Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:18:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep these things in mind when you are into crypto world  (Read 1505 times)
hunnykaushal (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:52:38 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

Let me share few things with you which are very important.

How to find weather ICO is scam or not

There are few things which we can check to avoid scams.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then what you have to keep in mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.
3. Only trust official websites, Admin and team member.
4. you will get email from hackers , don't open them.
5. use 2fa and other securities to your accounts on exchanges.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

Thank you and all the best.
Well, you've learned a lot until now I'm also happy about it.
But for some new users they tend not to pay attention to it all, they just do it without caring about the background of the ICO, so not a few people who lose by not paying them, or even ICO coins that they follow even disappear from crypto.
Yes actually you are rite. In the beginning i do the same. i invest without any research. There was project named as bitbase  , it is still on coinmarketcap. They collect money from ICO and then run. Even i was not able to get those coins from their system to exchange. After that i never invest on any ICO without any research.

Time teach us a lot  Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hunnykaushal (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:55:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then what you have to keep in mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

Well, you've learned a lot until now I'm also happy about it.
But for some new users they tend not to pay attention to it all, they just do it without caring about the background of the ICO, so not a few people who lose by not paying them, or even ICO coins that they follow even disappear from crypto.

Some of them are too lazy to read the white paper, what they usually do is to ask and try to look for the current status of a specific coin here in the community. Although its an effective strategy, but its still different when youre educated about the background of the ICO that you participated in.
On the other hand, I also recieved an email from that fake crytopia team, but I dont usually click on the links attached in the mail. Instead I open the website directly from my bookmark.
Rite. Many people don't go through whitepaper. They check youtube videos and reviews from people. To be very frank there are many people who don't have any technical knowledge so they avoid to read these things and trust their friends, referrers and other things and some people are too lazy to read it  Grin

Yes it is good to open link by manually type or from bookmarks.
hunnykaushal (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:57:51 AM

I agree with you, when we start any investment or trading then we should be-careful and search about it mustily, Otherwise a big loss is waiting for us, if we start trading with search. Once a time, i started investment in a site without any search and later on this site was scam me. So that was a bad experience for me, and till now i search firstly and secondly i do start, and as you explain these are basic and necessary rules, every new trader should follow these.
Yes i can see, you are hero member now , which shows that you are experienced now  Smiley

Time teach us those things which no one can teach.
shoujiuhaituo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:14:54 AM

Agree with you. There are many ICO cheats now.

We must do our due diligence before investing, which is very time-consuming, but very necessary.

They used all sorts of disguises to swindle people out of private money.
hunnykaushal (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:08:26 AM

We must do our due diligence before investing, which is very time-consuming, but very necessary.

Yes whitepaper consumes some time. I make a rule. In a week i select 1 ICO project and read their whitepaper on weekend. It makes everything easy  Smiley
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 03:19:50 PM

3 things i always check when research an ICO:
- Their purpose: what can it solve? And compare with other competitor in the market. You can read ANN thread to check this
- Whitepaper: read through their technology, advantages and roadmap, what did they done in the past, and intended for the future
- Team: the most important part: you should check carefully, read their profile (in Linkedin) carefully. A project with a strong team behind are always assure for their sucessfull

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:06:13 PM

Yes whitepaper consumes some time. I make a rule. In a week i select 1 ICO project and read their whitepaper on weekend. It makes everything easy  Smiley
Utilizing yourself on checking out 1 ICO/project on a single week is too much on my part.I can do it on a single day for a single project or even more.How? Just summarize it and theres no need to read up the whole WP. Just get the keypoints and the most important informations which will justify or convince you out on investing into a certain project.We should always put up in our minds on avoiding all shady projects.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:07:40 PM

Hello everyone,

Good post. It will surely help those that are new to cryptos a lot. Thanks!

ncn1992vn

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:24:31 PM

ETK Ethereum Key Scam
METH I think too
And RSK AirDrop + ICO now too again
 Huh So more scam 🤥
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

Thank you, that's very informative, I always point up the white paper, team and project development details. I didn't know about fake emails, though, can you tell about some specific differences between fake mails and websites and the genuine ones.
cryptojohnstone

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:25:22 PM

This is a very good checklist for ICO's. I'd also check if they have a good community backing the project. The best ideas can be a failure without a strong community
crypto mania

Activity: 476
Merit: 92

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:58:11 PM

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this post i think this is realy helpful for new people who want to invest and be safe in crypto space, like me.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:20:23 PM

Utilizing yourself on checking out 1 ICO/project on a single week is too much on my part.I can do it on a single day for a single project or even more.How? Just summarize it and theres no need to read up the whole WP. Just get the keypoints and the most important informations which will justify or convince you out on investing into a certain project.We should always put up in our minds on avoiding all shady projects.

Yeah right .no need to read the whole page of the paper ,instead all you need to read is the key items on why do you think they are the best. however majority of ico is sometimes decieving due to the fact that their details may seem promising but at the middle of the campaign they will only stopped or postponed because of some problems like lack of funds or worst they turned into a scam. yet reading their important infos will still be beneficial for you in the long run in order to chose the best posible ico.
jitenrajput
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 04:22:28 AM

There are many things to take care and keep in mind while dealing with cryptocurrencies. Do a quick research and know the fundamentals of cryptocurrencies. This will help you to plan your strategy for investment and trading.

Next, is check the status of your country on cryptocurrencies. Do the stuff on safe side binding the rules and regulations.

Choosing the most appropriate exchange and wallet based on your country and their terms & conditions. And after finalizing, do not share it on social media, keep it to yourself.

Use the advanced analytics tools for trading and investment guide. Some exchanges provide these facilities in-house. Determine entry and exit points, set profit limit and try to minimize the risk as much as possible. For more tips, do follows the link: https://medium.com/@enbofficial/going-to-invest-in-bitcoin-read-this-before-you-go-ahead-d90dd157d0b0.

More suggestions @ https://www.quora.com/in/What-do-you-think-of-these-ways-to-protect-cryptocurrency-what-are-other-suggestions/answer/Jitendra-Rajput-1

Prevent risks: https://www.quora.com/What-should-investors-do-to-prevent-any-risks-from-Bitcoin-in-2018/answer/Jitendra-Rajput-1

ENCRYBIT  -  Future of CryptoExchange▐  Private Sale is Live!
● Buy ENCX Tokens ● Get up to 40% Discount
Budugbass

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:25:06 AM

I really appreciate you for informing me about ICO, and here I happen want to learn and deepen more related to investment in ICO, it's really helped me. Because after all the advantages of crypto.. there are still many things that can make us even causes high losses to be deceived by people who're not responsible. Not only in ICO, sometimes it often follows ICO campaigns but is not paid, such as my friend.
jojowar

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:52:48 AM

Certainly correct. Those information will give us an idea if those ICOs are fake or scam so that the potential investors get some guide on which ICO they will invest.

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:11:51 AM

- Their purpose: what can it solve? And compare with other competitor in the market. You can read ANN thread to check this
- Whitepaper: read through their technology, advantages and roadmap, what did they done in the past, and intended for the future
- Team: the most important part: you should check carefully, read their profile (in Linkedin) carefully. A project with a strong team behind are always assure for their sucessfull
Yes, most importantly, the developer team must be compatible because all of the failing ICOs come up with irrelevant team. Often teams with close relationships are more successful and tolerant.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:17:52 AM

I agree with you, when we start any investment or trading then we should be-careful and search about it mustily, Otherwise a big loss is waiting for us, if we start trading without search. Once a time, i started investment in a site without any search and later on this site was scam me. So that was a bad experience for me, and till now i search firstly and secondly i do start, and as you explain these are basic and necessary rules, every new trader should follow these.
Yeah, being careful is the only thing that can really help us to take advantage of the good ones. As risky as the ICO space sounds, we are the ones who either make it risky for ourselves by not doing what is important.

I cannot get scared away from ICO because a bunch of them are scams, but the best is to find ways to filter out by yourselves the good ones from the bad ones, which a lot of people usually do not. I even get to take the team member first before going through any whitepaper so as to clear my doubts in that direction.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1172

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:47:44 AM

Yes, most importantly, the developer team must be compatible because all of the failing ICOs come up with irrelevant team. Often teams with close relationships are more successful and tolerant.

And community opinion about the upcoming ico. In the sea of so many icos its important to know what people think about it, and is that ico have a positive feedback from community. I relay on this forum a lot, even there are many spammers there are some people who's words worth a lot. I like to see what they think about upcoming ico and mostly they are very accurate in their predictions.
I don't bother my brain with white paper, that is way to complicated for my brain, there are too many expert terms, and so many pages, I leave that to experts to investigate and give their opinion. When you think about it my strategy is simple, investing in sound icos is the safest investment we can make, approved by some experts and big community is OK for me to.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:50:53 AM

Thank you for your advice, but I think it is not good time to take part in ICOs, most of the ICOs have not enough value, but so much risky.

There is a concept in business which states, "the higher the risk, the higher the return." Indeed, ICOs are extremely risky to invest in, but choose the right one and you can turn a few hundred dollars to millions! You don't need to look far, just look at bitcoins. BTC started like $0.000001 or even a lot more zeroes. That translates to millions of dollars if you bought some back when it started.
Absolutely agree with that but we also have to understand that the main reason why a lot of people always scream about this issue of risk is because they do not do what is necessary before investing in any project.

They are always fond of looking through the surface only, the whitepaper, the road-map and a pimped website without even bothering to take proper note of the team that would be doing the job. If a team is not right and I like the idea of the project, I would rather wait for the coin or token to hit the exchange first.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: