Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Most alts are worth Zero  (Read 30792 times)
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:48:10 PM

Because most alts are shitcoins. There is nothing surprising that their price are 10x under the ico price. Alsways make your own analysis before investing in different ico projects.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
juchin

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:03:19 PM

The market has realized most of these coins are worth nothing and the promoters have no intention of developing the ecosystems

You said right. There are many Altcoins are dying and will be die. With this situation of market at the current time, there will be the strong purification

JayFKay

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:05:14 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 02:18:16 PM by JayFKay

This is a great topic & something I've been thinking about. Over on the Crypto Australia Facebook group page (52000+ members) we just had a poll this week asking people which 5 crypto's members really believed had the most real world application - in other words what will survive the ice age and the big melt to reign into the future.

No.1 was Power Ledger aka POWR - the blockchain-based peer-to-peer energy trading platform enabling consumers and businesses to sell their surplus solar power to their neighbours without a middleman - They've signed contracts with 2 of the three biggest energy companies in Australia & the biggest one in New Zealand, the Govt Electricity supplier of Thailand & have partnerships with universities, Electric Car company Tech Mahindra (operating in 90 countries) and are now actively running trials in North America.

In other words they're the Airbnb of electricity.

No.2 was Decision Token aka HST (Horizon State). HST delivers a secure digital ballot box that cannot be hacked, wherein results can never be altered and voter identities are protected. Votes cast can be counted transparently, in real time, by anyone in the world. These counts can happen in perpetuity, as results are permanently retained on the blockchain and can never be changed. More than that - Horizon State allows voters to verify their own vote is accounted for, while maintaining their anonymity.

In other words cleaning up elections in the post fake news world.

No.3 was Bitcoin.

No.4 was Ethereum

No.5 was Cardana aka ADA.

no.6 was VeChain.

No.7 was Iota

No.8 was OMG

No.9 was Stellar

No.10 was EOS

Interestingly enough Bitcoin Cash failed to make the top 30, and XRP, Litecoin & Tron all failed to make the top 10.

More on Horizon State: https://medium.com/horizonstate/horizon-state-joins-google-dropbox-and-spotify-as-world-economic-forum-technology-pioneers-78df2063d1fc

dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:12:15 PM

The market goes down and scam projects or projects that are not developed will soon die. Those projects will not be able to survive in the present circumstances. I have seen a lot of altcoin outside the top 300. Their prices have been continuously reduced since January and to the present it is almost dead. The market will grow with good projects
@baracitamon

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:22:08 PM

I never expected altcoin to be zero, they were the most potent
voltesbazooka

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:30:04 PM

The market goes down and scam projects or projects that are not developed will soon die. Those projects will not be able to survive in the present circumstances. I have seen a lot of altcoin outside the top 300. Their prices have been continuously reduced since January and to the present it is almost dead. The market will grow with good projects

The only problem is that, it is so hard to see it this way right now. I just hope that just as you say, only the good coins will be left in the market and I hope that all scammers go rot in hell.
alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:32:19 PM

Most alts now do not have clear goals for the future. And therefore you say that it is zero. Of course I understand about this. Because I also realize it. The developer of the alts does not have a clear purpose and just makes alts in my opinion.
xanto

Activity: 216
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:32:52 PM

It is very difficult to determine exactly how much a coin is worth. But I agree with you, most of the projects that are currently on the market are overvalued.
JayFKay

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:15:39 AM

exactly the reason why we did that poll on Crypto Australia Facebook Group (see my post on previous page) - to share insights based on the research we have collectively done. Because investing in the doomed to fail type projects is the opposite of what everyone  & the crypto industry as a whole needs.

We need everyone OUT of the shitcoins & trading over in to solid projects that have a future so people don't just lose their money, loser interest & then leave crypto for good.

We need everyone winning (instead of the banks for a change) and we need to rebuild the market cap & make it safe for more people to follow.

So just to recap - our group voted for

No.1 was Power Ledger aka POWR - (like the Airbnb of electricity = awesome real world use).

No.2 was Decision Token aka HST / Horizon State. (HST delivers a secure digital ballot box cleaning up elections in the post fake news world).

No.3 was Bitcoin.

No.4 was Ethereum

no.6 was VeChain.

No.7 was Iota

No.8 was OMG

No.9 was Stellar Lumens

No.10 was EOS

personally I had Stellar Lumens in my top 3 (so many awesome partnerships signed last month + in consideration next for Coinbase listing + just jumped Litecoin to be the No.6)

I also like AGI Singularity Net the artificial Intelligence crypto - let's at least own shares in our Robot Overlords when they come! -

And Kin - simply because they have a ready made market of 300 million users and jumped from outside the top 100 to be currently no.66 - they don't need anyone - raised $100 million US$ at ICO last year & are still super cheap to buy so have huge potential to gain in value once the market turns. ('most used' is overstretching the case in my opinion but here is someone else's opinion ..) https://hackernoon.com/kin-will-be-the-most-used-cryptocurrency-in-the-world-310ca403f0b

slava87

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:23:33 AM

After some time , many altcoins will disappear, the price of them and so fell very low .
Talat10gu

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:39:38 AM

The majority of the whole list of alternative cryptocurrencies is worth zero, and it is not surprising, I am sure that not all of them could be strong and have potential.

MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:42:56 AM

The majority of the whole list of alternative cryptocurrencies is worth zero, and it is not surprising, I am sure that not all of them could be strong and have potential.
Yes thats right but it was already in the market before and most of us saw the lowest price for this year seems luke it was a big preparation for much bigger uptrend for the upcoming years. This alts was said before in the news by Vitalik that reminds everyone to spend what they can afford and it was happening right now. I feel pity not believing on him on that because i think it was only a Fud in the market.

moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:56:45 AM

The market has realized most of these coins are worth nothing and the promoters have no intention of developing the ecosystems

This is partially correct as a large majority of ICO's have not gained enough adoption to sustain their ecosystems or simply don't have enough marketing to grow them sufficiently

Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:29:17 AM

Yes, you're right. most of them are valuable in the beginning and there is no price at all after a few months appear in the market, most of them appear because of HYPE and also most of them are really useless.
rellor

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:44:27 AM

Many projects can have good clear idea but the team just can't realize their idea and make working product. Every altcoin can't become successful, but some of them surely.
Xexath

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:53:17 AM

The value of a coin is depending on the problem it solve .Most of the coin are worth zero because they are not solving any problem .
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:05:55 AM

Most alts now do not have clear goals for the future. And therefore you say that it is zero. Of course I understand about this. Because I also realize it. The developer of the alts does not have a clear purpose and just makes alts in my opinion.
I think you can't generalize all the coins that come have no clear future and purpose, indeed some ico or altcoin are sometimes only made with the same specifications and do not change, that's what you should avoid. but there are some ico and coins that have a good project and potential, it will worthed to invested
morozo

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

Your Gate to Decentralized Internet

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:09:35 AM

exactly the reason why we did that poll on Crypto Australia Facebook Group (see my post on previous page) - to share insights based on the research we have collectively done. Because investing in the doomed to fail type projects is the opposite of what everyone  & the crypto industry as a whole needs.

We need everyone OUT of the shitcoins & trading over in to solid projects that have a future so people don't just lose their money, loser interest & then leave crypto for good.

We need everyone winning (instead of the banks for a change) and we need to rebuild the market cap & make it safe for more people to follow.

So just to recap - our group voted for

No.1 was Power Ledger aka POWR - (like the Airbnb of electricity = awesome real world use).

No.2 was Decision Token aka HST / Horizon State. (HST delivers a secure digital ballot box cleaning up elections in the post fake news world).

No.3 was Bitcoin.

No.4 was Ethereum

no.6 was VeChain.

No.7 was Iota

No.8 was OMG

No.9 was Stellar Lumens

No.10 was EOS

personally I had Stellar Lumens in my top 3 (so many awesome partnerships signed last month + in consideration next for Coinbase listing + just jumped Litecoin to be the No.6)

I also like AGI Singularity Net the artificial Intelligence crypto - let's at least own shares in our Robot Overlords when they come! -

And Kin - simply because they have a ready made market of 300 million users and jumped from outside the top 100 to be currently no.66 - they don't need anyone - raised $100 million US$ at ICO last year & are still super cheap to buy so have huge potential to gain in value once the market turns. ('most used' is overstretching the case in my opinion but here is someone else's opinion ..) https://hackernoon.com/kin-will-be-the-most-used-cryptocurrency-in-the-world-310ca403f0b

This is a good list of top coins, your group knows your stuff. Also these are all unique projects. This year I saw so many projects that stole their idea from existing projects, sometimes with a few changes or „improvements“ for something that has not even launched and hence nobody knows if these products are ever going to be used.

Examples: Selfkey was followed by TheKey which was followed by Bridge (worst of them) - Look for unique projects.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:18:33 AM

That's true. There are hundreds of altcoins on the market and I am sore that less than 10% were actually created as a new idea to help the world and not as a business strategy just to make profit from trading it. But as it seems they are holding up well because people keep trading every coin and that's going to continue since people expect to make a big profit from every single coin that is created.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:25:48 AM

I dont think that such a coin was just invented for nothing. They are all well planned but not all are lucky enough to live up to expectations and hit their goals and roadmaps. Others are really good but lacks the machinery to get more investors to support it. Read their whitepapers and see how they could have done it if they were successful. The competition with each coin brings some to their ends and the weak ones loses hope immediately most especially if their resources aren't just enough.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: