Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:17:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CryptoStocks] Satoshi Poker IPO  (Read 8336 times)
Bitsandbits

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:37:43 AM

Please post your deposit address validating your rake per day claims.
Please post some graps/docs of player volume

About the costs, you are saying you paid 90k for a software that by your own words does not meet the "minimal industry standards" 5-6months later. Then you now want to buy the source of this "outdated" software for 100k, for then to pay another x amount for the new software (additions?) that will be done in December. Sounds like a great plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpnxd31y0Fo

You are totally misquoting me. I paid $40k for the current software which was the desktop client and the html5 client (see https://satoshipoker.org/html5).
Im not remotely interested in buying the source of the current client. Enterra rebuilt their software applications from scratch making them fully communicate and native for the mobile users. They charge $90k license fee for all their clients which are: 1 windows desktop client, 1 MacOS client, 1 native android app, 1 iphone app and 1 html5 client. We already own the licenses for our current software. The $90K is to buy licenses for the new bundle package and the $100k is the price tag to get the source code of every one of these products so we can put our own team up to devellop this.

We don't charge rake to a bitcoin address. The rake is deducted from player accounts by our backend and thus we get a surplus in our hot wallet. On weekly basis we check the total player balances and the funds in cold storage and if needed add some funds to these cold wallets. If not needed we use the funds for marketing or promotion. With the IPO we will automatically reserve 50% of all rake in one player account so we can see exactly how much has to be paid out. We will have that account withdraw to CryptoStock and pay out the dividends. I will post you some graphs and statistics tomorrow, even though you are not interested to buy. I had a 3-day session preparing for this and I am in Bangkok time zone. I'm going to get some sleep first.

Ohhh So you paid only 40k. Well this makes even less sense then, because as "thy" points out you've already taken a considerable amount of investor money, while you claim to have invested more than 100k yourself. Please elaborate on the 100k you say you've personally put into this project and where that has then gone.

And I know you don't charge/send rake to specific bitcoin addresses. All im asking is for you to show proof of deposit volume so investors can see if your 2.5 to 4 bitcoins in rake per day holds up.

To me, you obviously don't know what you are doing and you've unfortunately so far been able to basically scam a few people already, I wish I stumbled upon this back then, maybe I could have saved someone.

The fact that you say you can make your site the fifth largest poker site in the world, in 12 months, based on this IPO, is so absurd it speaks for itself. Do you realize the budgets you are competing against? Even some smaller sites are paying 200mill just to sponsor a soccer team.. And they are like 30 on that list.

It gets even worse, you are claiming this without submitting any facts, documentation, plans or anything that would indicate you are on that path. All you are saying is that you would like these investors to overpay for a software upgrade. Why? Because you are realizing this doesn't work, you are running out of funds, losing money on freerolls/promotions, forcing you to scale back and this is the only hope and time you have.. Take your bag and leave, stop lying and sell the site for 10-20k and move on.

And I want to point out something else when I've first started:

In the grindabit thread linked earlier you are accused by your own "sponsored pros" (which are just regular players for the record) of playing and winning funds versus them with an anon-alias on your own site. Not only that but you also admit they are Seals player and their sole task was to bring friends and player over from there. This is very unethical and not something a serious poker site would ever do!

And you also admit that you allow a bot to play on your site because "the bot is bad and you don't want it coming back under new alias" This is literately insane, you are basically allowing someone to tweak their bot without interference..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinFlush (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

No longer satoshipoker.org - Can't change avatar

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 04:39:22 AM

About the costs, you are saying you paid 90k for a software that by your own words does not meet the "minimal industry standards" 5-6months later. Then you now want to buy the source of this "outdated" software for 100k, for then to pay another x amount for the new software (additions?) that will be done in December. Sounds like a great plan.

You are totally misquoting me. I paid $40k for the current software which was the desktop client and the html5 client (see https://satoshipoker.org/html5).
Im not remotely interested in buying the source of the current client. Enterra rebuilt their software applications from scratch making them fully communicate and native for the mobile users. They charge $90k license fee for all their clients which are: 1 windows desktop client, 1 MacOS client, 1 native android app, 1 iphone app and 1 html5 client. We already own the licenses for our current software. The $90K is to buy licenses for the new bundle package and the $100k is the price tag to get the source code of every one of these products so we can put our own team up to devellop this.

We don't charge rake to a bitcoin address. The rake is deducted from player accounts by our backend and thus we get a surplus in our hot wallet. On weekly basis we check the total player balances and the funds in cold storage and if needed add some funds to these cold wallets. If not needed we use the funds for marketing or promotion. With the IPO we will automatically reserve 50% of all rake in one player account so we can see exactly how much has to be paid out. We will have that account withdraw to CryptoStock and pay out the dividends. I will post you some graphs and statistics tomorrow, even though you are not interested to buy. I had a 3-day session preparing for this and I am in Bangkok time zone. I'm going to get some sleep first.

Ohhh So you paid only 40k. Well this makes even less sense then, because as "thy" points out you've already taken a considerable amount of investor money, while you claim to have invested more than 100k yourself. Please elaborate on the 100k you say you've personally put into this project and where that has then gone.

And I know you don't charge/send rake to specific bitcoin addresses. All im asking is for you to show proof of deposit volume so investors can see if your 2.5 to 4 bitcoins in rake per day holds up.

To me, you obviously don't know what you are doing and you've unfortunately so far been able to basically scam a few people already, I wish I stumbled upon this back then, maybe I could have saved someone.

The fact that you say you can make your site the fifth largest poker site in the world, in 12 months, based on this IPO, is so absurd it speaks for itself. Do you realize the budgets you are competing against? Even some smaller sites are paying 200mill just to sponsor a soccer team.. And they are like 30 on that list.

It gets even worse, you are claiming this without submitting any facts, documentation, plans or anything that would indicate you are on that path. All you are saying is that you would like these investors to overpay for a software upgrade. Why? Because you are realizing this doesn't work, you are running out of funds, losing money on freerolls/promotions, forcing you to scale back and this is the only hope and time you have.. Take your bag and leave, stop lying and sell the site for 10-20k and move on.

In the grindabit thread linked earlier you are accused by your own "sponsored pros" (which are just regular players for the record) of playing and winning funds versus them with an anon-alias on your own site. Not only that but you also admit they are Seals player and their sole task was to bring friends and player over from there. This is very unethical and not something a serious poker site would ever do!

And you also admit that you allow a bot to play on your site because "the bot is bad and you don't want it coming back under new alias" This is literately insane, you are basically allowing someone to tweak their bot without interference..

I'm going to keep this short considering you come to this thread and probably this forum for one reason only, looking at your post count. I would invite anybody that is interested in purchasing shares during the IPO to do their own research.

I don't see how it would be unetical to sign players a pro deal on the promise to get people over. If you run a pokersite, there is only one place you can get your customers from: the competition. If you look at the thread in Grindabit you mention it is actually the same pro's that ran with the money I staked them to come back 2 months later to accuse SP out of the blue, just based on a feeling they had. In fact, after posting the evidence on the matter, the same pro's left the thread. I'm not going to stake players to then get back the money I provided to get the cash games going.

If you post information, please post the correct one, as I have the habit of ignoring baseless accusations and misrepresentations.

Let's color the MOON: Y1Dxt2kmHoRRWPBEeKv9rzCfcA7EvrWv82
BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 05:25:11 AM

I envision SP to become a community owned site in the near future, hooking up the backend to an online interface where customers can do the entire decision making about the site, listing tournaments and voting if it should be posted or not. Putting the entire financials of the site online so everybody can see its progress at any time. Having the shares serviced inside the own software and getting all financial processes completely automated. Being able to aquire or sell their shares within the Satoshi Poker client. Proposing new features for the software and have the majority decide if a price quote is right or not. Satoshi Poker will become the first democratic pokersite where the customers decide what happens with it by majority vote.

With players owning their own site and being able to enforce the changes they wish, Satoshi Poker will not just be a site, it will become a movement. A pokersite is nothing but binary code in essence. Any quality any of the sites offer can be rebuilt and even improved, hence the reason that marketleader Pokerstars still has programmers on their payroll to keep improving their software and bringing new games. Having said that it is clear that any pokersite stands or falls by the grace of its players base. It has been this loyal player base which are the reason that we are still in business and turning in a profit, while working with inferior material and budget.

As founder and CEO of Satoshi Poker, I aim to provide the foundation this system can flourish upon. I aim to provide this system the fundamental software for both the site as the new-to-build back end. If our IPO will fail, there would be no issue at all, we can just go on the way we are doing now and keep growing organically. I believe however that it is a mistake to try to grow organically while having the chance to have the very same players who are now supporting the site buying parts of the sites and reaping the benefits of their efforts to take our site upwards. We tried to build a technical solution to have our players buy shares in the site from our own website but we failed to do so, as the API of the current software didn't allow us to get it fully working. I believe that with the current IPO we are able to raise enough funds to aquire the software package we wish to buy and get the technical side of our 'player panel' built.

When looking at the bigger pokersites it is true that they have a way bigger promotion budget but the founding and growth of bitcoin itself has shown that it just needs a community to make a project prosper. Competitor sites try to buy their customer with promotions, we will try to make our customers buy us and become the promotors themselves. Besides that, bitcoin poker is still in its infancy considering the possible markets it can take over. Bitcoin based poker should be the only logical choice of play in some countries.  Bitcoin currently represents under 0.1% of the entire market for online poker. Considering the US and China alone to make up for over a quarter of the world population and both loving the game of poker but not having a home to play on, I believe bitcoin poker can and will outgrow fiat currency games and the first site that comes with a serious software product, backed by some serious marketing will not get a piece of that pie, but nearly the whole pie. The fact that the biggest bitcoin pokersite runs on $300 maven software says enough IMO.

When turning a bitcoin poker site into a community owned project where the community decides its direction to follow while only being able to benefit from the site's growth will become an unstoppable movement, especially when breaking open key markets others can't enter.

I believe in this project. It is what I have been working on since January of this year and it is what I will keep working on, whether the IPO is a success or not. Without IPO success it will just take a lot longer to get to that point.

BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 07:33:08 AM

My site pro has requested me to post this message here as he does not have a bitcointalk account:

Today i have been studying the criticisms of Satoshi Poker, our IPO, and our future potential. I feel I should speak up. My online identity is PLO8MONSTER. (Randall M)

I am the site pro and i have worked very hard to help Satoshi grow this site. I have worked very closely with our CEO to turn this company around. I'm no MBA, with the experience of investing as many of you who are posting criticism do. So first of all, I respect that many of you are highly accomplished bitcoin investors. I do not intend to discount your concerns.

Indeed, i respect your accomplishments. It is great for the Bitcoin industry as a whole to have a platform for discussion of bitcoin investment.

What i do posses is the tremendous trust of my fellow bitcoin poker players.. We as players also use a WOT (wall of trust) ...  ... I am considered one of the very most trustworthy poker players online period.

See plo8monster listed at the top of the WOT at  http://sealsdeals.info/?trust

I have been on the top of that list since it's inception. I currently have fallen from "THE" most trusted online bitcoin poker player to 3nd on that list of thousand of players. This is because I am no longer playing at the competitors poker site. I could easily take the number one position back if i cared to play as a staked player again, at a site i lost trust for. That competitors site took a bad path that inflicted harm on it's players.. Plo8monster no longer plays that site for that very reason.

People trust me, players trust me, admins trust me, but most of all........ I trust me to "TELL THE TRUTH" no matter what !!

I am not anonymous. All you need do to discover my identity is Google PLO8MONSTER. What i am saying here is that I DO trust this proposal for bitcoin investors is awesome!!

It is my firm belief that cognizance is commensurate with courage. And it takes a tremendous amount of courage and even faith, to look at something from different point of veiw. So im just gonna put my point of view out here for all to see...

I think this offer as a penny stock, will later give you options, that you will not want to miss.. I would suggest trying some of this venture, but certainly not a large purchase at this time. Furthermore, I suggest you view it as a venture not a stream of revenue within its first year..(there will be some revenue generated but nothing substantial until we triple in size). Which actually is not that far away!

Honestly,  we ARE growing. I have a lot of sweat equity into making that happen... When I accepted this position, it was because Satoshi made a commitment to design a no drama zone.  A "safe and pleasant place to play your poker and call home" ... I told him "if we build it they will come" and they are coming. The blatant corruption on other sites pushed me away. I welcomed this opportunity.

Do i feel Satoshi has exaggerated income? Yes to some extent that is true. We have NOW reached a level of daily loyal players to cover our tournaments and guarantees... This Past few weeks we have actually raised Guarantees, because the number of active players has grown substantially.. We are experiencing great momentum, and that is why this offer is being made. Timing is everything. We simply want to fully take advantage of the momentum we have worked so hard to create.

I have helped grow other sites, so this is not my first rodeo... All online poker sites lose money early on... And a lot of that is due to them having to provide tournament guarantees that dont cover cost. They do this early on, so that the cash game tables are available. The cash games are the profit early on.. But the growth in a site is due to tournament play. Eventually the tournament play becomes slightly profitable, and thus making all cash play pure profit... We at Satoshi Poker are at this stage of development currently.

The best way i can explain this is that early on poker sites grow by addition. The sites add players until they have enuf to run tournaments and build a schedule that is adaptable for growth. Yet, the goal is to; not give the farm away with guarantees while doing it. That is where I fit in.. That is what my boss and I have accomplished, since my arrival as Satoshi Poker's site pro.

Now here is the deal, that an investor needs to know!! When the poker site reaches the stage we are currently at, the growth no longer remains addition, it becomes multiplication. Once Viral it becomes exponential growth... So if your looking for an investment that will pay exponentially, A poker site such as ours, Has awesome potential for that kinda growth...

I'm not gonna lie to you, or stretch the truth., When i arrived at Satoshi Poker we had a bad business model for pro and site.. It was not profitable for either party. And because the pro's held no accountability it was a lose/lose relationship.  I have since worked with Satoshi to build a win/win relationship with our player our pro's our affiliates and our investors... Poker players like me we dont understand high finance.. But we do understand EV and implied odds and how to maximize the hand we are dealt... The estimated value ( within 2 years of today) with the implied odds of Satoshi poker's growth in the bitcoin poker industry, make this a good venture investment..

I predict not only will the value of our company grow to meet this offer, but as bitcoin itself gains value  it makes this a double plus ROI plus ROI for risk vs reward... I suggest you dont make large purchases at this time, that you hold the shares you buy. As we grow your going to have leverage to make large purchases as this small  investment matures.. Your biggest ventures in life will always be the ones that were ground floor opportunities.

That is my take on it... Now I will tell you this also, the funds we are raising will accelerate our growth. We need your help, but we will succeed regardless. It may be slower, but we have a successful model working currently that WILL only improve.. We have no intention to abandon Satoshi Poker for any reason.. It is our child... We didnt throw it away because it was broken. We repaired damages and amended our approach to growth. This Is working and will only get better.. A site like ours has perpetual growth potential. And I have to say our players appreciate us, and we appreciate them.

If you really want to know the value of a company and especially the value of its future, ask it's clients.

I am asking my boss to post this, on behalf of Satoshi Poker at your site for bitcoin investors. I will post it for our players on Grindabit's Satoshi Poker forum. WE as players, and as a players poker site, ask you to please consider that any company's best assets are their people. We are a good investment.

Players,  please feel free to comment on how you feel about Satoshi poker in the long run. Please be aware potential investors may read your post. So tell the truth and be honest and forthright with your comments.. We can grow faster and easier with the capital we are raising. This will benefit you as a player and us as a business.. Speak up, as always, we value the input of our loyal players.

~~~plo8

Satoshi Poker
plo8monster
Site Pro - Satoshi Poker
http://grindabit.discussioncommunity.com/post/investing-in-satoshi-poker-6578185

sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:09:25 AM

While I have absolutely no reason to suggest you are not a trustworthy member of the poker community - touting that list as meaning you are the most trustworthy player in online poker is totally absurd. That list has no meaning when it comes to morality or ethics, all it shows is that you have not welched on some bets essentially. I would generally expect the most trusted guy in online poker to have a few more followers on twitter than the 13 you have. Just as a comparison lets look at someone who is actually considered to be one of the most trustworthy players in online poker Isaac (Ike, LuvtheWNBA)  Haxton who has well over 13,000 twitter followers. That is a guy that when he speaks about ethics, trust and morality the poker community actually listen. A guy that is frequently chosen by the poker community to moderate disputes both financial and ethical.

sparky999

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:16:45 AM

I am going to now ask this for the third and final time as you have so far failed to answer, before I leave this thread and it's potential investors to make up their own minds.

Do you honestly believe that offering your services without applying for the appropriate licenses to fenced countries such as Spain, Italy, Belgium etc is not illegal?

What about U.S.A. do you think the UIGEA does not apply to you simply because you are using bitcoin? If so please provide evidence of any legal opinion ever provided to anyone in regards to online poker in the U.S.A. that this is the case.
BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 08:35:50 AM

While I have absolutely no reason to suggest you are not a trustworthy member of the poker community - touting that list as meaning you are the most trustworthy player in online poker is totally absurd. That list has no meaning when it comes to morality or ethics, all it shows is that you have not welched on some bets essentially. I would generally expect the most trusted guy in online poker to have a few more followers on twitter than the 13 you have. Just as a comparison lets look at someone who is actually considered to be one of the most trustworthy players in online poker Isaac (Ike, LuvtheWNBA)  Haxton who has well over 13,000 twitter followers. That is a guy that when he speaks about ethics, trust and morality the poker community actually listen. A guy that is frequently chosen by the poker community to moderate disputes both financial and ethical.
Please stop bashing my site pro. He can't respond here  Grin

BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 08:38:40 AM

I am going to now ask this for the third and final time as you have so far failed to answer, before I leave this thread and it's potential investors to make up their own minds.

Do you honestly believe that offering your services without applying for the appropriate licenses to fenced countries such as Spain, Italy, Belgium etc is not illegal?

What about U.S.A. do you think the UIGEA does not apply to you simply because you are using bitcoin? If so please provide evidence of any legal opinion ever provided to anyone in regards to online poker in the U.S.A. that this is the case.
According to dutch law bitcoin isn't money. According to european law, bitcoin isn't money. Which makes satoshi poker legally equal to zynga poker on facebook.

hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 10:22:10 AM

3 questions:
1. Is the website open for investment as the bank?
2. Lots of website giving free shares to players to attract traffic and to raise wagered amount. Do you have plan for that?
3. What are the revenue history and divs prediction?

sparky999

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:04:33 AM

According to dutch law bitcoin isn't money. According to european law, bitcoin isn't money. Which makes satoshi poker legally equal to zynga poker on facebook.

Did I ask about Dutch Law? you seem to be very good at answering questions that weren't asked while masking over the important ones that were.

What is your stance on the UIGEA and how it relates to bitcoin poker rooms. Given that the most recent legal findings in the U.S.A. do classify bitcoin as money. This is also the case in Germany and the U.K. two of the biggest European markets for online poker.

What is your position on the fenced countries of Spain, Italy, Belgium and France? As to the best of my knowledge anything that is wagered that has a monetary value is illegal without a license, be it matchsticks or bitcoins.
Bitsandbits

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:04:17 AM

I'm going to keep this short considering you come to this thread and probably this forum for one reason only, looking at your post count. I would invite anybody that is interested in purchasing shares during the IPO to do their own research.

I don't see how it would be unetical to sign players a pro deal on the promise to get people over. If you run a pokersite, there is only one place you can get your customers from: the competition. If you look at the thread in Grindabit you mention it is actually the same pro's that ran with the money I staked them to come back 2 months later to accuse SP out of the blue, just based on a feeling they had. In fact, after posting the evidence on the matter, the same pro's left the thread. I'm not going to stake players to then get back the money I provided to get the cash games going.

If you post information, please post the correct one, as I have the habit of ignoring baseless accusations and misrepresentations.

First of all, your not answering any of the questions. How come? Wouldn't it be in your own best interest to submit documentation that validates your claims? Seems like an obvious thing to do for a 3 million dollar company.

There is only one place you can get your customers from: the competition

I hope everyone sees this quote for what it is. You are actually saying that the only way you can get players is to steal them from Seals. What about doing some real marketing and get new players involved in poker? On the other side, this is actually a rare glimmer of honesty, you are basically admitting that it is very hard to attract players and you have realized your only option is to attempt to steal them with unethical marketing practices.

The fact that the biggest bitcoin pokersite runs on $300 maven software says enough IMO.

Goes to show you what years of hard work, good ethics, great costumer service and honesty can result in.

I envision SP to become a community owned site in the near future

So the plan is to sell it all off in the near future? Maybe that should be mentioned in the listing. I'm literately speechless.

sparky999

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:41:57 AM

There is plenty of presidency for non USD currency poker online operating for years without a license. Not to mention that once one is needed, a "gambling license" is very easy to obtain.

Yes you are 100% correct, however what they are doing is still 100% illegal. The only reason they have not had a knock on the door from the DoJ is that it would be a -EV case fro the DoJ to follow through. If Satoshi reached number 5 site in the world then it would be a +EV case for the DoJ to prosecute.  The DoJ will basically let anyone do anything up until the point it is profitable for them to prosecute - it really is that simple.

You can't use a 'oh these guys were doing it so i thought it was OK' defense.
xaviarlol

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:38:20 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 01:55:37 PM by xaviarlol

A $4,000,000 valuation...?

Really?

What on earth compelled you to come here (again) and offer the most ridiculous valuation we've seen in a long time?

You keep burning your reputation with investors by conducting such ridiculous offers. Funny thing is I think you likely would have recieved a good amount of investment if you didn't keep coming here with your utterly delusional ideas that your site is worth $4m when it averages 20 players (most of which aren't even playing most the time).

My advice - if you need cash and want to grow your site aggressively, don't come asking for gold and offering a dried turd.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:48:26 PM

How could people do any research when you don't provide the nessesary information to base a possible investment on and when the data you do provide is obviously false or incomplete. 

I don't see how it would be unetical to sign players a pro deal on the promise to get people over. If you run a pokersite, there is only one place you can get your customers from: the competition.
Your kidding right ? 
You claim you can only get players/customers from the competitors, there is now way you are able to recruit new players that don't already play on any online bitcoinsite or even any ordinary online pokersite for usd, eur and so on you mean then ?
If that really is the case then your marketing team really need to be replaced immediately as there totally incompetent and not up for the task....

If you look at the thread in Grindabit you mention it is actually the same pro's that ran with the money I staked them to come back 2 months later to accuse SP out of the blue, just based on a feeling they had. In fact, after posting the evidence on the matter, the same pro's left the thread. I'm not going to stake players to then get back the money I provided to get the cash games going.

Ehh as far as i can see your not answering 95% of the questions potential investors ask, you havent managed to answer or given an explanation to a singe thing i asked about sofar, and to the best of my knoledge there is nothing wrong with anything i have said in any of your threads.....

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: