptocoin.news/news/altcoins-this-week-why-cryptocurrency-prices-went-down-blockchain-legislation-in-russia-and-much-more-8714/

Nice post OP although the reporter look rash I can ignore laughing. Putting kidding aside, I just hope that the downward moment is only temporary. This kind of bad news coming from the media really affects the price of cryptocurrencies. But based on TA the trading price for next week is 9,200 – 7,700 USD. If fud continue in BTC which we are all are hoping not happen, the price of BTC would be 6,500 USD in the 3rd week of March.

That's an interesting approach, and thanks for the compliment! Let's hope it does not drop that far away, although to be honest with you, the lower it goes, the better chances we've got to invest in it. If one thing is for sure, blockchain technology is here to stay, and eventually, prices will bounce back up (a lot of countries are investing in the blockchain technology). It may take a month, it may take a year, but prices will rise!
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:16:34 PM

Because that is how the market works and you need to understand that this is just a comon thing to have,market wont go upwards all the year it might have some sideways or stabilized days or it might have bloodbaths which is the bear market that is why you need to understand the flow of the market so that you wont be panicking whem the market has started to fail.

rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:22:37 PM

I think the issue of news sentiment affecting market movement is always there.  Reactions to this sentiments makes the market. If the holders panicked and react in that direction this will trigger selling  pressure on the market and the market becomes bearish but if the holder react positively and hold to their coins there will  be no pressure on the market the price will remain stable.
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:24:21 PM

Now a days bitcoin facing 11500$ stiff resistance , when it comes this level and again fall back but this time some bad news came it fallen. But in this post you have said " US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  announcement about ICOs platforms and the possibility of forcing them to register is one factor to take into consideration. Second, Japan’s FSA recently suspended two exchanges and penalized another four, which caused a bit of panic among the [Suspicious link removed]munity. "  I think this is good for the novice investors of ICO because the scam ICO might go away.And for binance hack news was the most important for this fall because now a days binance is hot favorite for most traders and investors, so as the news came of binance has market fallen heavily. 

cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:25:16 PM

Probably the FUDs that were spreading? the SEC's stupidity to announce their full regulations,what the heck will happen to our market ? bitcoin's chart is showing down trend and it is going to be below the current support levels,worst it will hit $1.2k again that is why we need to be vigillant or we could lose a lot of money in the next upcoming days.

flashmark

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:27:28 PM

It seems whales not entered into the market yet. BTC crashed and failed survive at the 10k support level. When support level is broken, most of the traders selling their positions. So price drop is possible. When BTC finds support level, buyers re-enter to the market.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:37:44 PM

mt gox unloading 1000's of btc dumping it from 16k to 10k in a short time, caused week hands to dump their btc and it all came tumbling down

find the real projects with real dev teams and long term you have nothing to worry about

AlexTF.CCN (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:45:30 PM

Now a days bitcoin facing 11500$ stiff resistance , when it comes this level and again fall back but this time some bad news came it fallen. But in this post you have said " US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  announcement about ICOs platforms and the possibility of forcing them to register is one factor to take into consideration. Second, Japan’s FSA recently suspended two exchanges and penalized another four, which caused a bit of panic among the [Suspicious link removed]munity. "  I think this is good for the novice investors of ICO because the scam ICO might go away.And for binance hack news was the most important for this fall because now a days binance is hot favorite for most traders and investors, so as the news came of binance has market fallen heavily. 

I couldn't agree more mate Smiley
lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:52:27 PM

Crypto market suddenly went down due to series of FOMO, FUDs and fake news that's been disturbed the crypto world and this kind of droppings are pretty normal because as I myself is a proud Hodler and I survived a lot of market crash since last year.
Crypto enthusiasts are expecting the crypto market to recover every time the market crash.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:04:42 PM
Merited by ryanben (1)

These factors are exactly what's going on and I think this is the start to boost the market from mid-late this year. I believe this is a good sign that the whole world is waiting for something that can change the market

coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:19:46 PM

It is said that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  announcement about ICOs platforms and the possibility of forcing them to register is one factor to take into consideration. Second, Japan’s FSA recently suspended two exchanges and penalized another four, which caused a bit of panic among the [Suspicious link removed]munity. Last but not least, rumors started running across Redditt that Binance was being hacked. All these situations caused the cryptocurrency prices to go down by 5-15% on average.

If anything will happen wrong then surely those services should be suspend by the government authorities , so I don't think these will give any big impact over the market of the cryptocurrency at all because in that way everything will be safe ( transparency ) .
But in my opinion the most big factor that I think will be the reason of the dump of the price is the hack of the binance , and I think In actual not was any fault of the binance regarding this thing but there was like mistake by the users ( I read about it in an article where it was mentioned that it was fault of the super only ) .
So we'll whatever happened , people just get into fear and go for the sell of Thier altcoins to make Thierself sure that there is nothing risky think .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 4994

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:11:50 AM

The market as a whole is getting massively fudded and all that says to me is its a good time to buy. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:40:52 AM

In my own opinion the down time is caused by the newbies in the crypto world. They get manipulated easily by some unconfirmed new and they sell their coins at a very ridiculous price.
I fully agree, it seems to me that this is the main reason for such high volatility.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: