Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to build a Hive app (introducing the Hive app API)  (Read 28635 times)
yellowdog

Activity: 121
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 04:03:08 PM

Does your embedded browser has "Same Origin Policy"?

I made my site to give json info to feed the app but i am afraid it will not work and have to implement jsonp.

I'll test myself tomorrow, but now i have some problems with my mac ox image and will download a new OSX 10.8.2.

Keep up the good work!

SatoshiRat.com - inmates betting on rat races

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yellowdog

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 01:46:21 PM

Does your embedded browser has "Same Origin Policy"?

I made my site to give json info to feed the app but i am afraid it will not work and have to implement jsonp.

I'll test myself tomorrow, but now i have some problems with my mac ox image and will download a new OSX 10.8.2.

Keep up the good work!

It works. No need for jsonp.

hivewallet (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 09:05:15 PM

It works. No need for jsonp.

Sorry for the late reply and glad you figured it out!

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 06:15:05 PM

Note to all app developers:

We have changed our GitHub URL! It is now:
https://github.com/hivewallet

If you happen to spot any places around this forum (or elsewhere) where that needs to be changed, please let us know!

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
knowitnothing

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 06:26:13 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 07:07:08 PM by knowitnothing

I'm releasing the version 0.1.0 of a game I'm calling Patten. Right now it is available exclusively for the Hive wallet, just grab the .zip at https://github.com/knowitnothing/patten_hive/releases, rename it to .hiveapp then open it. The source is at https://github.com/knowitnothing/patten_hive.

EDIT: Grab the 0.1.2 release at https://github.com/knowitnothing/patten_hive/releases/tag/v0.1.2

Jackpot of 1 bitcoin, max bet of 5 bitcents, more info can be found through the Help button.
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 10:39:48 AM

I'm releasing the version 0.1.0 of a game I'm calling Patten. Right now it is available exclusively for the Hive wallet, just grab the .zip at https://github.com/knowitnothing/patten_hive/releases, rename it to .hiveapp then open it. The source is at https://github.com/knowitnothing/patten_hive.

Sweet, thanks. We'll test this out for a bit and then maybe bundle it if it all looks good?

yellowdog

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 11:39:18 AM

I've released my app for satoshirat, it's in your repo, and i've done today a major update.

check it out.

knowitnothing

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:14:28 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 12:56:28 PM by knowitnothing

Sweet, thanks. We'll test this out for a bit and then maybe bundle it if it all looks good?

Absolutely, it would be excellent if you could report any problems you find. I expect deposits/withdrawals are working correctly, but if you or anyone else has any issues with that I will refund the deposit + some small amount for hitting a bug.

How do you handle app updates ? Does the user need to download the newer version manually, is it re-packaged in the next hive release, or is there some other way ? If there's some other way, I've missed it.

EDIT: added sentence about refund + bonus in case of bugs.
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:42:07 PM

Absolutely, it would be excellent if you could report any problems you find.

How do you handle app updates ? Does the user need to download the newer version manually, is it re-packaged in the next hive release, or is there some other way ? If there's some other way, I've missed it.

We will soon have an app repo to which you will be able to send us pull requests. We'll pull them, and the users will be able to download the updates automatically. For the time being we will bundle your updates up with our app, which is auto-updated every Monday.

See here:
https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/issues/56

By the way, you did a really nice job with this. It's extremely responsive.

knowitnothing

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:00:35 PM

Absolutely, it would be excellent if you could report any problems you find.

We will soon have an app repo to which you will be able to send us pull requests. We'll pull them, and the users will be able to download the updates automatically. For the time being we will bundle your updates up with our app, which is auto-updated every Monday.

See here:
https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/issues/56

By the way, you did a really nice job with this. It's extremely responsive.

Alright, 1 week for updates looks good enough at least for now.

Thanks about the app, I tried to make it responsive enough (but the table for Recent history needs some work regarding that). Congrats on the Hive app, I will see if I can contribute to its code too. Keep up the good work.
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 11:58:18 AM

Should we try to bundle on Monday?

knowitnothing

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:36:57 PM

Ok, make sure you grab the latest version present there. I will be releasing an update today.
argov

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:51:45 PM

Nice work. I think I will test it soon (if I find some time   Sad )

Greetings

1JBwWnqwxGTtqchacyHuhdjWZhYYonBuDf and 19KXWjUZnNPatoMZoRiFMzJFWA7mxBRPX5
knowitnothing

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:59:40 AM

Please do so with the version 0.2.2 available at https://github.com/knowitnothing/patten_hive/releases, couple of updates today.
maco

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:05:36 AM

interesting
jsuder

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:33:30 PM

FYI, if you need to detect that the app is opened inside Hive (as opposed to a normal web browser), I've added a custom user agent string - inside Hive, navigator.userAgent will now include "Hive/0.9" (or whatever the version is) at the end. I'd say there should be very few cases where the user agent will have to be checked in code, but it's there if you need it. (This is only available in testing releases now, see GitHub releases page.)

I've also fixed the problem reported by @knowitnothing:

There seems to be some problem regarding overwriting a running application, which causes the bitcoin object to disappear. I can reproduce this every time by doing the following:

1) Create your app X and run it inside Hive;
2) While it is running, overwrite it (i.e. open myappx.hiveapp and confirm the overwrite);
3) Right click and click on Reload;
4) Right click and click on Inspect;
5) The bitcoin object is gone

How to fix the missing bitcoin object: restart the app.

Former main developer of Hive Mac | @kuba_suder at Twitter
knowitnothing

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:54:34 PM

FYI, if you need to detect that the app is opened inside Hive (as opposed to a normal web browser), I've added a custom user agent string - inside Hive, navigator.userAgent will now include "Hive/0.9" (or whatever the version is) at the end. I'd say there should be very few cases where the user agent will have to be checked in code, but it's there if you need it. (This is only available in testing releases now, see GitHub releases page.)

I've also fixed the problem reported by @knowitnothing

Thanks for the work on Hive.

I believe this custom useragent is only useful if you start accepting apps that only redirect to a site, are you planning to do that ? Or are you planning to include a mini-browser app inside hive ?
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:52:32 PM

Thanks for the work on Hive.

I believe this custom useragent is only useful if you start accepting apps that only redirect to a site, are you planning to do that ? Or are you planning to include a mini-browser app inside hive ?

We discourage it of course, but there may be some exceptions. And re: mini-browser app, there is no such plan, no.

hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 05:48:24 PM

I've released my app for satoshirat, it's in your repo, and i've done today a major update.

check it out.

Oh wow, we totally missed this, sorry yellowdog!
https://github.com/hivewallet/hiveapp-satoshirat

Can you please post a screenshot here so that it stands out more?

Thanks!

yellowdog

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 01:03:58 PM

check it out.

Oh wow, we totally missed this, sorry yellowdog!
https://github.com/hivewallet/hiveapp-satoshirat

Can you please post a screenshot here so that it stands out more?

Thanks!

Some pics, thx!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: