Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE - ON HAND] BitFury 16 Chip Boards 41.7Gh/s 3.69BTC  (Read 11695 times)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:07:40 PM

Interested in 10. Looking forward to seeing a working demo.

Edit: After further consideration, delivery by Nov 1 @ 6 BTC is not worthwhile given current trends. Price of this needs to be closer to 3.5-4 BTC per board to be relevant.
http://imgur.com/P7704wy,xsYKb6n,MJvxwfp,QPE3Hc4,ttKt34i,WcQq3kC,MCWkVXY,BLdzwk7#7

I have these for now, fully finished boards should be done within 72 hours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:49:27 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 07:10:12 PM by bobsag3

Hey BobSag what do you think we could offer as far as hosting is concerned on these boards?
Pretty cheap.

Also for those that want pictures, the completed proto boards can be found here:
http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/2-black-arrows-16x-bitfury-board/

Latest numbers has them hashing ~40ghash, but software is still being worked on. The rest of the PCBs go into assembly tomorrow night.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:39:24 AM

Nice work gents!

Let us hope the BTC price rise gives these units a bit longer life.

Gives you a good feeling about Black Arrow to see that with a design, chips you get a miner lickety-split!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:23:13 AM

As we are closer to the date/ final hashrates, we have adjusted the price.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:19:27 PM

funny how only 3-4 days ago you were defending a 6.3BTC/$999 pricing. what about the fact that current exchange rate puts 6BTC = >$1000?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:24:27 PM

funny how only 3-4 days ago you were defending a 6.3BTC/$999 pricing. what about the fact that current exchange rate puts 6BTC = >$1000?
Well we adjust the price as the market changes, so if BTC keeps going up I will keep dropping the price. Also if you ordered sooner for a higher price- they will/have gotten refunds for the difference. And as the board becomes less of a preorder and closer to the date I will have them I have more and more up to date actual costs, and can lower the price accordingly.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:30:11 PM

What settings do you use to get a board to 50GH/s?

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:32:30 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 08:27:22 PM by bobsag3

What settings do you use to get a board to 50GH/s?
The 50ghash is not guaranteed, but according to BA they will be OC'able thru the mining software on the Pi. I will clarify this question with them when we have the final board done. Otherwise the 41.7 is at 2.7/chip, and the last I head (18 hours ago) the prototype boards were doing ~39 with 1-2% errors (software needs tuning, have reached out to Kano for his assistance already)

Also:

1/4 of the boxes I ordered have arrived, along with all the international customs forms I will need. And Cats. In Boxes
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:13:38 PM

And Cats. In Boxes

Your cat looks quite a lot like mine :O

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM

And Cats. In Boxes

Your cat looks quite a lot like mine :O

His name is snickers, and he is quite an idiot. Runs into walls all the time.
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 12:51:31 AM

I am going to have to get a board or 2 just because i love seal point siamese..
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:53:47 AM

I am going to have to get a board or 2 just because i love seal point siamese..
Smiley
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:29:47 AM

How do these connect to a Pi? Via usb??

I have no need for a Pi, I already have a Unix computer up and running doing various things...

Which version of CGminer supports these and how can I connect them up to a regular computer? Thanks !

Thinking of ordering a couple or more. When would these ship if I ordered them today?

Thanks.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:39:39 AM

How do these connect to a Pi? Via usb??

I have no need for a Pi, I already have a Unix computer up an running.

Which version of CGminer support these and how can I connect them up to a regular computer? Thanks !

Thinking of ordering a couple or more. When would these ship if I ordered them today?

Thanks.

They connect to the via Ribbon cable, and are required to function. Kano has been shipped a board, so will have latest cgminer support.
They will ship on or before Nov 1, or your refunded.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:45:03 AM

Fingers crossed that cat didn't piss on your board! LOL!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
pppooppl

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:36:43 AM

Where can i get Ribbon cable for BitFury Board <--> Rpi
and cable for BitFury  Board <--> BitFury Board if i buy more than 1 board?
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 04:22:39 AM

and cable for BitFury  Board <--> BitFury Board if i buy more than 1 board?

This board should be less than $349 to make any money today.

In a month, it will not even make sense to buy it at $149. IMHO.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:43:27 PM

and cable for BitFury  Board <--> BitFury Board if i buy more than 1 board?

All included if you order atleast one for the rPI > BitFury
If you buy 2 or more, all the SPI cables needed will be included.

First 100 PCBs have been delivered from the factory, unto testing!
whitefeather

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:23:52 PM

Interesting product. A few questions, if you don't mind:

1) Supplying power to the unit: I see a barrel type power connector (I think) near the on/off switch. Can you address the type of connector we will need to supply power to the unit? I have some barrel type plugs on cables (created and sold by cablez, member on this forum, see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0) connected to a PSU that I used to power BFL FPGA units at one time, and are now powering BFL Jalapenos. Can I use these? If not, can you recommend, or better yet, sell us something to power these boards?

2) Daisy chaining: How many units can we daisy chain together such that we use only one RPi?

3) You note "Includes only the board itself. Power cable and Raspberry Pi not included" in the OP. What is that board that is connected to the bottom of the RPi? I get the BitFury 16X board, the RPi, but what is that thing connected to the bottom of the RPi?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:34:06 PM

Interesting product. A few questions, if you don't mind:

1) Supplying power to the unit: I see a barrel type power connector (I think) near the on/off switch. Can you address the type of connector we will need to supply power to the unit? I have some barrel type plugs on cables (created and sold by cablez, member on this forum, see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0) connected to a PSU that I used to power BFL FPGA units at one time, and are now powering BFL Jalapenos. Can I use these? If not, can you recommend, or better yet, sell us something to power these boards?

2) Daisy chaining: How many units can we daisy chain together such that we use only one RPi?

3) You note "Includes only the board itself. Power cable and Raspberry Pi not included" in the OP. What is that board that is connected to the bottom of the RPi? I get the BitFury 16X board, the RPi, but what is that thing connected to the bottom of the RPi?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

1) I think there is both a barrel-connector and the 4 pin green connector the blade uses, via 12V. Power usage is going to be between .9w/ghash to 1.3w/ghash.
We will be offering for sale both types of power connectors once I have finalized the best for the price, and a reliable supplier.

2) At minimum 10 (most we have tested so far). Shooting for 20-50 per, but can do 10. Otherwise We will come up with some way to compensate users if extra Pi's are needed

3) The board connected to the bottom of the PI is a controller board, that will also be included with each miner (its technically "part" of the miner thats why we didn't advertise separately)

I hope I answered all your questions.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: