Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what causes the price of altcoin down?  (Read 4130 times)
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:48:33 AM

There's a lot of things that can cause each of them going down. But if we are talking all of the altcoin as a whole, it's only FUD or bitcoin is going down are top things that is behind for their crash.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:50:16 AM

give your opinion why altcoin cheap price?
is it time for us to buy altcoin?
why every mid year altcoin is always cheap.

There are plenty of reason why the price of altcoin is going down. The primary reason is that when there are more sellers than buyers, it is given that the price of altcoins will decline, same as law of supply and demand. Second is that their are affected with the price of bitcoin, if btc will go down, most of altcoins will experience the same. Last thing that I know is because of the news about cryptocurrencies like bans from a country or a negative news being released in mass and social media.

I agree with you above. All of this happen because so many reasons. And the basic is the supply and demand. And also bad news around the crypto can cause this happen too.We know that the bitcoin is the main coin and the other coins only based on the price of the bitcoin so when the price of bitcoin down because of bad news then all will follow this bearish.
Plecet Bank

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:52:47 AM

A lot of the reason why prices can altcoin down in the market. However, for me the most possible of course resulting from total supply altcoin. So many people are selling, and the price being down. Even if the price goes up, then we should be vying for immediate sell. So not long ago, the ride will definitely be right down again.

ClackKendi

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:55:54 AM

There are plenty of reason why the price of altcoin is going down. The primary reason is that when there are more sellers than buyers, it is given that the price of altcoins will decline, same as law of supply and demand. Second is that their are affected with the price of bitcoin, if btc will go down, most of altcoins will experience the same. Last thing that I know is because of the news about cryptocurrencies like bans from a country or a negative news being released in mass and social media.

I agree with you above. All of this happen because so many reasons. And the basic is the supply and demand. And also bad news around the crypto can cause this happen too.We know that the bitcoin is the main coin and the other coins only based on the price of the bitcoin so when the price of bitcoin down because of bad news then all will follow this bearish.
The reason for the decline in the value of altcoin is that hacker criminals who took advantage of the loophole to take over altcoins, such as the NiceHash Dig Services in December, reported that the Bitcoin worth nearly $ 70 million They have been stolen, representing one of the largest cyber-attacks in history
emily666

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:04:39 AM

when btc goes up, lats go down.
when btc goes down, alts go down.
when btc sideways, alts go up

marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:17:52 AM

Here is the possible answers to your questions, first it is possible for a market manipulator to dump all the coins at the high price, in order for the price to get low, and they can have a buy back at the low price, and gain huge profit. Second, when the bitcoin price falls down, they so was the altcoins, altcoin is a dependent price of bitcoin, so when the bitcoin price falls, so as the rate of the altcoin.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
lightning mcqueen

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:34:55 AM

The causes are like the causes of Fiat market. First circumstance is that the demand is too low so the altcoin market has low pricing for the alt. Secons is that there are too many supply. Having too much supply of an item causes it to have lower prices because it can be related to lower demand. Lastly, market movement is few.

For what I see, the bitcoin has a big factor in affecting the price of altcoin. If the Bitcoin price drops, the Altcoin also follows, there is always an impact with these two when it comes to fluctuating.
javacomedy

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:58:28 AM

I think the current dip is caused by two factors:

1. Binance API fail

2. MtGOX guy selling coins for 400M.

But the marker seems stable around 9K and alts seems to get a slight recover.
Oh, issue of binance hacked ?
Make market go down?
the decline of the coin is able to be influenced by several factors that influence. so a lot of factors that affect, will but that often happens with its development and less stable between enthusiasts with non-enthusiasts. so the coin must maintain the stability to keep the coin up and standard.
jeaniferomambac

Activity: 135
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:20:47 AM

I think the reason is probably because too much is selling altcoin. This may also due to the large number of total supply of altcoin. So it becomes priceless. Can be very inexpensive and will continue to decline. And the other reason is the existence of negative news altcoin about news is concerned. So much panic sell, eventually the price fall.

When the bitcoin price goes down the other coins will also falling down its price because they only depends on bitcoin and it is happen when there is many supply in the market for the reason that many people sell its coins,and that time is the right time to invest in bitcoin.
lightning mcqueen

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:26:27 AM

if I think that causes the decline in altcoin value is due to the effect of bitcoin. because if the bitcoin again down the automatic altcoin will also follow-down and it's often the same with altcoin.

There is a  big effect in altcoin, if the bitcoin price drops, the altcoin is always affected. Its like a domino effect on this two. Altcoin always follow to bitcoin.
Endank

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:16:50 AM

When the price goes up then people will start selling, and the price becomes corrected.
I think moments like this will be great to buy, because usually the end of the year the price will rise quite significantly.
gucci belt

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:48:58 PM

Of course the price will not go up continuously. And when such a correction becomes a pattern, people will believe if the end of the year will rise, and they start buying. So that's the cycle.
Andri ansah

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:22:25 PM

That causes the altcoin price drop in my opinion because many new coins and tokens appear to be also because sales are higher than purchases so many people who sell can cause altcoin drops.
eMaxie

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:16:34 PM

Bad news, fall of Bitcoin or Ethereum, loss of interest among investors - that's what makes the market fall down. For now I prefer going into alts since the price is relatively low and stuff) So I think that going into promising projects with promising future is the best option
bigcrocodile

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:11:21 PM

Altcoins will remain cheaper than the coin- Bitcoin. Obviously, there is a reason why they are called “alt”coins. After all, it`s great that they are cheap, it means you can buy cheap and sell when they will rise in price, but be careful with choosing the altcoin.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:13:48 PM

Many of the ICOs have been selling their ethereum heavily in the past months, so people have the feeling that market is bad, but it is more the opposite, everyone is deploying the projects.

tulpash

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:26:51 AM

In my opinion, the main reason is the negative news background and the absence of very large and significant events for the world of crypto currencies. Once such events occur, this will give a new impetus to the development of the entire crypto currency market.
Omtamvan

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:19:41 AM

I think the current dip is caused by two factors:

1. Binance API fail

2. MtGOX guy selling coins for 400M.

But the marker seems stable around 9K and alts seems to get a slight recover.
Oh, issue of binance hacked ?
Make market go down?
This could be because many the issue of the issue of negative from various State, but I also think maybe this happen because the increasing amount of bitcoin etherum and bitcoin money
I believe prices have down because the opportunity to have more bitcoins and increase the number of miners of bitcoin

I do not really know about the current altcoin price decline because I know the price of altcoin falls because bitcoin also decreases because altcoin follows the bitcoin movement so from that with the price of altcoin the current price you can get altcoin that much and buy it for the future
atupolev

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:24:47 AM

It seems to me that the market is run by the same maybe few thousand people maybe even one hundred people and they just keep manipulating the price of everything. nobody is going to make money unless you swing trade like they clearly do. That seems to be the beginning of this year anyway. It's already Q2 and tons of good news came out but nothing is happening
vebby

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:39:25 AM

the most likely reason is due to the large number of competition going on. Types of altcoin the longer more and more. Then the number of the community became dispersed evenly. and this makes many coins finally experienced a price drop. The second reason is probably because a lot of going panic sell. that result because it was afraid that the coins will be priced low due to burn.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: