Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:07:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still use bitcoins if the price would be stable?  (Read 2007 times)
eriwis

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

I am pretty much interested to know how many people here use bitcoin because of its system, because of the anonymous and the security it provides, and because of the fact that it is really easy to transact over the internet, and there's no one who can just block your account(unlike PayPal, a platform that provides an easy way to pay over the internet, but you rely on PayPal to keep your account open).

So, are you guys using bitcoin because of its nature, or because it's a financial tool for making money?

I use Bitcoin just as an investment asset. And the investment goal is to buy coins at a low price and expect the coin to rise in price in a few months or even years. So if the price is stable Bitcoin means that if to invest is not going to be profitable anymore, maybe if one day the price is stable means more suitable to be a tool of transactions in everyday life.
nitammys

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:28:02 AM

probably not anymore,
for me the bitcoin is special because the price fluctuations change significantly. So if the price is stable, bitcoin will leave a continuing weakness to date, namely the legality of each country. People will feel free with fiat money that is clearly legal in any country and no worries during a visit abroad
Weakness because of stability? Grin Well, it would not actually be fun for traders anymore in that instance, but with respect to weakness, I am not sure what you are trying to drive at with that. The main essence of bitcoin as a currency will still be there and it will always serve its purpose of easily making transactions without border barriers and apparently, anyone who is here for just bitcoin being a speculative asset will never get that.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:37:08 AM

First of all, the price of bitcoin will not be stable. That is why it is called volatile. And this is because of the demand of bitcoin in the present market. People would still use bitcoin whatever happens because bitcoin price will never be stable. That makes it more interesting.
And it is that volatility that makes the whole cryptocurrency space tick. It is good for traders anyway and I have been enjoying the volatility and for those worrying themselves already with their comments as if bitcoin is already stable, they really do not need to bother themselves much.

All the above, even if at all it gets stable to a point that the volatility is no longer high, it will still be usable for me for a lot of things that we cannot even start mentioning but for most of it, transaction purposes.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:00:04 AM

I would probably slukavil saying that I use bitcoin because of its anonymity and safety. Most likely because of the possibility of earning money on the volatile market.

Well said,  for me i will still use btc if the is stsble yet stable at the high rates probably. This would be an advantage to us and to those who has already a big amount of btc.

Yes, its definately a big advantage once the price of bitcoin is concern when its volatility pump it's highest value in the market. But this will not be stable like gold having increasing its value every year. Volatility of bitcoin comes in advantage and disadvantage. The disadvantage is unpredictable like what the current price today that amazingly fall.
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:22:11 AM

Why wouldn't I? These two potentialities highlighted by you is even enough for A Bitcoin addict to stick to Bitcoin during it's instability, not to now talk of when it is stabled. I cherished Bitcoin for it's volatility that keeps it going in the Crypto world, as I equally adore Bitcoin for it's Financial benefits since I know my ways in this field of on line Digital store of value.
Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:36:07 AM

I am pretty much interested to know how many people here uses bitcoin because of it's system, because of the anonymous and the security it provides, and because of the fact that it is really easy to transact over the internet, and there's no one who can just block your account(unlike paypal, a platform that provides an easy way to pay over the internet, but you rely on PayPal to keep your account open).

So, are you guys using bitcoin because of it's nature, or because it's a financial tool of making money?

I pretty much still would because I wouldn't have any use for the bitcoin that I currently have. Although, investing on it again would be irrelevant because of the fact that bitcoin is not volatile anymore. If it's value would be consistent then people would look for a different coin where they can invest on because of it's volatility and potentially earn money.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:17:54 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 05:31:01 PM by Kevin77

Why wouldn't I? These two potentialities highlighted by you is even enough for A Bitcoin addict to stick to Bitcoin during it's instability, not to now talk of when it is stabled. I cherished Bitcoin for it's volatility that keeps it going in the Crypto world, as I equally adore Bitcoin for it's Financial benefits since I know my ways in this field of on line Digital store of value.
Yes, I will and always will. My main reason to having some bitcoin to myself anyway is to be able to make transactions across border without the government breathing down my neck and bitcoin has been able to solve that, so why would I want to stop using it because it is stable. The increase in value most times is just a plus to my holding, but who really cares as what I have been holding for the past 4 years anyway has increased more than I would spend all at once if it stabilizes.
A_Green

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:52:00 PM

I use bitcoin because I hope to make money on it. I'm not sure it would be interesting to me if I didn't see the prospects of earning in it. Although now you can buy goods in online stores for bitcoin.
laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:59:38 PM

I am pretty much interested to know how many people here uses bitcoin because of it's system, because of the anonymous and the security it provides, and because of the fact that it is really easy to transact over the internet, and there's no one who can just block your account(unlike paypal, a platform that provides an easy way to pay over the internet, but you rely on PayPal to keep your account open).

So, are you guys using bitcoin because of it's nature, or because it's a financial tool of making money?

I think that no one will use bitcoins if the price of cryptocurrency is stable because they will really not earn profit if the price is not growing or increasing periodically. Different people are using bitcoins in order for them to earn profit in the future when the prices in the market increase its value again.
devil jin

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:02:54 PM

Yes for sure because the reason that it can give me an opportunity to gain and earn money even without a physical job was already a great thing Bitcoin has provided so if the price will be just stable, I will still get into using it for good just to continuously grant my needs and wants and also to support our financial needs. It wll be great if Bitcoin's price will be held into a real high price so that the equivalent value will be still a high amount to become more beneficial for its users.

really01

Activity: 150
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:27:56 PM

to understand properly. Bitcoin is a currency that is not guaranteed by any organization. Their value is entirely based on the community of users, who believe in its nature. So bitcoin to me is both, a tool to make money and a kind of transaction in the future.
icopir

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:55:50 PM

perhaps, but I think that if I do so, I most likely will use bitcoin to save my funds when it becomes stable in price
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:36:34 AM

Yes, I will and always will. My main reason to having some bitcoin to myself anyway is to be able to make transactions across border without the government breathing down my neck and bitcoin has been able to solve that, so why would I want to stop using it because it is stable. The increase in value most times is just a plus to my holding, but who really cares as what I have been holding for the past 4 years anyway has increased more than I would spend all at once if it stabilizes.
because many people think most bitcoin users are investors, where many users like fluctuations because it gives a rich possibility in one night, whereas there are many users who use bitcoin not just to invest, for example you are using bitcoin for transactions and sending money of course stable prices will not too influential.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:27:11 AM

I use bitcoin because of its nature and bitcoin is a nice virtual currency to be invested because many predictions say that in the future bitcoin will be very expensive.
ReceiptCoin
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:33:36 AM

If the price was stable I would use it to pay people, but I might still save my money in a bank or invest in something. It's still great for paying without worrying if paypal is going to steal your money.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:33:53 AM

I invested into bitcoin because of the feature it has and the fact that it is still new so the prospect of growing is very high. I think bitcoin will become mainstream if its price stabilizes and of course as a believer I will definitely use it.
Emitdama

Activity: 1764
Merit: 328

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:44:34 AM

Yes! I will still use it, in spite of its unstable condition, I believe bitcoin is not only a matter of price value although it is really important but with its many feature one can truly benefit from it..using it makes everyone at ease and secure.
That isn’t a problem. Being unstable you can’t say bitcoins would be making loss for you. Rather there are chances to lift your investment up by relating home to bitcoins. Volatility is the nature of them. And believe me if this changing nature become faded, bitcoins would be losing their charm and popularity. Everyone is investing in bitcoins and getting handsome earnings to make their lives happier.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:50:38 AM

I use Bitcoin as an easy-to-access financial transaction tool, but bitcoin also brings me many benefits such as getting a number of benefits. I would probably say that Bitcoin is a penomenal in the world's financial system right now, I can confirm that more people who invest on Bitcoin than use it as a currency. That is a reasonable thing indeed because currently the infrastructure is not adequate in some areas, we need a computer / smartphone and internet access to be able to conduct transactions. Slow but sure, when in the future all the facilities are met then the use of Bitcoin will increase and this could be a way to get to Bitcoin that can be used by more people in the world.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:39:57 PM

I would be happy to use bitcoin even if the price would be stable because that is a peace of mind for me and i don't need to worry for the fast price changes in the market because all i need to do is to just stick my attention to bitcoin since the price is not a problem for me so i can just work hard and earn more money without having a high risk of losing profits.
liivii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:54:50 PM

If bitcoin add more features to it and continue developing its system bitcoin have a big chance of having a stable price. For me no matter what happen to bitcoin as long as it helps me in my financial needs I would still continue to support it. And if the price of it become stable then more countries will start to implement it and gradually establishments will add bitcoin as one of their payment options. Bitcoin will start to become more popular and will last for more decades.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: