Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:55:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashgraph is mind blowing!🤔🤔🤔  (Read 126 times)
xiaohang07 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:15:48 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 07:32:22 PM by xiaohang07

I attended the Hashgraph show last night, which is mind blowing. Hashgraph is said to be a data structure & consensus algorithm which is not only faster, fairer, but also more secure than blockchain. If all they mentioned are valid, then it will be truly ground breaking. What do you think of Hashgraph?
Check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCy9FnOq19s

BTW, you guys can check out the video provided by Ivan on tech about hashgraph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuL4DN2dA4E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:17:37 PM

I think that the best technology at the moment is the IOTA direct acyclic graph that provides a great network capacity without compromising safety and has low fees.
xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:20:49 PM

I think that the best technology at the moment is the IOTA direct acyclic graph that provides a great network capacity without compromising safety and has low fees.
I think IOTA's tech is innovative. I haven't follow the recent development of IOTA lately, though. Hashgraph seems to build its consensus mechanism based on DAG as well. 

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:25:58 PM

I think nano and byteball have it covered

let's be honest though for an in depth analysis and objective educated opinion that rules out what 99.999999 % of the board that will come here to spam their blockchain alternative.

in the end when all have been weighed in the balance we will be back to bitcoin

xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:28:44 PM

I have seen info about hashgraph and looks interesting. But, am waiting till they have some kind of product before thinking of getting in.
I think they have released their SDK already. It is currently on testnet. It seems that it is a patented tech, which could set up a barrier for the community of developers to grow.

xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

let's be honest though for an in depth analysis and objective educated opinion that rules out what 99.999999 % of the board that will come here to spam their blockchain alternative.

Based on my observation, hashgraph is not just another altcoin. If you check the video out, you will find that their software and legal team are high-profile.

cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:36:07 PM

I think IOTA's tech is innovative. I haven't follow the recent development of IOTA lately, though. Hashgraph seems to build its consensus mechanism based on DAG as well. 

Hashgraph is still in early stages as you mentioned IOTA, for instance there they have a problem called 33% attack if I remember well and to stop this developers have included some coordinator how they call it which is basically a server through which they control the whole network as everything has to pass through them. Although hasgraph is really interesting this because it could really end the scaling debate forever because they use different data structure than blockchain and I strongly believe this is the future we must head to and go and opt for.
xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:39:03 PM

Hashgraph is still in early stages as you mentioned IOTA, for instance there they have a problem called 33% attack if I remember well and to stop this developers have included some coordinator how they call it which is basically a server through which they control the whole network as everything has to pass through them. Although hasgraph is really interesting this because it could really end the scaling debate forever because they use different data structure than blockchain and I strongly believe this is the future we must head to and go and opt for.
The blockchain industry or you may say distributed ledger industry will be more and more interesting in the following years. Hopefully more and more talented people like Vitalik will jump on stage to make a difference.

Sanderion

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:01:24 PM

Based on my observation, hashgraph is not just another altcoin. If you check the video out, you will find that their software and legal team are high-profile.

Hedera Hashgraph is really mind blowing! https://www.hederahashgraph.com/ - make your own research!
This project is a unicorn, really wanna take part in their ICO (but i think all coin would be sould on private sales Cry )

boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:03:36 PM

To all the people spouting IOTA as the next best thing, they should know that it is really vulnerable to a majority attack. Numerous times in the past different mining pools have approached the capacity required to launch such an attack on bitcoin. Once IOTA becomes bigger, such an attack will become increasingly likely, despite their mitigation strategies.
xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:20:47 PM

Hedera Hashgraph is really mind blowing! https://www.hederahashgraph.com/ - make your own research!
This project is a unicorn, really wanna take part in their ICO (but i think all coin would be sould on private sales Cry )

Agree. Right now, you can register interest on their website, but I heard that you need to have accredited investor status to be able to buy H tokens in presale.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: