Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:26:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bittrex removing trade history ?? what is their reason for this?  (Read 158 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:15:54 AM

it is a pain in the ass actually......... how can we force them to bring that back? Every other exchange has trade history right there for you to look at.

michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:20:22 AM

Perhaps because bittrex is registered in the us, they are regulated by the SEC.
So clearing past trading history is good for their next development? Embarrassed Huh

aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:30:07 AM

Bittrex has been doing that for some time now. They are one of the shittiest exchanges that haven't stayed up to date with the current exchange norms. They apparently do it to prevent their servers from having to spend extra resources in looking up the trade history for a user.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:48:03 PM

Bittrex has been doing that for some time now. They are one of the shittiest exchanges that haven't stayed up to date with the current exchange norms. They apparently do it to prevent their servers from having to spend extra resources in looking up the trade history for a user.

that is disgraceful... every other exchange has trade history. There should be pressure to reintroduce this vital part of trading.

Also whats with the deleting the orders from the order book after a while.

these 2 things are quite annoying and detrimental to trading there.

Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:54:04 PM

I think it's just a temporary technical error. Bittrex is a good and reliable time-tested exchange. I think soon we will be available again trading history.

cryptomngr

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:58:53 PM

I wont be using bittrex if that happens,what if there will be some hacking incident how would they assure that our funds would be safely back to our wallets if they will remove these transactions history?that is the worst thing that they can do to their user,we need to be sure that those transactions will be from us and not from the hackers.

Bonanzabits

Activity: 364
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:20:56 PM

It's an understandable process. It's new trend of cryptomarkets on US jurisdiction. "Big uncles" already got a cool toy - Poloniex, Bittrex is next. Yeah, i think so. Lets think about this, what price of bittrex with turbid history, and without? Dig? So we are all witnesses of how "big uncles" are systematically trying to absorb as much bitcoin as possible.. What can we really do? HODL? I think this is not enough..  Undecided
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:53:55 PM

I wont be using bittrex if that happens,what if there will be some hacking incident how would they assure that our funds would be safely back to our wallets if they will remove these transactions history?that is the worst thing that they can do to their user,we need to be sure that those transactions will be from us and not from the hackers.

they have the trade history but you  have to csv it every time and it is a pain in the ass

mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:55:27 PM

I'm pretty sure it's just to free up capacity on their servers, the same with the removing of orders in the order book after a while of them being outside a % of the price.

You can still get your full order history in CSV it just requires some time to format it so you can actually understand it because it's all over the place.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:00:30 PM

it is a pain in the ass actually......... how can we force them to bring that back? Every other exchange has trade history right there for you to look at.

Yes, they are making the process a bit complicated by removing the trade history from past some day and it makes difficult to track all the previous trades and coins buy and sell for further. I think we should report it to them or ask them to restore all the history as most of the other crypto exchange never delete the history of the traced from the start of the account and it is a very important part for any trader.
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:11:23 PM

Recently, the Bittrex exchange is behaving very strangely. I think that this is due to the fact that it has become fully regulated, we can not allow other exchanges to become similar. Therefore, the community has long begun to develop decentralized exchanges.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: