Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:10:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New coin are scam nowadays  (Read 3890 times)
tentara pelajar

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:27:27 AM

the new coins are not necessarily going to be promising. These new coins could be quite hot in the beginning only emergence only and will not be able to compete with other coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 10:23:28 AM

Yes some coin turn to fraud like all lending coins, edinar coin and others coin that use MLM marketing to sell their coins like Onecoin, many newcomer in crypto lose because bought this kind of coins. So more education of cryptocurrency is needed for everyone so they will know where is legit and fraud coins.

Waqas vicky

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:41:21 PM

not all coin are scams, well some others are, coin market cap is a good site to visit for their prices.
Visit their telegram as well for checking how active they are.
they have a website if they are legit and you can read there their white paper. research more!
Before joining any ICO or any platform do some research on your own.
By doing this, you have  a clear idea about any coin..
honestinvestor

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:54:39 PM

Of course same half of, even I'd say more than half of coins at all not competitive. Not enough important rating when buying and old. So that patience and all will well) and a new coin - this a new idea and who knows, shoots she or not. The luck factor also plays a role in this case.
Olena9797

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

https://auditchain.com

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:31:23 PM

Yes and thats really pity. People understood how to earn money with no project. Create some tokens, make sites, gather money, get listed to few cheap exchanges and thats all. They do nothing after

mwarrior

Activity: 329

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:41:36 AM

In fact it was always so, just before the number of people in the niche was smaller and the scammers respectively did not work so actively.

LevaZ

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:05:23 AM

The best option is your personal experience. And not necessarily at the same time invested. You can just bet on the company and see how it behaves, then mark what points could contribute to this and already use this knowledge. Wink
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:23:36 AM

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...
Not all of them are scam, of them there is still a really successful and worthy of appreciation. Being careful in buying new coins / tokens is already a must that should be more note now.
samward

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:37:55 AM

u r right, most of them r scam and they couldn`t fulfill their promises. we`ve no idea if it has a good tech and team behind because most emerging project on that site isn`t reliable and turn to shitcoin after all. That why i preferred also to stay here in forum too, because we can easily determine those legit through their WP and ANN thread which is a good idea to obtain more information about the project.
dagenoshiela

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:02:51 AM

Some airdrops and ICO's are scam, but not all project. Some are real also, you have to be more careful choosing what's best. You have to research more about the coin you wanted to join, dont stick with one information, be knowledgeable and be more researchful  so you will not be scammed.
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:08:13 AM

Theres no way to find out if a new coin is a scam or not, not even through their telegram group cause it could just be overrun by shills for all we know. The only way you are going to find out if they are legit or not is if they have a working product or some code to prove the development work being done for the coin.

Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:14:08 AM

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...
Yes I agree with you there are many scam coins nowadays.Even I fell for such a coin named CRC by Circle community network.I wasted a lot of my precious time in their community and fell for their false promises.I was heartbroken when I got to know that the CEO scammed us and stole out btc.Guys please be really cautious before investing in any of the coins.Many of them are scam coins.
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:16:33 AM

Thank you for sharing information.

Yes there are many ICO's coming this year and many of them will fail.

I always do my own research before any investment and as per my recent research i will invest in Cybermiles ( CMT) because their testnet result is coming on 30 march through live conference and they claim it to be 100 times faster than Ethereum.

Thank you
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:18:58 AM

that is not enough for a research. of course coinmarketcap listing means absolutely nothing. There are thousands of coins. You need to investigate the coin properly before the investment, not only in telegram group but in general.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:27:20 AM

I totally disagree that coins nowadays are scam (though there are really others that are just a scam) because i even have an altcoin that i received from an airdrop that has a great value and i just keep it in my wallet. And this ICO that i am participating, i am sure that this is not a scam coin/token because the team is legit in the 1st place.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:37:36 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 10:07:29 AM by Ikay

Yeah you're right! there are many ico's are scam and most greedy people who want to steal money from others your suggestions is so helpful to those newbies around there but for me I say that investigate those ico you want to invest if you don't to scam just like that.
alaricoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:40:45 AM

It's true every day dozens of scam projects come out. But they also come out very good alucni
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:42:46 AM

It is always advisable that we should not just rely on the lists published not only in coinmarketcap but also in other sites. We should not even be easily convinced by the tweets and posts either on Facebook or here in Bitcointalk that promotes or carries a certain coin or ICO. Do not be easily a victim of these promoters and marketers. They are not really doing a careful study on the credentials of the projects they are promoting. They may just be paid shills. Or even part of the team itself. It is always needed to do a research yourself.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:43:04 AM

#1 If there is nay telegram group for this coins then it doesn't mean that they are not scam, they could be goo poser of being legit project.
#2 Its not about the new coins, but new ICO project you want to talk about and we should be careful about them by having deep knowledge about it.
#3 We cant judge legitimacy of the ICO now a days so quickly because they are getting smarter in the way they could represent themselves as legit one.
#4 If we are eager to invest money on ICO then there is no way to do that without taking any risk about it.

So this is what pretty much we should be looking for before we can make any move in the long run. Its so sad that these people are making the ICO world look so bad. Look at the IPO from the stock exchanges which are far older and still running smoothly.
limun

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

as you research the cryptocurrency, look for a red flag. there are many things that do not seem obvious with the new crypto from the beginning
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: