Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:24:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No mining hardware is worth buying  (Read 15186 times)
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:09:14 PM

you are right. I wish i invested my money tto btc instead of buying miners

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:43:18 PM

Paying $18+ per GH today hoping someone dumber than you will pa $20 is well stupid.

I humbly disagree. Why is that stupid if the probability of that event is high? Current price on CEX.io (expressed in USD) is $22.64, currently I've put a buy order for all BTC I have there on $18.89. Many times already happens that I buy 5% cheaper and sell 5-10% more. Don't get why do you think my current buy order is stupid?

Why not go to Crypsty, if what you want to do is trade?
The difference with cex ghash shares is that they are guaranteed to fall in value, in terms of the BTC/day they generate.
Price may not have caught up with that fall in value yet, but eventually it must.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
rampalija

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:19:13 PM

Paying $18+ per GH today hoping someone dumber than you will pa $20 is well stupid.

I humbly disagree. Why is that stupid if the probability of that event is high? Current price on CEX.io (expressed in USD) is $22.64, currently I've put a buy order for all BTC I have there on $18.89. Many times already happens that I buy 5% cheaper and sell 5-10% more. Don't get why do you think my current buy order is stupid?

The difference with cex ghash shares is that they are guaranteed to fall in value, in terms of the BTC/day they generate.
Price may not have caught up with that fall in value yet, but eventually it must.

so it is not profitable to be short and not to discuss Smiley

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:42:51 PM

What's wrong with a little trading? + I like the idea of a mining while trading. You can't have that on Crypsty. + I like the idea of determining the real price of GHs, and exchange is the right place for that.

And what's the problem trading with something that's guaranteed to fall in value? There are million things that are guaranteed to fall in value and people trade with them all the time.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:10:12 AM

What's wrong with a little trading? + I like the idea of a mining while trading. You can't have that on Crypsty. + I like the idea of determining the real price of GHs, and exchange is the right place for that.

And what's the problem trading with something that's guaranteed to fall in value? There are million things that are guaranteed to fall in value and people trade with them all the time.

I guess you just have to watch every 10 days or so...to make sure your ROI outpaces the fall in value... As the next stage of ASIC miners come into play...it should fall down to .05 GHS.... at some point, they will need to start selling them in THS =)

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:57:06 PM

Right, lets buy mining equipment!

1+1=-10

Actually....
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:42:22 PM

There is, just wait until the ASIC war is over and the difficulty stay the same Smiley
rampalija

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:43:54 PM

There is, just wait until the ASIC war is over and the difficulty stay the same Smiley

Difficulty wipl never stay the same it will always rise and rise cuz of new mibers coming8l

utarinues

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:45:29 PM

True, might happen next year (late probably).

Worth the wait, the 1 TH miners will cost like GPU
rampalija

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:52:16 PM

It will never ROI

rpg

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:10:43 PM

It will never ROI

what everyone seems to forget is that for the diff to double from here it requires 4000 1T machines. Its not going to happen as fast as most people thinks
rampalija

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:36:24 PM

It will never ROI

what everyone seems to forget is that for the diff to double from here it requires 4000 1T machines. Its not going to happen as fast as most people thinks

every new miner who comes to mine BTC is taking a pice of your pie, and what is wilth ppl whoose ordered mineres are still in delivery

derpcoin

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:58:57 PM

Yes I will stop mining just to reduce the competition and have a short minded blow out.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:06:01 PM

It will never ROI

BFL alone estimates they can make 1000 Monarchs/day. So could happen in just one week sometimes early next year Smiley
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:18:28 PM

It will never ROI

BFL alone estimates they can make 1000 Monarchs/day. So could happen in just one week sometimes early next year Smiley

BFL estimates are usually very accurate...

rpg

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:48:58 PM

It will never ROI

BFL estimates are usually very accurate...

there you go  Grin written in stone. As the price of equipment goes up the universe of miners willing to put 1000's into a asic is reduced and that will level difficulty.
beegatewood

Activity: 297

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:05:51 PM

It will never ROI

Hahahaha, their estimates are so accurate, delayed more then a year for some of the products they sold...

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:57:23 PM

My 0.01 BTC worth...

1 - From an ROI perspective, it doesn't make sense to buy any hardware available right now at today's prices.

2 - If you want to invest, invest in BTC.

3 - Presumably because of #2 is why the value of BTC continues to climb.  The investors have nothing else to do with their money.

4 - At some point people want to start selling BTC to make a profit.  When that happens, the price of BTC stabilizes or falls.

5 - Hardware manufacturers and resellers have a problem right now.  They're invested in manufacturer/reselling ASICs and people are catching on to point #1 above.

6 - Something has to come from #5.  I suspect more than one ASIC company is going to go belly up because no one wants their hardware at the price they need to sell to break even, let alone make a profit.  Resellers are going to hurt too.  Watch for fire sales, but buy wisely not emotionally.  1/2 off normal price is probably still too much.

7 - As someone stated above, there is an ASIC bubble right now.  Horsepower is thru the roof.  Hard to make an honest BTC anywhere.  (Day trading is not honest.)

8 - Something has to come from #7.  I too think we're going to see a decrease in hashpower at some point, but I think the bubble has to get bigger first.

9 - Don't trust a word BFL says.  Their motto is a "there's a sucker born every minute".

10 - Seems to me the making of a perfect storm are here.  Be careful, there aren't going to be many winners in how this plays out.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
willisblackburn

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:34:39 PM

Really?  One company--Cointerra--claims that they're going to deliver 2,000 terahashes of hashing capacity in December alone.

Or think about it this way.  If the difficulty increases 25% for each of the next three intervals--which of course it will, it's not like the ASIC vendors are closing up shop--then the difficulty will double.  And an interval is like 10 days now, so we're talking a month.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:25:58 PM

It isn't profitable to mine anymore but, without our miners there would be no transactions going through!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: