Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin?  (Read 1951 times)
gordeevaverona

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:40:18 PM

As for the business itself, a significant part of our life belongs to the government, and they can prohibit much that enters our periud existence....
TranTrongit

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:24:50 PM

may be I think the recent downtrend of the market is manipulated by the government. They control it, manipulate it.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:28:16 PM

Governments have a huge role in the quick success or slow progress of bitcoin. But to speak of killing bitcoin, I am absolutely aware that no single government can extinguish it.

Maryverycool

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:32:16 PM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
I don't think the government wants to kill bitcoin. Bitcoin is still the king of the entire encryption market. The government just wants to get into the encryption market and get some profit. If it kills bitcoin, the whole encryption market will collapse, which is not good for the government. And I don't think the government has the power to kill bitcoin.
CyrilSavon75

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:34:53 PM

Of course they can, because anyone who has access to the Internet has the power, and the authorities want to control everything, but to control bitcoin you need to have a lot of money
perova93

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:45:03 PM

Bitcoin is growing rapidly and I think that everything is possible for the fact that it will be at the price
that everyone is waiting for, that is a big one.
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:26:39 PM

The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
I don't think the government wants to kill bitcoin. Bitcoin is still the king of the entire encryption market. The government just wants to get into the encryption market and get some profit. If it kills bitcoin, the whole encryption market will collapse, which is not good for the government. And I don't think the government has the power to kill bitcoin.
Not actually. But they can manipulate it in their country by the means of putting some tax to the investors or any holder that has bitcoin and how can they do that?by simply putting some tax when you convert it into fiat. By withdrawing your savings from bank. Its a oppotunity for them to have extra funds.
buiduc

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:38:57 PM

No one can kill bitcoin even the government, because bitcoin is the core value, it is the social progress that helps society grow !
ov3rflow9x

Activity: 374
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

Yes government can kill bitcoin. But in my own opinion they did not replace it on other cryptocurrency. Like in Phillipines I think our government cannot afford to have another own cryptocurrency and if Philippine government kill bitcoin the main reason of this criminality because I read some news that many of netizen are being a victim of investment scam that use the name of bitcoin. And other reason is bitcoin can affect the flow of money in the country. And I think other country kill bitcoin on other reason not to replace it on other cryptocurrency because their value their own currency as a trademark of their country.

How could they kill bitcoin ? When bitcoin just released every government told that is fake scam and illegal just remember but they didn't kill that because its decentralization system , you need to kill all miners and holders to kill bitcoin Smiley

Governments in any countries could not kill bitcoin because the maker of it is the only one who can kill and destroy bitcoin and make it dissappear. Why do they need to kill bitcoin if their economy will benefit from it? Governments can only prohibit bitcoin but it will never destroy crypto like bitcoin.

Nobody could kill bitcoin now because its decentralization system and will work until every computer and miner will delete wallets and stop mining and support network work , only after that bitcoin will die.
Harper6

Activity: 255

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:02:20 PM

I think government has the power to control but not to kill bitcoin at all, in fact we hear some news that government are warning people about investing in bitcoin and some other negative comments about bitcoin. Since it is already widespread all over the world and lot of people are engage with it, and lot of people are relying especially those who are unemployed because they got an earning through bitcoin so we can say that government cannot directly kill or stop bitcoin because of the people.
Yes bitcoin is the independent currency and it is not in the control of the government at all. People are investing and making bitcoin high, so I think it will not be ban according to the will of government at all. They will not kill bitcoin because they know that bitcoin will be the future of country people. So no government would ever try to ban or stop the growth of bitcoin in their country, bitcoin is improving day by day with price and value because investors are investing in bitcoin currency, so it is unstoppable investment right now.
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:39:26 PM

No Government can kill bitcoin though they could form a policy that will affect it negatively just to make people loose interested in it.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:52:56 PM

Isn't it obvious Bitcoin is a different thing and governments have no control over it even nobody can hack it. It provides Minister get security and awesome networking which everyone needs but Government and higher authorities cannot provide service. I think the answers are already in front of us. people should research on making the stuff which is much more secure and user-friendly rather than using all those old junk. No offense but in many countries like Asia technology is still at their mid-age and not many people are fully aware of the power of the internet till now. All the news Facebook and WhatsApp and some other features but they are not developers or they do not interact with the open world like us.
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:59:12 PM

Of course government can be kill all cryptocurrency. But government cannt kill user and all transaction use cryptocurreny. cause its so difficult and so hard to makes all people not use bitcoin or cryptocurrency. As you can see in some countries bitcoin is prohibited and banned by the government but all activities or transactions using bitcoin keep going

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Tilim@Tilim

Activity: 350

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:08:14 PM

Bitcoin Cash was nothing but a hand grenade killing/maiming every coin and investor within a 15m radius.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Ryan1212

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:46:54 PM

Bitcoin can stop by goverment?
Maybe not, because in the other countries this use bitcoin already to buy item,to pay and to invest to there business.
But there have 3 big countries do not want bitcoin because they want to have their own dugital currency.
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:03:18 PM
Merited by Veterock (4)

The main point of the cryptocurrency is that the governments can not control it! Then I see the question: 'Why?' Grin
velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:06:21 PM

the government has no authority over bitcoin, the government can only set rules without being able to spread bitcoin let alone kill bitcoin, it is just a statement that will not happen, because bitcoin will keep running and bitcoin is not made by the government.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Jossy111

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:12:34 PM

Government can not kill what they dont have outright power over. though government has a big roll to play when it comes to policy making in a country but as far as bitcoin is concerned it is a decentralized currency which cannot be only control by a single government. so no country policy can kill the existence of bitcoin the worst a country can do is to ban it from being used in their country and that can not determine in-existence of bitcoin.
Bruce1614

Activity: 144
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:12:44 PM

The administration will never have the capacity to slaughter bitcoin, on the grounds that bitcoin is currently a standout amongst the most productive coins. so I figure the administration can just cutoff the tenets without having the capacity to execute bitcoin, in light of the fact that after all the bitcoin isn't claimed by the legislature and the legislature does not have the expert to wreck or slaughter bitcoin.
abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:15:44 PM

Yrs of course and unfortunately this is the thing that many govenements try to do it but i believ that the bitcoin will survive againts them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: