Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin VS bank  (Read 1717 times)
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:52:45 AM

I think bitcoin is better than banks because with bitcoin we have full access and control, I do not like to waste time waiting in line so I hope that someday the transaction system is like bitcoin.
It will be nice if we could get a future like that but we need to be realistic banks are the most powerful entities in the world and they are not going to give up that kind of crazy power due to a new invention, so I think that the best that we can expect is that banks and bitcoin are able to coexist together, and since banks cannot destroy bitcoin either that seems to be the most likely outcome.
lokanot0

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 05:23:15 AM

Nope. Bank is there because it is a bank and Bitcoin is there because is it a bitcoin. One may exist without the replacement of the other. As you have said, banks have existed for centuries and the creation of bitcoin does not even affect the banks that greatly because most banks are controlled by the government. Therefore, in my opinion, bitcoin may never replace banks, because they can coexist.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:57:40 AM

I think bitcoin is better than banks because with bitcoin we have full access and control, I do not like to waste time waiting in line so I hope that someday the transaction system is like bitcoin.
Of course, bitcoin has many advantages, but at the moment, we can not give up banks, because it will change the world economy at the root. In any case, at the moment we should rejoice that we can use bitcoin transactions, and the rest are crypto currency.
kutsal_money

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:13:57 PM

I use bitcoin because I can keep my money without being connected to any center. I don't trust banks and capitalist system therefore I will always use bitcoin
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 06:28:40 PM

Why decnetralized currency comparing with bank? The main purpose of bitcoin is to be perfect trading station without third side. Banks making money being third side...

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:11:09 PM

The banks are obviously frightened by the advance of the cryptomonete, but I am quite certain that they will find the way to reconvert and continue to play a central role in the economic world.
They will not let themselves be put away so easily.

AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:17:54 PM

There is no competition for me. Like i said for me bitcoin cant replace bank. Its way too far to happen. Bitcoin only exist virtual world.
Cryptoproff

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:48:26 PM

I think bitcoin will not replace the bank. however, may be, the blockchain wich become the technology behind the bitcoin will replace the inefficient banking system.
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:50:12 PM

Let's access them based on their peculiarities

BITCOIN ADVANTAGES
1. Universal
2. Intrinsic value
3. Fast transactions
4. Cheaper transactions especially cross-border
5. Unlimited accessibility
6. No limits to spending
7. Inflation immune

BANK ADVANTAGES
1. Regulated
2. Easy to convert funds to cash
3. Wider acceptability
4. Hacking can be traced if it happens

BITCOIN DISADVANTAGES
1. The loss might be irrecoverable
2. Bitcoin ATMs are relatively scarce, so conversion to cash is not easy
3. Limited acceptability (need to convert to fiat in most cases)
4. No regulations, hacking susceptible
5. Volatility in value

BANK DISADVANTAGES
1. Limited accessibility relative to bitcoin
2. Regulations impose limitations on spending
3. Fiat mostly devaluates
4. Banks can fold up and funds become unavailable

I am sure we can add more and more, so it depends on the side of the divide that suits an individual. Nothing seems absolute here.
syntaxerror2019

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:43:17 AM

Bitcoin and bank of both recommended for investing but then each have pros and cons. If you invested in a bank, you can guarantee that your money is secured and it’s earning profits. The only disadvantage of it is that, you’re money is earning an equal amount of profit all throughout. Now, If yoh invested in Bitcoin, you can’t guarantee the your money is 100% secured because it is a great risk in investing. But then the amount of profit in bitcoin is much bigger than in a bank because the exchange of currency is not constabt, if the exchange is huge then invest immediately because you’ll surely earn.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:15:19 AM

For more than a century, the banking system was used to fund state, endanger the stability of the economic activity, robbing private savings, eliminate one road, promote the financing dependence, even make violent reached an unprecedented scale, all because we do not have different techniques to implement monetary exchange. Now the monopoly is being broken. Bitcoin was born. The fear of the ruling class is only just beginning.

Do you think bitcoin will replace Banks in the future?

Bitcoin is revolutionary monetary system and its powerfull to replace banks domination. I think its need long time to replace banks domination with bitcoin, its because not many trust on bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:55:25 AM

For more than a century, the banking system was used to fund state, endanger the stability of the economic activity, robbing private savings, eliminate one road, promote the financing dependence, even make violent reached an unprecedented scale, all because we do not have different techniques to implement monetary exchange. Now the monopoly is being broken. Bitcoin was born. The fear of the ruling class is only just beginning.

There have been topics like this before. And I will still say, bitcoin will never replace banks and will not replace anything in this world. Bitcoin is an additional currency that has good price or value. Banks just need to adjust the way they think about crypto. Banks will comtinue to exist and will stay I think forver.
I agree with you my friend ☺ Bitcoin has its own uniqueness in terms of value . Bitcoin cant replace banks for it is notthat powerful .
yeah we know that bitcoin is a new innovation of a financial system which is free and easy to use but that doesn't mean it will replace the bank which in fact has become the main pillar for the state finance. the bank is too superior to be replaced dude. the role of banks is vital for state finances, while bitcoin? currently only a problem for the government
bondali

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:57:58 AM

in my opinion there will be no replacing bitcoin bank instead of the bank who have to start following the trend of digital currencies like cripto currency so that banks can continue to exist and thrive following the times, because now the payment and financing have started using digital currencies and has many large in many countries admit.
Blekok001

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:48:36 AM

Because of its shape in the form of digital assets, I am not sure that in the future the bank's tasks can replace Bitcoin can be storage of valuables such as jewelry, gold and securities.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:42:44 AM

Let's access them based on their peculiarities

BITCOIN ADVANTAGES
1. Universal
2. Intrinsic value
3. Fast transactions
4. Cheaper transactions especially cross-border
5. Unlimited accessibility
6. No limits to spending
7. Inflation immune

BANK ADVANTAGES
1. Regulated
2. Easy to convert funds to cash
3. Wider acceptability
4. Hacking can be traced if it happens

BITCOIN DISADVANTAGES
1. The loss might be irrecoverable
2. Bitcoin ATMs are relatively scarce, so conversion to cash is not easy
3. Limited acceptability (need to convert to fiat in most cases)
4. No regulations, hacking susceptible
5. Volatility in value

BANK DISADVANTAGES
1. Limited accessibility relative to bitcoin
2. Regulations impose limitations on spending
3. Fiat mostly devaluates
4. Banks can fold up and funds become unavailable

I am sure we can add more and more, so it depends on the side of the divide that suits an individual. Nothing seems absolute here.
You formulate it very clearly so we can read the detailed differences between banks and bitcoins. I think the fundamental difference is in terms of control. banks in centralized control while bitcoins is decentralized havent central control. then making anyone free to use bitcoin without any rules. different from banks that have certain rules. to determine which one is better certainly depends on the views of everyone. if they like freedom they will choose bitcoin and vice versa
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:44:33 AM

no, it will not, bitcoin proved its effect on our current economic status, it may still create more opportunities for the users to more innovative ways to earn and utilize bitcoin use, but let us not be complacent, bank has their own strategies to cope up with these innovations. im sure they will come up with a leverage against bitcoin and other cryptos, besides, there are vast majorities of commodities that bitcoin cannot cater and vice versa, so i think bitcoin and banks will still co-exist with one another in the future

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:07:42 AM

I doubt that we can talk about the banks shut down at least because that is not what bitcoin's idea is.
blodelf1

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:09:09 AM

To conclude,it seems that the technology that powers bitcoin,the blockchain,has great support among many of the banking world’s top brass.However,it appears unlikely that any of the world’s major banks will integrate the actual currency itself with their current methods of operation.
arctic circle

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:16:09 PM

Well, even as at now, a perspective is being understood that more persons would rather keep their monies stored as Cryptocurrency rather than just putting it in the bank. The bank are now probably limited to intermediary work of linking a person with his/her Cryptocurrency wallets. These and many more reasons will impede the growth services of banks.
Mapalast

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:31:53 PM

Basically both are different.  Banks used for any conventional currencies unlike bitcoin
Bitcoin is decentralized currency so it won't make any longer procedure to do transaction abroad.
So that bitcoin could replace bank. It is just additional currency exist in this word which has higher value
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: