Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:54:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think HODL is bad for your health?  (Read 902 times)
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:51:45 PM

It's not healthy as you will add a lots of stress while seeing the bearish market, better to stay away if you really have some trust with your holdings,
trading always have ups and downs so before starting dealing with this activity, better to assure yourself that you already got a lots of knowledge
and patience to proceed, like what many said never to look when the market is falling to avoid doing mistakes and loses your investment.

Hodling is still a lot better for your health compared to daytrading. You dont need to stare at your screen 24/7 because that is how market is working 24/7. By hodling, you just need to find a good entry point and check it only once or twice a week. That is better for your health. Buy and forget, when it is cheaper buy more and forget again

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dani33

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:55:06 PM

I think could be bad for my health because when I hodl in negative periods I feel a bit stressed but it is normal. This is a investment and we have to think in a long term period if we want make profit.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
23xfi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:31:53 PM

First, before I buy a coin for longterm, I make sure it's a project I believe in. That's my number one filter.

When I HODL, I lock it up and keep my mind off it. It's never easy to do but it is what has to be done. Reminding myself that "it's what has to be done" keeps me going. I've been well on track so far and hopefully, I can keep up.
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:37:52 PM

I find it kinda hard to HODL when the marketing is bearish... there is a lot of stress:p
Do you think going HODL might be bad for the health?Smiley
I don't think HOLD is straightforwardly related with health. As we as a whole know purchasing Btc for benefit typically requires HOLD for quite a while. This has just had mental expectation when we buy. I don't figure we should stress excessively over the fluctuation of the market. We regularly think about the cost of Btc.
moetimas

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:54:30 PM

the state of the market is hot right now, and at the same time has made my mind also become hot. there are some altcoins I still hold, because the price is falling along with the bitcoin price,and the price is really falling compared to when I bought it. to avoid a prolonged panic, I put a sell order at the right price, and then I left the market for a moment. I do this to avoid the stress of over-monitoring the current volatile market.
malbterxic

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 06:09:15 PM

I think so, health can be spoiled on any nonsense, it is very important how you yourself feel about it,
if vigorously to react to every detail, it is possible very early to earn a heart attack.
And a long wait here is not to blame, you just need to think Philosophically.

All will pass (king Solomon).

sebastianAndrei

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:12:03 AM

Just don't think too much about crypto and relax for a bit even if you dont see anyhope in this bearish month just keep yourself intact dude and HODL! everyone is passing this kind of pace in the current time where everyone are stressing out because of the red sea on our blockfolio.
Games.Bitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:17:42 AM

It can be emotionally straining sometimes and pretty tiring but that goes with life in general doesnt it

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:36:52 AM

Not really if you have strong minds. Usually, people who hodl who are not mentally tough will eventually gave in because of the emotions that they can't ever take in. And that's what makes hodling bad to your health. So always remember that when you hodl, you have to hodl strong.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Bariannen

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:41:18 AM

I find it kinda hard to HODL when the marketing is bearish... there is a lot of stress:p

HODL might be bad for health of those who invested money which they can't afford to lose. Otherwise, there is no problem to hold without any extra stress.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:42:32 AM

Yeah I totally understand you.Holding can sometimes be really stressful and it might affect your life in many ways if you have invested too much money.And lately the market is red and it's bleeding much.Many people are panicked whether to dump their holdings or keep faith in god and keep holding until the market is bullish.We all love bullruns but at the moment the market is bearish and all we can do is wait and watch.
My only advice which we all know is that invest only a finite money which you can afford to lose.Or else it might bring you stress and affect your health.
All the best to all crypto holders let's hope the bullish season comes soon.
CryptoBatman1

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:43:30 AM

Just keep the faith. You will be in peace. Put it in your mind that Bitcoin will reach 100,000 USD very soon but you cannot expect that to happen in a single bull run.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

I dont find being stressful in holding a coin unless you are always looking at crypto market value every time. If investing in crypto is making your health bad,better to sell out all of your coins. Lets say you make profit with crypto but the ending is your earning will be to pay for hospital bills Smiley

alexmuro

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:44:16 AM

the key point of holders is patience.
Not getting stressed over market fluctuation is what you need, you need to check the value every week or even every month or two.
Get some BTC and forget about it, always keeping in mind to invest what you can afford to lose and you are good to go.
Checking the market value couple of times per day is very stressing and useless unless you are a daily trader.
I agree with you mate. Always checking the market value of bitcoin while hodling is a stressful activity especially you're always expecting it to rise. It may affect also your health in that case. For me, its better to have more patience in waiting and never expect more money to come in return from your investment. Its a kind of mindset that will keep you feel better.
the_viper

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:48:58 AM

It might be stressful to be holding bitcoin and altcoins in your crypto-currencies wallet during a bearish market, but I don't think it is stressful enough to affect your health unless the person did took out a huge loan with the banks to invest into crypto-currencies and it caused him to get into huge debts with the banks.
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:20:53 AM

I know that you will be very stressful when holding but you cant have any choices if you are not good at trading skills. besides, you must train yourself with that because it is a normal feeling in this market. Do not check price frequently.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:52:57 AM

I think you shouldn't take it personally about the falling of bitcoin unless you have a large amount of it.
The falling of bitcoin and crypto price is a common thing in the market because cryptocurrency are volatile.
moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:01:39 PM

Don't think too much in a negatively manner as this will create stress. Forget about your investments and do not check it regularly.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:37:22 AM

It can be emotionally straining sometimes and pretty tiring but that goes with life in general doesnt it
If you have some other permanent job or some other work to do and that you have bought some bitcoins, then the best thing which can help you in making of a large amount of money from the money which you have invested in bitcoin is none other than that of holding of your bitcoins because it will help you in making of more money as well as you don’t need to do lot of hard work as well. You just need to be patient.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:46:23 AM

the condition of the market is hot right now, and in the meantime has made my brain additionally wind up hot. there are some altcoins regardless I hold, in light of the fact that the cost is falling alongside the bitcoin price,and the cost is extremely falling contrasted with when I got it. to evade a drawn out frenzy, I put an offer request at the correct cost, and after that I cleared out the market for a minute. I do this to maintain a strategic distance from the worry of over-checking the present unpredictable market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: