Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower  (Read 1832 times)
sirengutou

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:44:41 AM

Your strategy is very suitable for the current market, I also believe that this operation can make more money in the current market, although the hold is also a way to make money, but it is not suitable for continued decline!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
gracer88

Activity: 378

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:31:45 AM

Sometimes it is better to sell, then to buy the same coins cheaper. the main thing to make sure that then you will be able to purchase cheaper. Now many coins are on the bottom.therefore, I would not recommend to sell now

slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:02:36 AM

The cryptocurrency market is super volatile. I suppose holdin - isn't much effective strategy here. The chart moves by hours, even minutes. You can have some profit only by holding really promissing coins, like PTM. On the other hand, actively trading, or so they say, day trading, is much more effective. There is a big risk in day trading but also a promise of much bigger profits.
Holding your coins is a strategy designed to protect you from the volatility of the market which means that the longer you hold the greater benefits you get and also the bigger its the volatility the greater the protection that you get, day trading is in fact the opposite of long term holding where you are exposed completely to the volatility of the market, the potential profits are great but the potential losses are greater as well.
Holding will not guarantee that our coin will be more profitable and much more it will not protect us from the volatility of a coin because all the time the market changes, so if we sell for a little profit and buy back after it goes low is also not a guarantee of what we think will happen, what if the coin value will not go down and it will continue to goes up instead? so another regrets will come.
Holding does not guarantee to give you profits but I never guaranteed that in my post, but in your second point you are mistaken holding does protect you from the volatility of the market this has been proven many times and those that hold for the long term have greater chances to profit from their investments and to suffer less losses, so if you play with the probabilities and hold then your chances of making money go up.
baduday1991

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 04:06:38 AM

Use stop-loss which can depend on how much you want to risk, but definitely hodling is useless if you don't use stop losses. Pointless to hodl btc from 19k to 6k, where you could have sold it and bought it back at 7k or 6k Smiley
Yes this is very helpful put a stoploss always like a 10% below from your entry point if you are going for short term. But it always depends on your plan me I don't do stop loss because I always look for long term that's why no matter what happens I am a hodler. Goodluck everyone.

tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:09:41 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
Yes, I do not believe in chart analysis. If the formula for the chart is correct, there would be all traders becoming rich. So the most logical and accurate analysis is to look at the long-term potential of altcoin.
Buy and hold the same long as the investment philosophy of Warren Buffett. It will bring us tremendous profits after a long time. Wink

Warbson

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:12:43 AM

Users who has been planning to sell and buy back lower could have taken the decision long back. Now everything has gone out of hands, and we are no more in a situation to predict the true outcome of the price. Even now the situation around the cryptocurrency network is good without bad news, but value keep on decreasing. This is something out of real growth.
the problem now it's bictoin whales that have a panic sell and dont stop dumping the bitcoin they possess ,
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:24:29 AM

hold if you bought it on an alltime high and sell if you will earn profit from selling it. never ever sell if you will end up in a very big loss.
tester4206

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:12:38 PM

if you have the capital, it's good to buy at a low price, but if your capital has run out, I suggest you keep your altcoin and stay patient. and wait for the price to come back again to the moon. I think you're sorry to see some altcoins with low prices and suddenly rising high. when you are holding an altcoin that has not been climbed yet
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:23:28 PM

It's that not easy to learn analyzing the prize chart. If we master this, it can help us to determine the steps we should take. When do we have to hold, when we should sell, and when we should buy. By the way, holding is also good, the bad thing here is when you begin to doubt yourself that you might miss some opportunities.

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:30:35 PM

It's not really an advisable time to sell as we are just bouncing back after a very good low point around 400 $ for ethereum so keep the holdings and look for higher exit

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:17:21 AM

hold if you bought it on an alltime high and sell if you will earn profit from selling it. never ever sell if you will end up in a very big loss.
- I understand what you say, this can be a safe way to help us not get the loss but it also has the disadvantage, that is our money will be frozen for a while waiting because we are always focused on hold and if the market keeps going down like in recent times, we are forced to sit out of the game, time to get back to the game is very long, we will miss the other opportunity. I and many people here will not have enough patience for this problem, I like to sell and then buy at lower prices, maybe we will have the loss in the early stages but things will soon recover and be profitable.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
sedihnya8

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:31:46 AM

if you have a soul of a good trader I think you would choose to sell and buy it at a lower price
this will get you more profit
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Use stop-loss which can depend on how much you want to risk, but definitely hodling is useless if you don't use stop losses. Pointless to hodl btc from 19k to 6k, where you could have sold it and bought it back at 7k or 6k Smiley

Probably if we knew that the market could fall again, we could really sell our altcoins at the beginning of June to buy more alts now. However, the holders should go on holding their cryptocurrencies now.
a31078

Activity: 340

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:59:55 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

Only if you know what you are doing. It is good to do trading, buy low,sell high but not everyone is successful with it. It takes skills to do this. If you are willing to risk what you are holding so far, then go ahead. It is risky but also very profitable if you do it right.
Yes, I agree with your suggestion because it take experience and patience to be able to make profit in trading because without the experience, the lost maybe more than the profit because it is risky as crypto is unpredictable.
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:10:30 AM

It might give you a nice profit but do not you think that it is a very risky business? As for me, I need even more experience to do it. Although I am in trading for many years, I have some doubts I can do it now
kidsrock

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:19:09 AM

holding the coin in the downtrend is good especially if you are late to cut loss your coin and you can buy back the coin in the lower price. this is the only things that you can do right now. but you need to always check the price before you do something because this will help you to analyze and think about what you should do at that moment.
Affilate User

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:26:01 AM

when I am stuck at a very expensive price, what I will do is wait until the price rises again, I will never be affected and sell at a very cheap price because I know it really makes you lose, if you still have trading capital then well you can buy it as much as you can.
Rosemarie Carizo

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:48:48 AM

For me i suggest to hold it but if you have a lot of capital you can buy back at dip price but it is your own decisions its up to you whether you want to sell now and buy back again
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:03:07 PM

Best investment strategy is to divide your asset into three groups: invest in New projects, hold some for long term and trade with the remaining to increase portfolio size.
yountt2

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:06:05 PM

Thinking about doing what the op is suggesting feels good and seem possible on paper  but the actualization of it is what is difficult!  No one can precisely sell high and accurately buy lower again.

center]     K L I C K Z I E          by Tautachrome, Inc.     |     ✓ Open Network   ✓ Open Source   ✓ Decentralized   ✓ Auditable
-   Building trust with verifiable imagery for the new era   -     ►  TOKEN PRE-SALE LIVE
●          ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     GITHUB     ●     TELEGRAM     ●          ●[/center]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: