Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:56:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🤖[ANN][ICO] - KAMBRIA - Fueling the Robotics and AI Future🤖  (Read 42264 times)
Mishgan27

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:10:47 PM

Robotics is a promising, developing industry. Interesting name of the project. But what about the team? I think on the site you need to add links to the accounts of team members in the network LinkedIn. For investors and bounty hunters, it is important to study the history of the team.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:42:08 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2018, 05:29:32 PM by kambria.io

Robotics is a promising, developing industry. Interesting name of the project. But what about the team? I think on the site you need to add links to the accounts of team members in the network LinkedIn. For investors and bounty hunters, it is important to study the history of the team.

That is great feedback, thank you. I am sending this up for review. So, more on our team:

The founding team for Kambria is the same team for OhmniLabs, which was created in 2015 to create a telepresence robot for people's homes and in healthcare. You can find the website and team here: https://ohmnilabs.com/team

Here is a brief description from the OhmniLabs website: "OhmniLabs makes useful and affordable robots that bring people together. Our robots enable shared experiences that are delightful, engaging and spontaneous - far beyond what video calls can provide. Our state of the art robot provides an unprecedented emotional connection, while allowing for interaction in a way that no existing tool can match. Ohmnilabs robots are made in the USA using lean and scalable manufacturing via 3D printing to enable rapid and low cost products. Our founding team is composed of technical experts from Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, and Google and experienced entrepreneurs who have grown and sold companies in the past."

CEO and Co-founder Dr. Thuc Vu's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thucvu/

CTO and Co-founder Jared Go: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredgo/

COO Dr. Tra Vu: https://www.linkedin.com/in/travu/

I invite you to check out the rest of the team page for LinkedIn as well while I see about adding it to our website. Please, if you have any more questions, ask them here!

https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/v2/?facetCurrentCompany=%5B%2218469073%22%5D
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:34:45 PM

So there is no exact date of token sale? Your tokens will be builded on Ethereum blockchain or Tomochain or you will have own blockchain?

Hey! We will be announcing the terms of our pre-sale in the very near future, including dates. We are currently being built on Ethereum, but I'd like to let you know that we are actually blockchain agnostic, and if ETH becomes unusable for our usecase, then we will move to another blockchain or build our own. Tomochain will assist in helping scale ETH and making it more usable Cheesy

But why you have partnership with Tomochain if you are not going to build tokens on their blockchain? What main gola in your partnerships than?
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:59:56 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 03:05:53 AM by mprep

Special Announcement!

We are pleased to announce an exclusive event that Kambria is hosting in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on Wednesday, November 14th, 2018! We will be hosting a number of established and well-known blockchain investors and entrepreneurs. Our CEO Dr. Thuc Vu will have a fireside chat with Joe Lonsdale, followed by a panel discussion that will focus on important topics, such as how corporations can utilize bleeding-edge technologies in their own businesses. We would like to invite all of you to join us via livestream! We are excited to be a part of building this community for broad social impact. You can find the link in the Medium post below. Thank you for all of your support!

https://medium.com/kambria-network/you-are-cordially-invited-to-a-special-gathering-c34d3850b742

So there is no exact date of token sale? Your tokens will be builded on Ethereum blockchain or Tomochain or you will have own blockchain?

Hey! We will be announcing the terms of our pre-sale in the very near future, including dates. We are currently being built on Ethereum, but I'd like to let you know that we are actually blockchain agnostic, and if ETH becomes unusable for our usecase, then we will move to another blockchain or build our own. Tomochain will assist in helping scale ETH and making it more usable Cheesy

But why you have partnership with Tomochain if you are not going to build tokens on their blockchain? What main gola in your partnerships than?

The community asked TomoChain CEO Long Vuong a very similar question in the AMA. I will link you to the recap here: https://medium.com/kambria-network/ama-with-long-vuong-ceo-and-founder-of-tomochain-10-24-2018-9b8678dcb624

Here was the dialogue:

Can you be more specific in your relationship with Kambria? How will the two companies work together? Any potential examples?

Long: I love what Kambria is doing with Robotics, and AI. The core team is brilliant and hard-working, and I think with the right framework, Kambria can attract a lot of talent, and good projects globally working on cutting-edge technologies such as Big data, Robotics, IOT, new Financial services, etc. Tomochain wants to participate in the ecosystem, offer a permissionless financial system that projects in the Kambria community can take advantage of. We can also co-fund promising projects in the future.

[Moderator] You can also read more about the partnership between TomoChain and Kambria in the following article. We are very proud to have TomoChain as our strategic partner! https://medium.com/kambria-network/kambria-tomochain-partnership-announcement-1d51f50418a5

❓ Did you know? ❓ Kambria is now on Steemit! We have an active account, and we invite you to folow us on Steemit! Here's an article we recently posted about our incredible event we are hosting in Ho Chi Minh City on Wednesday, November 14th! We have a heavy-hitting lineup attending the event, and we are thrilled to be broadcasting the entire event on livestream. You do not want to miss this! Tune-in as Kambria hosts some of the most important names in blockchain and technology.

https://steemit.com/investors/@kambrianetwork/you-are-cordially-invited-to-a-special-gathering

AMA with Jared Go, Kambria Co-Founder & CTO

Please join us for a one-hour Ask-Me-Anything session with Kambria’s Co-Founder & CTO Jared Go on Kambria official Telegram channel https://t.me/KambriaOfficial on Tuesday October 30th 5PM PST.

✔️ About Jared Go
Jared is an avid maker and roboticist, previously CTO and founding member at a networks startup. He has an extensive experience in blockchain, AI, real-time graphics, VR, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering. Jared is a Stanford Graduate Fellow, and has a BS in computer science from Carnegie Mellon University.

✔️ About Kambria
Kambria is an open innovation blockchain project that enables and incentivizes collaboration in R&D, manufacturing, and commercialization of advanced technology. We are developing our own public chain with protocols uniquely designed to address the current waste and inefficiencies in today’s innovation model. Kambria will allow for many verticals, including Biotech, Space, and Autonomous Vehicles, to be developed and thrive in the ecosystem. We are focusing first on the AI and Robotics vertical with the backing of our well-established robotics company, OhmniLabs. Through existing partnerships with top universities and large international corporations, as well as access to talented developers, we aim to build an ecosystem that can bring the next wave of frontier technology to provide value to billions of people around the world.

More info at: kambria.io

We can't wait to see everyone's questions!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:06:48 PM

The community asked TomoChain CEO Long Vuong a very similar question in the AMA. I will link you to the recap here: https://medium.com/kambria-network/ama-with-long-vuong-ceo-and-founder-of-tomochain-10-24-2018-9b8678dcb624

Here was the dialogue:

Can you be more specific in your relationship with Kambria? How will the two companies work together? Any potential examples?

Long: I love what Kambria is doing with Robotics, and AI. The core team is brilliant and hard-working, and I think with the right framework, Kambria can attract a lot of talent, and good projects globally working on cutting-edge technologies such as Big data, Robotics, IOT, new Financial services, etc. Tomochain wants to participate in the ecosystem, offer a permissionless financial system that projects in the Kambria community can take advantage of. We can also co-fund promising projects in the future.

[Moderator] You can also read more about the partnership between TomoChain and Kambria in the following article. We are very proud to have TomoChain as our strategic partner! https://medium.com/kambria-network/kambria-tomochain-partnership-announcement-1d51f50418a5

I thought you will have tokens on Tomochain blockchain. I like this project (Tomo) very much and I think they will have a good blockchain (maiinet in just about one mounth later). So it would be nice to have your project at Tomo blockchain (like this made RedPulse - they were first project on Neo blockchain and they are were very succesfull.)
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:39:57 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 03:57:07 AM by mprep

We also love TomoChain  Grin Long Vuong is a very trusted and close advisor to Kambria. We are actually blockchain agnostic, so if our current implementation cannot scale, we are open to moving to another chain. We love innovation at its core, so we keep an open mind.

Cheers

-William@Kambria

Here was the dialogue:

I thought you will have tokens on Tomochain blockchain. I like this project (Tomo) very much and I think they will have a good blockchain (maiinet in just about one mounth later). So it would be nice to have your project at Tomo blockchain (like this made RedPulse - they were first project on Neo blockchain and they are were very succesfull.)

AMA with Jared Go, Kambria Co-founder and CTO — 10/30/2018 RECAP

Thank you to all of the Kambrians who participated in our AMA with Kambria CTO, Jared Go. Jared is one of the community’s favorite guests because he provides such detailed answers. Below is a summary of our conversation. For clarity, the original text has been lightly edited for grammar and spelling.

If you could not catch the AMA live, please post your question in our main Telegram channel. The team will get back to you quickly.

Hi Jared. What is the plan to attract experienced blockchain developers who also understand the AI world? Experienced devs are getting scarce.

Great question. I think we’ve already built a fairly strong blockchain team but are always looking for good devs to participate in Kambria. But to participate you don’t need to be a blockchain dev alone — we have firmware engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, embedded systems people, AI, and deep learning folks, etc. all collaborating together. That’s really the heart of Kambria and our vision for the community — bringing together people across disciplines with various expertise because some of the hardest problems to solve in the world need cross-disciplinary collaboration.

I think as Kambria and the community grow, we will continue to attract top devs who just want to get stuff done and stop reinventing the wheel all of the time. Those who want to build off of all the good stuff out there, just like no one rewrites Linux to launch a new webapp.

Our hope is that together we make such a compelling, easy-to-use, and affordable set of technologies in robotics and a few other verticals, that companies and entrepreneurs and individuals just start there. Great question!

As there is not much competition for Kambria in robotics and Al in the world, do you think Kambria will benefit?

There is absolutely a huge opportunity and a need for this. Just this week we had a bunch of meetings with professors from Lehigh and other schools interested in working with Kambria. I think we are here at the right time and the right place to really make a difference. The story a professor told me was that it took them 2 years to make their robot base and tablet, and only then could they start doing their human-robot interaction research.

When I described what we are trying to do she was blown away and talked about how useful that was. She had to manually go and buy another really bad cheap arm and cut it apart and spend all this time putting it back together to do what they wanted to do. With Kambria we want to stop reinventing the wheel all the time and make maximum forward progress together.

[Moderator] Here is picture and video from Lehigh’s visit to our office. Lower right corner is Jared controlling the robot arms with VR. https://www.instagram.com/p/BpGihk0Am7q/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=s3ijo9jze54

How much time will it take Kambria to make itself known as the best robotics company?

It’s hard to say, but I think Kambria can have a huge impact quickly in a few years. We will depend on an awesome community like you to really help bootstrap and keep bringing in other interested groups and projects and being active participants.

I really believe in the open collaboration model beating out closed innovation.

Do you have companies lined up and ready to utilize the platform? I understand the theoretical benefits of an open platform. It would be reassuring to know real companies are waiting in the wings and wanting to use Kambria.

We do have companies lined up and ready to participate. For example, we have a large partner that is interested in doing a large deal on a particular vertical on Kambria, bringing hackathons and innovative ideas to their development pipeline. Our goal is to incubate some of the technologies and put them together into an easy to use form, i.e. a really good robotics platform, etc. And we have other large companies already thinking about applying robotics to their own vertical, i.e. cleaning services, hospital monitoring, etc.

The interesting thing is that many of these aren’t traditional robotics companies, they’re companies that have a particular vertical and existing line of business and want to explore how to use robotics in that business. That’s the perfect target for initial Kambria users as they need the help of Kambria tech and community to get what they want completed as fast as possible.

So we think of it like your business of today + our robotics tech and community = your transformed business of the future.

That’s our pitch for a lot of these large companies. We also have a bunch that want to execute on R&D projects faster and better. So far the response has been really great.

How does the value of KAT appreciate? Do they become more scarce (how would that happen)? There’s obviously bounties paid in KAT up for grabs. However, how would a token holder benefit from holding and buying these tokens?

KAT is used as a game theoretic utility token to incentivize people to contribute technology and be rewarded. Our goal is to use the token to track and facilitate contributions and real value added to Kambria (for example, sponsoring a project, completing a bounty, winning a tech competition, contributing some tech that someone else buys/commercializes, etc.)

As companies license tech out of Kambria to commercialize, we can burn tokens as part of the license fee they pay and also give the people whose projects contributed to the commercialization a bonus of the tokens. We really want to make sure the people putting in work are rewarded on top of the pride they get from engineering and making awesome stuff.

As a developer, what’s the benefits of using Kambria over other projects such as Watson? Why would I consider using a platform that has token economics over anther than one that doesn’t?

Hi Jen! First of all, Kambria is not the same as Watson. Watson is basically a set of web APIs to do a few different recognition and other tasks. That’s about it. There’s nothing about making a robot, getting plastic or metal made, moving motors and arms, etc. So basically if you give someone Watson APIs and then make a robot to look for stuff in the kitchen, then you are still at square one with the robot part.

The whole point of Kambria is to make the stuff that’s hard (design a robot? motor controllers? display? sensors? arms? web control? navigation algorithms? etc.) all together as ready working high tech systems and platforms but that are open enough such that they are easy to modify to do what you need — rather than like — oh, this platform is so close but DANG, I can’t control the motor how I like so I need to start from scratch.

So Kambria is actually a lot larger vision than Watson, I believe. Watson may be an API that you can use from a Kambria robot, but Kambria is way more than just web APIs. Hope that helps!

Can you provide a little insight about what sparked Thuc and yourself to come up with the idea for OhmniLabs and your telepresence robots?

Sure thing! The interesting thing for both of us was first to get together and think about how to help with long-term positive change for society. Being technologists, we believe in the promise of robotics long term to improve the quality of life for everyone, everywhere. But looking at the many failed promises for decades we knew we had to be careful and do things differently.

Also, initially starting as software folks, we thought that we needed to reinvent a new way to develop and also produce robots — a way that’s more flexible and cost-effective so that the entire robot development pipeline can be much cheaper and things can be tried and explored at 1/10 or 1/50th the cost.

To start, we chose one of the few initial applications we thought added value in homes, etc. to everyday people, which was telepresence to connect families. From that, we found several related verticals that showed strong adoption, for example, senior care and stay-at-home kids who can’t attend school in person.

Selling a product like this and not just being an R&D robotics company forces you to be ultra-disciplined. Probably unlike any blockchain company out there, we run production, shifts, material sourcing, support, etc., every single day with our lean team. We wanted to see the whole thing end-to-end to make sure we understand the entire value chain for robotics and can use that to help other people do their own development faster and better.

[Moderator] Jared spoke in this podcast about what inspired Kambria. Hope you can check it out! https://medium.com/kambria-network/what-inspired-kambria-ff0b4a0ab304

A follow-up question to this — how do you and other founding team members know each other?

Basically, Thuc and I have known each other since 2001. We were roommates at Carnegie Mellon undergrad in Computer Science. We did a ton of robotics research together, robosoccer, doing multiagent systems for teams of unreal tournament bots that play capture the flag and a whole lot of other things.

After that, we both went to Stanford for our Ph.D. in CS. Thuc went for game theory + AI and I went for graphics. Thuc finished and started a company with his professor that got acquired by Google. I left the Ph.D. program for a different startup where I was CTO and got into a lot more hardware stuff. From that, I got more into making, 3d printing, electronics, everything end-to-end. Then we reconnected later and wanted to work together again.

Tingxi is my really close friend from that last company; he was engineering director when I was CTO. We worked really well together. He did a ton of grid computing, backend stuff, etc. so it was a good fit.

BTW, a piece of advice for any other entrepreneurs doing hardware…I feel like 3 is a good number for founders. There are just SO many things to tackle in hardware that I couldn’t imagine only 2 of us or even (eep!) a solo founder. We all have a ton of fun every day together.

I notice you worked at Microsoft. What did you do there?

At Microsoft, I was on the Windows UI team. I wrote some of the controls for the Viewbox, part of the new .NET stuff at the time that was going into Vista and later Windows 7. I also wrote some really cool exploded 3d views where you can take any app UI and deconstruct all the layers in 3D. That was for fun/bonus work! Smiley

What roadblocks did you encounter that caused the team to feel a responsibility to launch Kambria’s Open Innovation Platform?

This is a really interesting question. There are SO many things in hardware and software and putting them together that are challenging. For example, think of the simplest thing: building a good and safe charging system for a robot. You can go to AliExpress and maybe buy a lithium battery charger board. But then you need to source your own battery and make sure the chemistry matches. You can buy a battery pack, too, but maybe it’s for an ebike and too heavy or too large for you. Now you find one, you need to find a good balancing charger. You look for one and realize most are all wall powered. You need to plug it in and press buttons, you can’t use it unattended. Then you also want to make it safe charging. How are you going to put some circuitry on top of all of this? So you now have to go and design our cool magdock system from scratch. Magnetic contacts of particular stainless steel allow ultra compliant contacts so you never scratch/damage the dock or the robot, safe charging to only turn on when the bot is touching.

BUT now look at what happened. Being able to safe charge a robot is not (necessarily) the most key differentiator of all the different things that go into say a telepresence robot, but we had to spend R&D time and effort. (By the way, I think our system is pretty darn awesome!)

But now if company B wants to make that, they go and repeat the whole thing. It’s much better if we can share and get some value out of it, right? If they reward us for the design/tech in a way that doesn’t take too much overhead for us to share and we can get a bit out of it and they have a charger they can use now, it’s a win-win. THAT is the spirit of open tech in Kambria — eliminate all these oodles of redundant work, finding vendors for things, finding what good parts are to use, how to combine them, etc.

If we all have more common ways of interchanging these designs and getting them made, we can all collaborate more and reuse more. And with the financial incentive model/reward model, people can actually take a bit more time to clean up and share their work and get rewarded for it.

Now, consider the same case except that Ohmni needed to design and build our own HDMI + USB touchscreen, our own mic system, our own motor controller boards, and drives, etc. You can see how much work stacks up. You just can’t find those good, open designs ready to go and be made online, again because today there is no incentive. We will bring and put together all this at your fingertips.

In terms of technology, what are the key challenges for you as you are trying to build the Kambria platform?

Really great question. Mature blockchains is always a challenge. It’s a moving target but we are optimistic and it’s good to be an early mover here. I still really like what the ethereum team is doing overall and there are lots of other good ideas out there. I feel that these are all very solvable problems and we’ll have scalable, cheap blockchains fairly soon for many different applications.

For us, we are working really hard to grow three things — content, community, and contributions (i.e. sponsorships, large companies putting in bounties, etc.) Each has its own challenges but I think we’re learning a ton every day and really reaching hearts and minds.

We have a lot of people who really want to contribute content or want to use content (i.e. a good cheap arm, etc.). And we are working hard to grow the community with folks like you and also in various sectors like various expertise in robotics, etc. Contributions we are lining up — universities and corporations that want to participate in open innovation or robotics/AI tech. So I think we’re making some good progress pushing on all fronts at once.

How does the company handle disputes?

For disputes like tech ownership, our goal is to make sure the community as a whole can protect itself. We want to make sure no company can come along and try and patent all the work going into Kambria, for example. And we think we have a good strategy for that, a mix of publishing prior art clearly and stamping it on-chain if needed, and a way for the community to crowdfund action against bad actors trying to cheat the community. I think this can be the basis for protection for projects that are way stronger than anything being done today.

There will also be nominated experts and judges as well from the community who can help weigh in on events, for example, about tech ownership or other issues, such as if someone uploaded a copy of some other code versus authoring it originally. I plan to do a lot of this cleaning and triage work early on.

What are some of the blockers and limitations you find with the current state of the tech?

Great question! It’s all about predictability and speed. I was actually at SF Blockchain Week speaking on a panel about developer tools. For example, the first time you use some Dapps, you probably feel a bit…uncertain, right, because the metaphor is so different. You click the button and then wait and…wait and…check etherscan…why is my transaction not pending…etc. Did it go through? Is the gas price right?

So we need good UX/UI encapsulations as well to give users understanding and comfort + expectations. Faster/more scalable chains also help. I’m not a huge fan of delegated authority systems because as already shown in some cases, humans will collaborate to try and cheat systems if they can. So I think it’s a lot about developer tools (i.e. you need an etherscan, you need an eth gas station, all are a must to actually use or develop eth stuff), about user experience, and about blockchain maturity/scalability. Those are the three key areas I would push on to really keep getting more and more adoption and to bring crypto and tokens to the mainstream.

What are your thoughts on the scalability issue of blockchain?

I think this will be solved sooner than people think to at least get to the “next level” of applications that can be built. Of course, from then on it’s always a race as usage goes up, but I think people are pursuing the right research and the right directions with sharding, reducing energy usage with proof of stake, doing micropayments and stuff with off chain, etc. So I am quite optimistic overall.

I also think everything right now is necessarily a hybrid. It’s hard to provide a good user experience in many cases totally depending on things to clear on-chain, for many things that are not as naturally financially or transaction-oriented. So expect many popular dapps to still involve lots of other things like centralized real-time messaging systems, etc.

How do you feel the Kambrian explosion of robotics will affect the job market? This is in relation to the hot topic of jobs being replaced by robots.

Great question! What I really believe in my heart is that the path to better living for everyone on earth goes ultimately through getting assistance and help to everyone on earth. And it doesn’t scale with only humans helping humans. So automation will continue no matter what, it’s just a question of whether it will get stuck as automation helping business save money (some of which does get passed down to consumers) or will it really also help people live everyday life such as helping to provide cleaner streets, safer neighborhoods, medical care for everyone, help when your parents are sick, help when your baby is fussing and you need to go to work and pick up food and do a thousand things.

Our bet with Kambria is that we need something more open, more inclusive, and more aspirational to really go straight for the latter. If only driven by corporate profit then those solutions will happen later and in a very controlled/centralized way. So ultimately I think humans will still have more than enough work for everyone in the world.

[The end]

Once again, thank you, everyone, so much for your overwhelming enthusiasm and your support for this AMA! And thank you, Jared, for your time and your insightful answers to all of the questions from our community today!

We are delighted to give away TWO tickets to “Innovation, Community, Impact: Protocol for the Future,” our premier event in Ho Minh Chi City, Vietnam on November 14th for the BEST questions in tonight’s AMA!

Congratulations, Jen Blockchain and bigdaddyX! We appreciate your awesome participation along with the rest of our community.

ABOUT Jared Go — Co-Founder & CTO

Jared is an avid maker and roboticist, previously CTO and founding member at a networks startup. He has an extensive experience in blockchain, AI, real-time graphics, VR, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering. Jared is a Stanford Graduate Fellow and has a BS in computer science from Carnegie Mellon University.

ABOUT Kambria

Kambria is an open innovation blockchain project that enables and incentivizes collaboration in R&D, manufacturing, and commercialization of advanced technology. We are developing our own public chain with protocols uniquely designed to address the current waste and inefficiencies in today’s innovation model. Kambria will allow for many verticals, including Biotech, Space, and Autonomous Vehicles, to be developed and thrive in the ecosystem. We are focusing first on the AI and Robotics vertical with the backing of our well-established robotics company, OhmniLabs. Through existing partnerships with top universities and large international corporations, as well as access to talented developers, we aim to build an ecosystem that can bring the next wave of frontier technology to provide value to billions of people around the world.

Thank you for your time!

The Kambria Team

Whitepaper: https://kambria.io/Kambria_White_Paper_v2.pdf
Telegram (ENG): https://t.me/kambriaofficial
Telegram (KOR): https://t.me/KambriaKorea
Telegram (VIE): https://t.me/KambriaVietnam
Telegram (CHN): https://t.me/KambriaChina
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KambriaNetwork
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/KambriaNetwork
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kambria/
Discord:https://discord.gg/rjqDSdC

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/KambriaOfficial/
Medium (ENG): https://medium.com/kambria-network
Medium (CHN): https://Medium.com/kambriachina
Steemit: https://steemit.com/@kambrianetwork
Weibo (CHN): https://www.weibo.com/kambriachina
Email: info@kambria.io

Kambria Team Member Spotlight with COO, Dr. Tra Vu

We are so proud of Kambria’s amazing team around the globe. Over the next few weeks, we will spotlight our leadership team to share a bit why they are so passionate about Kambria and developing a community.

This week we introduce you to the incomparable, Dr. Tra Vu, Kambria’s COO. Tra has a background in Financial and Civil Engineering. She earned her Master’s in Financial Engineering and her Ph.D. in Transportation Planning & Engineering from the NYU Tandon School of Engineering. Tra currently teaches at her alma mater and was responsible for leading her previous company in designing the first city-wide Transit Signal Priority system in New York City.

What led you to Kambria and excites you most about this project?

I met Thuc at a conference in NYC in the fall of 2017. Of course, I was interested in meeting him especially because he was the co-founder of VietSeeds, a nonprofit organization that helps underprivileged students attend college. It is an absolutely wonderful organization which I heartily support.

When Thuc introduced me to the concept of Kambria, I was intrigued and joined on a part-time basis to help draft the white paper. I got more and more involved with the project as it developed and evolved. What excited me most, and the main reason why I eventually joined Kambria full time, is the Team. Our team is made up of brilliant individuals who are ambitious, hardworking, funny, magnanimous, and humble. I am grateful to be part of this Kambria family.

Have you always been involved in robotics or blockchain?

No, my background is in Civil Engineering, Transportation, and Financial Risk Engineering. At my former company, I was leading a team to design the first wireless Transit Signal Priority system for NYC, which was quite different from robotics and blockchain. But my interaction with Thuc opened my eyes to this new world and I haven’t looked back. I get to learn and do something new every day. It is exhilarating!

What Kambria vertical are you most excited or passionate about?

Autonomous vehicles because of my background in transportation. We are at a game-changing junction in which the strive for seamless mobility could really come at a great expense of personal freedom if the public and its governments do not set the right direction and policies.

As a futurist, where do you envision Kambria in the next 1–3 years?

I envision Kambria in the coming years will become a hub for innovation. And we are working furiously to make this a reality through grassroots movements, innovation labs, and partnerships.

What is your motto?

My motto is “always be fair”. I try to apply that in all aspects of my life.

Who do you most admire?

My dad. He sacrificed a lot to give my sister and me the best education he could afford. He has instilled in me the courage to be independent and the perseverance to achieve anything that I set my mind to.

What personal accomplishment are you most proud of?

I feel most proud when I teach. I’ve been a professor for 6+ years and it’s heartwarming to see the positive impact I have made on my students’ lives.

Is there anything else you’d like to share with our community?

Blockchain technology could potentially solve many roadblocks that we currently face, particularly social and infrastructure projects. I hope that together as a community we will be able to truly bring value to this space.

What questions do you have for Tra? Stay tuned for more stories like this over the next couple of weeks. And thank you for supporting our community!

The Kambria Team

Whitepaper: http://bit.ly/2JbuET7

Discord: https://discord.gg/rjqDSdC

Hey everyone! We have a quick contest for you! Name this panelist for a chance to win a free ticket to our highly-anticipated Innovation Community & Impact Event in Ho Minh Chi CIty, Vietnam on November 14th! We have an exciting line-up of incredible panelists. Details below :sunglasses: https://medium.com/kambria-network/you-are-cordially-invited-to-a-special-gathering-c34d3850b742

Hey, Kambrians, can you Name That Panelist? Tag your answer with #panelist for a chance to win a FREE ticket to our highly-anticipated event in Vietnam. 
https://events.kambria.io/impact2

bulala

Activity: 574
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:38:14 PM

this is an interesting project and am glad to have found it now...keep the good work
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:18:33 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 04:01:30 AM by mprep

Thank you! We're pretty fond of it too! We have a lot of exciting things planned going on. Stay tuned. :muscle:

this is an interesting project and am glad to have found it now...keep the good work

Game of Drones

A Deep Dive into the Drone Vertical

What will the future look like?

With all of the innovations being developed today, people often wonder what our near future will look like and which technologies will be implemented on a large scale to simplify and improve our lives. Let me paint a picture…

It is the year 2035 and Bob is looking forward to visiting his friend Alice. Upon waking, he goes into the bathroom to brush his teeth and receives the latest news through his bathroom mirror. Bob lives in Paris but Alice lives in Amsterdam in a house built using 3D-printer technology. Bob could arrive at Alice’s house using an autonomous car service or take a drone helicopter taxi. But instead of traveling for six hours, he decides to use the Hyperloop and pay for his ticket with Bitcoin. Traveling by Hyperloop will only take 30 minutes! At the Hyperloop station, a Humanoid robot preps Bob for his ride by giving him specific details. When Bob arrives, Alice is bed bound due to an unfortunate electric scooter accident. But she pre-approved Bob’s entrance to her home using his smartphone so Alice doesn’t have to trouble herself.

So what do you think? Does this slice of the future seem possible to you? I certainly believe it is; developers are already working on developing and tweaking all of these solutions. So it’s quite possible that they will be regulated and implemented into our society in the next 20 years. Let’s take a look at recent developments in the drone industry with an emphasis on projects that may change our lives for the better. To get everyone up to speed, I’ll provide a brief history of drones.

History

The first drone or unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) was created by the Austrian military during World War I. The idea was to fill unmanned balloons with bombs and have them explode in the enemy’s territory. Unfortunately for the Austrians, the plan somewhat backfired when some of the balloons exploded in their own lines, killing several Austrian soldiers.

After being used my military-based operations for about a century, drones began to gain popularity in other fields and became more than just a warfare product. The consumer market greatly expanded as the quality of drones and added features consistently improved with ‘unicorn’ startup DJI leading the way. Over the years, drone technology has been introduced into various types of industries (discussed below), and the total market capitalization of commercial applications is over $ 127 billion U.S.

Drones have also become a part of social interactions as well through the countless drone competitions in which participants fly a specific parkour to become the best UAV-racer.

To provide developers, manufacturers, and end-users guidelines on how to handle these air-based robots, several countries have already implemented legislation regarding operating a drone.

Drone Verticals

The drone industry has entered the specialization phase which allows for various verticals to emerge. Let’s take a look at different industries where drones are implemented in various business models.

Transportation and Delivery Sector

The steady pace of urbanization in big cities around the world means massive traffic congestions, which no one likes! The number of cars on the road increases every day, leading to more traffic accidents and casualties. Luckily, various companies are trying to solve these issues by offering innovative solutions. Passenger drone project Volocopter has already finished a successful pilot study in Dubai. And Chinese manufacturer Ehang is also ready to offer its passenger drone to the public.

Amazon has officially started piloting Amazon Air, a delivery system whose goal is to deliver packages up to five pounds in 30 minutes or less using drones! As Amazon claims, “It looks like science fiction, but it’s real. One day, seeing Prime Air vehicles will be as normal as seeing mail trucks on the road.”

Supplying survivors of natural disasters with emergency aid kits has become easier with the help of cargo drones. Californian startup Matternet sent its cargo drones filled with food and medicine to Haiti after the country’s massive destructive earthquake back in 2010. And the United Nations World Food Program is a firm believer in deploying cargo drones to help feed those stuck in war zones.

Healthcare Industry

Drones in the healthcare industry have already proven to be very useful in life-threatening situations. In the future, small indoor drones will be used to deliver the required daily medicine to bed-bound patients or nutritious, fresh meals to the elderly who cannot cook their own meals. In Rwanda, the Ministry of Health has teamed up with Silicon Valley-based robotics company, Zipline, to start the “Uber for blood”, a drone delivery service that delivers blood to hospitals in need of blood. If services run smoothly, Zipline will start another pilot in Tanzania.

TU Delft University is developing an Ambulance Drone, a “flying toolbox” carrying supplies for advanced life support. The drone can transform into a fully functioning automated external defibrillator (AED). As research has shown, the first few minutes after someone suffers a heart-attack are critical. By calling the emergency services, the ambulance drone can be deployed immediately to the person in need.

Government Solutions

Drones can be helpful to a police department on many fronts, like: monitoring hostile situations, locating victims after a disaster with the help a thermal camera-equipped drone, helping with the reconstruction of a multiple-car traffic accident, monitoring a crowd or analyzing a crime scene. And, according to pilot studies, fire departments can benefit from using drones to fight fires by connecting to hoses from water trucks on the ground, reaching far higher than ladders.

Energy Industry

Drone developments in the energy industry are also ongoing. Drones are cleaning wind turbines, which can improve production by up to 20%. By mapping oil spills or even locating potential oil and gas sites, drones can be used to simplify processes and lower cost.

Kambria

At Kambria, we are passionate about supporting the development of frontier technologies. Drones are one of the main verticals we will target in the future.

By creating an open innovation ecosystem that incentivizes R&D collaboration, collaborating and incentivizing in research and development (R&D), Kambria aims to eliminate waste and inefficiencies that haunt the advanced technology industries.

Kambria offers an open source architecture where developers, manufacturers, universities, governments, innovators, and token users come together and form a community that rewards its contributors in native KAT tokens. Kambria’s codebase (K-DNA) which is the center of the platform, has all the key ingredients to start developing and deploying advanced technologies.

Kambria can help drone businesses accelerate by working together, sharing helpful information and resources and incentivizing people that contribute to the community. Whether it is developing new modes for transportation, providing the opportunity to build upon already existing healthcare devices, or speeding up the process of creating life-saving solutions, all can be facilitated by the Kambria platform.

A big part of Kambria’s business plan is focused on working together with universities. Kambria has already established partnerships with renowned universities worldwide that work on creating innovative and ground-breaking developments in the robotics and AI industry. Carnegie Mellon University, Stanford University, and Nanyang Technological University are three of the top universities that collaborate with Kambria.

In the meantime, the team is not sitting idle. Currently, the Kambria team is working on creating a low-cost, high-performance robotic arm that will be able to manipulate objects in the real world. At the same time, they are developing autonomous navigation which will enable food delivery robots and hotel room service robots.

As you can see, the drone vertical has enjoyed a steady increase in development over the years. Commercial and enterprise developed drones can solve many real-world problems. What do you believe will be the next drone invention that will disrupt this frontier technology?

The Kambria Team

KAT is sold to be used on the Kambria platform.

Introducing Kambria Advisor Kenzi Wang

Dear Kambria Community,

Kambria is pleased to welcome Kenzi Wang to the Kambria Advisory Board as the Co-founder of AU21, a venture capital firm focused specifically on the blockchain ecosystem. Before starting AU21, Kenzi was CEO and Co-founder of Traction Labs. In addition, he founded Fantoon Growth Labs and Growthathon. Kenzi has deep knowledge of exchanges and the crypto markets. Kenzi studied Mathematics at Columbia University and graduated with an MBA from the Wharton School of Business.

“I am happy to join Kambria as an Advisor because of the massive potential value that their open innovation platform in the robotics and AI space will bring to consumers. At AU21, we back the most brilliant founders who want to start a revolution in the blockchain space — Thuc and Kambria fit that description.”

“Kambria is confident that Kenzi’s business acumen, deep understanding of the blockchain space, and connections to other amazing projects will be a huge asset to our team. We are thrilled to have Kenzi onboard.” — Dr. Thuc Vu

You can learn about our other amazing Advisory Board members on our Team Page.

About Kambria

Kambria is the first blockchain project to build an open innovation platform for frontier technology. Kambria will allow for many verticals, including Biotech, Space, and Autonomous Vehicles to be developed and thrive in the ecosystem. We are focusing first on the AI and Robotics vertical with the backing of our well-established robotics company, OhmniLabs. Through existing partnerships with top universities and large international corporations, as well as access to talented developers, we aim to build an ecosystem that can bring the next wave of frontier technology to provide value to billions of people around the world.

If you have any questions about our project or our team, please feel free to contact us via email at info@kambria.io or to message us through Telegram. We always love hearing from you! And if you are not yet a Kambrian, please join our community to get updated news, and the scoop on our upcoming events.

The Kambria Team

Hey, Kambrians, can you Name That Panelist? Tag your answer with #panelist for a chance to win a FREE ticket to our highly-anticipated event in Vietnam.
https://events.kambria.io/impact2

Casting My Vote for Blockchain

Two years ago, on the eve of the US presidential inauguration, I appeared in a documentary on the British TV station iTV. A friend of the family asked my mom if she would be willing to be interviewed by the show’s journalist who was traveling across America speaking with voters on across the political spectrum. My mom wasn’t particularly interested so she nominated me.

Now, admittedly, most of my life, I’ve been politically apathetic. My approach to politics was to put my head in the sand because even if I didn’t pay attention, life worked out. As immigrants, my family and I created prosperous lives for ourselves in the American Midwest. We lived in safe neighborhoods with great public schools. We made enough money, we bought real estate, and moved up the economic ladder. My sister and I both attended great universities. Outside of academic achievement, I never worried about much. So I never cared much about politics.

That was until two years ago. On the eve of the inauguration, the documentary aired. Watching the broadcast, you would never know I was formerly a political schlep as I shared my aversion to current events. I’d like to say that I didn’t know what had come over me, but, I did. I was broken by the year-long public war on the American people, by the American people.

To cope with my upset, I learned how to meditate. Focusing on something besides current events made me less anxious. Eventually, I began to feel better. Over the next year, I stumbled upon Bitcoin and blockchain technology and slid down the infamous rabbit hole. I watched the documentary Banking on Bitcoin and immediately the topics and themes made sense. I started researching Bitcoin and altcoins and the underlying blockchain technology.

Like many, I became fascinated by the potential of digital currency to transform financial systems and tried to learn as much as possible. I learned about the implications of government-controlled fiat and how crypto could shift control to individuals. Domestically, Americans didn’t have to remain at the mercy of “too big to fail” banks. And abroad, crypto could be used as a strong hedge again national currency devaluation resulting from political turmoil. I read about economic issues in Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, India, Greece. Learning about the rise of digital currency gave me hope. Imagine if crypto could do for banking what the internet did for media; to give access, power, and control to individuals rather than governments or financial institutions. This was thrilling.

For the remainder of 2017, I enjoyed the dramatic rise in crypto prices and continued to learn as much as possible. Of course, at the start of this year, prices tanked but luckily, these new valuations did not completely destroy my enthusiasm for the space. I began to learn about blockchain technology and the potential impact of decentralization. I learned about the 19 industries blockchain will disrupt. Heck, it can even help us with election tampering. I immersed myself wholeheartedly into this new space. I loved the technology and the quest for solutions to long-standing issues of money, control, centralization, power. I was hooked!

But what I enjoyed just as much as the promise of this new technology, was operating in a world where politics didn’t matter. I mean, how could they with so little regulation? This was uncharted territory where the same forces of polarization and manipulation did not exist. There was no precedent. There were no rules until we made up our own. DYOR, HODL, and BTFD applied to everyone. Politics didn’t matter because we all wanted the same thing — mass adoption. In this ecosystem, our desires were aligned. It was magic. Forget putting down someone else’s candidate. We were having too much fun speculating about the market, comparing shitcoins, and choosing our lambos!

Fortunately, my understanding of and appreciation for blockchain today extends beyond making money. Of course, the bear market has forced me to manage my expectations and to adjust my portfolio. But it has also eliminated weak hands leaving only true believers to BUIDL a decentralized future. These believers include members of two outstanding, international teams I have worked with — first with Bitcoin for Beginners (BFB), a crypto education website, and now Kambria, an open innovation protocol initially focused on the robotics and AI verticals. At BFB, I was the only woman on the small, core team of leaders living around the world. At Kambria, our leadership team is all-female and split between Silicon Valley and Vietnam. In both organizations, team members value growing the crypto/blockchain ecosystem by sharing their knowledge, with integrity, with their respective communities.

In my work, political parties do not apply. We don’t need to take sides in a zero-sum game because we know that connected communities are stronger than divided ones. We are all students and teachers at the same time, innovators intent on creating a new reality. I am grateful for my work, my colleagues, and this new space. Bring on the future!

Laura Guy for the Kambria Network

November 15th -- Fueling the Innovation Economy: Startup Pitch and Blockchain Networking Event

Kambrians! In partnership with TomoChain, we have added an amazing Startup Pitch event on November 15th to follow our premier "Innovation, Community, Impact" event on November 14th. Please take a look and share with anyone you know who may be interested.

November 15th -- Fueling the Innovation Economy: Startup Pitch and Blockchain Networking

As part of our continuing effort to support innovation and help build a strong and vibrant startup ecosystem in Vietnam, Kambria and TomoChain are very excited to invite you to a special event titled “Fueling the Innovation Economy: Startup Pitch and Blockchain Networking” on November 15th in Ho Chi Minh City. Guests of the event will include some of the most successful investors and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and Vietnam. The pitch competition follows our premier event "Innovation, Community, Impact: Protocol for the Future" on November 14th. Startups will have the chance to pitch their company in front of top global VCs, with a potential opportunity to receive funding for their ideas.

To learn more about the event, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1899759233473485/

⭐️ Hey, guys! We have incredible people attending our premier event, "Innovation, Community, Impact" on November 14th. 

Can you guess which panelist made the statement below?  Tag your answer with #Panelists for a chance to win a FREE entry ticket to the event.

GreenPowred

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:39:29 PM

I can not find information about your team, could you give a link?
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:58:21 PM

These guys really seem switched on. Getting a lot of attention and really finding successful people to join the team and partner with.

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:59:56 PM

https://kambria.io/#our-team

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:14:46 PM

Thanks for the question. If you go to our website: https://kambria.io, the team page is accessible. Click on each team member's photo and information about their background and LinkedIn will populate below. We have an all-star team, many of whom are PhD's from top US Schools such as Stanford, Carnagie Mellon, ETC. There are several serial entrepreneurs as well, Thuc Vu, Kambria CEO has sold 2 companies to Google in the past. There's extensive history. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Don't forget to checkout our parent company: OhmniLabs.com !

kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:15:06 PM

Thank you for your support! The best is yet to come!

These guys really seem switched on. Getting a lot of attention and really finding successful people to join the team and partner with.
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:18:07 PM

November 8th -- AMA with Kenzi Wang, Co-founder of AU21 & Kambria Advisor on our Telegram Channel

Join us Thursday, November 8th at 5:00 pm PST (UTC -8) for an AMA with Kenzi Wang, Co-founder of AU21

As we welcome Kenzi Wang as another amazing member of the Kambria Advisory Board, we felt it fitting to have him join us for an #AMA! Please join us tomorrow. You can read more about his role here on our blog: http://bit.ly/2DlEDp3
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:29:05 PM

Kambria announces Bamboo Capital as a Strategic Backer!

kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:29:47 PM

Who wants to take a guess and Name That Panelist?
Kambria will host incredible investors and entrepreneurs at "Innovation, Community, Impact" on Nov 14th. Guess who we're featuring below -- tag your answer with #Panelists for a chance to win a FREE entry. https://events.kambria.io/impact2018

kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:33:09 PM

Line up so far to our Innovation, Community & Impact Event. More details here: https://events.kambria.io/impact2018

Winklevii

Real-estate Tech Giant Michael Milstein

Managing Director at Founder's Fund: Jeff Lonsdale

The Atomic Bomb

8VC in the house!

kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:36:41 PM

AMA Recap with Kenzi Wang, Co-founder of AU21 and Kambria Advisor — 11/8/18

Once again, thank you, everyone, for your overwhelming enthusiasm and support for this AMA! And thank you, Kenzi, so much for your time and your insightful answers to all of the questions from our community today! Here is a recap of our conversation; for clarity, the original text has been lightly edited for grammar and spelling.

If you could not catch the AMA live, please post your question in our main Telegram channel. The team will get back to you quickly.

Kenzi, what attracted you most to Kambria and where do you think it might be in 5 years?

What attracted me first about Kambria is its team. They are great engineers from Stanford. Secondary is the market vision. What Kambria tries to do has a huge potential impact on the AI robotic space. I also like the fact they have great reach in the Asia Pacific region already.

I think we are at the early days of crypto still. In 5 years, Kambria could be a very large company due to the network effect it brings

Do you have any contacts in the AI/Robotics/Crypto (or other) sectors that can help drive adoption of the platform?

In terms of contacts, Kambria has a good collection of VCs globally. Together we can assist in bringing more brilliant minds in the AI space. Since our firms’ focus is Asia and US, we can help make connections to Silicon Valley and China investors

Can you tell us about your venture capital firm AU21?

Absolutely. AU21 Capital is a blockchain venture firm based in San Francisco. The firm’s focus is to 1. Invest in great founders in Asia and the US (hence the name AU21, 21 stands for 21 million BTCs) and 2. Provide ecosystem services to help them grow.

[Moderator] You can learn more about AU21 Capital at https://au21.capital/. And check out their portfolio! It’s very impressive!

What are some ways Kambria could grow?

Kambria’s technology is already very robust. I personally visited their office in Silicon Valley and was very impressed by what they have already built.

This is an advanced level team with an existing product and use case. And both of their developer and customer (enterprise) growth is very much so dependent on the community. That’s why the community is very important here.

I see the self-serving model working very well here. I can also see the token model making sense to enticing users and customers to sign up and use the product.

Again, I think what they are doing is extremely fascinating. It’s one of the few hardware-based AI product company with a real token economy. It also has already received backing from tier 1 investors globally.

Can you tell us more about exactly what market making is? Little confused on this.

Market making helps to generate liquidity for a new token launching. People do it to help sustain token price and avoid crashes. Market makers are usually hired by exchanges or projects. They can also be hired by funds. There are many reasons behind when and how they work.

I learned that you are an active blockchain investor with deep knowledge in exchanges and market making. What advice would you have for founders of blockchain projects in terms of choosing which exchange to work with?

I think in terms of choosing what exchanges to launch projects on — in the current market, it’s best to launch on an exchange that has good liquidity to begin with first. Think a top 15 exchange

What are the top qualities you look for in a blockchain project?

Top qualities for me are 1. Team 2. Market size 3. An existing product, tech or traction 4. Teams’ connections to exchanges and service providers.

What’s the next coin you’re buying. I want some!

I can’t give advice on investments. I’m a big fan of the stellar ecosystem and like what they are working on.

What are your views on Security Token Offering?

STO is definitely a trend in the mid to long run. However, I think it will take time for adoption. It’s very new and early still.

What do you see as the biggest difference between traditional VCs and crypto VCs?

Traditional VCs and crypto VCs’ — the main difference is that a lot of crypto VCs buy tokens that have faster liquidity, their liquidation timeframe is much quicker.

You have a lot of experience as an entrepreneur in the traditional market and now you are an investor in the blockchain space. What do you see as the unique challenges for blockchain entrepreneurs?

The unique challenge for blockchain entrepreneurs is that they need to adapt fast to many external factors such as market forces, regulatory changes, trends. They need to move fast and be nimble on their feet. Make fast and hard decisions on the go. It moves a lot faster than non-blockchain projects

What surprises you the most about how the crypto exchange landscape has evolved over the last 12 months?

A lot! The big exchanges have grown big very quickly. It’s now very hard for smaller exchanges to compete. Listing on big exchanges now will make or break a project so it’s important to work backward when thinking of doing a new token project

What advice would you have for blockchain entrepreneurs in approaching you and AU21 for funding?

The funding landscape has changed quickly over the past few months. It’s now a lot harder than before. So I encourage folks to differentiate and build more and better tech.

My email is kenzi@au21.capital. Free feel to reach out.

What advice do you have for founders of blockchain projects on whether they should do an ICO?

ICOs have become smaller and smaller. So unless there’s a reason to do so, I recommend that founders raise capital through a private sale. It will reduce liability and risks. It will also make exchange listing easier!

A follow-up question on that. If we decide to do an ICO or STO, what are some other factors we should keep in mind to make sure we will have a successful process?

Have a big community that is ready and willing to spread positive sentiments!

For the blockchain space as the whole, between the technical challenges and regulation challenges, which do you worry more about?

I would also worry about market trends. Market public sentiment matters a lot in crypto. Incorporation and company setup matter, too.

[The End]

A huge thanks again to Kenzi and to our community members for participating in our AMA. If you’d like to ask your questions live next time, join our Telegram channel. See you there!

ABOUT Kenzi Wang

Kenzi Wang is the Co-founder of AU21, a venture capital firm focused specifically on the blockchain ecosystem. Before starting AU21, Kenzi was CEO and Co-founder of Traction Labs. In addition, he founded Fantoon Growth Labs and Growthathon. Kenzi has deep knowledge of exchanges and the crypto markets. Kenzi studied Mathematics at Columbia University and graduated with an MBA from the Wharton School of Business.

For more info about AU21, please visit: https://au21.capital/

ABOUT Kambria

The Kambria Team

Whitepaper: https://kambria.io/Kambria_White_Paper_v2.pdf

Discord:https://discord.gg/rjqDSdC

Source: https://medium.com/kambria-network/ama-recap-with-kenzi-wang-co-founder-of-au21-and-kambria-advisor-11-8-18-eee2e715b2b7
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:16:26 PM

Kambrians! In partnership with TomoChain, we have added an amazing Startup Pitch event on November 15th to follow our premier "Innovation, Community, Impact" event on November 14th.  Please take a look and share with anyone you know who may be interested.

🔹November 15th -- Fueling the Innovation Economy: Startup Pitch and Blockchain Networking
As part of our continuing effort to support innovation and help build a strong and vibrant startup ecosystem in Vietnam, Kambria and TomoChain are very excited to invite you to a special event titled “Fueling the Innovation Economy: Startup Pitch and Blockchain Networking” on November 15th in Ho Chi Minh City.   Guests of the event will include some of the most successful investors and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and Vietnam. The pitch competition follows our premier event "Innovation, Community, Impact: Protocol for the Future" on November 14th. Startups will have the chance to pitch their company in front of top global VCs, with a potential opportunity to receive funding for their ideas.

To learn more about the event, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1899759233473485/

Do you have the next big idea?

Want to share your ideas in front of an audience?

Do you want to tap into to a large supportive community?

Want access to real VCs?

Sign up to pitch your startup at our Startup Pitch and Blockchain Networking event on November 15th, 2018 in Ho Minh Chi City, Vietnam

https://www.facebook.com/events/1899759233473485/

kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:48:04 AM

🌟Dear Kambria Community,🌟

Thanks so much for all your incredible support. We have received an overwhelming interest for the Nov 14 - Innovation, Community and Impact event. Due to our venue capacity, we are unable to accommodate any further guests at this time. Our guest list is now closed. Kindly note that only those with an official invitation will be granted entry. Please tune into the livestream the night of the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/714945508868161/

👍Thank you again for all of your support 👍
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: