Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:51:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your bitcoin online wallet from hackers  (Read 365 times)
Christian108

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:01:31 AM

Just do not share your private key to any one becomes if you gave this they can access your wallet and get all you've got in your wallet this is very important the wallet so you most not gave it to others.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:55:20 AM

Thanks for the help on how to do securing for bitcoin account in the market, I have also done something like that, and I always use 2FA code because it is very good for me to do in securing my account.
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:22:06 AM

create a difficult password and add safeguards such as a vpn or use the application so that the ip is not easily detected by hackers and create a strong bottom line protection or use anti-virus to avoid problems and hackers easy entry.
MoeKaloolon

Activity: 115

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:49:25 PM

Put difficult passwords in place, keep passkeys safe, enable two factor verification to log into your wallet so that login in will require both your password and your phones combined. This is what I do
abamatinde77

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

use 2FA to protect your account! or email verificator
spiritguardcharles

Activity: 104
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

Always used some private browsers and you should avoid connecting to public networks in public places because there's a higher chances of getting hacked by using public networks even though you're using a private browser still you all have a one source in which gives the advantages to hackers through IP address.Also,used some application who had some safety features such as email verificator which reminds you when someone is using your account.

http://www.ARBITAO.com
      THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
[          PRE-SALE starts on July 1st          ]
Btcmarmipp2

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:15:56 PM

For me, to protect your bitcoin from hackers is that:
 1. avoid clicking link that unknown sender.
 2. Do not reply emails which you think it is a spam.
 3. Do not save your wallet in an online or emails.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:43:40 PM

Always use strong VPN that'll encrypt your connection when accessing your bitcoin wallet.
Always use strong password and you may also use password manager if you like e.g. LastPass
Always enable the 2FA in your bitcoin wallet and use Google Authenticator to secure your wallet  
Install anti-browser pop-up to prevent you from going to phishing site accidentally e.g. AdblockPlus

Feel free to contribute with more tips.
You need to create different email then always create different username and password because there's a lot of links here that you need to click so even they know your account already still they will hack only one of your account,Moreover always activate 2fa so even they know your account still they will not hack your coins

kakoli akter jhumu

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:50:14 PM

Yeah Thanks for your informative post.we should avoid phishing site to get rid from hackers. We some people always get greedy while we see temptational link!!we should avoid suspicious site too
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:55:31 PM

The best way to keep your Bitcoin safe is using off wallet or coldstorage wallet. LOL. With online wallet you only can set up 2fa for your wallet, it's the best thing you can do to keep your online wallet safe. Beside, don't click on any link you received via email if you can't ensure that it's safe cause there are a lot of fake email contain viurs link so you'll lose everything if you're not be careful

cschy01

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:00:19 PM

You already said all the way to protect wallet from hackers.So why you ask us? Anyway There are many way to protect your wallet from hackers among them 2FA is best and strong security i think.2FA means two factor authentication security system.Every time you have to use a secrete code while you want to login in your profile and it will provide you when you registered in google authentication system.Except this code you can not login your account.
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:35:52 PM

Always use strong VPN that'll encrypt your connection when accessing your bitcoin wallet.
Always use strong password and you may also use password manager if you like e.g. LastPass
Always enable the 2FA in your bitcoin wallet and use Google Authenticator to secure your wallet 
Install anti-browser pop-up to prevent you from going to phishing site accidentanlly e.g. AdblockPlus

Everything you said is referring to Online Wallets. You shouldn't use them in the first place as they are the least secure type of wallet out there. Using desktop wallet or even bretter hardware wallet as its the best current standards are offering will give you the most protection.
Most beginners start with bitcoin online wallets. they are exposed to the dangers of online threats such as phishing sites and other forms malicious activities online. hackers take advantage of newcomers and the ones learning about bitcoin with no prior knowledge on how or where to save their bitcoins securely.   
really, especially for newcomers should be very careful because some of my friends have been hacked and make their wallets drained by hackers and I strongly recommend to wear offline wallet.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:51:25 PM

Install anti-browser pop-up to prevent you from going to phishing site accidentally e.g. AdblockPlus

I think it's all, opening a link that is not clear from the email or links in social media is not recommended, always be careful  Wink

Bryan13

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:16:10 PM

For me. You can protect your bitcoin online wallet by using a very strong password. Or do not tell to anyone or show it to any one. You can trust is yourself only. Or keep secure your password or private key. And try to install adblock so you cant be redirected to phising sites. You can also enable 2fa in your wallet and use google authenticator to secure your account. And lastly you can use vpn to encryt your connection in accessing your account. So for this thing you can protect your online wallet from hackers.
Cryptohad

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:06:33 PM

thanks for the suggestion, and also do not forget to delete the code again after opening the wallet.

and avoid slow connections. I think a lot of tips that can secure our wallets.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:41:44 PM

A friend of mine that is an avid investor and enthusiast of bitcoin just lost a huge amount of his investments simply just from mistakingly putting his bitcoin username and password online. I am pretty much aware that bitcoin's security is very strong. In fact all reported cases of bitcoin hacking and theft were caused by human error. So I think discipline and vigilance as well as carefulness when using your bitcoins is tge only thing you are required to do to save your cryptocurrencies from hackers.
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:49:41 PM

Use a decent antivirus for your computer,add metamask extension it is the recommended by myetherwallet itself so that your private keys will be encrypted when you are using decentralized exchanges like etherdelta or forkdelta,and it has an added protection which will prompt you from getting into potential phishing websites,most importantly use hardwallet ledger or trezor will do.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
Toden1379

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:55:41 PM

I use a Ledger wallet to store my long term coins. Sort of like it is my bank which I can carry around with me and use on a laptop just in case I need to transact. For online wallets, everything you said is about it.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
Gramna

Activity: 197
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:57:23 PM

To protect your Bitcoin online wallet from hackers, you should be careful; don't  let anyone to have your password and protect you wallet code.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Manc89

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:04:59 AM

Install anti-browser pop-up to prevent you from going to phishing site accidentanlly e.g. AdblockPlus

Everything you said is referring to Online Wallets. You shouldn't use them in the first place as they are the least secure type of wallet out there. Using desktop wallet or even bretter hardware wallet as its the best current standards are offering will give you the most protection.
Most beginners start with bitcoin online wallets. they are exposed to the dangers of online threats such as phishing sites and other forms malicious activities online. hackers take advantage of newcomers and the ones learning about bitcoin with no prior knowledge on how or where to save their bitcoins securely.   

I am also beginner but i am never lose my wallet so far because of hacking.
I am happy because i read a lot about this and not jump into phising threat.
I hope senior member here can educate ne comer how to prevent such hack to the wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: