Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google too closing crypto ads  (Read 815 times)
sjbi (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:53:25 PM

Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

How possible could this be. I do not think google will follow suit with facebook or twitter to block ICO projects ad. This is the major platform used for advertisements by most of these projects. I feel this night be FUD and to cause another panic i the crypto space. Until i come across other sources, then i will believe and confirm it is true. Moreover, i have not seen any ad. blocked of recent.
CryptoCa$hSieb

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:02:27 PM

How possible could this be. I do not think google will follow suit with facebook or twitter to block ICO projects ad. This is the major platform used for advertisements by most of these projects. I feel this night be FUD and to cause another panic i the crypto space. Until i come across other sources, then i will believe and confirm it is true. Moreover, i have not seen any ad. blocked of recent.

I hope this is all just a bunch of FUD as well.  A blanket ban will definalety hinder legitimate projects from reaching their target audience.  Its up to the individuals to do their research into specific projects prior to their investment. 
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:05:33 PM

They are banning fraudulant ico ads i guess, with the massive acceptance and upgradation of everything to blockchain, it will not take long before platforms like facebook and google will also implement blockchain technology in their platforms as well.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:07:41 PM

Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.

It could not be otherwise, people are crazy about icos and show no knowledge nor desire to build up their knowledge so they get scammed all the time. But that should change eventually. Too bad.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:10:10 PM

With to many scam ICOs using these advertising platforms it's not an accident to see Google jumping in the game. Even if project is legit their ads are basic like "have you heard of bitcoin? Well buy tinto this ICO and get rich!" Since many websites use google ads then you can reach to huge list of audiences to whom you can market your product. At least this is one thing where I agree on google because they did this move.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:15:31 PM

Once Google shuts the door on crypto ads related to ICOs, then it will be much more difficult for teams to create awareness for their ICO.

The marketing teams behind serious ICO projects will have to come up with creative and effective new strategies that have never been used to create awareness to prospective investors.

On the plus side, shitty projects will have to work thrice as hard and spend resources to reach prospective investors.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:20:45 PM

I don't know if this news is real or not cause I still see a lot of advertisement related to ICO and cryptocurrency on Google. Beside I don't think Google will deny a big income source like cryptocurrency Smiley. Let see if this news is truthworthy or not cause atm there are a lot of FUD and a lot of people are trying to take advantage of news to ruin the crypto world.

Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:22:51 PM

Oh, I think this is very good because most google adds were just shitty ICOs. Now we have more room to do campaigns here in Bitcointalk where people know more about cryptos.

True that, most of them are literally scam and we should get rid of them. it's much better to have less ICO but with a higher quality.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
danilogmachado

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:27:57 PM

I think these big companies, in fact, are afraid of the proportions that companies can launch Gigantic icos like TELEGRAM, and surpass them in collection and market value.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:28:45 PM

It may slow down the ico bubble, I think very good projects don't need advertisement too much, it is easy to make an ico and collect money for them. This is rather a problem for little projects and scam ones
serkhio

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:30:38 PM

I have a question, u mentioned that the twitter and Facebook banned the ICO information. While there are many media bounty campaign required participants to share the official sites or post some related information. So all these campaign will be scammer?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
danilogmachado

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:32:19 PM

they can not ban posts, but ads will be banned
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:36:53 PM

If this happens, we should count it a good thing. Facebook did it and the crypto community is still bubbling after that. It only goes to put a bit of sanity on the whole frenzy. Besides, ICOs have become scam ventures now with devs only out to steal public funds and then scamper to safety. I believe this should help put a regulation on ICOs. It's a welcome development, for me.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:38:37 PM

All this is due to the fact that some projects that place their advertising are scammers. According to this Google, Facebook, thus do not take responsibility. Maybe this is correct ...
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:31:23 PM

But there is a way to promote ico. If we are seeing those companies are only banning ico banner. It seems personal advertisement through the timeline will to be allowed by facebook or twitter as long as that can't be considered as another spam.

Just waiting for the more news regarding it soon.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blankcurb

Activity: 90
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:33:24 PM

It is a reasonable decision by Google. We know for sure that most ICOs are Scam. I am just sad cause the honest business that works with cryptos and blockchain will not be able to advertise their product, and that is a lost.

Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:49:21 PM

Not all crypto adds are prohibited by Google Adsense.
I read the Cointelegraph's Article "Some" That means other advertisers have been banned because of "Misleading" information.

Because it has a big risk scam project!

If it is reviewed carefully,
It is our favor for investors / bounty hunters because we can avoid joining the scam project and do not waste our time and of course the investment we worked hard.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:51:04 PM

If its true many scam ICO will lessen but do you think google would reject if the offer of payment is too high? for banning the ICO in the google I think this one is a fud so that many investor would panic to sell their coin in a cheap price and many people would buy on the lower price then they will have a huge profit when the price goes up.
Akosibatman

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:28:08 PM

I think they are banning crypto ads because there is growing number of people who are engaging to crypto without a knowledge on how it works. In this way ICO scam will be lessen and legit ICO will remain
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: