Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:42:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin destroy the world?  (Read 1947 times)
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:01:36 PM

I wish you have a background on this. A reliable source like a news article or study from a respected university. It's really hard to reply/comment to your post if you don't have a valid source of information.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:11:24 PM

This topic is for serious discussion here in forum ,I think if you use this bitcoin to destroy world that's not good idea because there's a lot of way to trace the transaction here like if they use this to scam or hack someone so they can't use it i think some users here in crypto are hacker but there's a lot of way to avoid that like if they use this to scam then do escrow in transaction that's easy

Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:17:18 PM

If the calculation and numbers are right, it is something to think about. It's high time we develop sustainable systems and find new sources of sustainable energy. In Scandinavian countries we already have hydro power, in tropical countries we should have more solar farms and so on. But it's not right to say bitcoin is destroying the world.

bibiqua

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:20:17 PM

Will bitcoin destroy the world?

Nope, the other way round.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 10:23:50 PM

Bitcoin mining is based on very high energy costs and environmental costs.

One bitcoin =20 barrels of oil.

How many barrels of oil do you think the industry consumes every year?

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

Each year, the mining industry consumes more than 24 terawatts of energy, the equivalent of 13,239,916 barrels of oil.

Every 10 minutes, 12.5 bitcoins are dug up, meaning 20 barrels of crude oil have been reached since each bitcoin was dug up (not yet traded).

In other words, the amount of energy consumed by the global bitcoin mining campaign is 40 times greater than the amount of energy needed to support the Visa card network.

One bitcoin transaction = one American family USES electricity a week.

According to encrypt the currency analyst Alex DE Vries estimate an index, the currency trading energy consumed each year more than 24 tw, this is equivalent to total energy consumed each year in Nigeria, which has a population of 186 million.

Currently, about 300,000 bitcoins are traded each day. Each bitcoin transaction costs 215 kilowatt-hours of energy.

The average American household USES about 901 kilowatt-hours of electricity a month, which means that each bitcoin exchange consumes enough energy to make an American family comfortable for a week.

What do you think about the energy consumption of bitcoin?
Mining of Bitcoin cannot destroy the world because mining isn't theonly thing we are doing here in this world people are now switching to renewable energy when in terms of using power for mining purposes. Hydro, wind, solar and any other renwable energy they have just to lessen the consumption and to make it more effecient depending on their location and energy billings. I know that there will always be an alternative power we can use but also depends on budget and investmnt most especially in mining.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:59:48 PM

That is not right!even bitcoin will not exist in the world we will also have an energy problem. Because we have use many gadgets and chemicals everyday that affect our nature. So dont blame the bitcoin because in fact bitcoin can help to change the world and help other people to make them life better. I think bitcoin can help the world not destroing it. Because it gives an income to the people who have unemployed or to the people who do illegal work like illegal logging that can destroy our world or nature. So for me bitcoin is savior not a destroyer.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Alohadance

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:44:15 PM

I believe in bitcoin. It is traditional usd in cryptocurrency and it will be used for a very long time. So it will save us frome government taxes.
Harleybtc01

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:58:41 PM

I believe in bitcoin. It is traditional usd in cryptocurrency and it will be used for a very long time. So it will save us frome government taxes.
For me its not the bitcoin which destroys the world but its the people who live in. Even without bitcoin if people want to do something chaos in his society then they will be. Its just the people who develop and improve his life and society. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with bitcoin.
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:52:28 AM

Even though bitcoin is wasting so much electeicity it also benefits the users in so many ways that people love it very much. Bitcoin is very important in peoples lives it is very useful in many ways. What do you think of other currency such as fiat currency? It uses paper to make money and where do they get paper? And how many country doing it? They get it in a tree and  it uses gas, oil, water, electricity. So, will it be destroy the world? Bitcoin is nothing compared to fiat currency when it comes in destroying world.
nalinpuri

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:03:50 AM

I think bitcoin mining will not harm the environment  because people  will be able to produce wind ,solar energy and thus no loss of energy will take place.
 Cheesy
ahah

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:22:08 AM

I don't know exactly how you got these numbers. Bitcoin not only consumes electricity, but other things can be ignored. Electricity is the easiest energy source, so Bitcoin cannot destroy the world. It can't happen!
AlekSandRAx

Activity: 127
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:07:21 PM

Every new technology creates new challenges. For bitcoin, energy consumption is just one of them. This only indicates that new solutions are needed.
Bitcoin, block chain or any other technology can not destroy the world by itself. Only man can do that, or a natural disaster. If anything goes wrong, it can not be blamed on Bitcoin or some technology, but humanity itself.
Ekram

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

No I do not think it will destroy the world Because it is helping us with money rather than  destruction. I think, it's for us a good job. We can always earn good money from it. And we got good pleasure from bitcoin. Because of this, we can say that it is not the destruction of the world.
Arindava

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:38:44 PM

I do not read the exact data, but if bItcoin has to use a lot of energy for bad deals, but in fact there are still many ways to overcome them, there is still a lot of renewable energy that we have not yet fully discovered, water, sun and wind can still be used without having to use the earth..
SeniorRalap

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:44:42 PM

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

Each year, the mining industry consumes more than 24 terawatts of energy, the equivalent of 13,239,916 barrels of oil.

Every 10 minutes, 12.5 bitcoins are dug up, meaning 20 barrels of crude oil have been reached since each bitcoin was dug up (not yet traded).

In other words, the amount of energy consumed by the global bitcoin mining campaign is 40 times greater than the amount of energy needed to support the Visa card network.

According to encrypt the currency analyst Alex DE Vries estimate an index, the currency trading energy consumed each year more than 24 tw, this is equivalent to total energy consumed each year in Nigeria, which has a population of 186 million.

Currently, about 300,000 bitcoins are traded each day. Each bitcoin transaction costs 215 kilowatt-hours of energy.

The average American household USES about 901 kilowatt-hours of electricity a month, which means that each bitcoin exchange consumes enough energy to make an American family comfortable for a week.

I don't know the accuracy of your figures. Bitcoin but I know that mining consumes a lot of energy, it is true that many people because of mining bitcoin will consume large amounts of energy to select a boycott of the bitcoin , so I hope in the future the bitcoin could invent new energy mining, this will help the bitcoin to get people's approval
tushin4

Activity: 191

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:49:02 PM

What Shocked Shocked I don't think so that Bitcoin will destroy the world.actually after the invention of Bitcoin I have seen that it has developed the world a lot. and at present it is still developing the world.so there is no chance of thinking that Bitcoin will destroy the world.
sk700

Activity: 587

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:50:22 PM

no. how could be possible that bitcoin will destroy the world.bitcoin a global currency and many developed countries already accepted bitcoin as their trading currency... it is not possible that bitcoin destroy the world.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:54:24 PM

There is no doubt that bitcoin mining is a energy consuming process and you should support the fact that it is not easily printed like the fiat curreny. Cheesy Most of the big miners are moving to green energy and we will see more miners using renewable energy which is good for the environment, how did you come up with a calculation of 20 barrels of oil for one bitcoin.
dexterbit

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:58:32 AM

I think I’ll stick with my hypothesis that bitcoin, and its correlative phenomenon, blockchain, are really an advanced Bond villain plot to crash the world’s markets somehow.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:07:48 AM

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

If all of the things you have said is true then it would be a real question and also a big problem to look for. But I don't think that it would sum upto that numbers you have stated.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: