Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will October's bubble burst?  (Read 11017 times)
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:45:23 PM

i will say... the longer that we stay at this level, the more nervous i get not being 100% btc... not sure what to do!  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:53:25 PM

i will say... the longer that we stay at this level, the more nervous i get not being 100% btc... not sure what to do!  Undecided

Accept your loss (of opportunity) and think how you can do better next time.

Do NOT capitulate.  

It sucks, I'm sorry.  Undecided
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:58:36 PM

i will say... the longer that we stay at this level, the more nervous i get not being 100% btc... not sure what to do!  Undecided

buy back in.   Cool

everything below 1000 $ will be viewed as awfully cheap in a few years from now.
Marbit

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:07:27 PM

i will say... the longer that we stay at this level, the more nervous i get not being 100% btc... not sure what to do!  Undecided

Do NOT capitulate.  

what are you talking about? capitulate? i took profits slightly above where we are and don't know if i should buy back. "do better"? do you already know what is going to happen in the future?
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:10:47 PM

If you believe BTC will succeed, you should probably cut the emotion attached to the missed opportunity. It's going to be a lot harder as this thing continues to climb. Think of it as if you were brand new to bitcoin today. Would you buy some now?

As far as October's bubble: What bubble? Too much great news for real world adoption, which is what bitcoin needs to validate a value spike like this. Baidu and Softouch alone are enough for me. It's only a matter of time before other similar companies follow suit.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:11:31 PM

buy back in.   Cool

everything below 1000 $ will be viewed as awfully cheap in a few years from now.

Long term is of no importance when you are suffering from short term.

The question is how can you reduce your short term suffering of regret that you feel now?

Buying now you have a high chance to suffer even more short term as chances for the price to correct are high.

Marbit

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:14:33 PM

If you believe BTC will succeed, you should probably cut the emotion attached to the missed opportunity. It's going to be a lot harder as this thing continues to climb. Think of it as if you were brand new to bitcoin today. Would you buy some now?

As far as October's bubble: What bubble? Too much great news for real world adoption, which is what bitcoin needs to validate a value spike like this. Baidu and Softouch alone are enough for me. It's only a matter of time before other similar companies follow suit.

i have cold storage and i have a short to mid-term portfolio. we're not all buy-and-holders, and for those of us that are, i dont miss opportunity to increase my wealth. 20-30% on that news? i dunno.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:16:27 PM

Do NOT capitulate.  

It sucks, I'm sorry.  Undecided

what are you talking about? capitulate? i took profits slightly above where we are and don't know if i should buy back. "do better"? do you already know what is going to happen in the future?

euuuuuhhm

Wauw, I'm speechless.

Guess you are looking for a different response.

Can't help you with that.

Here my opinion.

It really does not matter what your past transactions are.

The question is: is it wise to buy now? Long term, likely yes. Short term, likely no.

We cannot know the future, we can only estimate probabilities and act accordingly.
Marbit

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:18:00 PM

Do NOT capitulate.  

euuuuuhhm

Wauw, I'm speechless.

Guess you are looking for a different response.

Can't help you with that.

Here my opinion.

It really does not matter what your past transactions are.

The question is: is it wise to buy now? Long term, likely yes. Short term, likely no.

that was actually exactly the type of response i was looking for.  Smiley
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:37:49 PM

People were asking these questions back in January as the price zoomed toward $20.

"Oh look, it's overbought, better take profits."

"Oh oh, it's up so high, it'll really crash hard from $22."

Yeah it crashed hard...to $50, from $266.

I've said it time and again: if you think you're such an amazing trader that you can do better than the 1000% annual gain of just buying and holding, be my guest.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:50:09 PM

IMO price won't crash before we test the 200$ walls, which will probably happen the next 2 - 3 days, if volume is good.
If volume stays low, we can linger at this level for a while, maybe drop a bit. After the peak it may take another 4 - 6 days till we crash.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:50:27 PM

People were asking these questions back in January as the price zoomed toward $20.

I've said it time and again: if you think you're such an amazing trader that you can do better than the 1000% annual gain of just buying and holding, be my guest.
Well, I think some people, due to limited capital want to maximize gains now in bitcoin so that they can realize those year over year gains down the road. But also, how long can we sustain those kind of annual gains, do you think?
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:59:22 PM

Well, I think some people, due to limited capital want to maximize gains now in bitcoin so that they can realize those year over year gains down the road. But also, how long can we sustain those kind of annual gains, do you think?

just a few more years.
freakying99

Activity: 429

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:02:47 PM

Early adoption phase is out and 1000+% annual rise is history, and yes I am better trading than just holding since I joined 4 months ago  Wink
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:19:47 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 12:30:02 PM by 600watt

Early adoption phase is out and 1000+% annual rise is history, and yes I am better trading than just holding since I joined 4 months ago  Wink

the company behind angry birds has a 5x bigger market cap than bitcoin & all they do is angry birds. we are at the beginning of early in early adoption phase.
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 11:08:32 PM

Good joke  Cheesy
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:49:03 AM

Until like 1% of the world's wealth is in BTC. So several more years. We aren't even close.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:03:27 PM

this isn't a bubble, but a permanent rise, this is the start of Bitcoin rise
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:07:59 PM

this isn't a bubble, but a permanent rise, this is the start of Bitcoin rise

Bought all in at 194 so prepare for a sharp and violent decline anytime from now and 20 minutes from now.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
atlosas

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:10:15 PM

Ofc it is a bubble Cheesy, people are in "euphoric" state at the moment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: