Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:37:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think HODL is bad for your health?  (Read 902 times)
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:03:59 PM

I think people who are too stressed to hold long term should probably not invest in an asset this volatile. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are not for everyone. There are more conservative investments out there.
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:09:46 PM

I don't think so. If anything it's unhealthy to be obsessing over the market everyday lol. HODL and keep carrying on
Thymoty

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

CPLAY Network

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:10:37 PM

not exactly the opposite, Hodl is great for health only set the time when the coin is sold, so our sleep more soundly and comfortable Cheesy Cheesy

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
Tim2412

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:14:28 PM

HODL is the best  strategy now in such unpredictable market, and save  your money is better to your health
Fire316

Activity: 281
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:31:40 PM

I find it kinda hard to HODL when the marketing is bearish... there is a lot of stress:p
Do you think going HODL might be bad for the health?Smiley

Hold is not bad to our health it help us to earn much better and teach us to have enough patience. The stress that makes people a health problem is come from their mind, they got it on how they think for everything. If your goal is to hold then why you stress yourself and not think positive that after holding you will gain more profit that you are expecting. Holding is risky but you don't need to stress yourself, just do things that can carry your mind.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:41:55 PM

What cryptos are you currently holding? Because if you breed the top coins, I think you will not have to worry much because it is certain that by the end of 2018 Bitcoin rates with Ethereum will increase. You do not have to overthink because it will affect your health, causing stress. If you are hodl altcoins, then exchange to Bitcoin or ETH then hodl is the best way to reduce stress, anxiety.

Dimsum222

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:49:12 PM

I find it kinda hard to HODL when the marketing is bearish... there is a lot of stress:p

Personality has a big impact on how you deal with market volatility, and what portion of your total worth is invested in it.  5% vs 50% makes a pretty big difference.   
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:06:33 PM

I have been involved in high volatility business for almost ten years, since I started in the Forex business in 2010, but before that I was involved in many other investment models such as HYIPs. Therefore I have become a lover of uncertainty and volatility, although to be honest I have learned on the fly that this market is very unique and can not be compared to the experiences I have faced before, so for some time I understood that committing 100% to hold is not the most profitable decision, and that is why these days I use a certain percentage of my bitcoin holdings to trade daily.
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:36:56 PM

You shouldn't stressed yourself when the market is down it is just normal, in the first place you already knew how crypto currencies works and its risk for invesments. I guess the best way for you to do is hold it for a little longer and don't always check the prices because if you're not going to hold it now and sell it directly I am sure that's bad for your health but keep on holding and always think the postive way.
tuliobrothers

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:40:31 PM

Sometimes  i find it more stressful.  Holding is not easy,  it can give you lots of stress when the market is down and the price can't go back right away.

BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:45:57 PM

This is quite a funny question, aaaand... yes, in a way I could say that hodl doesn't really benefit my health at all, unless I completely stop to think at the issue - which on the other side has other drawbacks.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
jack8989

Activity: 331
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:53:07 PM

If you made the decision that you'll hold then just don't search the information about the price when you're holding.
Check it twice a week to make sure that it don't go to deep. Being panic will kill your hold career and make some panic decisions. That's the way you lose your profits.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:53:35 PM

I think people who are too stressed to hold long term should probably not invest in an asset this volatile. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are not for everyone. There are more conservative investments out there.
That's right, this field isn't for them. I'm thinking also that this people helping market to be more volatile. It is better to leave from crypto  and live the real form of investment, and beside we are not pushing them to be in here and getting crazy in holding their coins.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:31:31 AM

In order not to experience stress, you need to have additional passive sources of income and nerves of iron. If you can't stay calm, hold isn't for you.
Yeah I think you need other income apart from crypto so you do not stress. do not rely on income only from cryptocurrency alone. because that's what will make you stress because holding for a long time because the price does not go up? if you have other income sources you will not be too depressed to hold your bitcoin for long time because of waiting for the price to go up
cyberkuto

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:37:11 AM

The very easiest you can do is just to invest without checking it.  Whether it drop down or goes up, just make it as your "forget money".  Then look on in after couple of years for you not to be stress. 
CryptoCADCAM

Activity: 128
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:38:44 AM

HODL HODL HODL is the thing but still you need to stay healthy to hodl and know when to get out Smiley
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:44:05 AM

If you made the decision that you'll hold then just don't search the information about the price when you're holding. Check it twice a week to make sure that it don't go to deep. Being panic will kill your hold career and make some panic decisions. That's the way you lose your profits.
Hahaha, I think HOLDING is not bad for our health. That is because HOLDING for some long-term investment is taking a little effort and we just need to focus on collecting and saving our money. In the other hand, short-term investment and daytrading is very risky and will need a lot of effort to monitor the price of currencies and some Altcoins. Long-term investor do not care about the bad news or the reduction of the price of the Bitcoin that is happening right now. That is because they only care about the final result and the outcome of their investment. They believe that the price of Bitcoin will recover sooner or later.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:46:48 AM

Yes. HODL is the only way we can survive. Don't think first about your portfolio. This bearish is normal on the market. It is just making a price correction after the long bull run of the market last year. Let's hope that the market can recover at the end of year, let's pray.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:47:32 AM

Hodling is bad for your health, I mean hodling your breath for a long time. LOL.  Grin

Kidding aside, why do you have to blame hodling for the deterioration of your health? You know what, it is not hodling that gives you stress actually. It is the emotional loads that you insist on carrying when you do not have to. There is no need to get stressed just because you are hodling in times of a bearish market because hodling is the best option available. When you are doing the right thing, you should not get stressed. Instead, you will be feeling hopeful and positive because of it.  
FaithNlove_24

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:12:10 AM

It can be! It all depends on how you handle it. It's very tempting to continuously check the market, which would be stressful. I could see this affecting people's health if they are always stressing in this manner.  Overall though, it shouldn't be. Just sit back and let it run its course.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: