Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:37:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who controls the Bitcoin system?  (Read 1411 times)
Fairy_90 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:23:51 AM

I think nobody can control or own the bitcoin system like they can not control and possess the technology by email and the internet. I think Bitcoin is no different than a mobile application or program that offers a personal Bitcoin wallet and allows users to send and receive Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:37:10 AM

According to Bitcoin.org, nobody owns the Bitcoin network much like no one owns the technology behind email. Bitcoin is controlled by all Bitcoin users around the world. While developers are improving the software, they can't force a change in the Bitcoin protocol because all users are free to choose what software and version they use. In order to stay compatible with each other, all users need to use software complying with the same rules. Bitcoin can only work correctly with a complete consensus among all users. Therefore, all users and developers have a strong incentive to protect this consensus.
Litzy Halminton

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:44:06 AM

I think nobody can control or own the bitcoin system like they can not control and possess the technology by email and the internet. I think Bitcoin is no different than a mobile application or program that offers a personal Bitcoin wallet and allows users to send and receive Bitcoin.
bitcoin is controlled by all of us
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:03:38 AM

There are people who own a very large percentage of the extracted bitcoins.
If they want to change the price, they will do it.

And there is no question of any decentralization!
Bitcoin has become a means of manipulation.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

burdagol12345

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:05:15 AM

Will in my own perception bitcoin will controlled to all us,who being a part of cryptocurrency because we are the one who make our own market and investment trading in the blockchain,but there are some people or other organization who tried to manipulate the cryptocurrency system and  thats group that we called a whales or big player in the market,because sometimes they controlled the trade in the crypto system into there hand, by creating FUD to us.
Tisubasha

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:26:13 AM

Bitcoin is controlled by all its users worldwide. Developers can indeed improve Bitcoin software, but they can not enforce changes in the Bitcoin protocol because all users are free to choose the software and version they want to use. In order to remain compatible with each other, all users need to use software that follows the same rules. Bitcoin works only when there is full consensus among all users.
Prolly11

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:27:28 AM

The majority controls bitcoin. It's a decentralized coin... but it's majority rule. Miners in China could control bitcoin if they invest enough to become the majority. It's already sort of happened before.
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:29:32 AM

As a decentralized system with a complicated design, we are hard to see. There are a number of players with more or less events (for example, miners, holders, exchanges, even developers), but one of them may have more power than the other in terms of improvements to the Bitcoin protocol technology to be performed. Which causes expensive or not Bitcoin prices. Bitcoin holders have the greatest impact on bitcoin prices because of their effect on existing Bitcoin supplies.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:29:54 AM

I suggest you read Satoshi's whitepaper to truly understand bitcoin.

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Bitcoin technology is decentralized, meaning no central authority, no central control. People set-up their machines to become nodes themselves but it doesn't it that they have control. Although they are investors (whales) who usually owns large amount of bitcoin, it doesn't mean that they have control as well.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
pekcoin01

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:43:15 AM

I do not think anybody controls it. Those with big money are affecting the price.

They change the price by making money in and out.

In the past, the coin prices did not go that far.

Good money was earned by buying and selling. Not anymore.
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:57:51 AM

the bitcoin system is a decentralized virtual currency so there is no control or central bitcoin circulation by any party. if anyone thinks that the bitcoin price movement is very volatile because of the intentional elements of certain parties by way of pump or dump in my opinion is not true. the rise and fall of the bitcoin price is highly dependent on market demand if market demand is large, there will certainly be some kind of effect from the rising bitcoin price movement. some of the factors that cause the current decline in bitcoin prices are the decrease in the scale of investors caused by many factors, one of which is some negative news which tend to be very angular about bitcoin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:25:29 AM

The only one who can control bitcoin is its users. the developers only facilitate to provide virtual wallet services to bitcoin users without being able to change the system implemented by bitcoin with blockchain technology. With it, pure bitcoin is controlled by all its users so that the price also depends on the sale and purchase activities in various bitcoin marketplace and price fluctuations through the agreement with the users. However, the unique feature of this technology is that bitcoin transactions are confirmed by miners and recorded on all connected servers around the world.
pocket_lck

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:35:05 AM

I also think that bitcoin does not control and it all depends on all users in terms of rising and falling prices, and players with large capital usually can affect bitcoin prices.
shkon5

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:39:17 AM

Bitcoin is stored locally rather than on the Internet. It is essentially a file stored on your computer, mobile phone, or other hardware device, that is, a bunch of digital signatures generated by calculations, or strings. The circulation of Bitcoin is entirely controlled by the network rather than a third party organization.
elena_rose19

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:43:27 AM

Technically, the one who owns bitcoin are the users/holders itself. So there's no really single entity who can dictate the price of btc but the supply and demand. If one person holds great percentage of btc, he can affect the price in one single movement.
perto01

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:45:16 AM

The idea that investors are the ones who control Bitcoin is not a new idea. Multiple articles and blog posts have been written on the topic over the years.
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:46:49 AM

Ideally there is no one who owns or has a controlling claim to BTC, it has developers who update and improve the operation system in an attempt to make it more efficient. there are however a group of people who owns large number of Bitcoins giving them the power to manipulate the prices, they can easily change the prices if they want to.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:48:41 AM

Bitcoin is stored locally rather than on the Internet. It is essentially a file stored on your computer, mobile phone, or other hardware device, that is, a bunch of digital signatures generated by calculations, or strings. The circulation of Bitcoin is entirely controlled by the network rather than a third party organization.

please don't try to repeat but rephrase what you have read/heard somewhere and only understood half of it. it just makes your statement be weird and misleading.
the thing is, there is no bitcoin to be stored in first place. there are only keys and transactions. the transactions are stored on the public ledger called blockchain and the keys are what you generate/store to be able to spend those transaction outputs.

Only Bitcoin
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:59:46 AM

Actually no one can control the whole system of bitcoin, because of the bitcoin and blockchain is diversified, so this is the advantage that the bitcoin, is also various countries gradually acknowledged that the bitcoin status.

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:01:44 AM

isn't bitcoin has a checkpoint key and alert key that very few core dev team member holds? with these keys they can effectively destroy the coin if they want.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: