Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🤖[ANN][ICO] - KAMBRIA - Fueling the Robotics and AI Future🤖  (Read 42266 times)
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:36:49 PM

DragonEx Roadshow Recap!

In support of our new partnership, DragonEx Exchange invited Kambria Team members to participate in an exclusive online roadshow with both the DragonEx English and Chinese-speaking communities.

The event featured Kambria community managers Annie Wang (CH) and William Ryan (EN). Both sessions were focused and very active. Here is a recap of the conversation with William in the English channel; for clarity, the original text has been lightly edited for grammar and spelling.

Do you have any idea about Kambria? Today’s roadshow is mainly about Kambria’s project progress. and its future planning.

I understand the bulk of the conversation is going on in the DragonEx Chinese channel, but in case there are any English speakers here who are interested, we were recently listed on DragonEx. I met the team in May in New York City, and was very impressed with their professionalism. They are awesome people to know, and I am even more excited to now be working with DragonEx. They are a great exchange!

I wanna know, how is Kambria different from other AI projects?

Kambria is an open innovation platform designed to cut down and drastically reduce the time and cost it takes to innovate robotics, AI, and other frontier technologies. Kambria allows for innovators to collaborate on every aspect of the innovation process. So a company can host a bounty to utilize developers to help them build their ideas. This also allows for innovators to modularize their ideas and allow other innovators to utilize their work, and earn KAT in the process.

Can the Kambria project run without blockchain?

Kambria’s Open Innovation Platform is designed around the KAT token. It technically could work without a blockchain, but it likely would not because we all know that incentives are the basis for the work that most people do. So we use KAT to power the network, pay bounties, pay developers, companies, and innovators who contribute to the network.

The best way to achieve this is to use a decentralized blockchain with smart contracts. No one would contribute without incentives. That is the backbone to any healthy economy. That is why we believe we do need a token.

But how advanced is the project in terms of progress?

Currently, the features that we are focusing on are building out Github support to allow developers to import the githubs to build out the Kambria codebase, which will be utilized in the Kambria codebase, the backbone of the platform. Additionally, we are creating innovation hubs across the world that will allow roboticists and AI developers to come in and innovate new products.

What if a big company copies Kambria? Are there any barriers to competition?

There are currently no other companies who are doing what we are doing. Our platform encompasses every single aspect of the innovation process from concept, to design, to manufacturing, to sourcing materials, to production, to delivery. We will also not open source all of our intellectual property. Because of our experience with OhmniLabs, Kambria’s sister company, we have discovered ways to build robots using 3-D printing far cheaper than most have heard of.

Could you please introduce your team members to us?

Yes. My name is William, and I am the American Community Manager, and I have with me Annie Wang, who is our Chinese Community Manager.

Let me get you some info on the rest of the team. Let’s start with the top Smiley

Dr. Thuc Vu — Co-Founder & CEO — AI & Game Theory — Dr. Thuc is a serial entrepreneur, with multiple company acquisitions, the last one by Google. He has deep expertise in game theory, tournament design and multi-agent systems. He earned his Ph.D. from Stanford and BS from Carnegie Mellon, both in computer science. Dr. Thuc is a social entrepreneur in Vietnam, involved in several community projects.

Dr. Thuc Vu, first of all, is just incredible to work with. He is the nicest man, but he’s also very talented. He is also a very generous person who sows back into the communities around him. He has created several foundations in the world to “give back” to people, including his very own VietSeeds Foundation in Vietnam that helps poor Vietnamese children get a great college education. He sold one of his companies to Google, and then created OhmniLabs, which is Kambria’s sister company. You can visit the OhmniLabs.com website for more information.

Here’s a pic of our founders with the OhmniLabs robot.

Left to right: Jared Go (CTO), Dr. Thuc Vu (CEO), Tingxi Tan (CPO)
Our CTO, Jared Go, met Dr. Thuc Vu in college. They both attended Stanford University and Carnegie Mellon together.

Jared Go — Co-Founder & CTO — Robotics — Jared is an avid maker and roboticist, previously CTO and founding member at a networks startup. He has extensive experience in blockchain, AI, real-time graphics, VR, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering. Jared is a Stanford Graduate Fellow, and has a BS in computer science from Carnegie Mellon University.

Tingxi Tan — Co-Founder & CPO — Blockchain & Cloud Computing — Tingxi has a background in cloud computing, network infrastructure and distributed system design. He has been active in Crypto Investment since 2010. He was responsible for building the global scale cloud infrastructure at a networks startup. He graduated from MSc Computer Science U of Calgary and BSc Applied Math Western University.

Dr. Tra Vu — COO — Operations & Infrastructure — Tra has a background in Financial and Civil Engineering. She earned her Master’s in Financial Engineering and her PhD in Transportation Planning & Engineering from the NYU Tandon School of Engineering. Tra currently teaches at her alma mater and was responsible for leading her previous company in designing the first city-wide Transit Signal Priority system in New York City.

Tingxi, Dr. Tra Vu, and Jared are also just fantastic people to work with. The team is not only wildly talented, but also very pleasantly nice. It’s refreshing to see.

Is artificial intelligence a moral issue? How can I overcome this problem?

I believe it could be; however, it is up to us how we build such technologies. In our open collaboration system, everyone has the ability to solve this problem. If you want to solve it, you simply can participate in building it ethically.

Is the Kambria Innovation Platform open now in public?

Yes. The Open Innovation Platform was soft-launched in September 2018, and we are preparing for a full release this year. You can check out the platform here: https://app.kambria.io

I think artificial intelligence is a big trend: very good. Is there a potential market now? What are the plans for the Kambria project in the future?

AI is one of the fastest growing technologies in the frontier space. We already have hundreds of developers ready to begin working on the Kambria Open Innovation Platform, which is why we are so eager to finish our full launch of the platform, as well as our codebase. We are not far away. The full launch will be this year.

In addition, we are opening five innovation hubs across the globe, the first in Silicon Valley, California. We also working with major universities, including Stanford and Carnegie Mellon, to host hackathons in collaboration with the International Data Engineering and Science Association (IDEAS). Additionally, Thuc created the VietAI Alliance, which is dedicated solely to AI development. There will be several more of these that work with governments and universities in many different countries

I’m just a robotics engineer, but with no knowledge in Blockchain. How can I manage your platform? In our case, we have a team of robotics engineers and AI programmers, but they have no knowledge about Blockchain.

Follow up question: Do you have an infrastructure already in place?

The great news is that many roboticists such as yourself are not familiar with blockchain, and that’s OK! You don’t need to know how the engine of a car works in order to be able to drive it. It’s the same idea. Much of the blockchain underpinnings will be taken care of for you so that you can focus on innovation. Blockchain will primarily serve as the payment vehicle for bounties, services, and other functions on the network, such as staking coins, but the actual building of the product will be very familiar to you.

We do have an infrastructure ready and proven to be HIGHLY effective. Because of our experience with OhmniLabs, we have a “tried and true” method that we will allow other projects, such as yours, to utilize, and not just ours, but everyone else’s that uses our platform. It truly is open innovation for everyone.

I hope that the Kambria project will be carried forward in the future. I want to ask if the Kambria project is an artificial intelligence platform. Can Kambria help people with disabilities? They really need this project.

Yes!!! We love this. One of the verticals that we are focusing on is healthcare. Also, we build consumer robots, and robotic arms, which are very important for helping disabled people. It’s one of the use cases we are most passionate about. That is what robotics is for after all — making human life more comfortable and easier.

One of our robots (potentially) helped save an elderly woman’s life who had fallen. Her family was able to find her quickly and easily, preventing any further damage.

Is the Kambria Platform open now in public?

The platform is open to the public. Currently, you can vote for bounties, hackathons, buy robotic development kits, and explore the codebase, but there is much, much more coming in the short term this year. You may find it at https://app.kambria.io

Is Kambria currently based on ETH, and has Kambria considered the subsequent rise of the public chain.

Yes, we are based on ETH, but we are blockchain agnostic. If ETH, for any reason, cannot scale, we will look for a more functional chain.

Yes, ETH has been criticized for its slow processing speed. Has the Kambria project considered EOS?

We have considered EOS, and that would certainly be on our radar as one of the potential chains to move to, if necessary.

Could you tell us the history of Kambria, I am very interested in it!

Surely! Our founders started a robotics company in 2015. It was built upon the premise that to really accelerate adoption of robotics in the homes, a new type of company was needed. Being far away from home ourselves, they could relate to the need for affordable robots that bring families closer. So they set out to design robots with modular components, and utilize lean, toolless manufacture. To close the cost gap, they were ultra-focused on iteration speed. Reusability and integration were the cornerstones of their fabrication process, allowing for orders of magnitude, less capital spent, and a fraction of the development time.

Being able to foster an open collaborative ecosystem, where every contribution can easily be shared, manufactured, and implemented, will be revolutionary. Companies can benefit from the collective contribution from the community to build custom applications without having to employ teams of PhDs. End users can enjoy the higher quality of life potentially afforded by more available robot products and services. A combination of reduced costs, cutting-edge technologies, and swift delivery will spur rapid adoption of the Kambria platform by companies, developers, and manufacturers. This cycle of innovation will pave the way for the next wave of robots to provide immense value for people across the world.

Ohmni has achieved good results in the market, and the architecture behind it is indispensable. However, OhmniLabs development was not easy. Built from scratch, the establishment of laboratories, and the search for supply chain production, robotic startups was very difficult. In the difficult process of exploring Ohmni, an idea gradually formed: since there are so many barriers in the field of robot development, why not create an open platform where development, purchase, research, investment, and other needs coexist? It not only brings together talents from all sides but also promotes the development of robotics. In that thought proces, Kambria was born!

We named the platform Kambria, after the Cambrian Explosion, 500 million years ago, when an accelerated evolutionary rate gave rise to biodiversity and abundance. We believe this platform will be the catalyst for a similar explosion in intelligent robotics.

How many people are there in the Kambria project? Is there a blockchain related person?

Yes, our CPO is Tingxi Tan, has extensive knowledge in blockchain development. Additionally, we have a wide array of blockchain and full-stack developers. In total, our full-time staff is 20 people and growing. There are also many part-time employees as well! You can find most of them on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/kambria/

While we are technically a global company, our two main “home bases” are in Silicon Valley and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, where much of the team is from. OhmniLabs is also in Silicon Valley.

Our advisor list is also quite extensive. I will list them here:

Prof. Manuela Veloso — AI & Robotics — Manuela Veloso is the Herbert A. Simon University Professor in the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University. Professor Veloso will be the Robotics and AI judge on the Kambria platform.

Simon Seojoon Kim — HASHED — Simon Seojoon Kim is CEO and founding partner of Hashed, a leading crypto fund based in South Korea. He is a Blockchain evangelist and organizer of Hashed Lounge, a premier Blockchain Seoul meetup community.

Loi Luu — Kyber Network — Loi Luu is a researcher working on cryptocurrencies, smart contract security and distributed consensus algorithms. He is also a regular invited speaker at Bitcoin and Ethereum workshops such as DevCon2, EDCON. Loi believes in the force of the Ethereum and Blockchain technology.

Roger Lim — NEO Global Capital — Roger Lim is an experienced angel and blockchain investor. He is the Founding Partner of NEO Global Capital and an advisor for projects like Bluzelle, Qlink, CoinFi, Thekey, Tomocoin, 0Chain, Switcheo, Open Platform, and nOS.

Long Vuong — Tomochain — Long Vuong is CEO and founder of Tomochain, a public blockchain infrastructure providing an innovative solution to the scalability problem with the Ethereum blockchain. He is often invited as guest speaker of many reputable blockchain events around the globe. Long and Tomochain will also be partnering with Kambria to develop an educational certification program in blockchain and AI.

George Li — WeTrust — George is an ex-Googler who previously co-founded CottonBrew, a Stanford StartX computer vision company. George has helped connect us with influencers and market movers in the crypto space.

May I know some recent news about this project?

In addition to our new Innovation Hubs, we launched our KAT token in December. It is currently listed on DragonEx, KuCoin, and Bitmart Exchanges. We also recently hosted an incredible event this last November where the Winklevoss Twins, and Joe Lonsdale, and several other high-level venture capitalists were in attendance. I will get you the video! Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8y4MxyAvTc&feature=youtu.be — Enjoy! I know we did.

The Vietnamese government also attended our November event called Innovation, Community & Impact. It was a very big deal. We wrote several articles recapping the event if you’d like to read about it. I will drop the links from our latest post that contains all of our best top ten articles for last year.

https://medium.com/kambria-network/kambria-2018-beyond-9820242c86c1

Within that article, you can find a ton of information about our project.

Great, I hope that the Kambria project will be carried forward in the future.

Thank you! We want to change the world, and we are unique enough to do it. There is nothing in the world like Kambria. We aim to make frontier technologies WAY cheaper and easier to build. An estimated 85% percent of the work being done is considered to be “wasted effort.” Because much of the work is done in silos, that means almost everyone is doing “double work.”

We can modularize everything and allow the different pieces to be applied, thus saving a huge amount of time in the development process. Why create something from scratch when someone else has already perfected it?

Do you build great motors? AI logic? Robotic arms? You can allow others to use your innovations to build theirs, and earn KAT, promote innovation, get paid, and collaborate on a number of different ideas.

“We aim to make frontier technologies WAY cheaper and easier to build.” Yes, this sentence is very similar to what Xiaomi, the technology giant of our country said so that everyone can enjoy the fun of technology.

That’s what it's all about. Improving the quality of life so that we can focus on the more important things that life brings. Great questions by the way. You’ve been a pleasure to speak with this entire time.

We expect that you can change the world through artificial intelligence + blockchain. Thanks, William and Kambria.

You are very welcome. Please feel free to join our Telegram Channels. We do have a Chinese Channel as well. We’d love to see you there. I am going to post our channels. If you have any more questions, feel free to ping me or DM me directly. My inbox is always open.

We’d like to thank not only DragonEx Exchange for having us, but also to all of the community members who asked us such great questions!

[THE END]

About William

William Ryan is a part of the Global Kambria Community Manager Team, and a resident of Texas. He has been in blockchain since 2015, and has a strong passion for frontier technologies, including blockchain, robotics, and artificial intelligence.

The Kambria Team
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:37:57 PM

Yes, KAT will be listed on Bibox Cheesy As far as TomoChain, they are our great partners, and we value what they are doing very much, however, we are blockchain agnostic, and currently are an ERC20 token. If the ETH chain becomes unusable for any reason, then we will consider moving chains to a more suitable solution. We don't have any need for 1500 TPS, as our token model doesn't require high throughput. We will be releasing a tokenomics paper shortly! Thanks for you feedback!

Do you have exact date when KAT will be listed?
But as far as I know you have partnership with Tomochain. I though that you was going swap tokens from Ethereum to Tomo... So what sence in your partnership if you want not use their blockchain?
Tomo working  very well and their transactions much faster now. I tried and this takes just few seconds, instead of ethereum where is takes log time...

We don't have an exact date for Bibox unfortunately. To touch again on your previous comment though, if the ETH chain does in fact become unusable, we will certainly consider TomoChain or another blockchain platform to run The Kambria Platform on. Cheers Smiley
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:43:57 PM

It’s 2019 and we’re off to the races! We had a number of wins over at Kambria this week — here’s a recap in case you missed it.

NEW PARTNERSHIP: Terra

We are pleased to announce a new strategic partnership between Kambria and Terra! Through our partnership, Terra and Kambria will work to implement Terra’s Cross Chain Stability Mechanism to provide a stablecoin solution on the Kambria platform so that decentralized applications (dApps) running on Kambria may provide services more suitable for mass adoption.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Kambria Open Innovation Hubs

We are excited to announce the launch of our Open Innovation Hub Program set for January 29th. The Open Innovation Hub is a network of physical research and development labs across the globe, supported by Kambria’s online open innovation platform. These labs will be Kambria’s local champions to promote and accelerate the use of KAT to develop new advanced technologies.

Read more about the mission, worldwide locations, and features of our Innovation Hubs here.

TOKEN UPDATE: Bibox Competition Win!

It was a tight race, but in the end, Kambria supporters showed their love with their tokens. Kambria placed in the top 2 chosen by Bibox users and with the highest number of voters! Stay tuned for more details from Bibox.

EVENT: DragonEx Academy Lecture

DragonEx hosting Kambria Community Managers Annie Wang and William Ryan in their online academy lecture this week. Here’s a recap of questions and answers from the event.

ARTICLES PUBLISHED

Looking Back to Look Forward

Founder’s Report | Creating the Ohmni Robot and the Kambria Open Source Blockchain Platform

The Kambria Team

Whitepaper: http://bit.ly/2JbuET7

Telegram (ENG): https://t.me/kambriaofficial

Telegram (KOR): https://t.me/KambriaKorea

Telegram (VIE): https://t.me/KambriaVietnam

Telegram (CHN): https://t.me/KambriaChina

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KambriaNetwork

Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/KambriaNetwork

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kambria/

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/KambriaOfficial/

Medium (ENG): https://medium.com/kambria-network

Medium (CHN): https://Medium.com/kambriachina

Steemit: https://steemit.com/@kambrianetwork

Weibo (CHN): https://www.weibo.com/kambriachina

Email: info@kambria.io

KAT is a token to be used on the Kambria platform.
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:45:03 PM

Artificial Intelligence is Disrupting the World https://medium.com/kambria-network/artificial-intelligence-is-disrupting-the-world-1fa73d1f92fb

Peruse today’s internet and artificial intelligence reports are everywhere. At the 5th World Internet Conference held in November, private docking services were provided for 10 driverless cars.

On the same day, the Xinhua News Agency launched the world’s first “AI synthetic anchor” initiating a hot discussion in both the Chinese and foreign media “AI wants to grab our rice bowl.” If you’re like most people, the thought of a robot stealing your food is scary!

The world’s first AI news achor
A few days later, shoppers joined the frenzy of China’s Double 11 — the biggest online shopping day of the year. Billions of dollars worth of transactions occur in just 24 hours and new tech, like Alibaba’s AI called Lu Ban, can help design an incredible 400 million advert banners during the sales period at a rate of 40 million a day.

LuBan is powered by machine learning and is trained on millions of sets of design data. First, the algorithm understands the components of the design, then it extracts features from raw images in the design library. Next, the algorithm produces a virtual canvas and places the design elements on a board. Team members provide feedback on the designs so that the AI can learn what kind of design is “good” or “preferred”.

Lu Ban’s AI can generate about 8,000 banner designs per second.
Over at Alibaba’s “smart warehouse”, 60 unmanned robots shuttle around the warehouse floor delivering goods to workers for packing and posting. They can carry up to 500 kilograms and have managed to reduce the workforce requirement by 70%. Here’s a look at the robots in action.

But even with all of these reports, is the AI field really a success?

There is a hidden worry behind the explosion

Behind the rapid development of artificial intelligence are the multiple forces of government, enterprises, and capital. Like the “bubble” that has appeared with the development of the Internet, AI development is accompanied by problems such as disorder, repeated investment, and high start-up costs. Surprisingly, not many projects start with “original technology” from the artificial intelligence algorithm layer due to issues such as data siloing, research and development isolation, labor cost, and high costs.

At the same time, top tech companies such as Google, IBM, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, BAT, etc. are rushing to deploy artificial intelligence, and some companies even regard it as the core driver of future business. As a result, many artificial intelligence patents are in the portfolios of these large companies, and data resources are difficult to fully utilize. In many fields such as speech recognition and driverless driving, for example, many teams do their own work, with very little integration or collaboration with other projects.

Innovation platform

How can the tech field make artificial intelligence development sustainable and healthy? How can we establish a fair and transparent platform for developers, investors, manufacturers, and others to work closely to minimize costs and allow the general public to participate in and share in technological achievements? As a decentralized, open and collaborative platform, Kambria is making huge strides in seeing this type of innovation come to life.

How does Kambria work? Kambria uses blockchain technology to build an open-source platform that accelerates the industry’s innovation process by introducing a broad community of program and patch developers and providing them with the necessary tools and market needs. At the heart of the platform is an open robotics library consisting of a high-level software and modular hardware components to maximize reusability and teamwork in the development process. Because it utilizes crypto-economics, Kambria’s community of investors, companies, contributors, manufacturers, and users will be optimally motivated by the cryptocurrency system, and all parties will work together to grow together.

In the Kambria platform, each step of the innovation process — development, production, manufacturing, and commercialization — is segmented. Parties can manage each step separately while maintaining transparency and trust through the use of blockchain technology. They can also take advantage of token-economics. In this way, excellent engineers can concentrate on creating the best robots, and outstanding entrepreneurs can concentrate on finding the best market and use. Professional manufacturers can produce the best quality parts. And everyone can receive a fair reward.

Artificial intelligence helps the future of mankind

Today’s artificial intelligence has begun to change human life in the areas of transportation, e-commerce, finance, education, medical care, etc. It has greatly improved people’s experience and work efficiency in learning and living and has also triggered some social, political and moral changes.

While some are worried about the future of AI, it is undeniable that this technological revolution will bring tremendous opportunities for the prosperity and development of mankind. We just need to ensure that this technology is applied in the right direction and use a reasonable framework to guide the development of AI-driven applications to ensure reliability, transparency and ethical compliance. There is reason to believe that Kambria, an open innovation platform, can bring creators together and allow artificial intelligence to better serve all humankind.

Please join us in building this future. Join any of our Telegram or social communities linked below to learn more about the mission and progress of Kambria. We always love hearing from you!

The Kambria Team

KAT is a token used on the Kambria platform.
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:42:41 PM

Ask a few dozen random people about the things they cannot live without and many will immediately respond, “my smartphone!” Who would have thought that an invention could scale so quickly and become an inseparable part of our daily lives? In just over 10 years the mainstream adoption of smartphones has increased to a point that many are solely reliant on their device for news, weather, social media, hotel or restaurant reservations, online shopping, playing a game, email, text, and yes, even making phone calls!

Needless to say, technology is making great advancements. Take for instance the development of the supercomputer IBM Watson, the accelerated interest in blockchain technology, and the increasing popularity of drones that have been the topic of many media news stories. As devices become smarter and technology advances, we see a shift taking place from a traditional economy to an automated economy. We are entering the automated revolution and frontier technologies are leading the way.

What Are Frontier Technologies?

Frontier technologies are basically technological advancements that have passed through the research and development (R&D) phase but have not yet been mass marketed nor adopted by the mainstream. Examples of frontier technologies include robotics and artificial intelligence (AI), autonomous vehicles, machine learning, blockchain technology, drones, renewable energy, and augmented reality.

Another feature of frontier technologies is that they usually outpace the ability of regulators and policymakers to adapt and set specific standards for their particular industry. In some cases, especially where mainstream adoption is concerned, regulation can cause the advancement of an innovative technology to slow down.

Robotics and AI

The robotics and AI industries are accelerating at a rapid pace. Various projects have emerged that have already started to shift the perspective people have about robotics from being things of the future to real possibilities in the present. Take, for instance, the humanoid robot Sophia that was granted citizenship in Saudi Arabia or the OhmniLabs telepresence robot that allows children to be present in classrooms when they are unable to attend in person. To be sure, robotics and AI will play a big part in the upcoming 4th industrial revolution. Estimates show that more than 50% of our jobs will be overtaken by automation and the time frame in which this will occur is slowly creeping up.

Machine Learning

A new frontier tech solution that has emerged from AI is machine learning. As a new field, machine learning is used to explore the study and construction of algorithms that can learn from and make predictions on data sets. Uber and Lyft are already using algorithmic pricing, which dictates that people pay a certain price per ride depending on specific customer-related data.

Autonomous Vehicles

Driving a car is an inefficient way to move from point A to point B. Drivers need to constantly be aware of their surroundings and potentially dangerous situations. Each year on average 1.25 million people worldwide are killed while traveling from one place to another. At some point in the future, autonomous vehicles will replace traditional motorized vehicles and make traveling a lot safer.

The automotive industry is testing autonomous vehicles on roads in a number of cities. Recently, Toyota announced a $500 million investment in Uber’s autonomous car development department. BMW is working on developing a fully autonomous car. These are examples of big, traditional companies that are adapting to frontier tech.

Drones

When you hear about drones, you might only think about recreational commercial drones. But DJI, the world’s largest commercial drone company, does a ton of business; it is currently valued at $15 billion. Not bad for a company that was founded in 2016. Interestingly, drone development has the ability to help people in need. Drones can be instructed to help people perform medical care, they are ordered to deliver blood and vaccines near (remote) hospitals in Rwanda and drones can get emergency care packages, medicine, food, and water delivered to a specific disaster location.

Photo by asoggetti on Unsplash
Blockchain Technology

Blockchain or distributed ledger technology has seen steady growth since 2008 when Satoshi Nakamoto introduced the world to the peer-to-peer electronic cash system called Bitcoin. Besides its countless decentralized use cases, such as streamlining a supply chain, building decentralized applications (Dapps), digital identity management, and peer-to-peer trading in the energy market, it can also be used in a centralized way. According to this Forbes article, there are currently more than 50 big corporations exploring the ability to adapt to blockchain technology.

Why Are Frontier Technologies Important?

A companion robot that supports elderly citizens, a Pinterest starting page that automatically shows photos that might interest you based on your personal user data, a glucose monitor that attaches to your smartphone, or a drone that delivers your online orders — these are just a few examples of innovative technologies that might impact our lives in a positive way.

By definition, frontier technologies are always at the forefront of innovation. These technologies have the ability to provide ground-breaking solutions that may be implemented later on a large scale and achieve worldwide mainstream adoption. Frontier technologies can contribute to increasing overall life expectancy and quality of life as we get older.They can provide large-scale solutions to real-world problems.

Corporate Interest in Tech Innovations

Google has been very active in acquiring small tech companies that focus on technologically savvy products. Those companies are absorbed by Google and the technology is further developed within the Google sphere. Besides Google, other companies like Apple (with the acquisition of AI device startup Silk Labs) are following the same path. Just look at the example of Toyota investing $500 million in Uber’s autonomous car service. These are two large corporations that will only become bigger. Not only will they become bigger, but they are also slowing down the industry’s development by keeping their resources and development to themselves. This will not benefit the technology industry. It will only benefit centralized entities.

The Case for Open Innovation in Frontier Technology

A solution to growing the technology industry with equal opportunity for small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as, individual developers, is to provide them with the ability to participate in an open innovation platform where knowledge and resources will be shared and active development will be incentivized. At Kambria, we are creating an open innovation platform where developers, manufacturers, companies, and users will work together and share resources to accelerate frontier technologies. Kambria is a decentralized platform that is based on blockchain technology.

We developed Kambria with blockchain for several reasons:

Our innovations can remain open and available to humanity forever.
Contributions to Kambria will be transparent and immutable.
Attributions to contributors will be fair, transparent, and decentralized.
We are actively collaborating with worldwide universities to avoid waste in university research projects. At Kambria we aim to redefine and turbocharge the innovation process with the help of our contributing community members. Active participants will be rewarded with our native KAT tokens.

What is your vision for frontier technology? Let us know on our Telegram channel or join us on social media through one of the links below to become part of the project that accelerates this next revolution.

The Kambria Team

kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:45:16 PM

Here is our weekly progress report from last week!!

Enjoy!!

https://medium.com/kambria-network/kambria-weekly-progress-report-january-13th-2019-2591da65c522
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:58:09 PM

Here is my personal journey with OhmniLabs and Kambria to CES. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey with the team. It was great fun, and I learned a lot.

Cheers!

William Ryan
Kambria Community Manager

https://medium.com/kambria-network/ces-2019-my-first-journey-b49fe3c255e0
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 10:05:38 PM

I would like to present to you our weekly progress report! https://medium.com/kambria-network/kambria-weekly-progress-report-january-20th-a2e297d20bc4
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 10:13:19 PM

We are VERY excited to present to you the Kambria Master Plan Business Model. Do not scroll past this!!

Dear Kambria Community,

Our new year is off with a bang, and we are eager to deliver the best open innovation platform possible to the market. This article discusses our master plan which will drive the initiatives we are building over the course of the year. (It complements the technical roadmap that was discussed in our Whitepaper.) Our mission is to create a strong, sustainable ecosystem that supports all interested parties both from the top down and from the bottom up, thereby reaping the full potential of the Kambria platform.

Specifically, we will focus on the following three outcomes, all of which are vital to our success.

1. Build a strong token economy

2. Build a strong developer community

3. Generate real-world revenue streams

How We Will Build a Strong Token Economy

In order to build a strong token economy, we need to create a high demand for KAT. Our entire model centers around the KAT token, as it will be used to facilitate the transfer of value for every aspect of the platform. We will do this by requiring that all bounties issued on the platform be payable in KAT, that licensing fees be paid in KAT, and that all membership fees for the Kambria platform are paid for with KAT. To facilitate the ease of use of tokens in these and other platform activities, we will create a fiat gateway for those who want to purchase KAT. We will also periodically buy back KAT on the exchange to assist users and corporations.

In addition to creating demand and increasing ease of use, Kambria will focus on reducing the token velocity by providing incentives for users to stake KAT to vote for viable projects on the platform or stake KAT to win badges and extra membership benefits. We will also participate in revenue sharing so that token holders can receive a portion of revenue generated by our ecosystem.

How We Will Build a Strong Developer Community

Building a strong developer community is crucial to developing a strong, sustainable ecosystem. Without talented and engaged developers, Kambria will not thrive. Therefore, we will focus on creating talent pools through educational programs and organizing hackathons with social impact. We will also incentivize developers to join our platform by offering them project bounties, making the platform easy to use, and allow them to innovate on the work of others, thereby saving them the time and cost of reinvention.

We will also create a collaborative environment for developers through our global Open Innovation Hub, a worldwide network of physical research and development labs. Hubs will be located in Silicon Valley, Vietnam, India, and other countries and will bring together academia, industries, startups, and funds in one physical space. Our goal is to enable collaboration across the globe in a trustless manner.

How We Will Generate Real-World Revenue Streams

The third element of our sustainable platform strategy is to generate real-world revenue streams. To this end, we will provide community services, offer open innovation as a service (OIAAS), develop a licensing program and create a product and technology marketplace.

Community Services

Community services include providing content on the Kambria platform at varying subscription levels corresponding to the number of features provided. For example, one level may allow the user to access Kambria’s KDNA codebase and high-level resource library while the next level also offers a prototyping and manufacturing portal which includes a set number of hours of 3D printing services.

In addition, we will provide educational programs for a set fee. Programs will include training courses for CAD, 3D printing, and/or lean production; educational courses in AI, robotics, data science, and blockchain; mentoring and advisory services; and job placement. Certifications will be issued at the successful completion of the programs.

Lastly, Kambria will continue to host quality events and summits in conjunction with our partners. These include both worldwide meetups and hackathons, which also serve in building our developer community.

A significant portion of the revenue generated will be used to purchase KAT from the market and will be used for bounties, revenue sharing allocations, training programs, and other activities that support our first two initiatives of creating a strong token economy and supporting our developer community. In addition, KAT that is paid to Kambria will be collected in a Community Fund, from which a portion of tokens will be periodically removed and burned.

Open Innovation as a Service

With respect to open innovation as a service (OIAAS), Kambria will utilize several approaches. The first approach is a top-down approach that focuses on bounty challenges. Corporations will be able to propose a bounty for some advanced technology they need. Multiple teams will compete for rewards in multiple rounds. At each round, Kambria community and a panel of experts will pick the teams to go to the next round and reward them accordingly. The final winner will receive the biggest prize of course.

Kambria will earn an administrative fee for organizing and running the challenge and a portion of the bounty will be used to purchase KAT from exchanges and distributed to the winning team(s). In this way, winners will be able to access higher levels of community services via the platform. Community members will be encouraged to stake KAT to vote for teams at each stage of the bounty. Voters will be rewarded with Karma if the team they support wins the challenge.

The second OIAAS approach is referred to as our “bottom-up” approach which generates KAT through Kambria’s Innovation Marketplace. Users will be able to upload their project in the Marketplace and request funding. Backers who are passionate about that project can stake KAT to support it. If a specific project garners sufficient support, then Kambria will collect KAT from backers to help the project lead with development, prototyping, and market fit. Once the technology is fully developed and commercialized, Kambria will distribute revenue earned to stakeholders.

The third approach to OIAAS is to drive innovation through funding university research projects just like NSF or DARPA programs, but without the bureaucratic hurdles that researchers usually have to go through in the grant application process. In this instance, we will create a funding pool from corporations for a category of advanced technology such as robotic arms or computer vision for moving objects and have teams of university researchers apply to receive part of the funding. Kambria community and the corporations’ representatives will be able to vote and select which teams they want to participate in the program. Each team will have to stake KAT to receive the codebase, mentoring, and training. Their final work will also be judged by a panel for the remaining rewards, and their reputation score will be updated for future funding pool participation.

Open Innovation Hubs

In addition to supporting the growth of our developer community, Innovation Hubs will be used to provide community services. Some Hubs will be operated solely by Kambria and others will be managed as joint ventures with our partners. Hubs will be able to provide sourcing services for corporations seeking ideas and tech to integrate into their businesses. For such companies, Kambria will be able to organize hackathons, challenges, and exclusive recruitment programs to uncover experts within specific verticals. This talent sourcing is related to the Hub’s educational mission to train and develop talent pools, both internal and external to corporate clients.

In addition, Hubs will provide consulting services to our corporate clients. Kambria will work closely with internal client teams to identify problems and opportunities and then design solutions using both our internal team and our open source community. If appropriate, we may also be able to deploy the technology itself on behalf of our clients.

Lastly, Hubs will be a source of development services where companies can purchase well-defined, stand-alone technology solutions for a specific need.

Technology Licensing

Another primary source of Kambria’s revenue will be generated from technology licensing. Kambria will charge a fixed fee for available technology which companies or individuals wish to license for commercial use. Revenue will be distributed to inventors, backers, and Karma token holders in a predetermined proportion.

Kambria Store and Products

Lastly, Kambria will generate revenue through sales in the Kambria Store. Store items will include the telepresence robot development platform, the autonomous indoor platform, the cobot (dual arm) platform, and other products as they are developed by Kambria members.

Revenue Projections for 2019

Given the scale and breadth of revenue-generating activities, we project the following revenue goals for 2019:

Projected Revenue $3M USD
Profit sharing: 20%
Projected KAT to be purchased $600,000
Projected KAT to be burned $50,000
Currently, we are pursuing several projects including an AI alliance, a hackathon series, a K-Prize bounty challenge, and are working diligently to launch our Open Innovation Hub Program. All of these initiatives will be live in Q1.

We are confident that our strategy to create a strong and sustainable ecosystem is robust and achievable. We will work diligently on supporting the economics of our token, in creating a vibrant developer community, and in generating various streams of revenue with inside and outside of the platform. All of these pieces are important and need to come together to support the growth of the Kambria platform.

Thank you for your continued support! Our community cannot grow and thrive without you. Please be sure to contact us through one of our channels below should you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.

The Kambria Team
kambria.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:03:55 PM

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 03:20:16 PM

Guys, what happened with Kambria? Any major news today? More than 60% decline in last 24 hours...

crypt0isgr3@t

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 12:14:50 AM

Guys, what happened with Kambria? Any major news today? More than 60% decline in last 24 hours...

Dear Kambria Community,

With the recent changes in the KAT token price, our team has received many questions from those trying to understand what is happening.

For the convenience of all community members, we would like to summarize the questions and answers here.

1. Why did the price of KAT drop so much today?

As many of you know, today is Kambria's second token distribution. In this distribution, Kambria has distributed tokens to all pre-sale, private sale, and seed round groups based on the respective vesting rates for each group.

Unlike the first token distribution, in this second distribution, all token holders must access the app.kambria.io portal, create an account, and follow the instructions to withdraw tokens to their wallets.

Although we have made great efforts to offer bonuses and benefits that encourage the token holders to continue to hold KAT, we still respect the token holder’s right to choose. Many people have chosen to HODL, but some have decided to liquidate it, which is why the KAT price has fluctuated as you see today.

2. Did the team sell their tokens?

We confirm that 100% of the team's tokens remain unchanged.

KAT plays a very important role in the success of the Kambria Platform. As real BUILDERs, we believe that the Kambria Platform will grow very strongly in the future.

3. Token Private Sale and Seed Round will be vesting for how long?

Private Sale tokens will be vested for 3-6 months depending on the bonus. The more bonuses the longer the vesting period.

Seed Round tokens will vest for 12 months.

4. Did the team transfer the 930 million tokens KAT to the KuCoin exchange?

This is completely false.

As mentioned above, Kambria has built a portal to allow token holders to withdraw their tokens monthly. This 930 million tokens KAT is the total number of tokens that are in the portal so that the token holders can receive tokens more conveniently at each distribution.

5. What are Kambria’s plans to develop the value of KAT in the near future?

To ensure the stable development of KAT's value in the future, we will simultaneously carry out many activities such as:
- Enhance Kambria community development in countries that could not participate in buying KAT tokens in private sale, presale, and seed rounds.
- Grow the AI and Robotics developer community to attract more developers to use the Kambria Platform.
- Launch bounty challenge programs and fund those programs with KAT buyback to support the participating teams.
- Convince prominent technology companies to join Kambria's ecosystem to promote the AI ​​and Robotics community.

6. Does Kambria have any future exchange listing plans?

We regret that we cannot comment about exchanges on this channel.

However, we believe that all token holders who have followed us since the first day understand that we are very interested in the rights of the holders. Anything we can do for the holder, we will do.

These are some answers to questions many community members are interested in learning about today. We hope we have shed some light on the current situation for you.

If you still have any questions, do not hesitate to ask us questions at https://t.me/kambriaofficial

Thanks again to everyone who supports Kambria! Our team will be working day and night on your behalf.

From the entire Kambria team,
Thuc Vu, CEO 🙏
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:43:06 PM

The price was above ICO price and in last days it fallen a lot (around in 6x) and now much more below ICO price  Shocked
What was the private sale and pre-sale bonuses? If price fallen in 500-600% just after distribution this tokens, than does this means that private sale investors had such big bonuses?  Shocked
crypt0isgr3@t

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 07:33:14 PM

The price was above ICO price and in last days it fallen a lot (around in 6x) and now much more below ICO price  Shocked
What was the private sale and pre-sale bonuses? If price fallen in 500-600% just after distribution this tokens, than does this means that private sale investors had such big bonuses?  Shocked

Hey my apologies on the delay. I am in California in our offices taking footage and creating content to share with you. I can explain a bit more in details, but many of our private sale investors bought when the price of ETH was much, much higher, so even though the USD price was down, many of them were still able to recoup the ETH they spend, even though it was under the token sale's USD price. The average price for the private sale was around 1.3c, depending on how long some had to wait, and their vesting schedules. We understand this was a big drop, and we are working hard to develop the platform and continue moving forward. I hope you understand that we cannot control what people do with their tokens, but we can control how hard we work on delivering our roadmap to you. I am here if you have any further questions. I will be happy to try to answer them.

Regards,

William Ryan
Kambria CM
crypt0isgr3@t

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:40:05 AM

It is our great pleasure to announce that Kambria has taken home yet another award! We are thrilled to bring you this news as we continue to grow and develop into a mature robotics and AI development company.

This week, Kambria was named the Best Innovation in Robotics for our Open Innovation Platform at the 2019 DEVIES Awards! The 2019 DEVIES Awards recognize technical innovation, adoption, and reception in the developer technology industry and by the developer community.

The DEVIES Awards are the only awards recognizing excellence in developer tools, products, and technology, with the DEVIES Awards Ceremony taking place during DeveloperWeek 2019, the world’s largest developer and engineering conference and expo with over 8,000 attendees.

The 2019 DEVIES Awards received hundreds of nominations, and our developer technology was selected as a DEVIES Award winner based on three criteria:

(1) attracted attention, awareness, and adoption;

(2) general well-regard by the developer, engineering & IT community; and

(3) a leader in its sector for innovation.

“Developer technologies and tools are massively growing in their importance to a business’ operations. Kambria is a great example of the new era of products and services empowering developers and engineers to have a greater impact on a company’s bottom line.” ~ Geoff Domoracki, CEO of DevNetwork, the producer of DeveloperWeek.
Kambria will receive its award at the 2019 DEVIES Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, February 20th, 2019.

If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, please join us at DeveloperWeek 2019 on Thursday and Friday, February 21st and 22nd with a free EXPO Pass sponsored by DeveloperWeek! There will be tons to check out including hackathons, a hiring expo, a series of workshops, open houses, and events all across San Francisco. Click here to learn more about DeveloperWeek.

As Kambria transitions into our next phase of development, we have an open call to roboticists, developers, and innovators who wish to build new technologies. We are creating a full spectrum of development tools that will lead the next wave of development in the space, and we are hosting a variety of different programs to not only incentivize growth but to catapult true innovation on the heels of open-source collaboration.

Let’s see what we can build together!

The Kambria Team

crypt0isgr3@t

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:46:50 AM

The Role of the Open Innovation Hub in the Kambria Ecosystem

Kambria is so excited to launch its Open Innovation Hub Program next week on Tuesday, January 29th! Located in Silicon Valley, Vietnam, India, and other countries, our Innovation Hub is an integral part of our strategy for building a vibrant, integrated ecosystem around the world. For many reasons, our Hub is an ideal way to execute on the long-term goals we set out for ourselves in our Master Plan based on how they support strong tokenomics, how they help us create a strong developer community, and how they will lead to the generation of real-world revenue streams. Read on to learn more about the role of the Innovation Hub and how this program will help us reach our audacious goals!

Background and Purpose of Our Hub

In the wake of the Innovation 4.0 movement, there has been an explosion in the demand for advanced technologies such as AI & Robotics, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning in many sectors including banking, healthcare, energy, e-commerce, and logistics. Early adoption and adept application of these frontier technologies can transform industries. In fact, winning today requires a company to succeed at translating brilliant ideas and inventions into rapid prototypes and mature products or services that bring real value to end users ASAP! This Innovation process, when coupled with an Open Source approach, can trump both capital and scale.

Unfortunately, companies struggle to innovate. Large teams are slow to deliver, and when they do, the technology often falls short of expectations or fails to scale. On the other hand, it’s well-known that some of the best sources of creativity and innovation are found in the startup ecosystem. Through joint innovation, large companies and innovative startups can mutually benefit from broad expertise to deliver tailored and impactful solutions to end users.

This is where our Innovation Hub comes into play.

Kambria aims to foster joint collaboration by connecting pools of raw talent, world-class engineers, and scientists with large corporations. Our Innovation Hub will help corporations access the technology they need and to incubate unicorn startups with the potential to scale globally and create worldwide impact.

In addition to developers and large corporations, Hub stakeholders include universities with their own rich talent pools and existing technology licenses; existing startup and open source projects who can use Hub resources to jumpstart or even propel their projects; mentors and advisors who can serve as subject-matter experts to Hub teams; and governments seeking high-tech partnerships.

Supporting a Strong Token Economy

As a network of physical research and development labs across the globe, the Innovation Hub will be Kambria’s local champion in promoting and accelerating the use of KAT to develop new, advanced technologies. Through our Hub, teams will work on technologies under the supervision and mentorship of experienced entrepreneurs and technical experts from all over the world to build the technology stack of a specific vertical. The teams can use KAT tokens to gain access to the existing codebase, premium content, training programs, prototyping services, and more.

Proposed Hub services and activities include:

A tech shop and access to hardware such as 3D printers, computers, and workspace
A talent development program including mentoring, training and certification
Community development featuring hackathons and bounty challenges
Access to the Kambria Open Innovation platform which includes the use of our high-level KDNA codebase, access to prototyping and manufacturing services
Collaboration opportunities with Kambria development team members and other innovation hubs members worldwide
Potential to receive funding from other VCs in the network and to receive support in building out a new project
As mentioned, many Hub services will utilize a membership feature, dues of which will be payable in KAT, thereby supporting the value of the token.

Creating a Strong Developer Community

It goes without saying that developers are the backbone of the Kambria ecosystem and therefore, vitally important to our Innovation Hub. Developers will have the ability to collaborate directly with Kambria platform users around the world on both hardware and software projects. Through the Hub, they will be actively supported in their endeavors. Developers who previously found themselves held back because they worked independently or on a small team will be able to unleash their full potential in our innovative and collaborative environment.

As noted above, developers will have access to the resources and services we provide. They will benefit from mentoring and advising, they will be able to access 3D printing, Kambria’s high-level KDNA codebase, and more. They will also benefit from educational programs and training provided through the Hub. We are committed to supporting our open-source developers and the Innovation Hub is a great way to do that.

Generating Real-World Revenue Streams

In addition to supporting developers, the Innovation Hub will support the generation of real-world revenue streams, which is important to the growth and success of any ecosystem. Planned revenue-generating activities include managing joint ventures with our partners. The Hub will be able to provide sourcing services for corporations seeking ideas and tech to integrate into their businesses. For such companies, Kambria will be able to organize hackathons, challenges, and exclusive recruitment programs to uncover experts within specific verticals.

In addition, the Hub will provide consulting services to our corporate clients. Kambria will work closely with internal client teams to identify problems and opportunities and to design solutions using both our internal team and our open source community. If appropriate, we may also be able to deploy the technology itself on behalf of our clients.

Lastly, the Hub will be a source of development services where companies can purchase well-defined, stand-alone technology solutions for a specific need. All of these services will be provided for a fee in order to generate real-world revenue.

Our Open Innovation Hub Program officially launches on January 29th! If you are in Silicon Valley, please come visit our new space — we would love to see you! And stay tuned for news about the opening of other sites around the world including Vietnam, India, and Japan.

The Kambria Team

crypt0isgr3@t

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:51:49 AM

Kambria’s Open Innovation Hub Launch +TomoChain Meetup Invitation!

Hey, hey, hey, Kambrians! As promised, our Open Innovation Hub Program launches today with a soft opening of our Silicon Valley location. We’re putting the final touches on the space, getting it all organized and arranged in order to accommodate co-working, workshops, and events for our local community members. Kambria’s Open Innovation Hub is an integral part of our strategy for building a vibrant, integrated ecosystem around the world so we’re very excited to begin!

Interested in Hosting an Event at the Hub?

It’s shaping up nicely, wouldn’t you say? We look forward to welcoming you and/or your group. You’ll be able to host events here, reserve the space for education training, and utilize 3D prototyping services. Reach out via email or through our Telegram Channel to discuss!

Hub Contact Email: social@kambria.io

TomoChain Mainnet Meetup on February 12th

Mark your calendar! We will host our first event at our Silicon Valley Hub on February 12th in conjunction with our esteemed partner, TomoChain. After two years of pursuing the goal of building a unique blockchain infrastructure, TomoChain reached one of its most critical milestones last December — its Mainnet launch.

Please join us for the TomoChain Silicon Valley Meetup, the fifth meetup in the TomoChain Global Mainnet Launch Series hosted by local TomoChain community members and friends such as Kambria in multiple cities. The meetup is where blockchain believers and TomoChain fans gather to keep themselves updated about the project and network.

If you’re in or near Silicon Valley, we’d love to meet you! Please click here to RSVP.

About TomoChain

TomoChain is an innovative solution to scalability problem with the Ethereum blockchain, and other blockchain platforms. TomoChain features a 150-Masternodes architecture with Proof of Stake Voting (POSV) consensus for near-zero fee, and instant transaction confirmation. TomoChain is an ideal scalable smart-contract public blockchain for decentralized apps, token issuance and token integration for small and big businesses. Learn more here: https://tomochain.com/

If you’re looking for an innovative space in which to host your event, please contact us! We would be delighted to discuss the details of your event whether it be a training session, seminar, or workshop.

Hub Contact Email: social@kambria.io

The Kambria Team
crypt0isgr3@t

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:55:32 AM

Kambria Global Innovation Fund Launches with Lehigh University

Kambria is thrilled to announce the launch of the Kambria Global Innovation Fund! The Global Innovation Fund leverages our academic and corporate networks to globally match researchers looking for funding with companies interested in making connections with top universities, intent on investing in R&D, and hungry to be innovative.

As part of that initiative, we are proud to sponsor a CS capstone project at Lehigh University’s P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. Over the course of the year, students from Lehigh will use the OhmniLabs’ robotic platform, which has been licensed to Kambria for developer use on the Kambria platform. Lehigh researchers will have full access to the open source code to create real-world designs and solutions including facial recognition and possibly guiding users to relevant locations, thereby making the OhmniLabs robot even more useful in daily life scenarios.

Our bright minds will be guided by both Kambria engineers and Lehigh Computer Science Professor, Mooi Choo Chuah. Professor Chuah is a Full Professor at Lehigh University, a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and a Fellow of the National Academy of Investors. Located in Pennsylvania, Lehigh University is one of the United State’s most distinguished private research universities. For more than 150 years, Lehigh has offered world-class academics to challenge students to become leaders and to advance the frontiers of science.

“We couldn’t be happier to be working with Professor Mooi Choo Chuah and her CS students,” said Jared Go, Kambria Co-founder and CTO. “We get to support their academic development and they get to contribute to a real-world project that will help further innovation in the robotics industry. We believe this will be a productive and rewarding relationship all around.”
Please watch this space for updates on how Lehigh students are using the Kambria platform to push the boundaries of innovation in the areas of navigation, speech, and robotics. We look forward to sharing their progress with you!

The Kambria Team

crypt0isgr3@t

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:58:58 AM

Kambria Joins #Outliers Accelerator for Blockchain Adoption

Kambria is honored to be a member of the inaugural class of the #Outliers Accelerator Program. #Outliers is a blockchain accelerator and fund across San Francisco, New York, Boston, and Seattle. The #Outliers Accelerator is a fraternity and fellowship for vision-driven blockchain startups to propel their technology development, product growth, and user adoption.

“Searching for and helping outliers” is the core philosophy of our business. We wholeheartedly believe in those who embrace their differences and persist in their quest to be more in life. While every person demonstrates this quality in diverse ways, we usually see vigorous faith, exceptional leadership and a dash of craziness in an “Outlier”.
Throughout the 100-day program, Kambria will be working closely with a group of incredible, established mentors who are themselves outliers.

Vikram Jandhyala — Vice President of Innovation Strategy, UW; Executive Director, GIX & CoMotion
Ethan Zuckerman — Director of Civic Media, MIT Media Lab; Co-founder, Global Voices
Jason Hsu — Crypto Congressman & Legislator, Taiwan; Founding Chairman, FutureX
Joe Roets — Founder & CEO, Dragonchain; Principal Blockchain Architect, Disney
Habib Haddad — Founder & CEO, Wamda and Yamli; Managing Director, MIT E14 Fund
Kyle Wang — Founder & CEO, Global Energy System; Senior PM of Server & Tools, Microsoft
Jun Qian — Principal Director, Microsoft AI+ Research; Founder, Amazon Machine Learning
Ira Winder — Faculty, MIT Urban Studies & Planning; Research Scientist, MIT Media Lab
Jeremy Rubin — Founder, MIT Digital Currency Initiative; Bitcoin Core Developer
#Outliers | Blockchain Accelerator & Fund

Absolutely! #Outliers NEXT is the final demo day of the accelerator program. Unlike traditional demo days, #Outliers…
hashoutliers.com   
Please keep a close watch in this space as we deliver on our Master Plan and accelerate our progress under the guidance and mentorship of #Outliers throughout the 100-day accelerator program. We look forward to seeing what we can #BUIDL together!

The Kambria Team

crypt0isgr3@t

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:16:32 AM

Kambria Hackathon: Global Grand Challenge 2019 — $50K Prize

The Artificial Intelligence and Robotics industries are developing at a rapid speed. According to a report by IDC (International Date Corporation), a research organization, the robot market will reach $135 billion in 2019. With the application of AI, robotics technology is set to become a big industry in the very near future.

The Kambria Global Grand Challenge is an opportunity for programmers and AI solution providers to innovate according to the actual needs of Robots and AI in the world. The competition is also an opportunity to connect participating teams, helping to build a global community of programmers in the AI and Robotics industry.

The Challenge will be held in many different countries tentatively including Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Japan, China, India, Russia, and the United States. The final round of competition among the best teams in each country will be held in Vietnam. This year, the competitions will be sponsored by our partners in Vietnam, including major corporations such as SSI, VPBank, and VTV. Participants will receive challenges and data from our partners to create intelligent virtual assistants based on AI and Robotics applications which can be applied in many areas such as banking services, shopping in stores, merchants, and e-commerce.

During the Challenge, Kambria will hold meetings to introduce the program and meet AI ​​community members in the host countries. To participate in the Challenge, programmers will register, form teams, and submit their projects on Kambria’s platform. Teams are required to use KAT tokens to access and use Kambria’s platform resources.

Kambria Foundation plans to purchase $50,000 USD worth in KAT from the market to support the program.

To provide background and support to the participating teams, as well as more information on practical topics, Kambria will host workshops guided by both leading experts and representatives from our sponsoring companies.

The total prize value of the program is up to $50,000 USD. In addition, after the Challenge, the winning team will have the opportunity to gain funding, and continue to develop and improve the product under the guidance of a team of leading experts, professors, and technology researchers within the Kambria Network.

This is the first of a series events that Kambria will host in a line of hackathons and bounty programs, centered on catapulting innovation in this space. This is an open invitation to all developers, so if you, or someone you know, is interested in developing artificial intelligence or robotics, come and join us as we shape the world’s tomorrow. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.

Competition details and registration information to follow shortly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: