Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 60gh/s Mini - ROI time?, if ever  (Read 3893 times)
smeagol (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:34:13 PM

http://avalon-asics.com/product/avalon-mini-60ghs/

Is this a viable product anymore?  I was looking around on the forums and saw a thread in which a person claimed a 36-day ROI period.

If yes, what is the ROI period?

Product Description:
Avalon Mini is a two module power house clocking the 110nm chips at 375Mhz, 60Gh/s consuming 600 watts from the wall.

Are external power supplies needed?

Thanks

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:46:33 PM

it will probably produce 4-6BTC during its lifetime, assuming you have cheap power or utilize its power use to heat your home.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
smeagol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:57:18 PM

it will probably produce 4-6BTC during its lifetime, assuming you have cheap power or utilize its power use to heat your home.

So, I guess no ROI...

Has CoinTerra started shipping?  On thegenesisblock.com, it seems to be profitable.
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:59:17 PM

The mini is prifitable if you get at normore than 2.5 btc in the next 2 weeks
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:27:22 PM

The mini is prifitable if you get at normore than 2.5 btc in the next 2 weeks

So if you got them here they will ROI:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=305685.320

smeagol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:52:40 PM

So yes, or no?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 06:02:00 PM

So yes, or no?

Imagine the scenario where one doesn't accept their miner from the carriage, going for the refund/suing option, only to learn the next week that BTC is trading at $300 USD.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:10:03 PM

So, I guess no ROI...

Has CoinTerra started shipping?  On thegenesisblock.com, it seems to be profitable.

They haven't taped out yet.  They do appear to offer refunds but you might have to fight with them.

Just so you know, the $7K KnC machines at 550GH are only producing 1 btc now.  And the difficulty is only going to get much worse.

People are looking at the rise in the spot price as something they can justify, but the truth is you will get more BTC by buying direct.  The spot price will also see another correction soon.  It will see a huge correction if Benjamin Lawsky starts flexing his banking boner that he has interests in.  The Aristocrats can never have enough money and never get enough of enjoying their control over you.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:01:03 PM

Aspiring miners are going to have to get a clue before we can hope for any profitable products on the market again. In the meantime, the only winning move is either not to play, or find a good deal on second hand equipment (from someone who can't stomach the losses from their turkey of a purchase)

Vires in numeris
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:01:22 PM

http://avalon-asics.com/product/avalon-mini-60ghs/

Is this a viable product anymore?  I was looking around on the forums and saw a thread in which a person claimed a 36-day ROI period.

If yes, what is the ROI period?

Product Description:
Avalon Mini is a two module power house clocking the 110nm chips at 375Mhz, 60Gh/s consuming 600 watts from the wall.

Are external power supplies needed?

Thanks

Here is your answer and no BS here. The claims that a 36 day RIO is in fact possible, but it all depends and comes down to 1 difficulty every 2 weeks if IF you are mining Bitcoin, not forgetting the price of them however every 2 weeks or so Avalon units are coming down in price and well am sure you can do math and work out on alt coin within a month buying Avalon units will in fact be much more profitable than buying into these big rigs that others are using.

KNC for example 500GH and making 1BTC a day ok but for how long not long tho and buying KNC at their price now is not profitable. Reason been is that by the time you buy your KNC unit diff will of gone up by around 8 more while waiting in pre orders ans waiting weeks on end to get your unit. Nov orders for dec delivery 4 weeks 2 diff changes. Dec orders for late dec and jan 2 to 4 more diff changes and then some increments of around 40 to 60% increment each time. So when you get your unit your looking to make maybe 0.5 or 0.3 or even 0.2btc per day. I got a batch  2 Avalon and that was making 2BTC a day when I was alt coining then 1.8, 1.5, 1.2, 0.8 and currently 0.3 to 0.4 depending on what is mined when its mined Or 2 you are taking this to the ALT world and mining on them.

I wont give advise publicly but on a safe guard and realistic RIO you are talking 40 to 50 days and after that is all profit minus the expenses for energy if you pay. Myself have stopped mining BTC due to how stupid the diff is going up. If you want solid advise from someone who has been mining for the last 2 years and calculating diff and increments and where to mine what to mine and then some, feel free to pm me.

Its your own decision when buying into hardware and myself I am going to be buying a few more mini units over the next few weeks due to the cost coming down every 2 weeks time and it will be well worth it. Plus Avalon have gen 2 units coming up and I know of a few company's going to be releasing 1 to 3TH units but then even them in time will be worthless it all comes down to batches and how long it takes to get them. My friend last night placed an order for the mini unit on Thursday this week just gone and hes already got his tracking number. Least with Avalon your getting units on buy now and shipped out in a week or less and no wasting on pre orders.

Hardware in a way s good to grab coins and continue mining them until they become worthless and can then just trade. Trading is where the money is at if you want to earn and live of earnings. Mining and hardware in my view is a hobby and a way to access coins and generate them with the possibility of some really fast ROIs and bigger profits if you get it at the right time.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
zulover

Activity: 583

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:37:56 PM

this is a really down to earth article on ROI AND PROFIT

http://codinginmysleep.com/is-asic-mining-unprofitable-depends/
atomriot

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:48:39 PM

this is a calculator i have been playing with for a while. everybody tells me that its not an adequate calc but for the past couple months it has done pretty good and getting close to where i would be with miners running. we have seen ~30% increases for the past 5 diff jumps until the most recent one which was over 40% but with all the hardware coming out, 40's or better may be what we see for a while. but who knows.

it seems that you cant get in to mining to be profitable anymore unless you have massive amounts of money to spend on hardware/power/cooling. at least btc/usd is trending upwards right now so maybe that can help keep the low output of miners a still survivable market for smaller mining setups
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 09:08:13 PM

Here's how I see it play out:

buy buy buy hardware no matter what.  This is a situation where cryptominers will have a lot of hardware to be utilized but there are no other major coins gaining promimence yet.  All those people who bought hardware are driven towards utilizing it long after bitcoin difficulty is sky high and thus a new cryptocoin champion with lesser difficulty like that of lightcoin but geared towards sha256 (it is appearing that ppc coin is becoming this champion slowly (faster than the likes of butterfly coin, asic coin, joulecoin, freicoin, and terracoin anyway)) will be around for us miners with gen 1 hardware to utilize to see mining revenues.  

All those folks who say....buy and hold....these folks are in it for the immediate profit and exit (like Venture Capitalists).  I am not discounting them, their points are very valid if you are in this for profit only and want to buy in at a "hopefully" low rate and watch the price explode.  However if you buy and then sell at the gain...you see profit and that's it.  With hardware, you see less profit initially, but your hardware is here to stay.  

I promote Cex.io all the time, but even for them, the drawback is that while you're buying a demonimation of the processing power form their hardware, you will only see gains from btc.  That is, you cannot buy hashpower from cloudhashing, or cexio and be able to utilize it towards one of the altcoins with a potentially higher payout when the exchange price increases for a given alt.

fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:10:20 AM

@frankenmint : i give you 1gh/s Smiley  (i signed up )

Btw Cex.io is pretty good, thank's for the discover frankenmint Wink

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:21:54 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 01:37:57 AM by Gator-hex

what is the ROI period?

Use http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ to calculate it as it assumes a profit decline into the equation.  Roll Eyes

I got 63 days based on 6BTC @ $170ea 0.15c/kWh power but prices move every day who knows tomorrow or how long it takes to deliver?

vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:01:39 AM

hah! I wouldn't pay for that device more than BTC2. 600 watts? Heck, KnC is around 700 for 500 megahash. So no, even with free electricity I wouldn't pay the price they asking
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 02:11:39 AM

@frankenmint : i give you 1gh/s Smiley  (i signed up )

Btw Cex.io is pretty good, thank's for the discover frankenmint Wink

Thank you friend indeed props for that one.

smeagol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:53:26 PM

what is the ROI period?

Use http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ to calculate it as it assumes a profit decline into the equation.  Roll Eyes

I got 63 days based on 6BTC @ $170ea 0.15c/kWh power but prices move every day who knows tomorrow or how long it takes to deliver?

I checked too, that's good!

Would you recommend?
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:11:53 PM

what is the ROI period?

Would you recommend?
those calcs dont count on diff increase. btcinvest.net is better. 2btc its well worth. 6 not so sure.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 11:26:31 PM

what is the ROI period?

Would you recommend?

That calculator assumes decrease of profitability over A YEAR and the default is set to 60%. Difficulty has been increasing 40% every 10 days or so.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: