Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is way behind at mobile payments  (Read 4857 times)
victorhing
Legendary

Activity: 1435
Merit: 1123

CoinRoyale.com

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 07:30:02 PM

Money Drop looks really good. One thing that bugs me (a lil bit) about Bitcoin is the trouble of scanning/pasting the address. Wonder if the CoinBase guys are building something similar to this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:11:25 PM

Money Drop looks really good. One thing that bugs me (a lil bit) about Bitcoin is the trouble of scanning/pasting the address. Wonder if the CoinBase guys are building something similar to this?

Bugs me too. Imagine you could send the information with sound or similar ?

https://bips.me/connect/Chirping%20Bitcoins.pptx
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:26:51 PM

Y'all gotta see Gliph. There's a web version and an android version in addition to the iOS version pictured below...But Gliph is about way more than sending bitcoins easily...ever send a secure text message? With Gliph you can, and it's free. It's basically replaced pgp amongst my important contacts.

That looks good.  I have mycellium right now only, but don't use it much.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 11:12:46 PM

Y'all gotta see Gliph. There's a web version and an android version in addition to the iOS version pictured below...But Gliph is about way more than sending bitcoins easily...ever send a secure text message? With Gliph you can, and it's free. It's basically replaced pgp amongst my important contacts.

That looks good.  I have mycellium right now only, but don't use it much.

Mycellium? I had to google it (I'm not an android guy...yet...mycellium looks cool)....to me mycellium is something I write a prescription to treat Smiley

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Seth Otterstad (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:16:36 AM

Last I checked, Glyph was closed source, so it is not secure and you cannot use it to replace PGP.  The interface seems good for sending bitcoins to friends though.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 03:35:12 AM

Last I checked, Glyph was closed source, so it is not secure and you cannot use it to replace PGP.  The interface seems good for sending bitcoins to friends though.

Closed != insecure

And yes, I rarely use PGP anymore...it was a PITA to begin with.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 07:01:10 AM

Closed != insecure

And yes, I rarely use PGP anymore...it was a PITA to begin with.

Enigmail for Thunderbird is working smoother than command line.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 07:42:52 AM

Closed != insecure

Let's be honest here. Closed = "secure because we say so" at best, because it is unverifiable by third parties.

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: