Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:58:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New coin are scam nowadays  (Read 3891 times)
manlyxman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:37:08 PM

A lot of new coins and ICOs are scam but that shouldn't stop you from seeking out the ones that aren't

Don't let that discourage you, there are some good ones still out there.
Spiero7

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:29:01 AM

Yea, it very much true that so many new icos coming out now are crappy and shitty. Why is because many of them have a great opportunity in ICO to extort people and carry out their phishing plans. Let just hope for an ICO regulations scheme soon which will save people from the hands of cruel people like those fraudsters. However, there are still some good ones out there actually.
Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 09:35:22 AM

I know Bitcoin for a long time around 2013. I do not recognize bitcointalk forums. The bitcoin price at that time is also quite cheap. All I do is claim free coins from every site. The process of claim coins is very long. Because the process takes so much time that I leave Bitcoin. After some time later, I started trading. I often fail due to lack of experience. After that I stopped again. But after I entered the telegram group already has little experience. And I keep using coinmarketcap for coins analysis. Because in coinmarketcap store all track records of each coins from year to year.
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:00:05 PM

Now the scammers are even going further. They emit people, buy news orders. And make the appearance of having many people in the project. Such projects are difficult to trace.            
wireless474
Copper Member

Activity: 43
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:12:02 PM

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...

Well, just to be fair, sometimes people tend to forget that the u expected happens and sometimes deadlines needs to be extended. Just because this happens doest mean the company or the coin is crap... i own businesses so i understand the importance of deadlines. However, i also know that sometimes "wanting" something at a certain time is different than  actually be "able" to get it.. especially with all the tech thats goes into certain coins, its hard to get deadlines as sometimes there many things and bugs that need to be fixed before public release.

P Λ X P Λ Y . I O        Send. Spend. Receive. Repeat.
PRE-SALE LIVE   |   JOIN NOW   |   Get 30% EXTRA!
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:16:18 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 01:24:30 PM by jpoker272727

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...

Well, just to be fair, sometimes people tend to forget that the u expected happens and sometimes deadlines needs to be extended. Just because this happens doest mean the company or the coin is crap... i own businesses so i understand the importance of deadlines. However, i also know that sometimes "wanting" something at a certain time is different than  actually be "able" to get it.. especially with all the tech thats goes into certain coins, its hard to get deadlines as sometimes there many things and bugs that need to be fixed before public release.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:16:58 PM

I agree with you, you are telling the right thing but not all cryptos are scam there are quite a lot of really good projects but you'll have to find 'em. Finding these good gems is becoming quite cumbersome nowadays because there are just too many shitty projects out there.

jaklis43

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:17:57 PM

there is many fake ICO and many real and promising projects wich will bring big money for investors, but i think that averybody can see if this priject will be scam or not!
rps_rado

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:19:55 PM

The more info you can get on the project and developers' team the less likely you are to get involved on a scam Smiley
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:21:03 PM

Coinmarketcap is still a good starting point if you are looking for coins to invest. But yeah, one cannot base his/her investment solely on that. I do agree that a lot of coins that popping out recently are somewhat useless and were left behind by dev team.
fetokun

Activity: 210

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:57:21 PM

It doesn't matters if the coin is new or old, more than 90% of the coins are going to fail. But yeah you are right in saying that new coins are scams. The rate at which the ICOs are launching and exit scamming everyone is astounding. Still no one bats an eye on this problem. The social media sites banning crypto ads is a good thing and will prevent the ICOs from scamming new users who arent aware of forums like this or the other prominent crypto related websites.

ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:03:10 PM

There are some decent coins in there , you just have to do some good research.
The problem is a lot of coins are trying to achieve the same thing , while in the future realistically only one of them can stay.

Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:34:12 PM

Nice advice. Coinmarketcap does have some scam coins listed. They should do some research before adding coins to their site. Nonetheless, we should do our own research before investing in a coin. Asking in a telegram group is definitely a great idea. We should also read their ANN thread on bitcointalk. And team is also very essential part of an ICO.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:18:27 AM

...just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin..
Oh mine! If you think you can figure out a scamming coin from telegram conversation among members, you are wrong. Vionex had thousands of active subscribers on its telegram yet none was able to decode they were on a scam train until vionex exited its scam and wiped off every trace from its website to even thread here on BTT.

And I keep using coinmarketcap for coins analysis. Because in coinmarketcap store all track records of each coins from year to year.
I hate to tell you that the CMC isn't a reliable place to gauge your technical analyses. It merely gives an overview of the market cap and trading volume. You should get the Tabtrader. It will aid your analytical experience.

So, it's really difficult this day saying which coin will not scam or which will do well in the market no matter how hard one scrutinizes them.

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:02:08 AM

If it's about investing in ICO projects, it's very difficult to choose a good, viable project. If it's bounty campaigns, you have nothing to lose, just time. If you want to invest in an ICO project, I think it is best to analyze the project, the official project website, the team members and even talk to them on the telegram channel. It's not enough to rely on coinmarketcap when choosing a project.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:09:43 AM

Crypto has attracted a lot of attention from the ordinary people, after the Bitcoin exchange rates rose by 15x in 2017. Some of the crooks are trying to take advantage of this situation by creating copycat cryptos and con ICOs which doesn't have any merit.
sportics

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:35:06 PM

Most, definitely yes. You need to track whether the coin is linked to real business groups that have experience and teams behind them.
MashaVik

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:42:00 PM

Very lucky for me that I have not encountered fraud in coins. But there is always room for fraudsters and their strategies
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:46:43 PM

I humbly agree with all you said.
It changed my perspective about how to know more about one altcoin. Telegram group.
The fastest way for questions to be answered and know more about the team and even their back office.
It wont be enough now if they gain popularity only. Yiu can now disect them like a frog asking questions which should be answered in a true manner.
It is your money, better protect it.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:51:48 PM

Very lucky for me that I have not encountered fraud in coins. But there is always room for fraudsters and their strategies
I haven't encountered any fraudcoins recently. Those coins can get money in their first week and more yet they choose to stop making money and bail.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: