Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:33:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US news: Cryptocurrency targeted in SEC probe  (Read 85 times)
NileCoin ICO (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

NileCoin ICO

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 02:48:22 AM

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has issued dozens of subpoenas and information requests to technology companies and advisers involved in the red-hot market for cryptocurrencies, according to the World Street Journal (WSJ)
According to people familiar with the matter, SEC is finding a way to re-structure ICO - Initial Coin Offering- as firmly as Initial Public Offering (IPO)
Moves made by SEC in the concept of high demand for bitcoin and other altcoins have led to the price growth. However, many investors are worried about the current strengthened regulations by the authorities, making Bitcoin plunge from the record peak 19,000 USD in the middle of December 2017.

NilecoinTeam.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:35:33 AM

Many people are worried about this and SEC statements are often the trigger for the market downturn.
I am still confused, what if an exchange or ico that does not come from the US does not obey the rules of the SEC, what is its impact?
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:53:09 AM

The SEC is going to continue to target crypto, but as long as we as a community show that it's not all bad we'll be just fine.
smutexar

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:22:09 AM

US wants to make the market more dependent on its game conditions, because it tries to create constraints and challenges. I don't think it can stop the growth.
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:35:53 AM

It is true that the current ICO market is chaotic and there are a lot of fraudulent ICO projects.
But when the SEC regulatory the entire ICO market, I wonder if individual investors can still invest in ICO.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:37:08 AM

Good - target all icos and close all illegal ones down.

icos have destroyed what this should have all been about

the btc drop from 16k to 10k was already documented as the mt gox turd dumping

SEC can fine exchanges for listing these icos or shut the exchange down so I expect we will see many icos vanish soon.

POW (fair launch protocol) coins are the only trustless decentralised crypto anyway

zerrtty

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:24:08 PM

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has postponed at least until the autumn all decisions on ETF-bitcoin on the latest data. When this happens, I think that institutional investors can enter to the market and this will give an impetus to the rise in prices

Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:19:16 AM

The US is an impudent and self-confident state, thinking to solve all the problems on the planet. The arrival of the crypto currency and the crypto-exchange is annoying the financial oligarchs, they are in awe of the expectation of the collapse of the traditional financial system. They want to regulate this inevitability by their regulation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: