Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:31:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the loss of confidence in litecoin?  (Read 13804 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:18:44 AM

Don't know about you, but my incoming transactions for both BTC and LTC arrive in seconds.

God I dislike PHP.  Angry

Ok, what I meant is a certain number of confirmations time.

You hate PHP, must be a perl hardcore type ) But most forums these days run on PHP, like this one, same is true for many other web apps. It's just your personal grudge, which has nothing to do with the objective reality Smiley

It's not a grudge, just my opinion/view. For example, try using a standard unsigned integer in PHP. Arrrgghhh.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:30:44 PM

i had a dream last night that LTC went up 8 USD in like one day.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:08:14 PM

Yes it was a dream.

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 01:21:02 AM

Yes it was a dream.

But reality soon, say, after Gox adoption? Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:30:38 AM

Yes it was a dream.

Gox will never adopt Litecoin, it was a manipulation of the market, saying to for sell litecoins for high and then buying low when the time past, and then again says to adopt it one and another time the same manipulation.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:56:41 AM

Yes it was a dream.

Gox will never adopt Litecoin, it was a manipulation of the market, saying to for sell litecoins for high and then buying low when the time past, and then again says to adopt it one and another time the same manipulation.

So you say Mark K. is trading LTC at BTC-e are you sane?Huh and doing market manipulation to earn few dimes at BTC-e?Huh

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:35:18 AM

Yes it was a dream.

I have my doubts if Gox will even exist a year from now.

Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:54:47 AM

There are a few more sites popping up that allow for the direct purchase of Litecoins with fiat, so the reliance on Gox is for the ignorant, IMO.
Radelderth

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:46:05 AM

There are a few more sites popping up that allow for the direct purchase of Litecoins with fiat, so the reliance on Gox is for the ignorant, IMO.

But gox is still the most famous for litecoin for some reason... the price jump so much just from gox news...

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

CoinMKT.com, for example.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:39:59 PM

Maybe it's a hope train for saving gox  Tongue

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 08:32:42 PM

Or Kraken.

And yet, no one seems to care - it's not like it's hard to get LTC for BTC when you have BTC from fiat anyway.

That's why the "Mt.Gox will adopt litecoin" hope train is pretty much irrelevant.

Kraken is non-US, correct?  So Kraken for EU and CoinMKT.com for US?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:51:33 AM

Litecoin to rise above 4 USD before Dec 25th

Let's see where the confidence is.
That would roughly mean 0.02 per BTC at 200 USD, or 0.018 for current price.

Litecoin is bound to appreciate relative to bitcoin, makes no sense that it's 75x cheaper now.
laowai80

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:45:18 AM

And, once again, missing the WHY.
Hope and endless repeating does not make it happen.

Oh, I am sorry. Well, my point is litecoin is only 4 times 'worse' than bitcoin (max coin cap) and comparable in other aspects. The only advantage of bitcoin is it being a pioneer of cryptocurrencies and more initial user base, but that can grow for both bitcoin and litecoin with time. This advantage of bitcoin may be somewhat counterbalanced by litecoin's faster confirmations time and human psychology where bitcoin can be priced out of reach by common folks while litecoin can still be affordable for a while.

I know that bitcoin is divisible and such, but owning just a fraction of bitcoin and being unable to buy at least 1 full BTC once its price has sky-rocketed makes it less attractive (a person can feel like a loser being able to afford only a 0.1 BTC) and makes alt cryptos more attactive and the first cadidate among them is LTC. And even if LTC can't be 1:4 of LTC per technical design, 1:10 is reachable in the future, where as 75x cheaper to bitcoin is crazy in my very honest and thouroughly thought through opinion, which I am going to stick to until proven by time otherwise.
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:56:33 AM

Oh, I am sorry. Well, my point is litecoin is only 4 times 'worse' than bitcoin (max coin cap) and comparable in other aspects. The only advantage of bitcoin is it being a pioneer of cryptocurrencies and more initial user base, but that can grow for both bitcoin and litecoin with time. This advantage of bitcoin may be somewhat counterbalanced by litecoin's faster confirmations time and human psychology where bitcoin can be priced out of reach by common folks while litecoin can still be affordable for a while.

I know that bitcoin is divisible and such, but owning just a fraction of bitcoin and being unable to buy at least 1 full BTC once its price has sky-rocketed makes it less attractive (a person can feel like a loser being able to afford only a 0.1 BTC) and makes alt cryptos more attactive and the first cadidate among them is LTC. And even if LTC can't be 1:4 of LTC per technical design, 1:10 is reachable in the future, where as 75x cheaper to bitcoin is crazy in my very honest and thouroughly thought through opinion, which I am going to stick to until proven by time otherwise.

i agree. its only us are able to understand technical differences between altcoins. the masses will only have to google 'alternative to bitcoin' and they will discover litecoin as the second biggest with powerful enough network. so it will be a no brainer for the masses to invest into litecoin suddenly once the signs of usd plummeting will become evident. all we need now is alternative to localbitcoins.com for litecoin and just wait for demand.
laowai80

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:09:32 AM

And one more. Computer users know the importance of backing up data. Data is precious. If data is only available on one physical device - that's a single point of failure. Hard drives do crash from time to time with data rendered unrecoverable. So, backups are exteremely important. I am sure everyone has ever lost some of their data and feeling bad about it. Did I mention backups are important? Oh yes, I guess I did.

So, not to beat around the bush here. Litecoin (and other alt coins in lesser extent at this time, but may be more in the future) is a backup of bitcoin. If (knock on wood here) something happens to BTC network, LTC can take over and be a backup network and payment mechanism to rely on while BTC network is being repaired, etc. Backups are important, what more can I say.
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:21:42 AM

Its going to hit $10 in no time...... when Gox announce something...
laowai80

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:24:10 AM

Its going to hit $10 in no time...... when Gox announce something...

It will hit that without Gox if bitcoin keeps making progress. Other exchanges have offered LTC for a long time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 09:25:58 AM

i agree. its only us are able to understand technical differences between altcoins. the masses will only have to google 'alternative to bitcoin' and they will discover litecoin as the second biggest with powerful enough network. so it will be a no brainer for the masses to invest into litecoin suddenly once the signs of usd plummeting will become evident. all we need now is alternative to localbitcoins.com for litecoin and just wait for demand.

And a marketplace in which to spend them.

coincepts

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 09:50:33 AM

the spread of alternative crypto currencies has been a factor as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: