Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New coin are scam nowadays  (Read 3890 times)
hailtheking

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:00:03 AM

Yes, that is why we should be more careful in choosing the coin that we'll going to invest because we don't know if new arising coins are fake or legit. We shoud be wise always have a research to prevent being scammed.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:06:26 AM

That is true. The new coins has a ico stage a few months ago when the ico was very hot and panic investors invested without too much consideration. I think this stuation will change. The investors will more strict for investment, new coins will be much potential than before.
rujak cingur

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:15:04 AM

It is true that many new coins are a scam, but I do not think all coins are a scam
still a lot of coins from a nice gift campaign,
so we have to know who the manager is and whether the team on this project is very good, then we study the website, whithepaper and roadmap first before following it so we do not get the coin scam

AKU KEMBALI SETELAH SEKIAN LAMA MENGHILANG
galkinn

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:43:52 AM

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...

Thanks for giving suggestions  on how to stay away from scam coins. These coins are really harmful for crypto community.
moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:45:11 AM

You can always look for ratings and reviews by industry experts or just do your own research if you're interested in something new, or you can wait until the project begins to show some progress before investing

There's plenty of projects coming out with good tech still just now there's lots more that aren't

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:09:36 PM

Most of nowadays coins are scam but this does not mean that good and promising projects are not available on the market. There are some development teams that really want to transform the world and not raise money.
serkhio

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:23:47 PM

Now the coins massed in the market like the internet beginning at 1990. At that time, a domain ended with .com could make money without any reasons. Now the trend is blockchain. Yes that there are many air coins but is profitable for many people.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
melatiy28

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:28:05 PM

Are you sure of what you say? then what makes you claim that it will happen is there any strong evidence to show it is true!
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:34:55 PM

Not all of them, do not say generally
Vandemos

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:39:21 PM

Now the coins massed in the market like the internet beginning at 1990. At that time, a domain ended with .com could make money without any reasons. Now the trend is blockchain. Yes that there are many air coins but is profitable for many people.
You have to expand your search to sort out projects that you vision are clear or just a scam.
Sometimes there are also which advertises scam sites on banners, sometimes Coinmarketcap only lists those coins and only a website to display the listed charts, prices and cryptoes so they really do not care if it's a scam or not.
Therefore we must be careful before acting away.
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:52:04 PM

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...
Telegram also do not give answers to all questions when choosing a coin. And on coinmarketcap also have information that can come in handy. Also I believe that not all new tokens are bad and unpromising. There are good projects with a work product.
jundy020

Activity: 191

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:59:06 PM

You should be aware of fake coins, not paying ICOS and a bunch of scammers because of this rising popularity of bitcoin and I can only suggest that research in that particular coin and joining in their telegram bounty is a way to avoid become a victim. And do not generalize all new coins, only few of them are fake.
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:18:47 PM

I agree that coinmarketcap iss not a reliable source in choosing altcoin to invest, but even telegram is not reliable too. You need to do a deeper investigation if you want to buy a good or a profitable coin. Make sure to check the background ad credibility of the team behind the project.

ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

If a coin is listed on coinmarketcap.com does not mean that it is not a scam. Some con artists have very complex scamming plans. Don't underestimate their power.Wink Just do your own dilligence thoroughly on every project you invest time/money into and you shall do just fine! Wink
The_Masterer

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:35:33 PM

I would say its the other way round. Last year were so many scams, people are more vigilant these days and really pick their coins. Hopefully all these regulations will soon filter all the ICOs and all the shitcoins and scams will slowly disappear from the map
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:19:08 PM

I agree with you with that mate, if a coin was listed coinmarketcap it doesn't mean that the coin is legit there are scamcoins that listed on coinmarketcap for example the TBC or thebillioncoin we all know that TBC is scamcoin because there is no way for a coin price to rise exponentially without the market intervention. I suggest that coinmarketcap should enforce stricter rules and regulations when adding some coins in coinmarketcap
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:28:09 PM

I agree with you with that mate, if a coin was listed coinmarketcap it doesn't mean that the coin is legit there are scamcoins that listed on coinmarketcap for example the TBC or thebillioncoin we all know that TBC is scamcoin because there is no way for a coin price to rise exponentially without the market intervention. I suggest that coinmarketcap should enforce stricter rules and regulations when adding some coins in coinmarketcap
Maybe but there's a few new coins are yet worth it, the best you can do is if you encounter a scam coin, keep away immediately to it or its better if tell some people about the scam coin you encountere to help some people to not buy that coin to leesen the victim of that coin. Also it can help you to choose good coin to asked some here or make a research about the top coin to avoid to scam.
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:37:33 PM
Merited by awazieik (1)

It is always advisable that we should not just rely on the lists published not only in coinmarketcap but also in other sites. We should not even be easily convinced by the tweets and posts either on Facebook or here in Bitcointalk that promotes or carries a certain coin or ICO. Do not be easily a victim of these promoters and marketers. They are not really doing a careful study on the credentials of the projects they are promoting. They may just be paid shills. Or even part of the team itself. It is always needed to do a research yourself.

Of course it is always best to do your own research. Don't relay on rating sites either, because many times they are not objective as well. What promoters are twitting and stating is not good source of information. Don't be cheap no time and effort searching, because this can be difference between participating in good project and participating in scam.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:48:18 PM

I believe that the more information about the project - the better. Both telegram and coinmarketcap are important factors when choosing a project, but this is too little.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Shaminyue

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:54:25 PM

I usually visit coinmarketcap to get general information of coins. This site will give me some suggestion of potential coins. However, to make a decision about whether I should invest in that coin or not, I will not rely on evaluation stated in this site only. To me, checking website of coin and contacting directly team member via telegram or discord would be better for my decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: