Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GOOGLE hasn't banned BITCOIN advertising  (Read 901 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:38:28 PM
Merited by BCTBF (1)

Here's what Google said:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803

My first comment is that there's never been any BTC advertisement. Who would pay for it? The BTC's foundation? This board's webmaster? As there's no corporation, nor an individual owning BTC, there can't be any kind of advertising. The only ads I've ever seen were for lousy ICOs, shitcoins, trading and exchanges websites where you can make a deposit but not a withdrawal, trading consultants who screw you with the promise to show you how not to get screwed, and super safe crypto-wallets where your private keys are automatically sent to a smart angel in East Russia. Google wants to ban all that? I say thanks Google!

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:44:21 PM

Yes, No one had said that Google ban bitcoin advertising. Google bans cryptocurrencies related websites advertising. They can be ICOs, gambling websites, exchanges, Lending websites, etc. 
There is no bitcoin advertising to be banned. Who will pay for bitcoin advertising when there is no benefit to him/her ?
hazznel

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:46:25 PM

The news that are all over the internet just spread fud! They didn't ban all crypto related ads, just the ones that are a high risk for people of getting scammed.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:50:38 PM

Whatever it still makes bitcoin price dump so bad LoL
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:55:05 PM

Most of the news FUDS capitalize on and spread bad news about bitcoin are just good measures to have a secured bitcoin community but they twist the news and make it look as if bitcoin is being attack or even get ban by measure cooperative or even government, just for them to see that bitcoin price fall in other to buy at a cheap price.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:01:29 PM

Certainly it will for now but in the soonest time, bitcoin will fly unexpectedly. Bitcoin has proved to be a very reliable coin, thats why it is always coming  back not withstanding the news. Speculation and negative news gets a currency down easily.

We actually need this kind of OP's title to reorientate  people more.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:01:52 PM

Yeah, I don't get why the Bitcoin market reacts so violently to this. Totally agree with OP, Bitcoin neither have nor need any kind of advertising.

The only ads I've ever seen were for lousy ICOs, shitcoins, trading and exchanges websites where you can make a deposit but not a withdrawal, trading consultants who screw you with the promise to show you how not to get screwed, and super safe crypto-wallets where your private keys are automatically sent to a smart angel in East Russia. Google wants to ban all that? I say thanks Google!

Google will ban all that. Besides some examples that you mention, Google ads has been a massive phishing tool too. There were instances where Google ads would show for phishing site of popular cryptocurrency service like myetherwallet, blockchain.info, etc. They were being irresponsible with the content of the ads that they're showing to users. So banning all of them might do good for crypto scene though.
golek upo

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:41:56 PM

Your opinion is very logical, I agree with your opinion. If bitcoin is advertised by google, of course no one will want to pay. (Because bitcoin is a virtual currency, and does not belong to a particular company).

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:04:01 AM

The fud is much bigger than the actual problem as always in crypto world everyone is panicking.

MOst of the google ads are bad investments anyways and possibly this is good news for bounty hunters, more for them .

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
kavabanga07

Activity: 143
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:23:07 AM

Omg they banned  only bitcoin advertesing i thought they wanted to ban it at all))
abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:40:26 AM

I think that the ban happen just for the untrusted sources...thats for protect google users,google is a huge corporation and have a massiv number of  users so its logic to protect their users from the dangers
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:02:18 AM

Yes you are right. In my mind, it is good news for all of us to ban these advertisements that have been held to deceive people, but I don't understand that the price drop is related to google ads. Because, these news can't take affect in cryptocurrencies, in any case, everything will be good for 1 week.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:05:51 AM

It is really a good move from google if they banned crypto advertisement related to scam ICO, this means google will do the researches and investigation but they are lazy about it so instead of spending their time about it, they will just ban all the ICO legit and scam all together.  But at least it is better than letting these scam ICO to advertise in their space.
Stonetium

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:12:15 AM

It is really a good move from google if they banned crypto advertisement related to scam ICO, this means google will do the researches and investigation but they are lazy about it so instead of spending their time about it, they will just ban all the ICO legit and scam all together.  But at least it is better than letting these scam ICO to advertise in their space.

Yes...but between Facebook and Google banning this, over 50% of the ways people get their news will be gone :/
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:21:46 AM

Here's what Google said:

My first comment is that there's never been any BTC advertisement. Who would pay for it? The BTC's foundation? This board's webmaster? As there's no corporation, nor an individual owning BTC, there can't be any kind of advertising. The only ads I've ever seen were for lousy ICOs, shitcoins, trading and exchanges websites where you can make a deposit but not a withdrawal, trading consultants who screw you with the promise to show you how not to get screwed, and super safe crypto-wallets where your private keys are automatically sent to a smart angel in East Russia. Google wants to ban all that? I say thanks Google!

I am not agree with your opinion regarding the ban of all crypto related stuff in biggest search machine. There are useless stuff on everywhere in net and such kind of decision will hurt whole crypto industry. Instead of closing all advertisements Google can split advertisements to different levels and they can easily choose the target audience for every kind of advertisement. Investing itself will pay off for smart guys but i am not sure about comissions of advertisement. There should be payment for ad sites related to site traffic.
Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 01:25:28 AM

People are too lazy to read. That's why, they just absorb the FUD without thinking. What Google do, is banning fraud-related website promoting grey ICO, lending, illegal software, and exchange without withdrawal information. I believe Google is working on its algorithm and it start working from June.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:32:01 AM

Here's what Google said:

I wish this is not true or frud. Google is still the best site to know more about cryptocurrency and the upcoming project of an ICO. Google can't do that because it is the knowledgeable site and our biggest brain. If the news is true, google will bash of many who use cryptocurrency and this is the bad effect for goggle.
stingraydiver

Activity: 117
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:32:12 AM

It is crazy how misinformation spreads like wildfire!  Why won't people research?  This is one real problem in the world.  People are heavily influenced by the media and believe anything are told.  As your mother said, "Don't believe everything you read!
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:40:33 AM

shut up because we have got to blames someone instead of the development team for building a system that is
eight years old and we only just found out that it won't scale [Problem] so we needed emergency action [Reaction]
and we found the way to fix it [Solution] was to go "off-Block" using the lightning network.

Ye old "Divide and conquer" plan via the lightning network that full of banking hubs is just about to kick in so just run with it
or use miners will all be out of a job, kids will be starving and it's all the OP's fault.

Yes people read that small print because we are being stitched up which you must had noticed when fees hit $55 per
transaction but were probably too drunk on greed to notice at the time so may I present to you the lightning white paper
that's full of fog but you just need to replace the word "Hub" with banks to understand the document.

https://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Toden1379

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:43:05 AM

Well there IS bitcoin advertising IMO. And they are made by big exchanges who wanted to earn money transacting in them especially when they offer buying bitcoin at a premium on their sites. Like in our country, this exchange site advertise buying bitcoin from them but with a markup in price but you can exchange them to cash at a mark down.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: